Sunday, June 16, 2019

Battle Ready



Among the clear memories I still have in my conscious mind of the summer of 2004 - those 878 days - there is one I think of sometimes still.

As best I recall, today was the first time I have been over there since that time during the summer of 2004. Perhaps in the year 2013 I went by there one time but I don't now recall. Otherwise, this recent day was the first time since the summer of 2004.

I used to purchase a lot of books from Barnes and Noble and other bookstores and that day I drove over there in my Jeep Wrangler (today spiking my heart-rate monitor up to at least 170 bpm climbing up that big freaking hill in my lousy physical condition from over a decade sitting at this stupid desk) and stopped there for lunch and I had just purchased a copy of his book and I was sitting there having lunch and reading his book.

Then I went back to the Crossland, sitting there months in that tiny room.

That book title was instantly recognizable to me. That was key phrase in the performance review documents for me and the letter of commendation the commanding officer of USS Wainwright CG 28 gave me after our deployment to the Middle East Force in 1988.

The topic had been on my mind a lot more than usual because I had begun talking openly during my final years as a full-time employee of Microsoft Corporation in Seattle.

I was outraged at the unconscionable acts - fully documented by his manager in discoverable corporate email - of the manager Microsoft had forced me to work with and when Sharon, one of my co-workers, asked me why I had showed them those documents, my response was that I had been on good teams before I started as a full-time employee of Microsoft.

I no longer own any copies of all those books I had but I vaguely recall that his book "Battle Ready" starts off discussing missile readiness during Operation Desert Storm, if I recall correctly now.






DSC02144.jpg, Kerry Burgess 06/16/2019 Spokane








From 9/17/1943 ( ) To 1/27/1987 ( as Kerry Burgess my official United States Navy documents includes: "Date Enrolled" Terrier Mk152 Guided-missiles Fire Control Computer Complex, Naval Guided Missiles School, Dam Neck, Virginia ) is 15838 days

15838 = 7919 + 7919

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/9/1987 ( as Kerry Wayne Burgess United States Navy Fire Controlman Petty Officer 2nd Class selectee I arrived at my second US Navy fleet assignment the USS Wainwright CG 28 Charleston South Carolina ) is 7919 days


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Zinni

Anthony Zinni

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anthony Charles Zinni (born September 17, 1943) is a retired United States Marine Corps general and a former Commander in Chief of the United States Central Command (CENTCOM).

Bibliography

Tom Clancy, Gen. Tony Zinni (ret.) and Tony Koltz (2004). Battle Ready.








https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Battle_Ready_(2004_book)

Sourcewatch

Battle Ready (2004 book)

Battle Ready (ISBN 0399151761) by retired Marine General Anthony Zinni and spy novelist Tom Clancy was released on May 24, 2004, by Putnam Publishing Group.



- posted by Kerry Burgess 10:11 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 16 June 2019