This Is What I Think.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Deja Vu (2006)




I can very clearly remember saying something just the same to a person in Texarkana in 1994.

I had traveled back to Ashdown Arkansas for my ten year high school reunion.

I do not recall the specific day I arrived in Ashdown Arkansas on the trip but we had more than one day of events planned for the reunion and there is no mistake about the day I was there for one of the class reunion days. One of those days, of which there is no mistake, was my niece's birthday. I think that day was 24 August 1994. I could be off by a day or two but I think that was the day that one of the class reunion events was scheduled at a park and my sister reserved an area a few feet away for my niece's birthday party.

So the part that is similar was I think the night before that day of her birthday and the class reunion event in the park.

We had planned to meet at a bar in Texarkana and then a large group of us went to a big country and western bar there in Texarkana. I cannot recall the name of the place now but I always used to think of it as the most well-known nightclub in Texarkana. I think it was Gilly's. So anyway, we got there, after I followed in my car with another former United States Navy sailor, because I didn't know how to find the place, who was telling me she was getting a commission in the United States Navy medical corps, and someone pointed out a table in the nightclub that was reserved. A woman enthusiastically pointed out that it reserved for my former step-father, Denzil, and she told me he was usually in there and was a regular customer at the place. I had probably only seen him one time, in 1988, after he and my mother split-up while I was in the Persian Gulf in 1988.

So I asked her where he was. She told me that he wasn't coming in that night and that he was at the lake.

Yeah, now I remember. That might have been the first night and I think that would have been, I guess, August 23rd. That would have been before August 24th, which was the class reunion event in the park on the west side of town. I remember now because the actual reunion was the following night and at the junior high school we went to. I remember I wore a khaki colored suit and I didn't wear the name tags they gave out to every one. My buddy Chad gave speech to the crowd and he talked about moving back to Ashdown and setting up office as an attorney. He told me he was currently serving as an attorney in the United States Air Force.










http://movie.subtitlr.com/subtitle/show/314938


Deja Vu (2006)


Where's Larry?
- What? - Larry Minuti, my partner.
That's his car right there. Is he here?
I thought you said he was on vacation.
Yeah, that's right.
What?
Those cars were brought here from the Algiers ferry parking lot.

They're the vehicles that belonged to the victims.
Sorry.
So he's a former Marine?










http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000243/bio

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Biography for

Denzel Washington

Date of Birth

28 December 1954, Mount Vernon, New York, USA

Birth Name

Denzel Hayes Washington Jr.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Bloc_information_dissemination

Eastern Bloc information dissemination

Eastern Bloc information dissemination was controlled directly by each country's Communist party, which controlled the state media, censorship and propaganda organs. State and party ownership of print, television and radio media served as an important manner in which to control information and society in light of Eastern Bloc leaderships viewing even marginal groups of opposition intellectuals as a potential threat to the bases underlying Communist power therein.


In the Eastern Bloc, the state owned and operated the means of mass communication. The ruling authorities viewed media as a propaganda tool, and widely practiced censorship to exercise almost full control over the information dissemination. The press in Communist countries was an organ of, and completely reliant on, the state. Until the late 1980s, all Eastern Bloc radio and television organizations were state-owned (and tightly controlled), while print media was usually owned by political organizations, mostly by the local Communist party.










http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000226/bio

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Biography for

Will Smith

Date of Birth

25 September 1968

Birth Name

Willard Christopher Smith Jr.