This Is What I Think.

Friday, June 21, 2024

Today is 06/21/2024, Post #1






2001-05-05_1

https://papersofprinceton.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=WeeklyBulletin20010521-01.2.3&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-------









excerpts:

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/remarks-sioux-city-iowa

The American Presidency Project

GERALD R. FORD

38th President of the United States: 1974 ‐ 1977

Remarks at Sioux City, Iowa

October 31, 1974

Gerald Ford: I think it is very appropriate that we are having this rally at the airport. I have flown in today on a wing and a prayer.









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 03/24/07 3:52 AM

I find myself thinking of some "memories" of when I was assigned to the USS Wainwright. The ship had left port for a short regional deployment and I stayed back because I had a medical appointment on base. Or something like that. Not really sure why I didn't leave with the ship but it was because of some appointment on base. After that appointment, there was a period before the ship was due back when I was assigned to work in an office there on base.

There were two other petty officers in the office; they might have been CPO's, but maybe Petty Officer First Class's. They didn't really have any work for me to do in there so they had me crumpling up pages of documents that were going into a burn bag because they were classified. They told me to take my time and pace myself because they didn't have any other work for me but I "remember" that I went through all the documents too soon and then didn't have anything to do. But then I was watching one of them typing up some regular report on a computer and he didn't know how to touch type so I volunteered to type it for him. I think the word processor was Gemstar. He told me I had saved him a lot of time. I had to leave and report back to the Wainwright the next day









IMDb (dot) com

RoboCop (1987)

Quotes

Johnson: [about RoboCop project] When do we start?

Bob Morton: As soon as some poor schmuck volunteers.









"Homer the Smithers" [ The Simpsons ]

Original Airdate in N.A.: 25-Feb-96

Later that day...

Burns: [from his office] Simpson? Simpson? [walks into Smithers' office] Did you get that report on the accounting department?

Homer: Yes sir, I did. [reads] "The accounting department is located on the 3rd floor. Its hours are 9am to 5pm. The head of this department is a Mr. Johnson or Johnstone."

Yet a little later...

Homer: Here are your messages:

"You have 30 minutes to move your car",

"You have 10 minutes",

"Your car has been impounded",

"Your car has been crushed into a cube",

"You have 30 minutes to move your cube".

[phone ringing]

Homer: [answers] Yello, Mr. Burns' office.

Burns: Is it about my cube?



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 10:23 AM Pacific-time USA Friday 06/21/2024