This Is What I Think.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Oh. Well. I really got that wrong.




According to the Wikipedia article, "Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri" was not released until February 1999.

What I would remember prior to 1999, as an extension of a product, is that I enjoyed playing the personal computer video game title "Civilization" of which the Wikipedia article indicates a release date in 1991.

When "Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri" released in Feb. 1999 I was already here in the Seattle Washington area, living in Bellevue Washington" and while I cannot recall any context of myself playing that video game on my personal computer I know I played it extensively by myself in my apartment on my personal computer.

I liked the terrain sculpting features. Those features were superior of "SimCity" and although "SimCity" used to let you raise or lower terrain on a tile-by-tile basis the version I have now but have not played more than two hours in the past five years does not have that capability.