Monday, August 20, 2018

You know it's hard to steer




Of myself forever reproaching myself, (for who more foolish than I, and who more faithless?)

- WALT WHITMAN










http://www.tv.com/shows/preacher/schwanzkopf-3520658/

tv.com

Preacher Season 3 Episode 9

Schwanzkopf

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Aug 19, 2018 on AMC

TV Show Episode Scripts > Preacher (2016) > Season 3 > Schwanzkopf

Preacher (2016) s03e09 Episode Script

Schwanzkopf

(from internet transcript)

&&&
&&&

Preacher Jesse Custer: That is the worst apocalypse plan I have ever heard.

Herr K. Starr: I agree - Allfather was a lunatic.










https://www.facebook.com/kerry.burgess.790/posts/2140949122847012

Facebook

Kerry Burgess

July 29, 2018 at 1:28 pm (Pacific Time USA)

Today I started wondering what is the point of trying to keep up with them.

They are obviously creating circumstances for me to report.

But - as I have absolutely ZERO contact and communication directly with those involved in their activities - there are some problems with their activities.

One problem is the source file they are probably using. I'm using a source file - the file IMDB provides freely on the internet - that is probably different from their version. I'm using a version from about the year 2012. Sometimes I find discrepancies in it and the IMDB online interface. Not often, but sometimes. Presumably, that source file from IMDB is updated at intervals. Meaning a person who downloads the IMDB today is going to have a different database of release dates than I have and that I use in my research.

Another problem I can think of offhand is one specific change I made to my database. The IMDB file references a different date for the premiere of the "Star Trek: The Next Generation" television series episode. I changed my database file to match the dates on the official StarTrek.com website, which IMDB.com does not match, although tv.com matches the startrek.com website. But the imdb.com file is what makes research so much easier to accomplish. The software code I created on my own initiative and from my own creative process uses the imdb.com database file, mostly, to create the matches I produce for my reports.

Those are the only two problems I can think of off-hand but those are going to create some gaps in their plans if they want me to report on their activities.

Otherwise, what's the point?










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/1.htm

The Cage [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Unaired pilot


[Pike's quarters]

BOYCE: Boyce here.

Captain PIKE: Drop by my cabin, Doctor. (Boyce enters with bag) What's that? I didn't say there's anything wrong with me.

BOYCE: I understand we picked up a distress signal.

PIKE: That's right. Unless we get anything more positive on it, it seems to me the condition of our own crew takes precedent. I'd like to log the ship's doctor's opinion, too.

BOYCE: Oh, I concur with yours, definitely.

PIKE: Good. I'm glad you do, because we're going to stop first at the Vega Colony and replace anybody who needs hospitalisation and also. What the devil are you putting in there, ice?

BOYCE: Who wants a warm martini?

PIKE: What makes you think I need one?

BOYCE: Sometimes a man'll tell his bartender things he'll never tell his doctor. What's been on your mind, Chris, the fight on Rigel Seven?

PIKE: Shouldn't it be? My only yeoman and two others dead, seven injured.

BOYCE: Was there anything you personally could have done to prevent it?

PIKE: Oh, I should have smelled trouble when I saw the swords and the armour. Instead of that, I let myself get trapped in that deserted fortress and attacked by one of their warriors.

BOYCE: Chris, you set standards for yourself no one could meet. You treat everyone on board like a human being except yourself, and now you're tired and you

Captain PIKE: You bet I'm tired. You bet. I'm tired of being responsible for two hundred and three lives. I'm tired of deciding which mission is too risky and which isn't, and who's going on the landing party and who doesn't, and who lives and who dies. Boy, I've had it, Phil.





BOYCE: To the point of finally taking my advice, a rest leave?

PIKE: To the point of considering resigning.

BOYCE: And do what?





PIKE: Well, for one thing, go home. Nice little town with fifty miles of parkland around it. Remember I told you I had two horses, and we used to take some food and ride out all day.

BOYCE: Ah, that sounds exciting. Ride out with a picnic lunch every day.

PIKE: I said that's one place I might go. I might go into business on Regulus or on the Orion colony.





https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_W._Marshall

James W. Marshall

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

James Wilson Marshall (October 8, 1810 – August 10, 1885) was an American carpenter and sawmill operator, who reported the finding of gold at Coloma on the American River in California on January 24, 1848, the impetus for the California Gold Rush. The mill property was owned by Johann (John) Sutter who employed Marshall to build his mill. The wave of gold seekers turned everyone's attention away from the mill which eventually fell into disrepair and was never used as intended. Neither Marshall nor Sutter ever profited from the gold find.





BOYCE: You, an Orion trader, dealing in green animal women, slaves?

PIKE: The point is this isn't the only life available. There's a whole galaxy of things to choose from.

BOYCE: Not for you. A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on, and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.

PIKE: Now you're beginning to talk like a doctor, bartender.

BOYCE: Take your choice. We both get the same two kinds of customers. The living and the dying.

SPOCK [on monitor]: Mister Spock here. We're intercepting a follow-up message, sir. There are crash survivors on Talos.

[Bridge]

GARISON: (reads) Eleven survivors from crash. Gravity and oxygen within limits. Food and water obtainable, but unless. The message faded at that point, sir.

PIKE: Address intercraft.

TYLER: System open.

PIKE: This is the captain. Our destination is the Talos star group. Our time warp, factor seven.

TYLER: Course computed and on the screen.

ONE: All decks have acknowledged, sir.

PIKE : Engage.

TYLER: On course, sir.

(Colt enters. Pike turns around and bumps into her)

PIKE: Yeoman.

COLT: Yes, sir.

PIKE: I thought I told you that when I'm on the bridge

COLT: But you wanted the reports by oh five hundred. It's oh five hundred now, sir.

PIKE: Oh, I see. Thank you.

ONE: She's replacing your former yeoman, sir.

PIKE: She does a good job, all right. It's just that I can't get used to having a woman on the bridge. No offence, Lieutenant. You're different, of course.

(The Enterprise arrives at a planet)

TYLER: We've settled into orbit, sir.

GEOLOGIST: Geological lab report complete, Captain.

SPOCK: Preliminary lab survey ready, sir.

PIKE: Spectography?

GEOLOGIST: Our reading shows an oxygen nitrogen atmosphere, sir, heavy with inert elements but well within safety limits.

PIKE: Gravity?

GEOLOGIST: Zero point nine of Earth.

TYLER: Captain? Reflections, sir, from the planet's surface. As I read it, they polarise out as rounded metal bits. Could be parts of a spaceship hull.

PIKE: Prep a landing party of six. You feel up to it?

SPOCK: Yes, sir.

TYLER: Yes, sir.

PIKE: Sorry, Number One. With little information on this planet, we'll have to leave the ship's most experienced officer here covering us.

ONE: Of course, sir.










https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120591/quotes

IMDb

Armageddon (1998)

Quotes

Harry Stamper: What's your contingency plan?

Truman: Contingency plan?

Harry Stamper: Your backup plan. You gotta have some kind of backup plan, right?

Truman: No, we don't have a back up plan. This is it.

Harry Stamper: And this is the best that you c - that the-the government, the *U.S. government* can come up with? I mean, you-you're NASA for cryin' out loud, you put a man on the moon, you're geniuses! You-you're the guys that think this shit up! I'm sure you got a team of men sitting around somewhere right now just thinking shit up and somebody backing them up!










From 6/29/1995 ( the Mir space station docking of the United States space shuttle Atlantis orbiter vehicle mission STS-71 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-71 pilot astronaut and my 3rd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 8/20/2018 is 8453 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/24/1988 is 8453 days



From 12/8/2003 ( premiere US TV miniseries "Battlestar Galactica" ) To 8/20/2018 is 5369 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/15/1980 ( premiere US TV movie "Roughnecks" ) is 5369 days



From 6/30/1998 ( premiere US film "Armageddon" ) To 8/20/2018 is 7356 days

7356 = 3678 + 3678

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/28/1975 ( premiere US film "Alice Cooper: Welcome to My Nightmare" ) is 3678 days



From 12/23/1985 ( as Kerry Burgess my official United States Navy documents includes: "I respectfully request to attend FC "A" school." ) To 8/20/2018 is 11928 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/30/1998 ( premiere US film "Armageddon" ) is 11928 days



From 7/20/1969 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the United States Navy Commander circa 1969 was United States Apollo 11 Eagle spacecraft United States Navy astronaut landing and walking on the planet Earth's moon ) To 8/20/2018 is 17928 days

17928 = 8964 + 8964

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/19/1990 ( premiere US TV movie "By Dawn's Early Light" ) is 8964 days



From 3/20/2009 ( premiere US TV series episode "Battlestar Galactica"::series finale episode "Daybreak" ) To 8/20/2018 is 3440 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/4/1975 is 3440 days



From 7/27/1997 ( premiere US TV series "Stargate SG-1"::series premiere episode "Children of the Gods" ) To 8/20/2018 is 7694 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/26/1986 ( premiere US film "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home" ) is 7694 days



From 10/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) To 8/20/2018 is 8697 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/25/1989 ( UTC: the closest approach of the United States Voyager 2 spacecraft to the planet Neptune ) is 8697 days



From 8/10/1885 ( James Wilson Marshall deceased ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate ) is 38568 days

38568 = 19284 + 19284

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/20/2018 is 19284 days





instagram_blue-tree_08-20-2018_1.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/bluetreeny/












datediffer_08-20-2018_1.jpg - Kerry Burgess










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie4.html

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)

[Bird-of-Prey cargo bay]

Captain KIRK: They say 'The sea is cold but the sea contains the hottest blood of all'

GILLIAN: 'Whales Weep Not', D.H. Lawrence.










Stargate SG-1 - Children of the Gods - television series premiere Season 1 Episode 1 - Sunday 27 July 1997

(from internet transcript of incomplete dialog)

&&&
&&&


JACKSON: What time is it, anyway? I must have Gate lag or something.

O'NEILL: Daniel, for crying out loud, you've had one beer. You're a cheaper date than my wife was.

JACKSON: Yes, when am I going to meet your wife?

O'NEILL: Oh, probably, uh, never. (pause) After I came back from Abydos the first time, she'd already left.

JACKSON: I'm sorry.

O'NEILL: Yeah, so was I.










Star Trek - Metamorphosis - television series Season 2 Episode 9 - Aired Nov 10, 1967 on NBC

Episode Summary

When their shuttle is diverted to a planetoid, Kirk, Spock, and McCoy encounter Earth's Warp Drive pioneer, Zefram Cochrane, who appears to have survived there alone for 150 years.

(from internet transcript)

&&&
&&&

[Outside Cochrane's home]

KIRK: How do you do it?

Zefram COCHRANE: I just sort of clear my mind and it comes.

(He walks to the edge of the garden then stands with his eyes closed. The Companion appears, then moves to envelope him.)

KIRK: Bones, what do you make of that?

MCCOY: Almost a symbiosis of some kind, a sort of joining.

KIRK: Exactly what I think. Not exactly like a pet owner speaking to a beloved animal, would you say? MCCOY: No, it's more than that.

KIRK: Agreed. More like love.

(The Companion vanishes, so Kirk and McCoy go over to Cochrane.)

MCCOY: Are you all right?

COCHRANE: Yes. It kind of drains me a little, but I'm all right.










From 11/10/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) To 7/15/1999 is 11570 days

11570 = 5785 + 5785

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/4/1981 ( the published and untrue birthdate listed for Beyonce Knowles ) is 5785 days



From 4/13/1909 ( Stanislaw Marcin Ulam ) To 9/4/1976 ( the unpublished true birthdate of Beyonce Knowles ) is 24616 days

24616 = 12308 + 12308

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/15/1999 is 12308 days



From 11/18/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) To 7/15/1999 is 969 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/28/1968 ( Lyndon Johnson - Memorandum on the Need for Reduced Spending by Federal Agencies Following Enactment of the Tax Bill ) is 969 days



From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 7/15/1999 is 3043 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/3/1974 ( premiere US TV series "Nova" ) is 3043 days



See also other post by me on this topic: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2016/11/when-johnny-comes-marching-home.html


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=57889

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993-2001

Memorandum on Occupational Illness Compensation for Energy Contractor Personnel

July 15, 1999

Memorandum for the Secretary of Defense, the Attorney General, the Secretary of Labor, the Secretary of Energy, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, Assistant to the President for Economic Policy

Subject: Occupational Illness Compensation for Energy Contractor Personnel










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact (1996)

[Montana settlement]

LILY: Come on.

Doctor Zefram COCHRANE: Good night Eddie. [ punches arm of man drinking from bottle at bar-room table ] ...Go home.

LILY: You're gonna regret this tomorrow.

COCHRANE: One of the things you should have learned about me by now is that I don't have regrets. ...Come on, Lily, one more round.

LILY: Z, you've had enough. I'm not going up in that thing with a drunken pilot.

COCHRANE: Well I sure as hell am not going up there sober.










https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daybreak_(Battlestar_Galactica)


Daybreak (Battlestar Galactica)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Daybreak" is the three-part series finale of the reimagined science fiction television series Battlestar Galactica










https://www.facebook.com/kerry.burgess.790/posts/2005803316361594

Facebook


Kerry Burgess

Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 9:00pm

Battlestar Galactica (2003)

Season 4, Episode 21

Daybreak, Part 2 (3)

Air Date

Friday March 20, 2009

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: There must be some kind of way out of here.












star-trek-generations_00h14m44s.jpg





star-trek-generations_00h14m56s.jpg





star-trek-generations_00h14m57s.jpg










Posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 3:35 AM - Friday, June 27, 2008


From 10/28/1955 ( Bill Gates is an enemy combatant against the U.S. federal goverment and U.S.A. allies ) to 4/4/1975 ( Microsoft is product of insurrection and subversive activities against the U.S. federal government by foreign power ) is: 7098 days





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975

April 4 - Bill Gates founds Microsoft in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA










http://www.tv.com/shows/better-call-saul/something-beautiful-3521030/

tv.com

Better Call Saul Season 4 Episode 3

Something Beautiful

Airs Monday 10:00 PM Aug 20, 2018 on AMC

Episode Summary

Jimmy puts a risky plan into motion. As alliances shift, Nacho finds himself in the crosshairs. Kim contemplates her future.

AIRS TONIGHT










Battlestar Galactica - television miniseries premiere episode - Monday 08 December 2003 USA

(from internet transcript of incomplete dialog)

&&&
&&&

Helo: I show ten, no, no make that five, Cylon raiders on course 324, mark 110, speed 7.1, time to intercept, 7 minutes.

CAG: You don't sound too sure.

Boomer: There's a lot of jamming going on. Cylons are using a lot of defensive decoys. Sorting through them, but-

CAG: Understood. Just take your time, guide us in, we'll do the rest.

Boomer: Yes, sir.

(CIC)

Gaeta: So, that would put our squadron about here. Now, looks like the main fight is shaping up over here, near Virgon's orbit. But even at top speed, they're still over an hour away.

Adama: Plot a course along this axis. If we can keep Virgon between us and the battle, (Starbuck walks in, looks at Tigh, points to her [ cheek ]) we might be able to get pretty close before the Cylons are even aware.

Gaeta: At least, sir.

Starbuck: Commander. (salutes) Ready for duty, sir.

Adama: Good.

Starbuck: Where the hell did the Cylons come from?

Adama: All we know for sure is that they achieved complete surprise and we're taking heavy losses. We lost thirty Battlestars in the opening attack.

Starbuck: That's a quarter of the fleet.

Adama: I need pilots, and I need fighters.

Starbuck: Pilots you've got - there's twenty of us climbing the walls down in the ready room, but fighters...

Adama: I think I seem to remember an entire squadron of fighters down on the starboard hangar bay yesterday.

Starbuck: (thinks about that for a second and then salutes) Yes, sir.

(Starboard hangar bay - shot of the museum railings being knocked over)

Starbuck: You're sure they'll fly?

Chief: Well, the reactor's still hot. So all we have to do is pull the rad buffers from the engine, refuel it, load the ordinance and you're ready to go. The biggest problem's gonna be getting them over to the port launch bay.

Starbuck: Why can't we use the starboard launch?

Chief: It's a gift shop now.










https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120591/quotes

IMDb

Armageddon (1998)

Quotes

Grace Stamper: Listen, Harry, A.J. is my choice - my choice and not yours.

Harry Stamper: He's the only one in your age bracket, Grace. It's not a choice, it's a lack of options.










https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081440/releaseinfo

IMDb

Roughnecks (1980 TV Movie)

Release Info

USA 15 July 1980










https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120591/quotes

IMDb

Armageddon (1998)

Quotes

President: I address you tonight not as the President of the United States, not as the leader of a country, but as a citizen of humanity. We are faced with the very gravest of challenges. The Bible calls this day "Armageddon" - the end of all things. And yet, for the first time in the history of the planet, a species has the technology to prevent its own extinction.










https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075419/releaseinfo

IMDb

Alice Cooper: Welcome to My Nightmare (1975)

Release Info

USA 28 November 1975










From 7/4/1976 ( at extreme personal risk to himself my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship successfully intercepts the Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system and diverts it away from the planet Earth ) To 12/8/2003 is 10018 days

10018 = 5009 + 5009

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/21/1979 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan and my sister-in-law Phoebe Cates are lawfully married in the state of Vermont ) is 5009 days



Other posts by me, future updates possible by me, including: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-farthest-man-from-home.html


http://www.tv.com/shows/battlestar-galactica/battlestar-galacticathe-mini-series-1603714/

tv.com


Battlestar Galactica Episode 1

Battlestar Galactica:The Mini-Series

AIRED: 12/8/03










Movie Scripts > Armageddon (1998)

Armageddon (1998) Movie Script

(from internet transcript)

&&&
&&&

Harry Stamer: Someday, many years from now, when you're all growed up... and you got your own oil company and $8 million of your own money on the contract... you can do whatever comes into that little A.J.-idiotin' mind of yours you want... but as long as it says "Harry Stamper Oil" on the rig you will not disobey my rules. You got that?

A.J.: Yeah, I do got it.










https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120591/releaseinfo

IMDb

Armageddon (1998)

Release Info

USA 30 June 1998 (Westwood, California) (premiere)



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120591/fullcredits

IMDb

Armageddon (1998)

Full Cast & Crew

Bruce Willis ... Harry S. Stamper










album: "Welcome To My Nightmare" (1975)


https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/alicecooper/welcometomynightmare.html

AZ

Alice Cooper

"Welcome To My Nightmare"

Welcome to my nightmare, I think you're gonna like it, I think you're gonna feel you belong.
A nocturnal vacation, unnecessary sedation, you want to feel at home 'cause you belong.
Welcome to my nightmare whoa, ho, ho, ho...

Welcome to my breakdown.
I hope I didn't scare you.
That's just the way we are when we come down.
We sweat and laugh and scream here.
'Cause life is just a dream here.
You know inside you feel right at home, here.
Yeah, Welcome to my nightmare yeah, hey, hey, hey...

Welcome to my nightmare!
I think you're gonna like it!
I think you're gonna feel you belong!
We sweat and laugh and scream here!
'Cause life is just a dream here!
You know inside you feel right at home, here!

Welcome to my nightmare hoo, hoo, woo, hoo...
Welcome to my breakdown...

Yeah!










https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120591/quotes

IMDb

Armageddon (1998)

Quotes

Grace Stamper: Hi Harry.

Harry: I have repeatedly asked you to call me dad.

Grace Stamper: Sorry Harry.












https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/AS11-40-5903HR.jpg

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/images11.html#Mag40












DSC00122 _m_s _1.jpg





DSC00122 _m_s _2.jpg










Movie Scripts > Armageddon (1998)

Armageddon (1998) Movie Script

(from internet transcript)

&&&
&&&


Lev, Russia space station astronaut: Don't touch my uncle. You know? He's a genius of my family.

A.J. Lev! Can anybody hear me? Guys? Hello, guys.

Lev, Russia space station astronaut: He used to work for a big bomb factory. He used to make the tip of the bomb, the thing that finds, uh... New York or Washington, you know?










Movie Scripts > Armageddon (1998)

Armageddon (1998) Movie Script

(from internet transcript)

&&&
&&&


Harry Stamper: You don't trust the men you're working with, you're as good as dead. Now, you want to send these boys into space, fine. I'm sure they'll make good astronauts. But they don't know jack about drillin'. What's your contingency plan?

Dan Truman, NASA: Contingency plan?










Movie Scripts > Armageddon (1998)

Armageddon (1998) Movie Script

(from internet transcript)

&&&
&&&


Harry Stamper: All they gotta do is drill?

Dan Truman, NASA: That's it.

Harry Stamper: No spacewalkin', no crazy astronaut stuff?

Dan Truman, NASA: Just drill.

Harry Stamper: How many men were you plannin' on takin' up there?

Dan Truman, NASA: We're sendin' up two shuttles, two teams.

Harry Stamper: If I do this, I'm gonna wanna take my own men.

Dan Truman, NASA: You got it. So you're saying you'll help us?

Harry Stamper: Yes, sir.

Dan Truman, NASA: Thanks.

Harry Stamper: I just don't trust anybody else to do it, that's all.










Battlestar Galactica - television miniseries premiere episode - Monday 08 December 2003 USA

(from internet transcript of incomplete dialog)

&&&
&&&

Adama: Fleet status?

Gaeta: Last civilian ship is away.

Adama: Recall all fighters. Stand by to secure landing bays.

Dualla: Galactica to all Vipers: break off, come on home. Repeat: come on home.

Gaeta: FTL? Go. Sublight? Go. Board is green. Ship reports ready for jump as soon as landing bay's secure, sir.

(Another missile hits.)

Dualla: Two Vipers still out there, sir. Starbuck and Apollo.

Tigh: We can't stand toe-to-toe with those base ships. (on intercom) Retract the pods.

(Pods retract.)

Adama: I can't leave them here. Patch me through to Starbuck. (on radio) What do you hear? Starbuck, Galactica. What do you hear?

Starbuck: What?

Adama: Good morning, Starbuck, what do you hear?

Starbuck: (listening to debris hit the ship) Nothin' but the rain.

Adama: Grab your gun and bring the cat in.

Starbuck: Aye aye, sir. Comin' home.

Apollo: I'm losing power. I'm not gonna make it. Starbuck, it's over. Just leave. Dammit, that's an order.

Starbuck: Lee, shut up and hold still. (She swings around, yells, aims right at Apollo.)

Apollo: Oh no.

(Starbuck yells again, locks their ships together and pushes him home.)

Apollo: You are beyond insane!

Starbuck: Kickin' in the burn.

Adama: Come on.

Apollo: We're coming in a little hot, don't you think?

Starbuck: No? Not really?










1998 film "Armageddon" DVD video:

00:08:04


Tourist's husband: Why are we not going?

Taxi driver: Well, you know why? Because this is New York City. Anything could have happened. Let me see, it could have been a terrorist bombs or a dead body or somebody shot, stabbed and it's Friday! Payday! Somebody probably jumped, didn't get their paycheck.

Tourist: [ slapping his shoulder ]

Taxi driver: Yes?

Tourist: I want to go shopping!

Taxi Driver: Me too! But we ain't going nowhere because this is a traffic jam!



- posted by Kerry Burgess 7:12 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 20 August 2018