This Is What I Think.

Saturday, June 08, 2024

Today is 06/08/2024






star-trek-tos_season2-ep9_00h10m59s










2024-06-08_bluetreeny_1

https://www.instagram.com/p/C79tfsbOe9e/



https://www.instagram.com/bluetreeny/

https://bluetreeny.bigcartel.com/about

Blue Tree

ABOUT

Phoebe Cates Kline opened Blue Tree in the fall of 2005! Phoebe's dream was "to have it be like a general store but according to me." :) A surprise around every turn, the shop has built up a loyal following not only in the neighborhood of Carnegie Hill but all over the world. Known for its eclectic and inspired selection of women's clothing and jewelry, Blue Tree also carries unique and carefully chosen items in home, gift, fragrance, music, delicacies, etc. There are no rules. And we are always re-inventing, recreating in the hopes of delighting.









"In Marge We Trust" [The Simpsons]

Original Airdate on FOX: 27-Apr-1997

(from internet transcript)

Meanwhile, Homer finds his likeliness is popular in Japan.

Across the world, as a line of men soberly inspects detergent powder, a phone rings. The Mr. Sparkle factory foreman answers.

Foreman: [in Japanese] Hello?

Homer: Yes. This is Homer Simpson from America. Who may I say is speaking to me?

Foreman: [in Japanese] He speaks English. You take it. [hands phone to a worker]

Worker: [heavily accented] Hello, chief. Let's talk, why not?

Homer: Hello? Why am I Mr. Sparkle?

Worker: You like Mister Sparkle?

Homer: Well, I am Mr. Sparkle.

Worker: You have many question, Mr. Sparkle.









From 4/27/1997 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Simpsons"::"In Marge We Trust" ) To 6/8/2024 ( Today , Saturday ) is 9904 days

9904 = 4952 + 4952

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/25/1979 ( premiere USA film "Alien" ) is 4952 days



From 11/10/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) To 6/8/2024 ( ) is 20665 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/1/2022 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, illustrations referenced here ) is 20665 days



From 5/24/2020 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, illustrations referenced here ) To 6/8/2024 ( ) is 1476 days

1476 = 738 + 738

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/10/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) is 738 days



From 9/10/1948 ( Thedia Newman {circa 1965:} Burgess - the surrogate mother of Kerry Burgess - *me* - the human being cloned from another human being {Thomas Reagan} ) To 4/17/2007 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication, Princeton University: Nobel-Winning Professor Tells Story Of His Own Life In Religion, Science ) is 21403 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/8/2024 ( ) is 21403 days










1380845_-1 .jpg, me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, about 3 years age , et al. , circa 1968, Antlers, Oklahoma









Aliens (1986)

Weyland-Yutani Corporation representative: "A creature that gestates inside a living human host."

Ripley: Yes.

Weyland-Yutani Corporation representative: These are your words.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 11:13 AM Aug 22, 2023

IMDb

Alien (1979)

Quotes

Ripley: Ash, that transmission... Mother's deciphered part of it. It doesn't look like an S.O.S.

Ash: What is it, then?

Ripley: Well, I... it looks like a warning.










1949-10-08_1









[by me, Kerry Burgess: "Faith" is merely a marketing-buzzword for the propaganda of those peddlers of the Jesus Christ mythology superstition. Superstition never helps anyone! Don't be a coward terrified cowardly of mortality! You Do Not have an Imaginary Friend "up there" in the clouds! Cope with reality! Cavemen invented your god(s). They were superstitious imbeciles! What's your excuse?]




2024-06-08_1

https://papersofprinceton.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian20070417-01.1.1&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-------









IMDb

Alien (1979)

Quotes

Dallas: Something has attached itself to him. We have to get him to the infirmary right away.

Ripley: What kind of thing? I need a clear definition.

Dallas: An organism. Open the hatch.

Ripley: Wait a minute. If we let it in, the ship could be infected. You know the quarantine procedure. Twenty-four hours for decontamination.

Dallas: He could die in twenty-four hours. Open the hatch.

Ripley: Listen to me, if we break quarantine, we could all die.

Lambert: Look, could you open the god-damned hatch? We have to get him inside.

Ripley: No. I can't do that and if you were in my position, you'd do the same.

Dallas: Ripley, this is an order. Open that hatch right now, do you hear me?

Ripley: Yes.

Dallas: Ripley. This is an order. Do you hear me?

Ripley: Yes. I read you. The answer is negative.









excerpts - context - background - see also:

https://hvom.blogspot.com/2024/06/today-is-06052024-post-1.html

by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 3:05 AM

Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home

I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.

Wednesday, June 05, 2024

Today is 06/05/2024, Post #1



"Metamorphosis" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: Nov 10, 1967

NANCY Hedford, Federation Commissioner: What's happening? I demand to know.



fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-1982_00h-53m-40s



"Metamorphosis" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: Nov 10, 1967

KIRK: You already know as much as we do, Miss Hedford. Whatever that thing is outside, it's yanked us off course from the Enterprise.



[excerpts ends - by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 3:05 AM June 05, 2024]









Battlestar Galactica - tv miniseries - 12/08/2003, 12/09/2003

(from internet transcript)

Starbuck: Where the hell did the Cylons come from?

Adama: All we know for sure is that they achieved complete surprise and we're taking heavy losses. We lost thirty Battlestars in the opening attack.

Starbuck: That's a quarter of the fleet.

Adama: I need pilots, and I need fighters.

Starbuck: Pilots you've got - there's twenty of us climbing the walls down in the ready room, but fighters...

Adama: I think I seem to remember an entire squadron of fighters down on the starboard hangar bay yesterday.

Starbuck: (thinks about that for a second and then salutes) Yes, sir.

(Starboard hangar bay - shot of the museum railings being knocked over)

Starbuck: You're sure they'll fly?

Chief: Well, the reactor's still hot. So all we have to do is pull the rad buffers from the engine, refuel it, load the ordinance and you're ready to go. The biggest problem's gonna be getting them over to the port launch bay.

Starbuck: Why can't we use the starboard launch?

Chief: It's a gift shop now.









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - tv-series Season 2 Episode 9, 11/10/1967

Episode Summary

When their shuttle is diverted to a planetoid, Kirk, Spock, and McCoy encounter Earth's Warp Drive pioneer, Zefram Cochrane, who appears to have survived there alone for 150 years.

(from internet transcript)










DSC02048
DSC02053
DSC02058
DSC02058-1










DSC06393 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, captured for illustration 06/01/2022
DSC06390 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, captured for illustration 06/01/2022
DSC06391 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, captured for illustration 06/01/2022










star-trek_s2e9-1967_00h-12m-02s
star-trek_s2e9-1967_00h-12m-06s
star-trek_s2e9-1967_00h-12m-23s









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - tv series Season 2 Episode 9 - 11/10/1967

(from internet transcript)

MCCOY: Do you feel hot?

NANCY: I feel infuriated, deeply put upon, and absolutely outraged.

MCCOY: It was quite a hike here. You're tired. Just take it easy for a while.

NANCY: I'll rest later, Doctor.

MCCOY: Temperature, Captain. First sign.

KIRK: Yes, I know. It means we're running out of time.

SPOCK: Captain, Doctor.

(From the doorway, the three see a swirly thing which then disappears. Cochrane comes in with a tray of drinks.)

KIRK: What was that?

COCHRANE: Well, sometimes the light plays tricks on you. You'd be surprised what I've imagined I've seen around here sometimes.










star-trek-tos_season2-ep9_00h24m21s










star-trek-tos_season2-ep9_00h13m51s










star-trek_s2e9-1967_00h-16m-37s









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - tv series Season 2 Episode 9 - 11/10/1967

(from internet transcript)

COCHRANE: I told you, I don't know what it is. It exists, it lives, and I can communicate with it.

MCCOY: That's a pretty far out story.

KIRK: Mister Cochrane, do you have a first name?

COCHRANE: Zefram.

KIRK: Zefram Cochrane of Alpha Centuri, the discoverer of the space warp?

COCHRANE: That's right, Captain.

MCCOY: But that's impossible. Zefram Cochrane died a hundred and fifty years ago.

SPOCK: The name of Zefram Cochrane is revered throughout the known galaxy. Planets were named after him. Great universities, cities.

KIRK: Isn't your story a little improbable, Mister Cochrane?

COCHRANE: No, it's true. I was eighty seven years old when I came here.

KIRK: You say this Companion found you and rejuvenated you? What were you doing in space at the age of eighty seven?

COCHRANE: I was tired, Captain. I was going to die, and I wanted to die in space. That's all.

SPOCK: True, his body was never found.

COCHRANE: You're looking at it, Mister Spock.

SPOCK: If so, you wear your age very well.

MCCOY: How do you feel?

NANCY: Terrible. How should I feel?

MCCOY: You're running a little temperature. Perhaps you should lie down.

NANCY: Doctor, will you please just leave me alone. It's the heat.

MCCOY: All right. Try to relax. Jim, it's started, the fever. It's over a hundred, and it's climbing.

KIRK: How long do we have?

MCCOY: A matter of hours, that's all.

KIRK: Mister Cochrane, you say you were brought here a hundred and fifty years ago? You don't look a day over thirty five.

COCHRANE: I haven't aged. The Companion sees to that.

SPOCK: Captain. These instruments, they date from the time indicated. From your ship, Mister Cochrane?

COCHRANE: I cannibalised it. The food, water, gardens, everything else I need the Companion gives me. Apparently, it creates it out of the native elements.

KIRK: You say you can communicate with it. Perhaps you can find out what we're doing here.

COCHRANE: I already know.

KIRK: You wouldn't mind telling us?

COCHRANE: You won't like it.

KIRK: I already don't like it.

COCHRANE: You're here to keep me company.

KIRK: You mean you brought us here?

COCHRANE: No, the Companion did. I told it I'd die of loneliness. I thought it would release me. Instead, it brought you here.

NANCY: No! No! No! That's disgusting! We're not animals! No! Oh, no! It's inhuman! No! No!










obi-wan-kenobi_s1e1-2022_00h-43m-15s
obi-wan-kenobi_s1e1-2022_00h-43m-07s
obi-wan-kenobi_s1e1-2022_00h-42m-41s
obi-wan-kenobi_s1e1-2022_00h-42m-29s









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - tv series Season 2 Episode 9 - 11/10/1967

(from internet transcript)

COMPANION : Your impulses are illogical. This communication is useless. The man must continue. Therefore, you will continue. It is necessary.

(She vanishes, and they all head back indoors.)

[Cochrane's home]

COCHRANE: Captain, why did you build that translator with a feminine voice?

KIRK: We didn't.

COCHRANE: But I heard

KIRK: The idea of male and female are universal constants, Cochrane. There's no doubt about it. The Companion is female.

COCHRANE: I don't understand.

MCCOY: You don't? A blind man could see it with a cane. You're not a pet. You're not a specimen kept in a cage. You're a lover.

COCHRANE: I'm a what?

SPOCK: Her attitude when she approaches you is profoundly different than when she contacts us. Her appearance is soft, gentle. Her voice is melodic, pleasing. I do not totally understand the emotion, but it obviously exists. The Companion loves you.

COCHRANE: Do you know what you're saying? For all these years, I've let something as alien as that crawl around inside me, into my mind, my feelings.

KIRK: What are you complaining about? It kept you alive.

COCHRANE: That thing fed on me. It used me. It's disgusting.

MCCOY: There's nothing disgusting about it. It's just another life form, that's all. You get used to those things.

COCHRANE: You're as bad as it is.

SPOCK: Your highly emotional reaction is most illogical. Your relationship with the Companion has for one hundred and fifty years been emotionally satisfying, eminently practical, and totally harmless. It may indeed have been quite beneficial.

COCHRANE: Is this what the future holds? Men who have no notion of decency or morality? Maybe I'm a hundred and fifty years out of style, but I'm not going to be fodder for any inhuman monster. (leaves)

SPOCK: Fascinating. A totally parochial attitude.

NANCY: Doctor. Doctor.

MCCOY: Right here, Miss Hedford.

NANCY: I heard him. He was loved and he resents it.

MCCOY: You just rest.

NANCY: No. I don't want to die. I've been good at my job, but I've never been loved. Never. What kind of life is that? Not to be loved, never to have shown love? And he runs away from love. (cries)

Ship's log, stardate 3220.3. Lieutenant Commander Scott reporting in lieu of the Captain and the first officer. We are continuing our search for the missing shuttlecraft.



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 7:42 PM Pacific-time USA Saturday 06/08/2024