This Is What I Think.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ghosts of Earth




Now I recall one of the notions I was thinking of as I was walking back from the grocery store, other than details I considered about the random nature of me generating a $43.59 food bill just after I made that tremendous report about the 2002 film "The Time Machine."

I was thinking again about a line of thought I have had before about the spirit world trying to make contact with this real world. I find the notion credible that spirits would make reference to art that is recognizable to the the mass of people in their target audience. I have some kind of mental capability to resist them though that the masses do not seem to have or even to want.










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/w/windtalkers-script-transcript-wind-talkers.html


Windtalkers [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


We've got some new radiomen
from headquarters.
Private Whitehorse...
and Yahzee...
and a couple of sergeants...
Enders and Henderson...
who, if I'm understanding
these orders correctly...
will be covering our Navajos' asses.
God damn you, Joe Enders.
...but I'm telling you...
we're going to be stepping into
our share of the shit, nonetheless.
Any questions?
Sounds like you're dying.
These might help get rid of the taste.
Charlie and I both lost it
on the boat ride from San Diego.
Not many bodies of water in Arizona.
Life Savers really helped.
You want a Life Saver?
What are you doing here?
Just trying to help.
Not what I meant.
You mean, what am I doing in this uniform?
It's my war, too, Sergeant.
I'm fighting for my country,
for my land, for my people.
It's not your people I'm worried about.
Listen, Enders, I'm a codetalker.
It takes me two and a half minutes
to do what used to take an hour.
Somebody wearing a lot more stripes
than you thinks that's worth something.
Remind me to time you when you've got
bullets flying over your head.
What the hell is wrong with you?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268695/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

The Time Machine (2002) [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


Über-Morlock: Who are you to question 800,000 years... of evolution?

Alexander Hartdegen: This is, this is a perversion of every natural law.

Über-Morlock: [grabs him by the throat] And what is time travel but your pathetic attempted to try to control the world around you? Your futile effort to have a question answered? You think I don't know you, Alexander? I can look inside your memories, your nightmares, your dreams. You're a man haunted by those two most terrible words: What if?