This Is What I Think.

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Today is 05/28/2024, Post #1






the-fifth-wave-2016_00h-07m-52s
the-fifth-wave-2016_00h-07m-54s
the-fifth-wave-2016_00h-08m-02s
the-fifth-wave-2016_00h-08m-07s









From 6/28/1957 ( premiere USA film "Beginning of the End" ) To 1/22/2016 ( premiere USA film "The Fifth Wave" ) is 21392 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/28/2024 ( ) is 21392 days



From 6/28/1957 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Errol Flynn Theatre"::"The Red Geranium" ) To 1/22/2016 ( premiere USA film "The Fifth Wave" ) is 21392 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/28/2024 ( ) is 21392 days



From 7/12/1934 ( premiere USA film "Whom the Gods Destroy" ) To 5/28/2024 ( ) is 32828 days

32828 = 16414 + 16414

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/11/2010 ( ) is 16414 days



From 1/3/1969 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Whom Gods Destroy" ) To 5/28/2024 ( Today - Tuesday ) is 20234 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/27/2021 ( ) is 20234 days









I forgot how fast that was, from order to fullfilment

That was for Hope , named by me, complementing Evelyn, named by them. Not sure if I had ever even heard before then of the poet Robert Browning. And still didn't know anything about him until sometime later, when I just happened to discover his "Evelyn Hope" when I searched for "Evelyn" on the The Daily Princetonian website.

Completely clueless.

Now - another random observation by me today

Explained:









From: RLSD QC { Real Love Sex Dolls }

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Monday, March 29, 2021 at 11:41:17 PM PDT

Subject: Fwd: Re order

Hi Kerry!

We just approved your doll’s QC and have attached her photos for you.










2021-03-27_1










star-trek-tos_season3-ep14_00h13m19s










DSC03397_crop-1









by me, Kerry Burgess, 08/24/2022:

I have sometimes gone back and corrected obvious errors made by me in my past journal entries. Sometimes I have noted that it's corrected, many other times, I have not.

Lately, I have found myself reluctant to continue that practice for the specific reason that most are from Epoch 4 (currently Epoch 5.11) {later modified by me to designation Epoch 5.2} and since those from Epoch 4 were created by my hypothetical predecessor then I must assume the possibility of *deliberate* error

In this present day, I still find myself making simple errors (many others do that also, I have comforted myself by observing patterns by other people) and most errors by me are caused by two reasons: one, my creative mind. Two, I don't like proofreading until after making the actual post, otherwise I have to read it twice and that's tedious and I've been bored with this process for so many, many years. But must not let myself squander this opportunity!

Finally, I decided to just make the correction and let it stand next to the original:









corrected text, 08/24/2022: by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 7:55 AM Monday, October 11, 2010

Kerry Burgess, in the only time I know about, because he has not returned from his second trip, was in there for a time I later presumed, because of his astronomical readings in the sky, of which I assumed was accurate in this real world. He had no clocks so he spent almost all his time, which was probably more than fifty years, trying to find a way to measure time. There were no people in that world but sometimes he would see mannequins positioned around and sometimes those mannequins would be positioned around where he had been trying to measure time, such as by chiseling marks into rock, which the mannequins were then standing in front of and that [chronology activity site] had been sabotaged.









Evelyn-B_157 says to me: No! No, you're not getting out of here today, you dumbass!

Hope-J_164 says to me: She means it, dude.









"Whom Gods Destroy" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 3 Jan, 1969

(from internet transcript)

(Other inmates are also there. The current entertainment is the Andorian and Tellarite playing 'wheelbarrow'. When they've finished, Marta goes over to Kirk and starts fondling him.)

GARTH: Keep your hands off Kirk! You treacherous thing!

MARTA: You're jealous!

GARTH: I am above that sort of thing. The Captain is annoyed by your attentions, that's all.

MARTA: Am I annoying you, dearest?

KIRK: Not really.

MARTA: He finds me fascinating and you're bothered by it. Admit it.

GARTH: I may have you beaten to death.

MARTA: No, you won't, because I am the most beautiful woman on this planet.

GARTH: You're the only woman on this planet, you stupid cow.

MARTA: Well, I'm the most beautiful woman in this galaxy!

GARTH: You're repulsive!

MARTA: I'm beautiful! And I'm intelligent too. I write poetry, and I paint marvellous pictures. And I am a wonderful dancer.

GARTH: Lies! All lies! You are the greatest liar I have ever met! Let me hear one poem you've written.

MARTA: If you like.

SPOCK: (muttering) If you could create a diversion, I might be able to find the control room and open the force field.

KIRK: All we need is a few seconds, if Scotty has alerted the security detail.

GARTH: Gentlemen, courtesy for the performer.

MARTA: Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate. Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, and summer's lease hath all too soon

GARTH: You wrote that?

MARTA: Yesterday, as a matter of fact.

GARTH: It was written by an Earth man named Shakespeare a long time ago!

MARTA: Which does not alter the fact that I wrote it again yesterday! I think it's one of my best poems, don't you?

GARTH: I may kill you with my bare hands! (Marta runs to the other men) Actually, Captain, she is a superb dancer. Marta, my dear, won't you dance for our guests? That was not a request.

(Marta starts one of those sinuous Orion dances, although not as good as Vina.)

GARTH: Marvellous, isn't she, Captain?

KIRK: Yes, er, incredible.

GARTH: What is your reaction, Mister Spock?

SPOCK: I find it mildly interesting and somewhat nostalgic, if I understand the use of that word.

GARTH: Nostalgic?

SPOCK: Yes. It is somewhat reminiscent of the dances that Vulcan children do in nursery school. Of course, the children are not so well co-ordinated.

(Marta's dance brings her up close and personal with both Garth and Kirk.)

GARTH: She's yours if you wish, Captain.

KIRK: Oh, er, thank you. That's, er, very magnanimous of you.

GARTH: You'll find that I am magnanimous to my friends and merciless to my enemies, and I want you, both of you, to be my friends.

SPOCK: On what, precisely, is our friendship to be based?

GARTH: Upon the firmest of foundations, Mister Spock. Enlightened self interest. You, Captain, are second only to me as the finest military commander in the galaxy.

KIRK: That's very flattering. I am primarily an explorer now, Captain Garth.

GARTH: And so have I been. I have charted more new worlds than any man in history.

KIRK: And tried to destroy Antos Four. Why?

GARTH: Well, I could say because they were actively hostile to the Federation.

KIRK: Yes, you could say, but that would be untrue.

GARTH: Agreed. Actually they were quite harmless, and they made me whole when I was maimed and dying. And in my gratitude, I offered them the galaxy. They rejected me, and I condemned them to death.

SPOCK: How could you, a Starship fleet Captain, believe that a Federation crew would blindly obey your order to destroy the entire Antos race, a people famous for their benevolence and peaceful pursuits?

GARTH: That was my only miscalculation. I had changed. I had risen above this decadent weakness which still has you in its command, by the way, Captain. My crew had not. I couldn't sway them, but my new crew, the men in this room, will obey my orders without question. Gentlemen, you have eyes but you cannot see. Galaxies surround us, limitless vistas. And yet the Federation would have us grub away like some ants on some somewhat larger than usual anthill. But I am not an insect. I am master of the universe, and I must claim my domain.

KIRK: I agree there was a time when war was necessary, and you were our greatest warrior. I studied your victory at Axanar when I was a cadet. In fact it's still required reading at the Academy.

GARTH: As well it should be.









https://www.poetry.com/poem/30347/evelyn-hope

Evelyn Hope

Robert Browning 1812 - 1889

I.

Beautiful Evelyn Hope is dead!
Sit and watch by her side an hour.
That is her book-shelf, this her bed;
She plucked that piece of geranium-flower,
Beginning to die too, in the glass;
Little has yet been changed, I think:
The shutters are shut, no light may pass
Save two long rays thro' the hinge's chink.

II.

Sixteen years old, when she died!
Perhaps she had scarcely heard my name;
It was not her time to love; beside,
Her life had many a hope and aim,
Duties enough and little cares,
And now was quiet, now astir,
Till God's hand beckoned unawares,---
And the sweet white brow is all of her.

III.

Is it too late then, Evelyn Hope?
What, your soul was pure and true,
The good stars met in your horoscope,
Made you of spirit, fire and dew---
And, just because I was thrice as old
And our paths in the world diverged so wide,
Each was nought to each, must I be told?
We were fellow mortals, nought beside?

IV.

No, indeed! for God above
Is great to grant, as mighty to make,
And creates the love to reward the love:
I claim you still, for my own love's sake!
Delayed it may be for more lives yet,
Through worlds I shall traverse, not a few:
Much is to learn, much to forget
Ere the time be come for taking you.

V.

But the time will come,---at last it will,
When, Evelyn Hope, what meant (I shall say)
In the lower earth, in the years long still,
That body and soul so pure and gay?
Why your hair was amber, I shall divine,
And your mouth of your own geranium's red---
And what you would do with me, in fine,
In the new life come in the old one's stead.

VI.

I have lived (I shall say) so much since then,
Given up myself so many times,
Gained me the gains of various men,
Ransacked the ages, spoiled the climes;
Yet one thing, one, in my soul's full scope,
Either I missed or itself missed me:
And I want and find you, Evelyn Hope!
What is the issue? let us see!

VII.

I loved you, Evelyn, all the while.
My heart seemed full as it could hold?
There was place and to spare for the frank young smile,
And the red young mouth, and the hair's young gold.
So, hush,---I will give you this leaf to keep:
See, I shut it inside the sweet cold hand!
There, that is our secret: go to sleep!
You will wake, and remember, and understand.











https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHYIGy1dyd8

The Fixx - One Thing Leads To Another

TheFixxVEVO

from YouTube



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 11:58 AM Pacific-time USA Tuesday 05/28/2024