This Is What I Think.

Sunday, May 19, 2024

Today is 05/19/2024, Post #1





by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/18/2024 9:10 PM

On tonight's season finale episode of Saturday Night Live, just learned of a new movie due out next month

Sorely needed for the "A Quiet Place" storyline is that upcoming third movie: A Quiet Place: Day One

That is how my life has been the past 20 years, at least. I hate making noise.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY is how this observation COINCIDES with new thoughts in my conscious mind from a few hours earlier today

I woke up at one point wondering if someone was knocking on my front door. But it didn't sound right. Later, I started thinking I was earlier hearing someone pounding on another door nearby and yelling

What's important in all this is new thoughts in my mind

Isn't the first time I woke from hearing a loud sound. Usually like a doorbell. That would make sense when I once lived in an apartment with a doorbell. Now I do not.

Now today I started thinking that people are doing that on purpose. THEY know when I am asleep and I am always in here alone. THEY are doing it on purpose. As with all those lameoids of the Jesus Christ mythology superstition - or any form of religion that gives them an Imaginary Friend - there are people out there trying to influence my sleeping-dreams. Everyone knows that people usually remember sleeping-dreams just as they wake. So THEY are sitting around chanting stuff - their "prayers" - and then causing a disturbance to cause me to wake and then they are hoping I will make a blog-post that represents their "prayer"

Don't believe me? Well, maybe you should not. BUT *you* don't know a goddamn thing about that or anything









by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/18/2024 9:45 PM

SNL pre-empted by local live-tv news coverage of developing news locally at this time tonight. They're saying the same thing over and over in about a million words that could have been expressed in only about five words

Scanning back through my notes I see that I had already examined that calendar-day 06/28/2024. Not entirely sure where I came up with that detail. Best I can figure is that I chose 03/21/2006 as the variable and then discovered 06/28/2024 as the result. That was on 08/18/2022 when I made that evaluation and that day doesn't seem to have been a factor in the calculation of variables.

Looking closer at it, I can't find where I made a post that actually references 06/28/2024. In my archive, however, it immediately precedes the text I posted on 08:07 AM August 18, 2022. For some reason, it seems, that observation by me caused me to use 03/21/2006 as the variable. And that seems relevant today to my new observation about "A Quiet Place". So I am pursuing that line of thought

Thinking of brewing up another pot for today of that mediocre, store-brand, black coffee









by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/18/2024 10:48 PM

Still cannot figure what it was on 08/18/2022 that made me think specifically of 03/21/2006, although it was obviously about Twitter.

I worked more on that Event Date variable of my original work code pattern for that day 03/21/2006.

There's still a lot of draft details in my archives of my work.

So I cannot figure the 'why' of Twitter and 06/28/2024, but, what a day, I am just now figuring out.

Best I can tell, I never published any details referencing 06/28/2024. A couple years ago from now, I did discover it for reasons I do not now recall and saved it in one of my files. Today, I learned that "A Quiet Place: Day One" is now scheduled to premiere that same day.









by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/18/2024 10:57 PM

Another important point coinciding with these observations is a compulsion that passed and that feeling subsided finally earlier today

I still have those last three episodes of "Fallout" to watch for the first time. For several weeks, the compulsion has been to finally order and purchase the "Lucy" I intended to purchase all those years ago. That was my first order of a TPE model. Back then, they were easy to acquire on Amazon. However, they were not the same as the products pictured. "Lucy" was the first. She was close but not quite the same model as pictured and I could only guess was some sort of replica of a product from a reputable manufacturer. The heads are interchangeable so that's easy for duplicators to acquire and then attach to replica bodies. So lately the notion has been strong in my mind to actually order the model I wanted originally. And I could. But I don't have the money. Stupidly, I would have to charge it on my credit-card and pay high-interest for a while. So I've been resisting it. No matter how much I like the images of that original model. First I thought I would name her "Lucy Too". Then I thought of "Nova". I would like to have a "Nova". But no. The thought occurred clearly in my mind today: Why? Why do I even need it. Doesn't seem much point. She's pretty and makes such a pleasant presence here in my isolation, but no. Too much pointless effort of having it around. I'm not a young man anymore and this desk is slowly robbing the life from me, inevitably









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 02:49 AM June 12, 2023

Sometimes I think she and some other woman can always watch me in the shower

Another explanation is what I will call "frame dragging"

That's a scientific term I am quacking about here now and my use has no bearing on science

Reality follows me to the future, they consume it









by me, Kerry Burgess, from my archive file dated 08/18/2022

From 7/26/1947 ( Central Intelligence Agency of the United States of America is established ) To 3/21/2006 ( ) is 21423 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/28/2024 ( ) is 21423 days



by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 08:07 AM August 18, 2022

1/

by me, Kerry Burgess

In the past half-hour this morning, as I was in the shower, I glimpsed in the bathroom mirror a partial image of my tv-screen in the living room

2/

CDC

OVERH

What the hell does that mean, I wondered. Minutes later, I could still see that same image and it began to annoy me, finishing my shower, because I couldn't imagine what "OVERH" could mean, other than "overheard" and that made no sense

3/

Couple minutes more, still don't get it.

Drying off, starting to wonder if Today It Finally All Makes Sense

4/

See, this is how I imagine an Apocalypse would seem, to those lucky or unlucky enough to survive it.

5/

The debut is next month of the Epix channel video-serial "War of the Worlds" season 3

Perhaps they introduce characters survived the initial attack from season 1 BECAUSE they were standing under the shower at the time of the attack

6/

I'm writing this line at 07:54 AM and all I know right now is the internet is still available to me.

Haven't checked yet for normal activity of other people.

FM radio is still broadcasting and just this moment BOB-FM said "That sounds promising", from recording probably

7/

My tv reception is from a small antenna. The image has locked up on my tv-screen BEFORE today but never the way I've seen it today. And those previous instances, it resumed normal operation as I moved closer to the antenna. That's not happening today. I powered it off

8/

The Stand - complete edition, by Stephen King

(from internet transcript)

Chapter 25

At dusk he walked down Main Street to Paulie's Radio & TV and committed another of his apologetic break-ins. He left a note by the cash register and lugged a Sony portable back to the jail.

9/

The Stand - complete edition, by Stephen King

He turned it on and flipped through the channels. The CBS affiliate was broadcasting a sign which read MICROWAVE RELAY DIFFICULTY PLEASE STAY TUNED. The ABC station was showing "I Love Lucy," and the NBC feed was a rerun episode

10/

The Stand - complete edition, by Stephen King

Chapter 25

in a current series about a perky young girl trying to be a mechanic on the stock-car circuit.

11/

The Stand - complete edition, by Stephen King

Chapter 25

The Texarkana station, an independent specializing mostly in old movies, game shows, and religious zanies of the Jack Van Impe stripe, was off the air.

12/

DSC06690 , DSC06691 , DSC06692 , .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 08/18/2022










DSC06690 jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 08/18/2022
DSC06691 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 08/18/2022
DSC06692 , .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 08/18/2022









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 10:21 AM August 18, 2022

The advantage of something similar to this - ever optimistically - is that the people surviving the Apocalypse wave of horror won't waste as much time trying to understand *why* it happened

For those of us not superstitious, we can relax in the graveyard of 8 billion and countless billions and billions and billions of non-human animals and know the answer is beyond our comprehension and not even the best scientists will ever figure it out









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scream

On 12 February 1994, two men broke into the National Gallery, Oslo, and stole its version of The Scream, leaving a note reading "Thanks for the poor security".









From 5/8/1994 ( premiere USA TV miniseries "Stephen King's The Stand"::miniseries premiere episode "The Plague" ) To 8/18/2022 ( ) is 10329 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/12/1994 ( ) is 10329 days









The Stand - complete edition, by Stephen King

(from internet transcript)

excerpts, Chapter 4

It was an hour past nightfall.

Starkey sat alone at a long table, sifting through sheets of yellow flimsy. Their contents dismayed him. He had been serving his country for thirty-six years, beginning as a scared West Point plebe. He had won medals. He had spoken with Presidents, had offered them advice, and on occasion his advice had been taken. He had been through dark moments before, plenty of them, but this

He was scared, so deeply scared he hardly dared admit it to himself. It was the kind of fear that could drive you mad.

On impulse he got up and went to the wall where the five blank TV monitors looked into the room. As he got up, his knee bumped the table, causing one of the sheets of flimsy to fall off the edge. It seesawed lazily down through the mechanically purified air and landed on the tile, half in the table's shadow and half out. Someone standing over it and looking down would have seen this:

OT CONFIRMED
SEEMS REASONABLY
STRAIN CODED 848-AB
CAMPION, (W.) SALLY
ANTIGEN SHIFT AND MUTATION.
HIGH RISK/EXCESS MORTALITY
AND COMMUNICABILITY ESTIMATED
REPEAT 99.4%. ATLANTA PLAGUE CENTER
UNDERSTANDS. TOP SECRET BLUE FOLDER.
ENDS
P-T-222312A

Starkey pushed a button under the middle screen and the picture flashed on with the unnerving suddenness of solid state components. It showed the western California desert, looking east. It was desolate, and the desolation was rendered eerie by the reddish-purple tinge of infrared photography.

It's out there, straight ahead, Starkey thought. Project Blue.

The fright tried to wash over him again. He reached into his pocket and brought out a blue pill. What his daughter would call a "downer." Names didn't matter; results did. He dry-swallowed it, his hard, unseamed face wrinkling for a moment as it went down.

Project Blue.

He looked at the other blank monitors, and then punched up pictures on all of them. 4 and 5 showed labs. 4 was physics, 5 was viral biology. The vi-bi lab was full of animal cages, mostly for guinea pigs, rhesus monkeys, and a few dogs. None of them appeared to be sleeping. In the physics lab a small centrifuge was still turning around and around. Starkey had complained about that. He had complained bitterly. There was something spooky about that centrifuge whirling gaily around and around and around while Dr. Ezwick lay dead on the floor nearby, sprawled out like a scarecrow that had tipped over in a high wind.










2021-03-16_0-e
2021-03-16_4
2021-03-16_3
2021-03-16_1










wargames_00h24m00s
wargames-1983_00h-33m-14s
wargames-1983_00h-33m-17s
wargames-1983_00h-33m-21s










2024-06-28_1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Quiet_Place:_Day_One









http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/858637-twitters-5th-birthday-five-years-since-jack-dorsey-sent-the-first-tweet

METRO

By Tom Phillips - 21st March, 2011

Twitter's 5th birthday: five years since Jack Dorsey sent the first tweet

Twitter is celebrating its fifth birthday - it's five years to the day since co-founder Jack Dorsey sent the first ever tweet on the fledgling social networking service, telling fellow founders Evan Williams and Biz Stone that he was 'just setting up my twttr'.

Dorsey's first tweet, sent at 8:50pm on March 21 2006, was quickly followed by tweets from co-founders Stone and Williams - who both posted exactly the same message.









From 2/14/1969 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Requiem for Methuselah" ) To 6/28/2024 ( ) is 20223 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/16/2021 ( ordered by me: "Hope" - cluelessly named by me {precisely 1200 days after "Evelyn" - named by vendor} ) is 20223 days



From 12/2/2017 ( ordered by me: "Evelyn" - named by vendor {by me, precisely 1200 days before "Hope" - named by me} ) To 6/28/2024 ( ) is 2400 days

2400 = 1200 + 1200

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/14/1969 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Requiem for Methuselah" ) is 1200 days



From 10/11/2010 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, referenced here by me ) To 6/28/2024 ( ) is 5009 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/21/1979 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan and my sister-in-law Phoebe Cates are lawfully married in the state of Vermont ) is 5009 days



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13433802/releaseinfo/

IMDb

A Quiet Place: Day One (2024)

Release info

United States June 28, 2024










2022-08-18_10










2017-06-04_0-a









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 02/25/10 3:33 PM

but other times I think he was organic and then that leads me to thinking about how I wonder what is the real difference which then leads me to think about how that devalues life itself, or at least, those of us who have been duplicated. So the clone of me the clone shows up and he gives me instructions that he types out on a non-internet and non-wireless equipped computer and from those instructions I know where to find the teleportation device that will transport me into the virtual world that belongs to me, which I have been thinking for a while, contains no mirrors and there is nothing in there where I can see my reflection. So I go to that transportation device and I read through the instructions for activating it and a new aspect of the process, which I now think of from "The Terminator" is that I have to take off all my clothes before I am transported and then I am transported to my virtual world. The reason for the clothes is simply that, for me, there are factors constructed into the virtual world that creates a minor sense of hardship and indeed when I transport I am in the same location where the device is stored but there are no clothes there, or any people for that matter, and I have to walk outside in the freezing rain to find shelter. I am transported to the same location I remember but many of the buildings and structures that I would see at that location are gone in the virtual world. The road is still there but there are power lines or gas stations or many other structures that are useless in that virtual world. There are automobiles but only in new car lots and they don't require gasoline.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5338044/

IMDb

The Leftovers

The Book of Nora

Episode aired Jun 4, 2017

S3 E8

HBO's synopsis for this episode is: "Nothing is answered. Everything is answered. And then it ends."









by me, Kerry Burgess: 21 June 2015

She went before I did but I was already there.

I thought about that extensively. I think I wrote here before about how I tried to find again what I thought I wrote in my journal about it but could not find anything.

I had been there for months or longer. One day, I was passing through New York and I had the urge to drive through New York City. I was thinking that my mind was laboring with the notion I would be leaving there on that day going back to the real world and so I had taken out of my luggage my dress white US Navy uniform I was wearing that day months and months ago I found myself there in my new world. I had parked somewhere in the massive urban city and was walking along when I saw her there on the sidewalk, thinking she was a mannequin. I thought extensively of how only certain new vessels remained and I operated one US Navy ship to cross the Atlantic. We parted at a doorway after stating I would return to Charleston and I walked through a doorway before I even thought to say goodbye turning to find myself alone again.









The Leftovers (2014) s03e08

"The Book of Nora"

Nora Durst: And that's when I understood. Over here, we lost some of them. But over there, they lost all of us. So, I went and did what I came there to do. I went to find my kids. Planes don't really fly over there. They have enough resources, just not enough pilots. So, I found a boat that would take me. No boats go directly from Australia to New York, so it took me a long time to get there.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me - H.V.O.M at 7:55 AM Monday, October 11, 2010

I was thinking extensively about that again last night.

The existence is okay for a while but then it becomes tormenting enough to look for a way back to the real world. There is always something important missing that eventually becomes unbearable.









"The Book of Nora" - The Leftovers

Nora Durst: The physicists who sent me through told me the first person to use the machine was the guy who invented it. His name was Dr. Van Eeghen.



"The Book of Nora" - The Leftovers

Nora Durst: I'm pretty sure they were making fun of me, but they said when I went over that I should look him up, so I did. That took a long time, too. But I found him and I asked him to make another









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: July 15, 2017 11:11 pm

The Leftovers - The Book of Nora - television series episode Season 3 Episode 8 - Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jun 04, 2017 on HBO (Comcast On Demand 15 July 2017)

Answers are elusive in the series finale.



Nora Durst: I knew there was a chance it would kill me, but I made my peace with that. And I said goodbye to my brother and I climbed right in.

Kevin Garvey: And then you changed your mind.

Nora Durst: No. I didn't change my mind. I went through. I was in the parking lot, naked curled up like a baby. It was the same parking lot I'd just been in, except there were no trucks no people, no nothing. It was cold, so I started to walk. I walked by empty houses abandoned buildings. And I found a store, so I went in and there were clothes there-- clothes hanging on racks-- so I got dressed and I got back to walking. I walked long enough to convince myself that I was the only thing alive in that place. And then night came, and I saw lights, so I went to them. It was a house, and there was a man and a women there. They were kind and they told me the man told me that seven years earlier, he was in a supermarket and every single person disappeared except for him. And the women told me that she lost her husband, her three daughters, and all eight of her grandchildren. And that's when I understood. Over here, we lost some of them. But over there, they lost all of us.



Nora Durst: They were happy. And I understood that here in this place, they were the lucky ones. In a world full of orphans, they still had each other. And I was a ghost. I was a ghost who had no place there. And that, Kevin, is when I changed my mind. The physicists who sent me through told me the first person to use the machine was the guy who invented it. His name was Dr. Van Eeghen. I'm pretty sure they were making fun of me, but they said when I went over that I should look him up, so I did. That took a long time, too. But I found him and I asked him to make another machine because he already knew how. And he asked me if I had come all that way, why in God's name did I wanna go back? And I told him it's because I didn't belong there. So, he built it. And I came back through. I came back here. Did I think about you? Did I wanna call you? Did I wanna be with you, Kevin? Of course I did. But so much time had passed. It was too late. And I knew that if I told you what happened that you would never believe me.

Kevin Garvey: I believe you.










DSC03397_-1










2010-10-11_5









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: August 10, 2017 3:24 pm

Cast Away (2000)

Quotes

Chuck Noland: [to Wilson] We might just make it. Did that thought ever cross your brain? Well, regardless, I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean than to stay here and die on this island, spending the rest of my life talking...

[suddenly yelling]

Chuck Noland: ...TO A GODDAMN VOLLEYBALL!










DSCN2164 , August 10, 2017 1:15 PM










DSCN2171










DSC02803










DSC02964









by me, Kerry Burgess, June 07, 2017 10:28 pm

Lucy (2014)

1409 FXPHD: Wednesday, June 7 8:00 PM [ 8:00 PM Wednesday 07 June 2017 Pacific Time USA ]

2014, R, ***, 01:28, Color, English, France,

Cast: Scarlett Johansson










fallout_s1e1-2024_00h-10m-14s
fallout_s1e1-2024_00h-10m-20s
fallout_s1e1-2024_00h-47m-38s
fallout_s1e1-2024_00h-47m-44s
fallout_s1e2-2024_00h-06m-45s
fallout_s1e2-2024_00h-00m-00s
fallout_s1e4-2024_00h-20m-40s
fallout_s1e4-2024_00h-21m-52s
fallout_s1e4-2024_00h-22m-06s



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 12:43 AM Pacific-time USA Sunday 05/19/2024