This Is What I Think.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

London calling.




Well, it is not as profound as the Lifesavers incident I observed and reported on a while back but I still feel this observation has enough merit to report.

After I made my last blog post, before this one, I rushed out and walked over to the grocery store before darkness set in too much.

I was plodding along towards the orange juice aisle and I was thinking through in my mind again about my affinity for the word 'superluminal.' The word is about the characteristic of light so it makes sense that the word and my affection for that word invokes in my mind something where I can see something about light. I just cannot figure what it means other than what I can read about. As I was walking back and I was composing in my mind most of the content I personally contribute to this observation, I was thinking about a dream I had a while back and that I can still visualize to some degree. I saw two or three moons in the night sky and those moons were the planet orbiting type but those were of course not the moons of our planet Earth. There was also a very luminescent quality to those moons as they traveled along low on the horizon and I cannot recall ever seeing our planet Earth's moon look that same way. That image I can still vaguely see in my mind is one of the details I thought over as I walked back from the grocery store.

The relevant detail about this post is that I went up to the self-checkout stand and I rang up $43.59 which makes me think of 4 March 1959. I was thinking of the song as I walked back because of the 4 March detail. I am not expecting a phone call from anyone and I was thinking today I wish I could build a portal that dumps some more cash into my apartment.

I always thought those song lyrics goes "nuclear arrow" instead of "nuclear error."

So anyway, I thought about the random possibilities of me generating that value at the checkout stand. I also thought about how likely would be the occurences of me generating $33.59 again. So I thought through a lot of that as I walked back. I feel I wanted to write more but after I wrote the last sentence my mind went almost kind of blank for a moment and I suddenly lost my train of thought, which wasn't very organized to begin with on this topic.





http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/clash/londoncalling.html

THE CLASH LYRICS


"London Calling"

London calling to the faraway towns
Now war is declared, and battle come down
London calling to the underworld
Come out of the cupboard, you boys and girls
London calling, now don't look to us
Phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust
London calling, see we ain't got no swing
'Cept for the ring of that truncheon thing

[Chorus 1:]
The ice age is coming, the sun's zooming in
Meltdown expected, the wheat is growing thin
Engines stop running, but I have no fear
'Cause London is drowning, and I live by the river

London calling to the imitation zone
Forget it, brother, you can go it alone
London calling to the zombies of death
Quit holding out, and draw another breath
London calling, and I don't wanna shout
But while we were talking, I saw you nodding out
London calling, see we ain't got no high
Except for that one with the yellowy eyes

[Chorus 2: x2]
The ice age is coming, the sun's zooming in
Engines stop running, the wheat is growing thin
A nuclear error, but I have no fear
'Cause London is drowning, and I live by the river

Now get this

London calling, yes, I was there, too
An' you know what they said? Well, some of it was true!
London calling at the top of the dial
After all this, won't you give me a smile?
London calling

I never felt so much alike [fading] alike alike alike