This Is What I Think.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Soylent Green (1973)




Before I just started watching for the first time a DVD I recently purchased of the 1973 film "Soylent Green" I had hoped I could get through the entire DVD without stopping to make an official statement and that was hard because early dialog reminds me of how my brother Thomas Reagan graduated with a law degree on 1 May 1973. I hoped to create some continuity between my reports today and my report tomorrow, because I try to make my postings so that each report is a singular report that doesn't depend on information from other reports, although sometimes I assume that certain information was defined in a previous report, but I do like to create some continuity between reports, but no such luck now. I finally had to pause the video at the point where Charlton Heston has arrived to investigate the murder of the rich guy.

Where did I meet her? Is she my romantic interest in Barcelona Spain in November 1989? The way my memory records that she told me she was from Belgium. Her name was Patricia. We usually had to report back to the ship at curfew but one day was a weekend and on that weekend we did not have to report back to the ship because it was a weekend and so I had a hotel room with my Terrier Missile Plot coworker Doug. I had talked to Patricia for several days and one day I was hopeful to get to talk to her for a least a moment when I had Shore Patrol duty and I roamed around city in my dress blues and Shore Patrol armband but I couldn't find an excuse to go into the bar where she worked. A later night was the weekend night and I avoided Shore Patrol and went out after curfew although I was staying the night at the hotel and she had earlier said she would come back to the hotel with me and so I went to get her when she got off work. The hotels in Europe are different from the United States, at least that one was, and the two guys at the front desk did not want to let me bring her in with me to my room. She had told me that before we got there and so I told her to say that she was a United States Navy sailor too. I explained that women did serve on United States Navy ships and that those guys working at the front desk of the Hotel Americana, I think it was called, had no way of knowing I served on a warship, of which women were in those days not allowed to serve on. And I told her if need be to make that story even more believable by telling them she was from Oklahoma. I was going to write about this a few days ago but then did not. So that all went down and they did complain at the front desk when I walked back in with her, as I had already checked in several hours earlier but without her, and so she did give them a convincing story about Oklahoma and as I had earlier coached her as we walked there, she did have a convincing fake Oklahoma accent. But they were insistent and she could not come up to the room unless I paid them another fifty dollars, because of the extra occupancy in the room. I didn't have any more cash on me so she paid them and I promised I would pay her back tomorrow when I went back to the ship. That would come up later because another coworker, sometime later during a conversation where I was boasting about picking her up, would deflect my boasting with claims that she was a hooker. His argument was that Doug told him about how he and I left her waiting the next day at a cafe while I went back to the ship for more cash so I could pay her back as I had promised. I told him that was the only reason money traded hands between us. The hotel staff would not let her in unless I gave them more money and that was why I gave her the cash which was about fifty dollars or less.

Perhaps I knew her in Valencia Spain sometime after that. A woman in Palma Mallorca during our extended port of call there over the Christmas holidays told me we looked like "The Untouchables" because me and my buddies found a deal on wool overcoats in some other port call we made during that 1989 deployment of the USS Wainwright CG 28 to the Mediterranean Sea.

That cat actually came up to me today. I opened the patio door and it stayed in place and didn't approach me. But when I went into the bedroom and raised the blinds it got up and came over and I could have petted it if not from the screen. I held out my hand it sniffed at it but I didn't have any food it probably would have liked. I walked back to the living room and when I looked back it was lying on the grass with its back to me and just then it jumped up and chased a squirrel. I wondered if that cat was really even to catch that squirrel because that squirrel was almost as big as the cat. Until I started writing this paragraph I assumed the cat was going to catch the squirrel and eat it but as I started writing this sentence I think that cat was just chasing off the squirrel. Territoriality.










From 4/19/1973 ( premiere US film "Soylent Green" & premiere US film "High Plains Drifter" ) To 3/23/1990 ( premiere US film "Pretty Woman" ) is 6182 days

From 11/2/1965 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/6/1982 ( premiere US TV series episode "Quincy, M.E."::"A Ghost of a Chance" ) is 6182 days



From 10/21/1942 ( premiere US film "The Forest Rangers" ) To 3/23/1990 ( premiere US film "Pretty Woman" ) is 17320 days

17320 = 8660 + 8660

From 11/2/1965 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/19/1989 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush murders 111 passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 232 and destroys the United Airlines Flight 232 aircraft because I was a passenger of United Airlines Flight 232 as United States Navy Petty Officer Second Class Kerry Wayne Burgess and I was assigned to maintain custody of a United States military prisoner ) is 8660 days



From 10/21/1942 ( premiere US film "For Me and My Gal" ) To 3/23/1990 ( premiere US film "Pretty Woman" ) is 17320 days

17320 = 8660 + 8660

From 11/2/1965 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/19/1989 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush murders 111 passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 232 and destroys the United Airlines Flight 232 aircraft because I was a passenger of United Airlines Flight 232 as United States Navy Petty Officer Second Class Kerry Wayne Burgess and I was assigned to maintain custody of a United States military prisoner ) is 8660 days



From 4/18/1988 ( the United States Navy Operation Praying Mantis - US Navy Lieutenant Tom Reagan and US Navy FC2 Kerry Burgess are both at the same time onboard the United States Navy warship USS Wainwright CG 28 when it evaded a Harpoon anti-ship missile from hostile Iran-Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush-Axis of Evil-Soviet Union-Communist forces but 2 United States Marine Corps aviators launched from USS Wainwright CG 28 killed this day ) To 3/23/1990 ( premiere US film "Pretty Woman" ) is 704 days

704 = 352 + 352

From 11/2/1965 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/20/1966 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"What Are Little Girls Made Of?" ) is 352 days





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100405/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Pretty Woman (1990)

Country Date

USA 23 March 1990
UK 1 June 1990










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/s/soylent-green-script-transcript-heston.html


Soylent Green


What did you dig up in those cases I gave you?
Matthewson...
...murder.
Out of your jurisdiction. Across the city line in Philadelphia.
Chergov. Murder.
Went home yesterday.
Donaldson. Multiple rape.
Has a record in the Bronx.
Can be extradited.
Get him the hell out of Manhattan.
What about Zolitnikoff?
Well. Give me time. Will you?
You've been telling me that for the last three days.
Well. I can't locate the files.
I spent hours on it at the Exchange today.
Talked to every other book who was there.
You know. There are million guys out of work in Manhattan alone...
...just waiting for my job and yours too.
I want to close that case and sign it out.
What the hell kind of miracle do you want of me?
I'm just an ordinary police book. Not the Library of Congress.
I don't know why I bother.
Because it's your job. Besides. You love me.










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/p/princess-diaries-2-script-transcript.html


Princess Diaries 2


You are the one
who stomped on me with your big feet.
Big feet?
Brigitte, I found her.
Uh, Brigitta.
(whispers) I'm not here.
It wasn't her. It was a ghost. Whoo...
Well, you know,
you danced with my big feet.
Fine. I danced with you. Call The Hague,
convene the war-crimes tribunal.
Mia, I would remind you
that we only danced for about a minute.










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/s/soylent-green-script-transcript-heston.html


Soylent Green


- What was your name again? - Charles.
- Charles what? - Just Charles.
It's perfectly legal.
God. We haven't had any trouble here in years. Not years.
The scanners and alarms went out of order last Thursday.
- Come on. Let's have a look. - Yes. It was Thursday.
The problem is parts.
The original manufacturer's out of business. Our men fabricate replacements.
Takes them forever. Just forever.
Nothing works. Not really. You can't believe the problems I have.
I'll have to tell the other tenants.
What do I do? Call each of them and say Mr. Simonson in A was slaughtered?
Unit scanner and alarm. The best there is.
We should have more guards.
- I told management... - Wait.
We should have more guards.
Detective Thorn. th Precinct.
Tab Fielding. I was Mr. Simonson's bodyguard.
Furniture?
- Yes. - Simonson's?
- Personal or building? - Building.