This Is What I Think.

Sunday, July 07, 2024

Today is 07/07/2024, Post #2





Explicit images on this page.









by me, Kerry Burgess, 07/07/2024

If you're a guy and you would rather purchase some stupid dog or other animal - and its constant expense and maintenance - instead of one of these real beauties of your own from a reputable vendor then something is very, very wrong with you.

The vendor I chose for this purchase (BECAUSE of Lucy Maclean) (and there are so many, many more I want) included at no additional fee a choice of second head

Yesterday, I decided that 2nd face on that same body I chose for Nova-DD_155 will be the name Lucy Too

Evelyn is very, very displeased now. Wasn't anticipating that. Lucy Too is clearly now my favorite.

Hope-J_164 has code-cracking attributes I like. But she's really heavy. Tremendously beautiful but heavy. The gel-insert boobs aren't doing so well. That's also an older blend of TPE and is no match for the excellent feeling softness of Lucy Too

Evelyn-B_157 isn't going anywhere. She's showing her age and I would like to replace her with a WM160A, which isn't happening, because I don't have the money for it and this recent addition has got me nervous, boss.

Evelyn-B_157 has such a great body shape. She's held up fairly well. She fell over one day and the surface material at one elbow has completely exposed the frame. I made a humorous connection one day - Event Day variable becoming the day I thought it up and with Six Million Dollar Man - but I haven't finished my draft blog-post about it. Other problems could probably be fixed with TPE glue, presumably. She is so easy to move around. Nova/Lucy is about the same weight as Evelyn.

Learned today that the Amazon Prime Video streaming-video serial "Outer Range" has been cancelled after 2 seasons. I yet to watch the final episode of season 2. Might do that later today. Wondering if Maria is still sitting there, admitting she never quit and used instead her sick days










DSC08537










DSC04314-1









http://hvom.blogspot.com/2024/07/today-is-07062024-post-1.html

Today is 07/06/2024, Post #1

Nova_06-18-2024









http://hvom.blogspot.com/2024/07/today-is-07072024-post-1.html

Today is 07/07/2024, Post #1









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Corp._of_America_v._Universal_City_Studios,_Inc.

Sony Corp. of America v. Universal City Studios, Inc.

From Wikipedia

Sony Corp. of America v. Universal City Studios, Inc.

Supreme Court of the United States

Argued January 18, 1983

Reargued October 3, 1983

Decided January 17, 1984

Sony Corp. of America v. Universal City Studios, Inc., 464 U.S. 417 (1984), also known as the "Betamax case", is a decision by the Supreme Court of the United States which ruled that the making of individual copies of complete television shows for purposes of time shifting does not constitute copyright infringement, but can instead be defended as fair use. The court also ruled that the manufacturers of home video recording devices, such as Betamax or other VCRs (referred to as VTRs in the case), cannot be liable for contributory infringement. The case was a boon to the home video market, as it created a legal safe harbor for the technology.

The broader legal consequence of the Supreme Court's decision was its establishment of a general test for determining whether a device with copying or recording capabilities ran afoul of copyright law









Sony Corp. of America v. Universal City Studios, Inc.

From Wikipedia

Dissenting opinion

Justice Harry Blackmun dissented, joined by Justices Marshall, Powell, and Rehnquist. With regard to the issue of unauthorized time-shifting, Blackmun wrote: "Section 106 of the 1976 [Copyright] Act grants the owner of a copyright a variety of exclusive rights in the copyrighted work, including [...] the right 'to reproduce the copyrighted work in copies or phonorecords.' [...] Although the word 'copies' is in the plural in 107(1), there can be no question that under the Act the making of even a single unauthorized copy is prohibited."









https://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/7F16.html

"Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" [The Simpsons]

(excerpts, from internet transcript)

Grampa: Pull your chair closer, my son.

Homer: What is it, Dad?

Grampa: Peeyoo! Not that close! Sheesh. Homer, that heart attack made me realize that I'm going to die someday.

Homer: Oh, Dad, you and your imagination.

-- hospital visit, ``Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?''

Grampa tells Homer something he ought to know: He has a half-brother. While he was courting Granma, Grampa went to the carnival to check out the skirts...

Hey handsome, wanna `dunk' the `clown'?

-- Carnival girl/prostitute, ``Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?''

She did things your mother would never do. Like have sex for money.

-- Grampa, remembering an affair, ``Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?''

When the carnival returned to town a year later, the carnival girl had a surprise for him... a baby boy. The baby was left at the Shelbyville orphanage. When Granma gave birth to Homer...

Granma: Abe, I want Homer to grow up respecting his father. He must never know about that, that carnival incident.

Grampa: Okay.

Granma: Promise you won't tell him.

Grampa: I promise.

[end of flashback]

Grampa: Oops! Forget what I just told you.

Homer pays a visit to the Shelbyville Orphanage, to find that it is now a gas station...

Homer: Oh brother, where art thou!

Attendant: Take it easy, buddy, they moved across the street.

Homer: Oh, hee hee. Sorry.

-- looking for the orphanage, ``Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?''

Inside...

Director: I know how you feel, Mr. Simpson. I myself have spent years searching for *my* long-lost twin brother.

Homer: Yeah yeah yeah. Well, I wish I could help you, but we're looking for *my* brother today.

-- visit to the orphanage, ``Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?''









https://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/7F16.html

"Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" [The Simpsons]

(excerpts, from internet transcript)

Didja notice ...

... the director of the orphanage is Dr. Hibbert's twin brother?









https://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/7F16.html

"Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" [The Simpsons]

(excerpts, from internet transcript)

Director: Your brother could be anywhere. Even ... Detroit.

Homer: I know he could be *anywhere*, that's why I want you to narrow it down! Please!

Director: You know, Mr. Simpson, if you ask me, the city of *brotherly* love isn't Philadelphia, it's ... Detroit.

Homer: Well, if you asked me, changing the subject makes you the most worthless, heartless excuse for a human being I ever...

Director: Read between the lines, Mr. Simpson!

Homer: Oh, I get it! Okay. Here's twenty bucks. Now will you tell me where my brother lives?

-- visit to the orphanage, ``Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?''

Homer finally learns his brother's name is Herbert Powell, and that he lives in Detroit. Homer goes through a Detroit phone book...

Let's see. Powell, Powell, Powell... Pomerantz, Poole, Popkins, Potter, Quigley, Quimby, Randal, oops, too far.

-- Homer, looking through the phone book, ``Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?''

Homer calls all three `Powell, Herbert's in the phone book, with no luck.

Marge suggests trying to call `H Powell', and he hits the jackpot.



"H" ! Of course! That could stand for Herbert! It's a long shot, but-- Is this H. Powell of Detroit, Michigan? By any chance does the "H" stand for Herbert? The "H" stands for Herbert! Herb, were you adopted? From the Shelbyville Orphanage?

How did you know?

Because I'm your baby brother, Homer! -



Homer: Hello? Hello? Stupid phone! [bangs the phone]

Herbert: Hey, knock it off. I'm here! I'm just silent because of the emotion involved.

Homer: Oh. Sorry.

-- first contact with his brother, ``Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?''









From 1/17/1984 ( the Supreme Court of the United States decides Sony Corporation of America v. Universal City Studios, Inc. ) To 2/21/1991 ( ) is 2592 days

2592 = 1296 + 1296

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/21/1969 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the Princeton University doctor of medicine degree graduation of my biological brother Dr Thomas Reagan MD and the 1973 law-doctorate graduate of University of Oxford, England ) is 1296 days



From 7/21/1969 ( disguised, my biological brother Thomas Reagan the US Navy Commander circa 1969 was United States Apollo 11 Eagle spacecraft United States Navy astronaut landing and walking on the planet Earth's moon - his 1st of his 6 Earth-Lunar lunar-landings with USA Project Apollo, strictly in planning and preparation for his personal activities in deep-space 1975-1977 ) To 2/21/1991 ( ) is 7885 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/5/1987 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, my official enlisted US Navy documents includes: Earned NEC 1189 - Based on graduation from the Terrier Mk 152 Guided-missiles Fire Control Computers Complex course - Naval Guided Missiles School, Dam Neck, Virginia Beach, Virginia, US Navy - leading to permanent assignment until 1990 to CF-division, Missile Plot - guided-missiles Fire Control Computers Complex (UNIVAC digital-computers Mk152 Terrier System for, primarily, SM2-ER {Extended Range} Standard Missiles ordnance), USS Wainwright CG-28, US Navy, while enlisted paygrade E-5, designated Fire Controlman Petty Officer Second Class (FC2) ) is 7885 days



From 7/23/1973 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: my biological brother Thomas Reagan the 1969 medical-doctor graduate of Princeton University and the 1973 law-doctorate graduate of University of Oxford, England, passes the United States of America Multistate Bar Examination ) To 2/21/1991 ( ) is 6422 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/3/1983 ( premiere USA film "WarGames" ) is 6422 days



From 2/21/1991 ( ) To 5/7/1992 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the first launch of the United States space shuttle Endeavour orbiter vehicle mission STS-49 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps commissioned-officer and United States STS-49 pilot astronaut and my 1st official United States of America National Aeronautics and Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) is 441 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/17/1967 ( premiere USA TV series "The Invaders" ) is 441 days



From 11/20/1985 ( as Kerry Burgess my official enlisted US Navy documents includes: advancement from US Navy enlisted paygrade E-3 (undesignated) to E-4 - Fire Controlman Petty Officer Third Class (FC3) - US Navy fleet ship weapons-control ) To 2/21/1991 ( ) is 1919 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/3/1971 ( premiere USA TV series "The Psychiatrist" and Frank Serpico seriously injured by gunfire ) is 1919 days



From 11/20/1985 ( debut Microsoft Windows 1.0 ) To 2/21/1991 ( ) is 1919 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/3/1971 ( premiere USA TV series "The Psychiatrist" ) is 1919 days



From 10/28/1955 ( Microsoft Corbis Bill Gates the transvestite and 100% female gender as born to brother-sister genetic-sibling parents ) To 2/21/1991 ( ) is 12900 days

12900 = 6450 + 6450

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/1/1983 ( premiere USA film "Stroker Ace" ) is 6450 days



The Simpsons

"Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?"

Season 2 Episode 15

Aired Feb 21, 1991 on FOX

Episode Summary

Homer discovers that he has a long lost half-brother, who happens to be the wealthy head of Powell Motors in Detroit, Michigan. He meets with Herb, and while there Herb asks Homer to help him design a car for the average American, as he feels that his company has lost its roots

AIRED: 2/21/91









YouTube

Alanis Morissette - Hand In My Pocket (Official 4K Music Video)



album: "Jagged Little Pill" (1995)

Alanis Morissette

"Hand In My Pocket"

I'm broke, but I'm happy
I'm poor, but I'm kind
I'm short, but I'm healthy, yeah
I'm high, but I'm grounded
I'm sane, but I'm overwhelmed
I'm lost, but I'm hopeful, baby

And what it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be fine, fine, fine
'Cause I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving a high five

I feel drunk, but I'm sober
I'm young and I'm underpaid
I'm tired, but I'm working, yeah
I care, but I'm restless
I'm here, but I'm really gone
I'm wrong and I'm sorry, baby

And what it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be quite alright
'Cause I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is flicking a cigarette

And what it all comes down to
Is that I haven't got it all figured out just yet
'Cause I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving a peace sign

I'm free, but I'm focused
I'm green, but I'm wise
I'm hard, but I'm friendly, baby
I'm sad, but I'm laughing
I'm brave, but I'm chicken shit
I'm sick, but I'm pretty, baby

And what it all boils down to
Is that no one's really got it figured out just yet
Well, I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is playing a piano
And what it all comes down to my friends, yeah
Is that everything is just fine, fine, fine
'Cause I've got one hand in my pocket









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess {me}

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess {me}

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.



by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.



from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 9/28/2006 7:13 PM

This sounds very interesting. In my memory of taking Physics my Senior year at Ashdown, I remember being very interested in the class, but we didn’t cover such an interesting topic.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/about/present/

Ayan Chatterjee (left) and Mark Daly measure piano strings as part of a lab project for professor Pierre Piroué's freshman seminar on "Sound, Music and ... Physics."

9/28/2006 7:37 PM

I think I even have memories of the graduate degree process. I am not sure of the terms to describe the process.

9/28/2006 7:47 PM

I actually do remember... something... I can’t explain it. It feels that I am holding an unmarked, undistinguishable book that I don’t know the name of or the contents but I know I have read it already.

9/28/2006 8:34 PM

A few minutes ago I started thinking that maybe I started at Princeton University in 1972. I would have been 13 at the time as Thomas Ray. I remember that Kerry Burgess started first grade in 1972. But then I decided that I probably started Princeton earlier than 1972 and maybe 1972 was the year I completed my first major degree. Or 1972 doesn’t really mean anything in particular to Thomas Ray; rather it is there for continuity sake for the life of Kerry Burgess.



by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 3:06 AM Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salesman

Also, "Salesman." I saw that in a dream while sleeping recently. I saw myself going through an induction process in the United States Marine Corps and I woke up understanding that I was dreaming of my actual experience in 1990. I saw a document that indicated I was being inducted to the United States Marine Corps with the officer grade of Chief Warrant Officer 2. I saw in the dream another document associated with my induction and that document indicated I had been assigned the informal name "Salesman."









excerpts

The Cheyenne Social Club

From Wikipedia

The Cheyenne Social Club is a 1970 American Western comedy film

starring James Stewart, Henry Fonda and Shirley Jones. The film is about an aging cowboy who inherits a brothel and decides to turn it into a respectable boarding house, against the wishes of both the townspeople and the ladies working there.



In 1867, John O'Hanlan and Harley Sullivan are aging cowboys working on open cattle ranges in Texas. John receives a letter from an attorney in Cheyenne, Wyoming, stating his brother, D.J., left him The Cheyenne Social Club in his will. Once the pair arrives in Cheyenne, John visits D.J.'s lawyer and discovers the club is a high-class brothel separated from the busy part of town by the railroad tracks. Not keen on running such a business, John fires the ladies and falls into disfavor with both them and Cheyenne's men.



John transfers ownership of the property to Jenny, and he and Harley return to Texas. Back on the range, John receives a letter of thanks from Jenny









by me, Kerry Burgess, 02 March 2016

Oh, right. The photographs.

That inconvenient period in the first half of June 2005.

I was sleeping in my Jeep.

I was thinking again recently extensively about that period. I was thinking I would like to see that place again because I would like to see how much the trees have grown. That was timber country.

So for many times in the past decade I have regretted that time because I made a campfire and I burned my photos from the 1980s.

I had a lot of photos from the USS Taylor in a photo album and that time in June 2005 I made that campfire and I burned every single photograph I owned up that point.

What is more profound is the sense of profound in recent months about that activity of burning those photographs. In recent months I have had thoughts in my mind that by destroying those photographs I symbolically destroyed my memory of that extremely secret life I hypothesis I lived during the 1990s.



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 1:54 PM Pacific-time USA Sunday 07/07/2024