This Is What I Think.

Friday, June 28, 2024

Today is 06/28/2024, Post #1





excerpts, by me, posted by me 09/21/2018

http://hvom.blogspot.com/2018/09/man-from-earth.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess at 10:17 PM

Homeless Veteran Of Microsoft

I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2018

Man From Earth



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5770864/plotsummary

IMDb

The Man from Earth: Holocene (2017)

Plot

A 14,000-year-old college professor notices that he has finally started showing signs of aging. Meanwhile, four of his students get suspicious of him and start investigating his past.



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5770864/plotsummary

IMDb

The Man from Earth: Holocene (2017)

Plot

14,000 year-old "Man from Earth" John Oldman is now comfortably hiding in plain sight as a college professor in Northern California. But his existence comes crashing down when four students discover his deepest secret, putting his life in grave danger and potentially shaking mankind to its very soul.



[excerpts ends - by me, posted by me 09/21/2018]










2022-01-03_4









https://blogs.nasa.gov/webb/2022/01/02/deployment-timeline-adjusted-as-team-focuses-on-observatory-operations/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=NASAWebb&utm_campaign=NASASocial&linkId=146558444

NASA official

James Webb Space Telescope

Deployment Timeline Adjusted as Team Focuses on Observatory Operations

Posted on January 2, 2022

James Webb Space Telescope

Taking advantage of its flexible commissioning schedule, the Webb team has decided to focus today on optimizing Webb’s power systems while learning more about how the observatory behaves in space. As a result, the Webb mission operations team has moved the beginning of sunshield tensioning activities to no earlier than tomorrow, Monday, Jan. 3. This will ensure Webb is in prime condition to begin the next major deployment step in its unfolding process.





https://www.yahoo.com/news/nasas-space-telescope-hunky-dory-192925841.html

Yahoo! News

NASA's new space telescope 'hunky-dory' after problems fixed

Mon, January 3, 2022, 11:29 AM

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — NASA’s new space telescope is on the verge of completing the riskiest part of its mission — unfolding and tightening a huge sunshade — after ground controllers fixed a pair of problems, officials said Monday.

The tennis court-size sunshield on the James Webb Space Telescope is now fully open and in the process of being stretched tight. The operation should be complete by Wednesday.

The $10 billion telescope — the largest and most powerful astronomical observatory ever launched — rocketed away Christmas Day from French Guiana. Its sunshield and primary mirror had to be folded to fit into the European Ariane rocket.









From 2/14/1969 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Requiem for Methuselah" ) To 1/3/2022 ( ) is 19316 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/21/2018 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me, referenced here ) is 19316 days



From 2/11/1997 ( the launch of the US space shuttle Discovery orbiter vehicle mission STS-82 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps commissioned-officer and United States STS-82 pilot astronaut and my 4th US NASA orbital flight of 4 overall - Hubble Space Telescope repair ) To 1/3/2022 ( ) is 9092 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/24/1990 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek: The Next Generation"::"The Best of Both Worlds - Part Two" ) is 9092 days



From 1/16/1904 ( from Wikipedia: Dorothy Eady ) To 3/18/1960 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Twilight Zone"::"Long Live Walter Jameson" ) is 20516 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/3/2022 ( ) is 20516 days



From 10/24/1994 ( premiere USA film "Stargate" ) To 1/3/2022 ( ) is 9933 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/12/1993 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Quantum Leap"::"Liberation" ) is 9933 days



From 10/8/1942 ( premiere USA film "Flying Tigers" ) To 1/3/2022 ( ) is 28942 days

28942 = 14471 + 14471

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/16/2005 ( as Kerry Burgess my official records United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital includes: Date of Admission, psychiatric unit ) is 14471 days



https://blogs.nasa.gov/webb/2022/01/03/webb-team-moving-forward-with-sunshield-tensioning/

NASA

James Webb Space Telescope

Webb Team Moving Forward With Sunshield Tensioning

Posted on January 3, 2022

The Webb mission operations team began the first steps in the process of tensioning the first layer of Webb’s sunshield this morning around 10 a.m. EST.

It will take the team two to three days to tension the five-layer sunshield. The plan for today is to focus on the first layer, the largest and the one closest to the Sun.

This critical step in the observatory’s complex sequence of deployments resumed after Webb mission managers paused deployment operations on Saturday to allow for team rest









"Requiem For Methuselah" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 14 Feb, 1969

(from internet transcript)

SPOCK: Your collection of Leonardo da Vinci masterpieces, Mister Flint, they appear to have been recently painted on contemporary canvas with contemporary materials. And on your piano, a waltz by Johannes Brahms, an unknown work in manuscript, written in modern ink. Yet absolutely authentic, as are your paintings.

FLINT: I am Brahms.

SPOCK: And da Vinci?

FLINT: Yes.

SPOCK: How many other names shall we call you?

FLINT: Solomon, Alexander, Lazarus, Methuselah, Merlin, Abramson. A hundred other names you do not know.










man-from-earth-holocene_00h49m24s
man-from-earth-holocene_00h49m32s
man-from-earth-holocene_00h49m35s
man-from-earth-holocene_00h49m38s









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tue, May 16, 2006 5:55:42 PM

Subject: Re: I don't know if I am winning or losing an effort by the Borg to assimilate my mind.

And what memories are real and what memories are manipulated? Did I ever live in a town named Greenville and work repairing cash machines? Did I ever live in a place named Lincoln on the Green?

And what about Central and Greer?









by me, Kerry Burgess, August 14, 2017 12:01 am

the first thought that came to mind in the first few minutes was: what if my degree in the early 1990s really was from Princeton University. Thomas Reagan, a 1969 graduate of Princeton University, unpublished by anyone but me, as well as also a major movie studio executive and financial owner, made the arrangements for my studies there. My work in Columbia was as a professor in the second half of the 1990s.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess {me}

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess {me}

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.



by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.



from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 9/28/2006 7:13 PM

This sounds very interesting. In my memory of taking Physics my Senior year at Ashdown, I remember being very interested in the class, but we didn’t cover such an interesting topic.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/about/present/

Ayan Chatterjee (left) and Mark Daly measure piano strings as part of a lab project for professor Pierre Piroué's freshman seminar on "Sound, Music and ... Physics."

9/28/2006 7:37 PM

I think I even have memories of the graduate degree process. I am not sure of the terms to describe the process.

9/28/2006 7:47 PM

I actually do remember... something... I can’t explain it. It feels that I am holding an unmarked, undistinguishable book that I don’t know the name of or the contents but I know I have read it already.

9/28/2006 8:34 PM

A few minutes ago I started thinking that maybe I started at Princeton University in 1972. I would have been 13 at the time as Thomas Ray. I remember that Kerry Burgess started first grade in 1972. But then I decided that I probably started Princeton earlier than 1972 and maybe 1972 was the year I completed my first major degree. Or 1972 doesn’t really mean anything in particular to Thomas Ray; rather it is there for continuity sake for the life of Kerry Burgess.



by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 3:06 AM Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salesman

Also, "Salesman." I saw that in a dream while sleeping recently. I saw myself going through an induction process in the United States Marine Corps and I woke up understanding that I was dreaming of my actual experience in 1990. I saw a document that indicated I was being inducted to the United States Marine Corps with the officer grade of Chief Warrant Officer 2. I saw in the dream another document associated with my induction and that document indicated I had been assigned the informal name "Salesman."











https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrriKcwvlY

Timbuk 3 - The Future's So Bright

Timbuk3VEVO

from YouTube









"Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades"

Timbuk 3

I study nuclear science
I love my classes
I got a crazy teacher, he wears dark glasses
Things are going great, and they're only getting better
I'm doing all right, getting good grades
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades

I've got a job waiting for my graduation
Fifty thou a year -- buys a lot of beer
Things are going great, and they're only getting better
I'm doing all right, getting good grades
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades

Well I'm heavenly blessed and worldly wise
I'm a peeping-tom techie with x-ray eyes
Things are going great, and they're only getting better
I'm doing all right, getting good grades
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades

I study nuclear science
I love my classes
I got a crazy teacher, he wears dark glasses
Things are going great, and they're only getting better
I'm doing all right, getting good grades
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades
I gotta wear shades, I gotta wear shades









Rainbow Six (1998) - Tom Clancy

(from internet transcript)

excerpts, Chapter 4

Immortality. Damn, all the pronghorns he might take, the doctor from Cody thought on



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 9:52 PM Pacific-time USA Friday 06/28/2024