This Is What I Think.

Friday, July 19, 2024

Today is 07/19/2024, Post #2





http://hvom.blogspot.com/2024/07/today-is-07192024-post-1.html

Today is 07/19/2024, Post #1










1987-06-17_1

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/full-metal-jacket-review-1987-movie-1009708/









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368008/releaseinfo/

IMDb

The Manchurian Candidate (2004)

Release info

United States July 19, 2004 (New York City, New York, premiere)

Full Cast & Crew

Denzel Washington ... Ben Marco










the-manchurian-candidate-2004_00h-31m-08s
the-manchurian-candidate-2004_00h-31m-39s
the-manchurian-candidate-2004_00h-31m-35s
the-manchurian-candidate-2004_00h-32m-00s
the-manchurian-candidate-2004_00h-32m-05s
the-manchurian-candidate-2004_00h-32m-10s
the-manchurian-candidate-2004_00h-32m-33s










1984-05-15_1










2004-03-01_0-a









Dawn of the Dead (2004)

(from internet transcript)

Andre: Hey, my man. You know, I hear you talking a lot. You know, you're always saying something. Who the fuck are you that we should listen, huh? What are you, like, in Special Ops? You in the Marines? What the fuck do you do?

Michael: I sell televisions at Best Buy.

Andre: [to Kenneth] Wow.

[chuckling]

Andre: Hey, Officer, how you like following a guy that sells TVs?

Kenneth: About as much as I like following a guy who steals them. I'm not following anyone. I'm going to Fort Pastor to get my brother.









Dawn of the Dead (2004)

(from internet transcript)

(Kenneth and others in the shopping mall watching television broadcast) 'You're referring to a report that came in this morning. 'That report was completely... ' 'What can we tell people that don't know what to do? ' 'I would suggest that you come to Fort Pastor. 'If you can't get here, our search-and-rescue teams will find you.'

Kenneth: My brother's there. He's waiting for me.









IMDb

Apocalypse Now (1979)

Quotes

[first lines]

Willard, US Army captain (commissioned-officer paygrade O-3): [voiceover] Saigon... shit; I'm still only in Saigon... Every time I think I'm gonna wake up back in the jungle.

Willard: When I was home after my first tour, it was worse.

Willard: I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife, until I said "yes" to a divorce.









http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078788/quotes

IMDb

Apocalypse Now (1979)

Quotes

Willard: Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one. Brought it up to me like room service. It was a real choice mission, and when it was over, I never wanted another.










battlestar-galactica-2003_01h05m17s
battlestar-galactica-2003_01h08m18s
battlestar-galactica_season1-ep2-1978_00h-22m-27s









Battlestar Galactica - tv miniseries - 12/08/2003, 12/09/2003

(from internet transcript)

Helo: That's as close as you get, now just settle down. Settle down, and no one gets hurt.

Man: I have to get on board. I'll give you fifty thousand. (Other people yell similar things.)

Helo: We're not taking money. This isn't a rescue ship, this is a military vessel, and we're not taking money.

People: You can't just leave us here! What about the children?









Battlestar Galactica (1978)

"Saga of a Star World - Part 2"

Athena - Battlestar Galactica bridge officer: Father? Father, are you all right?

Adama - Battlestar Galactica Commander: If anyone amongst us can say that he's all right, after what has happened, I'd recommend them for catharsis treatment.

Athena: That's not the Warrior I'm used to. Whatever happened to the joy of living to fight another day?

Adama: Ah, yes, the joy of living. You were aboard the Galactica. You didn't see them down there; their faces. The old, the young. Desperate. Begging - screaming - for a chance to come aboard. A chance to live. And there I was like God - passing out priorities as - as if they were tickets to a lottery.










a-boeing-ah-64-apache-attack-helicopter-of-the-1st-cavalry-air-brigade-KFMWCP .jpg, from internet









BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

1X08 - FLESH AND BONE

Original Airdate: February 25, 2005 (USA)

Caprica #6 - Does he love you?

Caprica Boomer - I think so.

Caprica #6 - Has he said it?

Caprica Boomer - Not directly.

Caprica #6 - Then you're just guessing.









http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Flying+the+first+mission+of+d

THE FREE LIBRARY

The Free Library > Science and Technology > Military and naval science > Air Power History > March 22, 2012

Suddenly, the lights began to go off. One of the pilots mused, "I think they know we are here." Thirty seconds prior, the Apache crews turned on their ranging lasers. At exactly 2:37:50 AM, White Team Apache pilot 2d Lt. Tom Drew keyed his radio and broadcast, "Party in ten." Precisely ten seconds later all crews began firing their Hellfire missiles. Twenty seconds later, the deadly weapons began to detonate against the structures. The generators were hit first, then the command bunkers, and finally, the radar dishes themselves. Several Iraqi enemy soldiers died in the barrage.

Once all the Hellfires had been expended, the helicopters flew toward the sites and ripple-fired their rockets. Two thousand meters from the sites, they opened up with their 30 mm chain guns and riddled what remained of the compounds with every bullet they had. Four minutes after it started, it was over. The Apaches had expended twenty-seven Hellfire missiles, 100 Hydra-70 rockets, and 4,000 rounds of 30 mm cannon fire. They turned south, rejoined with the Pave Lows, and headed home. En route, Captain Martin's crew observed what appeared to be the launch of two SA-7 missiles. They utilized their on-board defensive systems and some aggressive maneuvering to escape the missiles.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 05/14/07 9:12 AM

but I think what this all represents is me flying into Iraq, running out of fuel because I engaged enemy fighters, and then having to land and find fuel. I also found myself reading that book by Claire and having a hard time to believe we didn't get swarmed by enemy fighters.









From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 7:43 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal June 20, 2006, Supplemental

I wonder if I was the first American to strike Saddam.









by me, Kerry Burgess, 01/02/2024 03:04 AM

Sitting here today at this desk now I can still recall that I was in that apartment in Redmond, WA, and following that series when it began new. And that makes me think I was watching it first from my previous apartment, at the other end of the lake in Issaquah.

Redmond was my last posting before this all started for me. None of the fantastic stuff I write about existed for me back then.

I've written about how my apartment lease convienently ended on 03/01/2004. That made it a few days short of one full year. That's the only time I can recall that ever happening. Sure, it could have happened other places. But for me, was the only time I recall. Every other time, a one-year lease is rounded *up* to the end of the month. I have written that I left that apartment in Redmond on 03/01/2004 and traveled across the state to here in Spokane metro to the Crossland









by me, Kerry Burgess, JANUARY 04, 2016

I was there when I went to see the 2004 "The Manchurian Candidate" in the nearby Spokane Valley Mall as well as the 2004 "Dawn of the Dead". I still owned my 2002 black Jeep Wrangler back then. How fondly I remember that time. I was living there when I finished the Ironman triathlon nearby in Coeur d'Alene. Seems like yesterday to my mind but not to my body.









from my private jounral as Kerry Burgess: 05/24/09 9:00 AM

I am pretty certain it was a Mozart CD I had bought that prompted me to make that observation. As I listen to a Wolfgang Armedeus Mozart track from the Mozart 250th Anniversary set I wonder if it is the same.

05/24/09 9:05 AM

I bought some Beethoven CD's during that time as well.

http://dictionary.sensagent.com/symphony+no+3+beethoven/en-en/

Symphony No. 3 (Beethoven)

Eroica Symphony Title Page

The Symphony No. 3 in E flat major (Op. 55) by Ludwig van Beethoven (known as the Eroica—Italian for "Heroic") is a work sometimes cited as the beginning of musical Romanticism and the end of the Classical Era.









IMDb

Battlestar Galactica (TV Series)

Saga of a Star World (1978)

Quotes

Commander Adama: Fleeing from the Cylon Tyranny, the last battlestar Galactica leads a ragtag fugitve fleet on a lonely quest: a shining planet known as Earth.



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 09:23 AM Pacific-timezone USA Friday 07/19/2024