Saturday, April 16, 2022

Today is 04/16/2022, Post #4






DSC06294


DSC06295









from the private journal of Kerry Burgess: 05/01/07 2:40 PM

I wonder if they are positioning stand-in's for Phoebe Cates around me. Something about giving me a better impression of how she looks now since I haven't seen her in so long. Does it really matter?









Counterpart - "The Crossing" - television series season 1 episode 1 - 8:00 PM Sunday 21 January 2018 Pacific Time USA

(from internet transcript)

Aldrich: You know who I am?

Howard Silk (Indigenous): Yes. Aldrich. Housekeeping.

Aldrich: Do you know why we might want to speak?

Peter Quayle, Howard's supervisor: I told you, he doesn't know a damn thing. He's nobody. Go and get him. Sorry. It's his job to be disliked.

Howard Silk (Indigenous): I Have I done something wrong?

Peter Quayle: Listen, Howard, we have a bit of a situation. Um, something we need to bring you in on.

Howard Silk (Indigenous): Me?

Peter Quayle: Someone's walked in from the other side. It might be a defection. Don't really know what else to call it.

Howard Silk (Indigenous): I'm-I'm sorry, the other side?

Peter Quayle: Well, typically we don't entertain this sort of business. Strangers come over, we turn them away. But this one is different. He he's valuable. And Well, he's only willing to speak to you. Just, whatever you do don't panic.

Aldrich: This is a bad idea.









Counterpart

"The Crossing"

(from internet transcript)

Who's on the list?

Not till I know where you stand. I'll be back tomorrow. Longer visa. "Courier duty." You have until then to make up your mind. And we're gonna need this one, so you might want to I don't know, read him in. Wow. Interface. Perfect.









From 1/21/2018 ( ) To 4/16/2022 ( ) is 1546 days

1546 = 773 + 773

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/15/1967 ( ) is 773 days



From 11/7/1917 ( the October Revolution in Russia ) To 4/16/2022 ( ) is 38146 days

38146 = 19073 + 19073

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/21/2018 ( ) is 19073 days










2022-04-16_2 .jpg, original work, illustrations by me, Kerry Burgess









Counterpart

"The Crossing"

(from internet transcript)

So why did they target this man?

PRIME: I don't know. He was Strategy?

He was just promoted.

Hmm.

Look, I'm sorry. We've done our part, all right? We we keep doing everything you've asked for. It's time for you to be a little more forthright. What is this about?

There's been some infighting in leadership on my side. You've been aware of it?

We heard a few things.

There's a faction, may be trying a takeover. Unclear who, exactly. They're hard-line, ideological, don't care much for diplomacy.

QUAYLE: What do they want?

It's been bad on my side for months now. Contentious, defection talk. People have been disappearing.

And now the fight spills over.

QUAYLE: So what is this? They're just picking off our people at random?

PRIME: It's not random. I don't know what it is, but it's not random.









"Obsession" (Star Trek)

Original Airdate: Dec 15, 1967

(from internet transcript)

[Briefing room]

KIRK: Report.

SCOTT: When it entered impulse engine number two's vent, it attacked two crewmen. It then got into the ventilating system, and now we have air for only two hours.

KIRK: Bones?

MCCOY: One man has a chance for survival. The other is dead. You can add that little price tag to your monster hunt.

KIRK: That's enough, Bones.

MCCOY: It's not enough! You didn't care as long as you could hang your trophy on the wall. Well, it's not on it, Captain, it's in it.

SPOCK: May I suggest that we no longer belabour the question of whether or not we should have gone after the creature. The matter has now been rendered academic. The creature is now after us.

MCCOY: Creature, Mister Spock?










2019-02-26_1









https://tvline.com/2019/02/17/counterpart-recap-season-2-episode-10-finale-emily-dies-mira/

Counterpart Recap: Viral Hit — Who Didn't Survive the Starz Finale?

February 17 2019

In the very final scene, we saw Yanek, newly reunited with his grandchildren on our side, taking one to the park



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 11:33 AM Pacific-time USA Saturday 04/16/2022