Thursday, July 12, 2018

Home Is the Sailor




The Simpsons

Channel 618 FXXHD

Television series Seasoon 1 Episode 11 - The Crepes of Wrath

8:30 - 9:00p [ 8:30 PM Thursday 12 July 2018 Pacific Time USA ]

(4/15/90) An exchange program sends Bart to France and an Albanian to Springfield.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=8681

The American Presidency Project

John F. Kennedy

XXXV President of the United States: 1961 - 1963

213 - Telephone Conversation With Astronaut Scott Carpenter following His Orbital flight.

May 24, 1962

THE PRESIDENT. Hello--hello. Hello, Scott. Come in--are we talking to Scott Carpenter?

Commander Carpenter: Mr. President, I'm--I hear you, sir.

THE PRESIDENT. Oh, well I wanted to tell you we're relieved, and very proud of your trip. I'm glad that you got picked up in good shape. And we want to tell you that we are all for you, and send you the very best luck, to you and your wife.

Commander Carpenter: My apologies for not having aimed a little bit better on reentry, as I said to people on the ship.










https://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/7G13.html

The Crepes of Wrath ( The Simpsons television series episode )


Bart arrives home from school, littering the hallway with his skateboard and knapsack. Bart enters his messy room and feeds his pet frog.

Out in the hallway, Homer complains about the mess, picking up a Krusty doll to illustrate his point. Bart's skateboard introduces Homer to the quick way to get downstairs. (``D'oh! D'ah! Son-of-a! D'aargh!'') His back injured, Homer is unable to move, his only company Bart's Krusty doll, which says, ``I like to play with '' over and over and over and over again. SLH wanders in. ``Go get help, boy.'' The dog licks Homer's face and takes a nap.

Maggie crawls over Homer's face, then quiets him with her pacifier. Maggie naps next to her father. Pull upward to show Homer lying on the floor, surrounded by Maggie, the pets, and a Krusty doll whose batteries are near death.

Marge and Lisa arrive home, and Homer says, ``The boy. Bring me the boy.''





Marge storms into Bart's messy room and yells, ``If you had cleaned your room when I asked you to, your father's trick back would still be aligned!'' While tossing his junk into the closet, Bart discovers... a cherry bomb. ``I thought I blew all you guys up!''










From 1/4/1953 ( premiere US TV series episode "Hallmark Hall of Fame"::"Home Is the Sailor" ) To 6/17/1977 ( Dale Parker dead ) is 8930 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/15/1990 is 8930 days



From 3/25/1941 ( the Kingdom of Yugoslavia joins the Axis alliance ) To 4/15/1990 is 17918 days

17918 = 8959 + 8959

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/14/1990 ( departing as United States Navy Fire Controlman Second Class Petty Officer Kerry Wayne Burgess my honorable discharge from United States Navy active service for commissioning as chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps and continuing to Kerry Burgess the United States Marine Corps general ) is 8959 days



From 11/13/1942 ( Franklin Roosevelt - Statement on Signing the Bill Reducing the Draft Age ) To 4/15/1990 is 17320 days

17320 = 8660 + 8660

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/19/1989 ( the United Airlines Flight 232 crash in Sioux City Iowa ) is 8660 days



From 5/24/1962 ( John Kennedy - Telephone Conversation With Astronaut Scott Carpenter following His Orbital flight ) To 11/4/1986 ( from my official United States Navy documents as Kerry Burgess - Date Completed - United States Navy Fire Control Technician Class "A", (A-113-0019), Service School Command, Naval Training Center, Great Lakes, Illinois ) is 8930 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/15/1990 is 8930 days



From 1/17/1990 ( United States NASA - 1990 Astronaut Candidates Selected ) To 4/15/1990 is 88 days

88 = 44 + 44

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/16/1965 ( the United States Gemini 6 and Gemini 7 docking in orbit end of mission) is 44 days



http://www.tv.com/shows/the-simpsons/the-crepes-of-wrath-1296/

tv.com


The Simpsons Season 1 Episode 11

The Crepes of Wrath

Aired Apr 15, 1990 on FOX

Episode Summary

It’s bon voyage Bart, when he is sent to France as part of a student exchange program. Meanwhile, another exchange student takes Bart's place at home.

AIRED: 4/15/90










From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 1:55 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Journal May 22, 2006

I made a list today of the step-fathers I remember my mother being married to, it seems important. My father was a truck driver. She remarried to a guy named James who was a U.S. Marine. I think he went back into the service after they married and then we moved around to the bases he was stationed at. I think first we went to Santa Ana. I think that is where the El Toro base is at. Then we were at a base in McAlester, OK, where I think he was a guard. She then married Dale Parker, the guy who was electrocuted. He was some kind of hospital worker when they got married and then went on to work in construction, building houses. We were living with his parents for a while. I remember mowing their lawn one day and getting the notion to carve out some kind of message in the grass that people above in aircraft could read. Then she married the Vietnam veteran. He was a pretty nice guy when he was sober, but when he got drunk he was beserk. From what she told me, he had stepped on a landmine in Vietnam. The doctors told him he would never walk again but he made out ok. I remember finding his Purple Heart medals. I think he had three. This was also the time I liked to play around with live ammunition, pulling apart cartridges and shells for the gunpowder so I could blow up the model ships and aircraft I had put together.










http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/11/ashdown.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2015

Ashdown

This is the first time in recent days I have looked at these photos since probably at least 20 years ago.

I was looking on classmates.com at the 1983 yearbook in recent weeks but only a couple days ago did I think to check for the other years.

Lisa Waller.

I think she is who I fondly remember best from my 10th grade year, other than my usual small circle of friends. She was a senior that year.

I have been trying to remember more about her.

She broke up with me. I remember that.

I guess that's why she broke up with me: because there's nothing else to remember.

Taken me a long time to figure out I was scared of pretty girls I liked.

I mean, Jesus. By that time I was 16 years old. I was in my second year at Ashdown Arkansas since we had moved there from DeQueen.

We had moved to Ashdown because Thedia had gotten married again.

I sit here now and counted off that was her 5th marriage. There was Joseph Burgess first. Then James, Dale, Randy, and by then Denzil. So that was only five. I always tend to think there was seven by then, but no, I think that's right.

So I had learned very well by that time that people I cared about couldn't be trusted.

She was widowed once. Dale Parker was electrocuted one day, 1976 I think, while I sat inside the house where we lived with his parents as I sat there alone in house watching cartoons on television. I came outside to find the rest of the family in the driveway and his step-father trying to revive him, after they all had returned home to find him unconscious on the ground. He had been trying to install a trailer hitch on Thedia's VW "bug" car and the power drill electrocuted him as he was lying there under the car on the wet ground. Dale Parker was the only step-father I can recall ever raising a hand to me. Gave me a spanking one day because I was being childish.












http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=parker&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=4&GScnty=159&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=66226964&df=all&

Find A Grave


Everette Dale Parker

Birth: Nov. 11, 1952

Death: Jun. 17, 1977

Family links:

Parents:

Aldridge Allen Parker (1921 - 1981)

Dorothy Alice Parker (1924 - 1998)

Burial:

Redmen Cemetery

De Queen

Sevier County

Arkansas, USA










https://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/7G13.html

The Crepes of Wrath ( The Simpsons television series episode )


The doorbell rings, and Homer rings the handbell. ``Maaaaarge! Maaarge! MARGE! GET THE DOOR!'' Marge peers through the peephole and gets a distorted view of Principal Skinner. Bart escapes to his room as Marge brings Principal Skinner into the living room. Homer remains on the couch.

Homer: Oh, hello, Principal Skinner. I'd get up, but the boy crippled me.

Principal Skinner: Mm hm. I understand completely.


Pr. Skinner: Mr. and Mrs. Simpson, we have transcended incorrigible. I don't think suspension or expulsion will do the trick. I think it behooves us all to consider... deportation.





Marge: Deportation!? You mean, kick Bart out of the country?

Homer: Eh, hear him out, Marge.










Posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 3:10 AM Friday, April 22, 2011


So where was that? France? Toulon France? Maybe. That was my last stop before flying back to the United States, similar to the 1991 film where they are going to Mexico, I was riding from Monaco France to Toulon France in the back of the mail truck and I was seriously hung over from drinking too much and I was crashed on a pile of boxes in the back of the mail truck that would take me to the US military flight back to Charleston SC. A serious windstorm had blown through Monaco just about that time. The plane flew for what seemed to be only a few minutes before we had several hours of wait time at another airport to repair something that had gone wrong with the airplane.










http://www.tv.com/shows/hallmark-hall-of-fame/home-is-the-sailor-323285/

tv.com


Hallmark Hall Of Fame Season 2 Episode 13

Home is the Sailor

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jan 04, 1953 on CBS

AIRED: 1/4/53



- posted by Kerry Burgess 11:09 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 12 July 2018