Saturday, August 09, 2008

Darling Lili (1970)






























http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/movies/private_school/p_school75.jpg.html

p_school75.jpg










From 1/31/1964 ( I was Innsbruck Olympics gold medalist on this day ) to 3/13/1982 ( USS Carl Vinson CVN 70 commissioned into U.S. Navy active duty ) is: 6616 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 4/14/1977 ( I returned to Earth after successfully diverting the comet in the outer solar system ) is: 6616 days



From 11/28/1976 ( I launched from the Jupiter moon Callisto for Earth and home ) to 3/13/1982 ( USS Carl Vinson CVN 70 commissioned into U.S. Navy active duty ) is: 1931 days

1931 = 1 + 965 + 965

From 11/28/1976 ( I launched from the Jupiter moon Callisto for Earth and home ) to 7/21/1979 ( my wife Phoebe and I are married ) is: 965 days


http://www.nvr.navy.mil/nvrships/details/CVN70.htm

USS CARL VINSON (CVN 70)
MULTI-PURPOSE AIRCRAFT CARRIER (NUCLEAR-PROPULSION)
Class: CVN 68
Commission Date: 03/13/1982










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/29/08 2:09 PM
I just woke up from a dream where I was stationed aboard a U.S. Navy aircraft carrier. It seems that could be a distant memory of when I first reported to an aircraft carrier after I graduated USNA, although there were no details in the dream to suggest the date. I will probably write later a few details I remember from the dream. All that is important at this point is that I have a very deep sense of longing for my wife Phoebe and I miss her tremendously.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/29/08 3:29 PM
The central element of the dream, it seems now, after being awake for a while, although I just got out of bed after trying to go back to sleep, which I did not go back to sleep, or so it seems, was about line-handling operations on the aircraft carrier. The details are kind of confusing though. From the first scenes, I would say we were mooring to the pier but the later sceness suggest we were getting underway. In the first scenes, I could see that the bow was drifting away from the pier while all the lines on the stern, where I was, and I seemed to be the officer in charge of that group of line-handlers, were all still connected to the pier. The bow drifted for so long that the ship eventually drifted, while pivoting on the stern, so that it was pointed completely in the other direction. Then we seemed to be getting underway and I noticed that one of the lines did not have any handlers standing there at the capstan. I can still remember from the dream the name of the petty officer I called out over the intercom to come up to the deck and to manage the line. I cannot remember the name of the other sailor but I remember his rating and that he seemed to be an E-3 or lower.

There were other details but the continuity is confusing. I remember something that is comforting about getting to write letters to Phoebe. I remember walking through the decks of the aircraft carrier and I almost seemed to be impressed by how luxurious the ship was. After I thought about all that, I wondered if that was my observations of the new Nimitz-class carriers, as this might have been the USS Carl Vinson, compared to the aircraft carriers I flew from during the Vietnam War, which would have been much older.

I also remember a scene in the dream where Patrick Stewart was some where around that carrier and I was thinking to myself of how similar we are in appearance.

There were other details I do not remember much now. There are also details that I do not understand why I would remember.

As I was trying to fall back asleep, I was thinking again of my love affair with my wife and of how we became romantically involved and committed to each other.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 02/21/08 4:03 AM
I had a dream the other night where I heard someone that I could not see make a comment that I would make a good CAG.

I was on an aircraft carrier and I did not recognize any of the surrounding, as I pondered over the dream after waking up.

I do remember something about the USS Carl Vinson CVN-70, as I remember seeing those words on a cap someone was wearing, but something was wrong about that. The hull number might have been wrong on the cap or something else was wrong about those details in the dream.

In the dream, I told the Captain of the aircraft carrier that I had two A-6 Intruders holding near a ship that had navigated close to us and the Captain told me to bring them back. I can still almost hear the engine noises of those jets and I am not certain if maybe it is a noise I heard while in one of those jets during an experience relevant to the details in that dream.

I am not certain when I had that dream. A few days ago I guess. There were other details that I pondered over after waking up but that I do not remember now.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 02/21/08 4:10 AM
At the point in the dream after the Captain told me to recall the Intruders was when I heard the comment, as though from some external source to my sleeping mind, that I would make a good CAG.










http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/photos/030208-N-4048T-153.jpg

030208-N-4048T-153 At sea aboard USS Kearsarge (LHD 3) Feb. 8, 2003 -- Lt.j.g. Karen Sankes takes time to write a letter in her stateroom. Kearsarge, a Wasp-class amphibious assault ship, is deployed with and serving as the flagship for a seven ship Amphibious Task Force East (ATF-E) conducting missions in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. U.S. Navy photo by Photographer’s Mate 2nd Class Alicia Tasz. (RELEASED)


http://www.navy.mil/view_photos_top.asp

030208-N-4048T-153





http://www.defenseimagery.mil/assetDetails.action?guid=6a0fd7c7bac9bb6eaf4c44dd6123c9314f9a691c

DN-SN-84-12082

An officer's stateroom aboard the battleship USS IOWA (BB 61).

Date Shot: 4/15/1984










From 1/29/1964 ( I was multiple Olympic gold medalist during Innsbruck Olympics ) to 10/11/1975 ( USS Carl Vinson CVN 70 keel date )(Saturday) is: 4273 days

4273 = 1 + 2136 + 2136

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 5/21/1969 ( I am Princeton University medical doctor degree graduate ) is 2136 days



From 7/21/1969 ( I was Apollo 11 Eagle astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) To 10/11/1975 ( USS Carl Vinson CVN 70 keel date ) is 2273 days

From 5/12/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy aviator ) To 8/2/1971 ( I was Apollo 15 Falcon astronaut walking and driving on Earth's moon ) is 2273 days


http://www.nvr.navy.mil/nvrships/details/CVN70.htm

USS CARL VINSON (CVN 70)
MULTI-PURPOSE AIRCRAFT CARRIER (NUCLEAR-PROPULSION)
Class: CVN 68
Keel Date: 10/11/1975










From 6/7/1976 ( my first landing Saturn moon Phoebe and the Saturn moon Phoebe territory belongs to me ) to 3/15/1980 ( USS Carl Vinson CVN 70 launched ) is: 1377 days

From 5/1/1967 ( my first flight by myself as jet pilot ) to 2/6/1971 ( I was Apollo 14 Antares command astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) is: 1377 days



From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 3/15/1980 ( USS Carl Vinson CVN 70 launched ) is: 6087 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 11/2/1975 ( I launched from Earth by myself to intercept Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) is: 6087 days



http://www.nvr.navy.mil/nvrships/details/CVN70.htm

USS CARL VINSON (CVN 70)
MULTI-PURPOSE AIRCRAFT CARRIER (NUCLEAR-PROPULSION)
Class: CVN 68
Launched: March 15, 1980



















http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/movies/fast_times/fast_times027.JPG.html

fast_times027.JPG



















http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/Assets/Still/1986/Navy/DN-ST-86-06071.JPEG

ID: DN-ST-86-06071

Service Depicted: Navy

An elevated starboard bow view of the aircraft carrier USS SARATOGA (CV 60) underway. An F-14A TOMCAT aircraft is being launched from a forward catapult.


http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil

DN-ST-86-06071










http://www.sixthfleet.com/gloss.htm

Feet Wet - A term used by aviators to announce when they have crossed from flying over land to flying over a large body of water such as an ocean, bay, or sea.










http://www.aiipowmia.com/inter23/in021203free.html

Re: Finally Free

From: POW-MIA InterNetwork

Date: February 12, 2003

"February 12, 2003

POWs will get another homecoming, 30 years later

By Brian Kelly

Herald Writer

OAK HARBOR -- Two words. A snippet of a sentence, a phrase that lifted them higher than the lumbering Air Force C-141 could ever soar.

"Feet wet!" came the call. And in plane after plane, shouts of joy erupted as each "Hanoi Taxi" crossed the coastline of Vietnam.

Thirty years ago today, the first wave of prisoners of war came home from Vietnam. Dubbed "Operation Homecoming," it saw the release of almost 600 of the 801 Americans captured during the war.

Today at Whidbey Island Naval Air Station, the freedom flights will be marked by a symposium and panel discussion hosted by a half-dozen or so Vietnam POWs. It's a hot ticket for people in uniform: Roughly 400 or more sailors and Marines are expected to attend.

Richard "Skip" Brunhaver, the pilot of a Navy A-4 Skyhawk, recalled being on the second flight out of Hanoi on Feb. 12, 1973. He spent 2,729 days, more than seven years, as a prisoner of war, most of them in Hoa Lo prison, better known as the "Hanoi Hilton."

He was 25 when he was captured -- his fighter-bomber went down because of mechanical trouble in August 1965 -- and 33 when he went home as part of Operation Homecoming.

No cheers came from on board when his plane took off from Vietnam, bound for Clark Air Force Base in the Philippines.

"We had developed so much cynicism over such a long period of time, you never knew," Brunhaver recalled. "You thought there might be some trick going on."

Brunhaver, now 62, said the mood changed once the plane crossed the coast.

"When we hit 'feet wet,' we knew it was for real. About that time, your brain clicked over and said it's time to start living again."










From 2/12/1973 ( Operation Homecoming begins and I was one of the C-141A pilots transporting home the American POW's ) to 7/21/1979 ( my wife Phoebe and I are married ) is: 2350 days

2350 = 1175 + 1175

From 5/1/1982 ( my graduation and commissioning U.S. Naval Academy Class of 1982 ) to 7/19/1985 ( National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day ) is: 1175 days



From 10/9/1971 ( I am board-certified surgeon ) to 7/19/1985 ( National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day ) is: 5032 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 12/11/1972 ( I was Apollo 17 Challenger astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) is: 5032 days


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=38835

Proclamation 5356—National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1985

June 27th, 1985


By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation

Since the Revolutionary War, America's men and women have made unselfish sacrifices to defend freedom. In each of America's wars, America's prisoners of war have faced extraordinary hardships and overcome them through extraordinary sacrifices. The bravery, suffering, and profound devotion to duty of our P.O.W.s and M.I.A.s have earned them a preeminent place in the hearts of all Americans. Their heroism is a beacon to follow forever. Their spirit of hope and commitment to the defense of freedom reflects the basic tenets of our Nation.

This country deeply appreciates the pain and suffering endured by families whose fathers, sons, husbands, or brothers are today still missing or unaccounted for. These families are an example of the strength and patriotism of all Americans. We as a people are united in supporting efforts to return the captive, recover the missing, resolve the accounting, and relieve the suffering of the families who wait. We accept our continuing obligation to these missing servicemen. Until the P.O.W./M.I.A. issue is resolved, it will continue to be a matter of the highest national priority. As a symbol of this national commitment, the P.O.W./M.I.A. Flag will fly over the White House, the Departments of State and Defense, the Veterans' Administration, and the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on July 19, 1985, and over the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Memorial Day and Veterans Day.

By Senate Joint Resolution 87, the Congress has designated July 19, 1985, as "National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day." On this day, we recognize the special debt all Americans owe to our fellow citizens who gave up their freedom in the service of our country; we owe no less to their families.

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim Friday, July 19, 1985, as National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day. I call on all Americans to join in honoring all former American prisoners of war, those still missing, and their families who have endured and still suffer extraordinary sacrifices on behalf of this country. I also call upon State and local officials and private organizations to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this 27th day of June, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eightyfive, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and ninth.

RONALD REAGAN










From 2/12/1973 ( Operation Homecoming begins and I was one of the C-141A pilots transporting home the American POW's ) to 4/12/1981 ( I was the commander aboard the STS-1 Columbia spacecraft ) is: 2981 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 5/1/1967 ( my first flight by myself as jet pilot ) is: 2981 days



From 12/24/1968 ( I was Apollo 8 astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) to 4/12/1981 ( I was the commander aboard the STS-1 Columbia spacecraft ) is: 4492 days

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 11/2/1975 ( I launched from Earth by myself to intercept Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) is: 4492 days



From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 4/12/1981 ( I was the commander aboard the STS-1 Columbia spacecraft ) is: 6480 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 11/28/1976 ( I launched from Jupiter moon Callisto for Earth and home ) is: 6480 days



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-1

STS-1

The first Space Shuttle mission, STS (Space Transportation System)-1, was launched April 12, 1981, and returned April 14. Space Shuttle Columbia orbited the earth 36 times in this 54.5-hour mission.


Not only was this the first launch of the Space Shuttle, but it marked the first time that solid fuel rockets were used for a U.S. manned launch. It was also the first U.S. manned space vehicle launched without an unmanned powered test flight.










http://www.cswap.com/1982/Fast_Times_at_Ridgemont_High/cap/en/25fps/a/00_48

Fast Times at Ridgemont High


:48:45

- I'll teach you to dive.

:48:48
I used to be a champion, you know.

:48:50


:48:54










1982 film "An Officer And A Gentleman" DVD:



Heads up, Perryman.

When you hit the water,

you might get the wind knocked out of you.

Don't panic.

You've got a second and a half

before the cage is completely underwater

and it flips upside-down.










http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/photos/031114-N-6436W-003.jpg

031114-N-6436W-003 Oak Harbor, Wash. (Nov. 14, 2003) - Commanding Officer, Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, Capt. Stephen Black will be the last person in Naval Aviation history to ride the famous “Dilbert Dunker”. He was marked as the 8,333 person to ride dunker at Whidbey Island. The dunker was used to train new Naval Aviators on how to get out of their seat restraints in case they had to ditch their aircraft at sea, and will be replaced by a newer system. U.S. Navy photo by Photographer's Mate 2nd Class Michael B. W. Watkins (RELEASED)



http://www.navy.mil/view_photos_top.asp

031114-N-6436W-003










http://www.cswap.com/1982/Fast_Times_at_Ridgemont_High/cap/en/25fps/a/00_04

Fast Times at Ridgemont High


:04:16
So what can I get you?

:04:18
How 'bout a meatball sandwich,

:04:21
a medium Coke,
and your phone number?










http://everything2.com/index.pl?node=How%20to%20land%20a%20jet%20plane%20on%20an%20aircraft%20carrier

In some ways aircraft carrier landings are a zen experience. For the fifteen to twenty seconds you are on final approach, there are only three things in the entire universe you care about: Meatball, lineup, and angle-of-attack. Everything else fades into irrelevance. It's a very simple existence.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_Carrier

Landing system

Another British invention was the glide-slope indicator (also known as a "meatball"). This was a gyroscopically-controlled lamp (which used a Fresnel lens) on the port side of the deck which could be seen by the aviator who was about to land, indicating to him whether he was too high or too low in relation to the desired glidepath. It also took into account the effect of the waves on the flight deck. The device became a necessity as the landing speed of aircraft increased.





http://www.seekthelamb.com/FlyingDayatOffice.htm

Adventures in the Air


Following the signals of the yellow shirt, I slowly maneuvered the Intruder into the catapult shuttle—the device that connects to your nosewheel bar and does the actual pulling of the aircraft. When I was “in,” the yellow shirt gave me the “hold” signal. There was a pause as a deck hand attached the “hold back rod” to the rear of the nosewheel. This device is designed to hold the aircraft at full power, but to release it when the cat stroke began. The Catapult Officer then gave the “take tension” signal to the catapult operator who was standing over in the cat walk. I reached forward of the throttles and swung out the “cat grip”and felt the aircraft squat slightly as the nosewheel automatically compressed, as if the Intruder was getting ready to jump off the deck.

Waving two fingers back and forth rapidly, the Cat Officer gave me the “turn up” signal. With my left hand I pushed both throttles to full power, locking my fingers over the cat grip bar. This prevents your hand and the throttles from slipping back during the 24 “G” acceleration that was now just seconds away. You didn’t want to go off the cat with anything less than full power!





http://www.defensetech.org/archives/2007_08.html

The catapult shot is like that of any other manned aircraft. Company officials noted that F/A-18s fire off the ship autonomously anyway (pilots keep there hands off the stick during cat shots)





http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail-pc.htm

Being a Plane Captain for the F-14 Tomcat fighter aircraft was a trying, yet rewarding job. The position of Plane Captain is not one that is “given” to you. It is an earned opportunity.


Note that after certain signals given by the PC, a “hands off” signal is also shown. Any time the PC must go near the plane, this signal lets the pilot know that any bumping of flight controls inside the cockpit could injure of kill the PC. A good PC will wait until he sees the pilot with both hands visible before running towards the plane. After the ground locks are secured the pilot is ready for the actual launch procedure. The PC then runs to the front of the plane, and waits for all personnel to leave the danger zones of the plane.





http://www.flyingmag.com/article.asp?section_id=13&article_id=811&print_page=y

With the jet at full power, just shy of the afterburners, and a quick triple-checking glance, I look left at the catapult officer and give him a salute. Not really for him, he can’t even see me, it’s too dark. More so for my own familiarity. With my pinky finger on the throttles I click forward the exterior light master switch, and the deck comes alive with the light of the form lights, red and green nav lights, and strobes. This is the official salute that I’m ready.

Left palm open and pressed against the throttles (so I don’t inadvertently pull them back from the force of the cat shot), right hand up on the canopy grip, and I press my head back against the seat looking forward down the cat. The only light in front of me is the green cat status light. I’m about to be shot into a black rainy sky, why? With that thought the jet squats again and then it comes. WHAM! I slam the throttle to full afterburner and stare at the airspeed to make sure I see three digits by the end of the cat stroke. Over the span of the next 310 feet and roughly two seconds, myself and my jet have accelerated to over 175 knots. At least that was the last speed I saw prior to the jolt of coming off the front of the ship. It almost hurts. As the jet rotates itself to a nice climb attitude I grab the stick, raise the gear and pull the throttles out of blower. You know what? It’s freakin’ dark out here.

I make my airborne call and get switched over to marshal. Kind of like approach control for the ship. I also realize that I’m in the weather, and it’s dark. This sucks. I check in and my marshal instructions are immediately force-fed to me.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_George_Washington_%28CVN-73%29

USS George Washington (CVN-73)

USS George Washington (CVN 73) is the sixth ship in the Nimitz class of nuclear-powered supercarriers, and the fourth United States Navy ship to be named after George Washington, first President of the United States.

Motto: Spirit of Freedom

Nickname: GW










From 5/21/1969 ( I am Princeton University medical doctor degree graduate ) to 8/25/1986 ( USS George Washington CVN 73 keel date ) is: 6305 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 6/7/1976 ( my first landing Saturn moon Phoebe and the Saturn moon Phoebe territory belongs to me ) is: 6305 days



From 5/1/1973 ( my graduation from University of Oxford includes law degree ) to 8/25/1986 ( USS George Washington CVN 73 keel date ) is 159 months, 3 weeks, 3 days

'1-59-33' ( my birth date US )



From 4/14/1981 ( I was the commander aboard the STS-1 Columbia spacecraft ) to 8/25/1986 ( USS George Washington CVN 73 keel date ) is: 1959 days

'1959 March 3' ( my birth date US )


http://www.nvr.navy.mil/nvrships/details/CVN73.htm

USS GEORGE WASHINGTON (CVN 73)
MULTI-PURPOSE AIRCRAFT CARRIER (NUCLEAR-PROPULSION)
Class: CVN 68
Keel Date: 08/25/1986










http://www.cswap.com/1988/Big/cap/en/2_Parts/b/00_03

Big


:03:16
Oh! Don't... No... no, don't.

:03:18
- What?
- The glue is not dry yet. Sorry.

:03:22
- Sorry!
- It's OK. You didn't break anything.










From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 7/4/1992 ( USS George Washington CVN 73 commissioned and I was the first Commanding Officer of USS George Washington CVN 73 ) is: 12176 days

12176 = 6088 + 6088

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 11/2/1975 ( I launched from Earth by myself to intercept Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) is: 6088 days


http://www.nvr.navy.mil/nvrships/details/CVN73.htm

USS GEORGE WASHINGTON (CVN 73)
MULTI-PURPOSE AIRCRAFT CARRIER (NUCLEAR-PROPULSION)
Class: CVN 68
Commission Date: 07/04/1992










From 6/19/1968 ( my 1st Medal of Honor and I am U.S. military fighter jet ace during the Vietnam War ) to 5/1/1973 ( my graduation from University of Oxford includes law degree ) is: 1777 days

From 5/1/1973 ( my graduation from University of Oxford includes law degree ) to 3/13/1978 ( Department of the Army Order 31-3, General Of The Armies ) is: 1777 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_of_the_Armies

General of the Armies and General of the Armies of the United States are the highest possible ranks in the United States Army.


After World War II, which saw the introduction of U.S. "5-star" officers who outranked Washington, both Congress and the President revisited the issue of Washington's rank. To maintain George Washington's proper position as the first Commanding General of the United States Army, he was appointed, posthumously, to the grade of General of the Armies of the United States by congressional joint resolution Public Law 94-479 January 19, 1976, approved by President Gerald R. Ford on October 11, 1976. The law established the grade as having "rank and precedence over all other grades of the Army, past or present,"clearly making it superior to General of the Army. The Department of the Army Order 31-3, issued on March 13, 1978 had an effective appointment date of July 4, 1976. The rank ensures that no United States military officer outranks George Washington










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier_strike_group

The U.S. Navy carrier strike group

The traditional term of carrier battle group (CVBG or CARBATGRU) has been replaced by carrier strike group (CSG) in the U.S. Navy. A CSG is a group of ships centered around an aircraft carrier and usually commanded by a one star rear admiral. The United States Navy maintains 11 carrier strike groups



CSGs are not restricted to a specific composition and can be modified depending on expected threats, roles, or missions expected during a deployment, and one may be different from another. However, they are all composed of similar types of ships, and a U.S. Navy carrier strike group typically includes:

A supercarrier commanded by an aviation community captain (O-6) who reports directly to the commander of the CSG. The carrier provides a wide range of options to the U.S. government, ranging from simply showing the flag, to attacks on airborne, afloat and ashore targets. Because carriers operate in international waters, their aircraft do not need to secure landing rights on foreign soil. These ships also engage in sustained operations in support of other forces. The carrier is the flagship of the battle group, with the commanding rear admiral on board, making use of the advanced combat information center and communications suite.










http://www.cswap.com/2005/Stealth/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_05

Stealth


:05:10
I've got good news.

:05:11
Tell us we got a carrier,
skipper, come on.

:05:14
Affirmative.

:05:15
The USS Abraham Lincoln.

:05:17
Captain's an old classmate of mine,
Dick Marshfield.

:05:20
- I believe you two know each other.
- He was the captain I told you about.

:05:23
- Hell of a pilot in his day.










From 10/18/1947 ( Joe Morton ) to 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) is: 593 weeks, 3 days

'59-33' ( my birth date US )



From 10/18/1947 ( Joe Morton ) to 2/17/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy SEAL ) is: 6332 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 7/4/1976 ( I successfully diverted Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) is: 6332 days



From 10/18/1947 ( Joe Morton ) to 4/30/1982 ( my graduation and commissioning U.S. Naval Academy Class of 1982 ) is: 12613 days

12613 = 1 + 6306 + 6306

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 6/7/1976 ( my first landing Saturn moon Phoebe and the Saturn moon Phoebe territory belongs to me ) is: 6306 days



http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0608012/

Joe Morton
Date of Birth: 18 October 1947
Stealth (2005) .... Capt. Dick Marshfield










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_George_Washington_%28CVN-73%29

USS George Washington (CVN-73)

USS George Washington (CVN 73) is the sixth ship in the Nimitz class of nuclear-powered supercarriers, and the fourth United States Navy ship to be named after George Washington, first President of the United States.

Motto: Spirit of Freedom

Nickname: GW










http://www.cswap.com/1988/Big/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_26

Big


:26:00
There's two numbers missing
on your Social Security.

:26:03
Oh. Uh... 12.

:26:07
1-2.

:26:11
It says here you've got four years' experience.

:26:14
- Yes.
- All on computers?

:26:17
Yes.

:26:22
Where did you go to school?

:26:24
It was... It was called George Washington.

:26:27
Oh, GW? My brother-in-law
got his doctorate there.

:26:32
- Did you pledge?
- Yes.

:26:35
Every morning.










From 7/2/1976 ( I intercepted Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system and set to work at diverting it ) to 6/3/1988 ( premiere US film "Big" ) is: 4354 days

4354 = 2177 + 2177

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 2/17/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy SEAL ) is: 2177 days



From 5/1/1982 ( my graduation and commissioning U.S. Naval Academy Class of 1982 ) to 6/3/1988 ( premiere US film "Big" ) is: 2225 days

From 11/11/1966 ( I was Gemini 12 spacecraft astronaut ) to 12/14/1972 ( I was Apollo 17 Challenger astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) is: 2225 days



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094737/

Big (1988)

Release Date: 3 June 1988 (USA)

Tagline: Have you ever had a really big secret?

Plot: When a boy wishes to be big at a magic wish machine, he wakes up the next morning and finds himself in an adult body literally overnight.










http://www.lyricsfreak.com/d/devo/secret+agent+man_20039801.html

Devo

Secret Agent Man


You know I live a life of danger
For the fbi
Keeping tabs on our nation
On the land, on the sea, in the sky
But every single night
Before I go to bed
I get down on my knees
And thank god
Im a secret agent man
* secret agent man
Secret agent man
Theyve given me a number
But theyve taken way my name
I got one hell of a job to perform
For the u. s. of a.
Got the responsibility
Of our nations top security
But every night and day
I salute the flag and say
Thank you jesus
Cause im, Im a secret agent man
( * repeat)

You know they got me doin this
Doin that
And a little bit of something else
Fighting cavities of evil
Safe-guarding americas health
But not an afternoon pass
I dont get up off my ass
Thank you god
Cause im, Im a secret agent man
( * repeat 2 times)

Cause Im a secret agent man










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duty_Now_for_the_Future

Duty Now for the Future

Studio album by Devo

Released July 1979

Duty Now for the Future was the second album by United States New Wave band Devo


Track listing

11. "Secret Agent Man"










http://www.cswap.com/1982/Fast_Times_at_Ridgemont_High/cap/en/25fps/a/00_46

Fast Times at Ridgemont High


:46:57
I sent a letter to Doug today.
Can't wait 'til he gets out here.

:47:01
- What's Doug doing in Chicago?

- He works for the airline.
You'll meet him.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Aircraft

The Douglas Aircraft Company was an American aerospace manufacturer, based in Long Beach, California. It was founded in 1921 by Donald Wills Douglas, Sr. and later merged with the McDonnell Aircraft in 1967 to form McDonnell Douglas.

During World War II, Douglas joined the BVD (Boeing-Vega-Douglas) consortium to produce the B-17 Flying Fortress.

A-4 Skyhawk (1954)





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas

McDonnell Douglas was a major American aerospace manufacturer and defense contractor, producing a number of famous commercial and military aircraft.

Through the years, McDonnell Douglas also produced many successful military aircraft, including the F-15 Eagle (1974) and the F/A-18 Hornet (1975)










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/27/07 4:10 AM

What a great dream. Phoebe saw me drive back to where she was waiting for a bus and she didn't just walk up to me; she ran up to me. She didn't want me to give her a ride though to where she was going and she told me something about how this would all be over soon. I was stomping on the brake of my 1967 blue Chevrolet to try to get it to stop, but it would not. I think that was when she actually said it would all stop soon. I explained that I have this happen to me in dreams sometimes, where I can't get my vehicle to stop no matter how hard I stand on the brakes and I think she smiled. Probably because I was describing something that happens to me in dreams while I was dreaming. There is another aspect to this part of our conversation that I can't articulate. And thinking back to that dream just makes me miss her incredibly. The dream was set in the past but how I want to see her in the present. In another dream, I think I was on the set of "Fast Times" as she was acting for her scenes. There is something about her being glad I was there. I think I wore my uniform.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-4_Skyhawk

The A-4 Skyhawk was an American attack aircraft originally designed to operate from United States Navy aircraft carriers. The aircraft was designed and produced by Douglas Aircraft Corporation (later McDonnell Douglas)

The diminutive Skyhawk soon received the nicknames "Scooter," "Bantam Bomber," "Tinker Toy Bomber," and, on account of its nimble performance, "Heinemann's Hot-Rod."

The A-4's nimble performance also made it suitable to replace the F-4 Phantom II when the Navy downsized their aircraft for the Blue Angels demonstration team until the availability of the F/A-18 Hornet in the 1980s.










http://www.skyhawk.org/5e/g154970/html/155033e.htm

Aircraft: A-4F Skyhawk

Custodian: Blue Angels

BuNo: 155033

modex: #1

Location: air-to-air

Date: 18 July 1981

Description: Blue Angels Skyhawk diamond formation with the gear and hooks down, BuNo 155033 is #1.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_flight_control_systems

Aircraft flight control systems consist of flight control surfaces, the respective cockpit controls, connecting linkages, and the necessary operating mechanisms to control an aircraft's direction in flight.


Primary controls

Generally the primary cockpit controls are arranged as follows:

A control column or a control yoke attached to a column — for roll and pitch, which moves the ailerons when turned or deflected left and right, and moves the elevators when moved backwards or forwards

Rudder pedals to control yaw, which move the rudder; left foot forward will move the rudder left for instance.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobatic_maneuver

Aerobatic maneuvers are flight paths putting aircraft in unusual attitudes, in air shows, dog fights or competition aerobatics.


Snap Roll; Flick roll; Flick

A family of rapid autorotational or "horizontal spins," not unlike spins. Rotation is induced by a rapid pitch input followed by rapid yaw input, thus stalling one wing further than the other. This imbalance in lift causes the high speed roll.










1982 film "An Officer And A Gentleman" DVD:

00:20:31

Worley: Did you see that bodacious set of tatas?

Sgt. Foley: You're pissing me off, boys!


Mrs. Rufferwell: The Blue Angels will be in next month.

If you need an intoduction, just let me know.

Lynnette: Far fucking out!

Paula: Shh-shh-shh!

Lynnette: I've been wanting to meet one of those Blue Angels since I can remember.










From 11/2/1975 ( I launched from Earth by myself to intercept Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) To 8/13/1982 ( premiere US film "An Officer And A Gentleman" ) is 2476 days

2476 = 1238 + 1238

From 2/12/1973 ( Operation Homecoming begins and I was one of the C-141A pilots transporting home the American POW's ) To 7/4/1976 ( I successfully diverted Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) is 1238 days



From 2/9/1964 ( I was multiple Olympic gold medalist during Innsbruck Olympics ) To 8/13/1982 ( premiere US film "An Officer And A Gentleman" ) is 6760 days

6760 = 3380 + 3380

From 1/29/1964 ( I was multiple Olympic gold medalist during Innsbruck Olympics ) To 5/1/1973 ( my graduation from University of Oxford includes law degree ) is 3380 days



From 8/13/1982 ( premiere US film "An Officer And A Gentleman" ) to 7/21/1987 ( formal wedding ceremony for my wife Phoebe and me ) is: 1803 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 2/9/1964 ( my final day as competitor at Innsbruck Olympics where I won Olympic gold medals ) is 1803 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084434/

An Officer and a Gentleman (1982)

Release Date: 13 August 1982 (USA)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086197/quotes

Memorable quotes for

The Right Stuff (1983)



Glennis Yeager: They don't spend a god-damned thing teaching you how to be the fearless wife of a fearless test pilot.










From 2/6/1964 ( I was Innsbruck Olympic gold medalist again on this day ) to 5/7/1982 ( premiere US film "Paradise" starring my wife ) is: 6665 days

From 1/31/1964 ( I was Innsbruck Olympics gold medalist on this day ) to 5/1/1982 ( my graduation and commissioning U.S. Naval Academy Class of 1982 ) is: 6665 days



From 12/11/1972 ( I was Apollo 17 Challenger astronaut walking on the Earth's moon ) to 5/7/1982 ( premiere US film "Paradise" starring my wife ) is: 3434 days

3434 = 1717 + 1717

From 1/29/1964 ( I was multiple Olympic gold medalist during Innsbruck Olympics ) to 10/11/1968 ( I was Apollo 7 spacecraft astronaut ) is: 1717 days



From 11/26/1976 ( my first landing Jupiter moon Callisto ) to 5/7/1982 ( premiere US film "Paradise" starring my wife ) is: 1988 days

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 12/24/1968 ( I was Apollo 8 astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) is: 1988 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084469/

Paradise (1982)

Release Date: 7 May 1982 (USA)

Phoebe Cates ... Sarah










http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/saranac

saranac

Saranac, NY

Zip code(s): 12981










From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 8/8/1975 ( U.S. Congress authorized women to attend service academies ) is: 4406 days

4406 = 2203 + 2203

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 3/14/1965 ( I am active duty Central Intelligence Agency officer ) is: 2203 days



From 11/11/1966 ( I was Gemini 12 spacecraft astronaut ) to 8/8/1975 ( U.S. Congress authorized women to attend service academies ) is: 3192 days

3192 = 1596 + 1596

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date ) to 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) is: 1596 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Naval_Academy

On August 8, 1975 Congress authorized women to attend service academies. The class of 1980 is inducted with 81 women midshipmen. In 1980 the USNA included Hispanic/Latino as a racial category for demographic purposes. There were four women who identified themselves as Hispanics in the Class of 1981. These women become the first Hispanic females to graduate from the academy. They were Carmel Gilliland who had the highest class rank, Lilia Ramirez, who retired with the rank of Commander, Ina Marie Gomez and Trinora Pinto. In 1979 "June Week" was renamed "Commissioning Week" because graduation had moved to May










From 11/26/1976 ( my first landing Jupiter moon Callisto ) To 7/29/1983 ( premiere US film "Private School" starring my wife ) is 2436 days

From 5/21/1969 ( I am Princeton University Medical Doctor degree graduate ) To 1/21/1976 ( my first landing on planet Mars and my documented and lawful exclusive claim to the territory of planet Mars ) is 2436 days



From 11/26/1976 ( my first landing Jupiter moon Callisto ) to 7/29/1983 ( premiere US film "Private School" starring my wife ) is: 2436 days

2436 = 1218 + 1218

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 11/15/1966 ( Gemini 12 spacecraft splashdown and I was Gemini 12 spacecraft astronaut ) is: 1218 days



From 5/1/1967 ( my first flight by myself as jet pilot ) to 7/29/1983 ( premiere US film "Private School" ) is: 5933 days

'59-33' ( my birth date US )


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086143/

Private School (1983)

Plot Summary: Christine (Phoebe Cates), a student at an exclusive all-girls private school, is in love with Jim, who attends an academy for boys nearby

Release Date: 29 July 1983 (USA)

Phoebe Cates ... Christine Ramsey










From 3/22/1959 ( Matthew Modine ) To 1/31/1964 ( I was Innsbruck Olympics gold medalist on this day ) is 1776 days

From 6/10/1921 ( HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, husband of Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II ) To 4/21/1926 ( Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II ) is 1776 days



From 3/22/1959 ( Matthew Modine ) to 5/21/1969 ( I am Princeton University Medical Doctor degree graduate ) is: 3713 days

From 5/21/1969 ( I am Princeton University Medical Doctor degree graduate ) to 7/21/1979 ( my wife Phoebe and I are married ) is: 3713 days


http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000546/

Matthew Modine
Date of Birth: 22 March 1959

Private School (1983) .... Jim Green
Full Metal Jacket (1987) .... Pvt. Joker

"Saturday Night Live" .... Host (1 episode, 1988)
- Matthew Modine/Edie Brickell & New Bohemians (1988) TV episode .... Host

Memphis Belle (1990) .... Capt. Dennis Dearborn
Pacific Heights (1990) .... Drake Goodman










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_II_of_the_United_Kingdom

Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom

Elizabeth II (Elizabeth Alexandra Mary; born 21 April 1926) is the queen regnant of 16 independent states and their overseas territories and dependencies. Though she holds each crown and title separately and equally, she is resident in and most directly involved with the United Kingdom, her oldest realm; part of her lineage traces through the royal houses of England, Wessex, and Scotland for over fifteen hundred years. She ascended the thrones of seven countries in February 1952

In addition to the United Kingdom, Elizabeth II is also Queen of Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Barbados, the Bahamas, Grenada, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Belize, Antigua and Barbuda, and Saint Kitts and Nevis, in each of which she is represented by a Governor-General.


Heiress presumptive

When her father became King in 1936 upon the abdication of her uncle, King Edward VIII, she became heiress presumptive and was thenceforth known as "Her Royal Highness The Princess Elizabeth".


While at Windsor, Princess Elizabeth and her sister staged pantomimes at Christmas when family and friends were invited with the children of members of staff of the Royal Household. In 1940, Princess Elizabeth made her first radio broadcast during the BBC's Children's Hour, addressing other children who had been evacuated. When she was 13 years old, she first met her future husband Prince Philip. She fell in love with him and began writing to him when he was in the Royal Navy.










From 9/6/1963 ( Betsy Russell ) to 7/23/1973 ( I passed the Multistate Bar Examination ) is: 3608 days

3608 = 1804 + 1804

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 2/9/1964 ( I was multiple Olympic gold medalist during Innsbruck Olympics ) is: 1804 days



From 9/6/1963 ( Betsy Russell ) To 1/31/1964 ( I was Innsbruck Olympics gold medalist on this day ) is 147 days

From 7/4/1976 ( I successfully diverted Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) To 11/28/1976 ( I launched from the Jupiter moon Callisto for Earth and home ) is 147 days


http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0751018/

Betsy Russell
Date of Birth: 6 September 1963
Private School (1983) .... Jordan Leigh-Jenson










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_School_%28film%29

Private School (film)


Christine Ramsay (played by Phoebe Cates) is a young girl who is going to an all-girls private school. She is in love with Jim Green (played by Matthew Modine), who also is going to a private school, an all-boys school near by. Christine has to deal with her rival, Jordan Leigh (played by Betsy Russell), who has the hots for Jim. Jim's uber-slob friend, Bubba Beauregard (played by Michael Zorek), is going out with Betsy, a good friend of Christine's. Betsy (played by Kathleen Wilhoite), thinks that Jim would cheat on Christine when he is around a lot of other girls. Bubba and his pals go over to the girl's school and dress in drag to get inside and see the Promised Land, also known as the girl's shower room. Christine and Jim decide to go out and have a weekend that will be romantic, but things don't go well as they had planned.










From 11/2/1975 ( I launched from Earth by myself to intercept Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) To 8/13/1982 ( premiere US film "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" starring my wife ) is 2476 days

2476 = 1238 + 1238

From 2/12/1973 ( Operation Homecoming begins and I was one of the C-141A pilots transporting home the American POW's ) To 7/4/1976 ( I successfully diverted Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) is 1238 days



From 2/9/1964 ( I was multiple Olympic gold medalist during Innsbruck Olympics ) To 8/13/1982 ( premiere US film "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" starring my wife ) is 6760 days

6760 = 3380 + 3380

From 1/29/1964 ( I was multiple Olympic gold medalist during Innsbruck Olympics ) To 5/1/1973 ( my graduation from University of Oxford includes law degree ) is 3380 days



From 8/13/1982 ( premiere US film "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" starring my wife ) to 7/21/1987 ( formal wedding ceremony for my wife Phoebe and me ) is: 1803 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 2/9/1964 ( I was multiple Olympic gold medalist during Innsbruck Olympics ) is 1803 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083929/

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)

Release Date: 13 August 1982 (USA)


Phoebe Cates ... Linda Barrett










From 7/21/1979 ( my wife Phoebe and I are married ) To 9/3/1982 ( premiere US film "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" starring my wife ) is 1140 days

1140 = 570 + 570

From 10/9/1971 ( I am board-certified surgeon ) To 5/1/1973 ( my graduation from University of Oxford includes law degree ) is 570 days



From 6/7/1976 ( my first landing Saturn moon Phoebe and the Saturn moon Phoebe territory belongs to me ) to 9/3/1982 ( premiere US film "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" starring my wife )(Friday) is: 2279 days

2279 = 1 + 1139 + 1139

From 6/7/1976 ( my first landing Saturn moon Phoebe and the Saturn moon Phoebe territory belongs to me ) to 7/21/1979 ( my wife Phoebe and I are married ) is: 1139 days



From 2/12/1973 ( Operation Homecoming begins and I was one of the C-141A pilots transporting home the American POW's ) To 9/3/1982 ( premiere US film "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" starring my wife ) is 3490 days

3490 = 1745 + 1745

From 7/2/1976 ( I intercepted Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system and set to work at diverting it ) To 4/12/1981 ( I was the commander aboard the STS-1 Columbia spacecraft ) is 1745 days


http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=fasttimesatridgemonthigh.htm

FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH

Release Date: August 13, 1982


Release Dates:

August 13, 1982 (limited)

September 3, 1982 (wide)










From 2/17/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy SEAL ) to 11/13/1982 ( premiere Japan film "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" starring my wife ) is: 6478 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 11/26/1976 ( my first landing Jupiter moon Callisto ) is: 6478 days



From 7/20/1969 ( I was Apollo 11 Eagle astronaut landing on Earth's moon ) to 11/13/1982 ( premiere Japan film "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" starring my wife ) is 159 months, 3 weeks, 3 days

'1-59-33' ( my birth date US )


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083929/releaseinfo

Release dates for

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)

Japan 13 November 1982










From 10/9/1971 ( I am board-certified surgeon ) to 5/14/1996 ( Re-released in USA on video 1982 film "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" starring my wife ) is: 8984 days

8984 = 4492 + 4492

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 11/2/1975 ( I launched from Earth by myself to intercept Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) is: 4492 days


http://www.inbaseline.com/project.aspx?project_id=26609

Fast Times At Ridgemont High (1982)

Re-released in USA on video May 14, 1996.


Phoebe Cates : Linda Barrett










From 5/12/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy aviator ) to 2/26/1984 ( premiere TV movie "Lace" starring my wife ) is: 6864 days

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 5/1/1982 ( my graduation and commissioning U.S. Naval Academy Class of 1982 ) is: 6864 days



From 6/7/1976 ( my first landing Saturn moon Phoebe and the Saturn moon Phoebe territory belongs to me ) To 2/26/1984 ( premiere TV movie "Lace" starring my wife ) is 2820 days

From 7/23/1973 ( I passed the Multistate Bar Examination ) To 4/12/1981 ( I was the commander aboard the STS-1 Columbia spacecraft ) is 2820 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087583/

Lace (1984) (TV)

Release Date: 26 February 1984 (USA)

Runtime: 300 min

Phoebe Cates ... Lili



















http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/movies/lace/lace080.jpg.html

lace080.jpg










From 10/9/1971 ( I am board-certified surgeon ) to 2/27/1984 ( part 2 of TV movie "Lace" starring my wife ) is: 4524 days

4524 = 2262 + 2262

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 5/12/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy aviator ) is: 2262 days



From 7/20/1969 ( I was Apollo 11 Eagle astronaut landing on Earth's moon ) To 2/27/1984 ( part 2 of TV movie "Lace" starring my wife ) is 5335 days

From 12/11/1972 ( I was Apollo 17 Challenger astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) To 7/21/1987 ( formal wedding ceremony for my wife Phoebe and me ) is 5335 days



From 6/7/1976 ( my first landing Saturn moon Phoebe and the Saturn moon Phoebe territory belongs to me ) To 2/27/1984 ( part 2 of TV movie "Lace" starring my wife ) is 2821 days

From 10/11/1968 ( I was Apollo 7 spacecraft astronaut ) To 7/2/1976 ( I intercepted Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system and set to work at diverting it ) is 2821 days


http://www.inbaseline.com/project.aspx?project_id=52807

Lace

Air Date 02/26/1984, 02/27/1984

Phoebe Cates : Lili










From 6/24/1970 ( premiere US film "Darling Lili" ) to 7/4/1976 ( I successfully diverted Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) is: 2202 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 3/14/1965 ( I am active duty Central Intelligence Agency officer ) is: 2202 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065611/

Darling Lili (1970)

Release Date: 24 June 1970 (USA)

Tagline: For a spy, love is the deadliest enemy.

Plot: Set during WWI, this movie is a cute spin on the Mata Hari legend.


Ingo Mogendorf ... Baron Manfred von Richtofen










From 5/12/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy aviator ) to 6/19/1968 ( my 1st Medal of Honor and I am U.S. military fighter jet ace during the Vietnam War ) is: 1134 days

From 6/19/1968 ( my 1st Medal of Honor and I am U.S. military fighter jet ace during the Vietnam War ) to 7/28/1971 ( premiere US film "The Red Baron" ) is: 1134 days



From 7/28/1971 ( premiere US film "The Red Baron" ) to 7/4/1976 ( I successfully diverted Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) is: 1803 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 2/9/1964 ( I was multiple Olympic gold medalist during Innsbruck Olympics ) is 1803 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067658/releaseinfo

Release dates for

The Red Baron (1971)

USA 28 July 1971 (New York City, New York)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067658/

The Red Baron (1971)

Plot Outline: The story of Manfred von Richtofen, the german air ace during the World War I and his truggle with the enemy aces and some jealous german officers.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany

Germany, officially the Federal Republic of Germany

Germany is a federal parliamentary republic of sixteen states (Bundesländer). The capital and largest city is Berlin. Germany is a member of the United Nations, NATO





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nato

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO); French: Organisation du Traité de l'Atlantique Nord (OTAN); (also called the North Atlantic Alliance, the Atlantic Alliance, or the Western Alliance) is a military alliance established by the signing of the North Atlantic Treaty on 4 April 1949. With headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, the organization established a system of collective defence whereby its member states agree to mutual defence in response to an attack by any external party.





http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/CIA

CIA

Central Intelligence Agency: the U.S. federal agency that coordinates governmental intelligence activities outside the United States.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065611/plotsummary

Plot summary for

Darling Lili (1970)


Set in Paris during World War I. Lili Smith/Schmidt is a German spy being requested to go under cover to help Germany during the war, to try and find out their plans. Her "uncle" wishes her to fulfill the operation, whereas one of his colleagues believed she is not capable of performing such an operation as she is British. She soon finds herself following Major William Larrabee's every move and spending all her time either with him or thinking of him. Her "uncle" realises she's in love with him but Lili is not facing that she is. Things & people are coming between her true fate. But what is it...










http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/a11ov.html

Apollo 11 Mission Overview

Apollo 11 (CSM Columbia and LM Eagle)
Saturn V
July 16-24, 1969
Neil A. Armstrong
Michael Collins
Edwin E. "Buzz" Aldrin, Jr.

08 days, 03 hours, 18 minutes
First manned lunar landing mission and lunar
surface EVA. "HOUSTON, TRANQUILITY BASE HERE.
THE EAGLE HAS LANDED."--July 20,





http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/a11.mobility.html

Apollo 11

Lunar Surface Journal



110:16:00 Aldrin: Say again, Houston.

110:16:02 McCandless: Roger...

110:16:03 Armstrong: He wants us (garbled) camera.



110:16:03 McCandless: ...We'd like to get both of you in the field-of-view of the camera for a minute. (Pause) Neil and Buzz, the President of the United States is in his office now and would like to say a few words to you. Over.

110:16:23 Armstrong: That would be an honor.

110:16:25 McCandless: All right. Go ahead, Mr. President. This is Houston. Out.

110:16:30 Nixon: Hello, Neil and Buzz. I'm talking to you by telephone from the Oval Room at the White House, and this certainly has to be the most historic telephone call ever made. I just can't tell you how proud we all are of what you (garbled). For every American, this has to be the proudest day of our lives. And for people all over the world, I am sure they, too, join with Americans in recognizing what an immense feat this is. Because of what you have done, the heavens have become a part of man's world. And as you talk to us from the Sea of Tranquility, it inspires us to redouble our efforts to bring peace and tranquility to Earth. For one priceless moment in the whole history of man, all the people on this Earth are truly one; one in their pride in what you have done, and one in our prayers that you will return safely to Earth. (Pause)

[A frame from the 16-mm film shows Buzz on the left saluting at about 110:17:54, with Neil partially hidden by a LM thruster.]

110:17:44 Armstrong: Thank you, Mr. President. It's a great honor and privilege for us to be here representing not only the United States but men of peace of all nations, and with interests and the curiosity and with the vision for the future. It's an honor for us to be able to participate here today.

110:18:12 Nixon: And thank you very much and I look forward...All of us look forward to seeing you on the Hornet on Thursday.

110:18:21 Aldrin: I look forward to that very much, sir. (Pause)










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=2584&st=&st1=

223 - Remarks of Welcome to Their Royal Highnesses Prince Charles and Princess Anne of the United Kingdom.

July 16th, 1970


Your Royal Highnesses, Your Excellencies, the Ambassadors from the British Commonwealth of Nations, and all of our guests today:

It is a very great privilege for me, both officially and personally, to welcome our guests today. As I looked over the historical record of the visits of the Prince of Wales to this house and to this Nation, I find that they take place about once every 50 years: the first in 1860, the next one in 1919, and now in 1970 on this occasion.

The fact that this visit is a personal visit and not an official visit is an indication of the closeness of the relationship between the United States and Great Britain and the British Commonwealth, and also between the family in this house and the family in London.

I would like to say to our royal guests today that we want you to feel very much at home in your brief stay. We want you to get to know our Capital, our Congress, our baseball team--we hope it does better than it has been doing recently when you are here--and also we hope you know and get to know our young people, the young people in our family and the young people you will meet at the occasions that you will be attending here and on your brief stay.

I can say finally that I hope that we can make you feel just as much at home as your grandfather showed such great hospitality to General Eisenhower in a story General Eisenhower liked to repeat.

He recalled that he had been offered a tour of Windsor Castle that was to be completely private and that the Royal Family had sent word to the effect that they would be in the apartment upstairs and he could visit parts of the Windsor Castle that had never been seen by ordinary visitors.

Your grandfather, King George VI, however, had forgotten for the moment when the visit was to take place and the Royal Family was in the garden. He saw the group approaching from afar. And then he and the other members of the Royal Family ducked down low so that they couldn't be seen and crawled along the side of the fence, back up to the apartment so that General Eisenhower would not cancel his visit.

We hope that we can get out of sight for you as well so you can feel completely at home with our young people while you are here.

Welcome very much on this occasion.


Note: The President spoke at 4:15 p.m. on the South Lawn at the White House.

Prince Charles responded as follows:

Mr. President, thank you very much indeed for your kind words of welcome. My sister and I have been looking forward very much to this particular visit since you came to London not very long ago and we are very touched that you should have decided to have us in the middle of what must be a very busy summer with all the work that goes on in a capital like this.

We have been looking forward to it enormously because America to me and my sister has always been a very fascinating and intriguing country and we have always longed to come.

And we are particularly grateful to you to let us stay in the White House and little did we expect that the first and the only house we would stay in on our first visit would be the White House. It is a peculiar honor, I think.

We are also very grateful to you for letting us see all the various things of interest in Washington which we shall see when we are here. And we look forward to seeing the Capitol and the various monuments.

One day particularly we hope to come back and see much more of this country which inevitably in only the few days that are left to us here we can't see very much.

Thank you very much indeed. We look forward to it.










From 6/19/1968 ( my 1st Medal of Honor and I am U.S. military fighter jet ace during the Vietnam War ) to 11/26/1976 ( my first landing Jupiter moon Callisto ) is 3082 days

From 11/26/1976 ( my first landing Jupiter moon Callisto ) to 5/5/1985 ( premiere TV movie "Lace II" starring my wife ) is 3082 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089453/

Lace II (1985) (TV)

Release Date: 5 May 1985 (USA)

Plot Keywords: Astronaut

Phoebe Cates ... Lili










From 2/6/1911 ( my maternal grandfather Ronald Wilson Reagan ) to 3/13/1953 ( Deborah Raffin ) is: 15376 days

From 6/10/1921 ( my paternal grandfather HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, husband of Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II ) to 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) is: 15376 days



From 3/13/1953 ( Deborah Raffin ) to 1/31/1964 ( I was Innsbruck Olympics gold medalist on this day ) is: 3976 days

3976 = 1988 + 1988

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 12/24/1968 ( I was Apollo 8 spacecraft astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) is: 1988 days


http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0706298/

Deborah Raffin
Date of Birth: 13 March 1953
Lace II (1985) (TV) .... Judy 'Jude' Hale