This Is What I Think.

Saturday, July 13, 2024

Today is 07/13/2024, Post #4





Topic of previous blog-posts by me: Baby Sister (1983)










baby-sister-1983_00h-11m-46s










the-twilight-zone_s2e28-1961_00h-21m-26s










battlestar-galactica-2003_01h-08m-44s









Battlestar Galactica - tv miniseries - 12/08/2003, 12/09/2003

(from internet transcript)

Adama: Listen, you were right. I was wrong. Just leave it at that.

Roslin: (nods) All right. (pause) There's no Earth. You made it all up. President Adar and I once talked about the legends surrounding Earth. He knew nothing about a secret location regarding Earth, and if the President knew nothing about it, what are the chances that you do?

Adama: You're right. There's no Earth. It's all a legend.

Roslin: Then why?

Adama: Because, it's not enough to just live. You have to have something to live for. Let it be Earth.

Roslin: They'll never forgive you.

Adama: Maybe. But in the meantime, I've given all of us a fighting chance to survive. And isn't that what you said was the most important thing? The survival of the human race?

Roslin: Who else knows?

Adama: Not a soul.

Roslin: All right. I'll keep your secret, but I want something in return.

Adama: I'm listening.

Roslin: If a civilization is going to function, it's going to need a government. A civilian government, run by the President of the Colonies.

Adama: (stands up, straightens his jacket) So you'll be in charge of the fleet. The military decisions stay with me.

Roslin: Yes.

Adama: Well then I'll think about it, Madame President.









Battlestar Galactica - tv miniseries - 12/08/2003, 12/09/2003

(from internet transcript)

Lee Adama "Apollo": (seeing Baltar get off the Raptor) That him?

Boomer: Yeah. (loudly) Hope he's worth it! Sorry sir.

Apollo: Don't be. I hope he's worth it too. Dr. Baltar, Captain Lee Adama. The President's asked to see you, sir.

Dr Gaius Baltar: President Adar is alive?

Apollo: No, I'm afraid Adar is dead. President Laura Roslin was sworn in a couple of hours ago.

Baltar: Oh. Who?

Apollo: If you'll come with me, I'll - She's this way.

(Back in the main area of the ship)

Laura Roslin: ...I really appreciate it, thank you so much. Oh, Dr. Baltar. It's a pleasure to meet you. We met at last year's Caprica City Symposium.

Baltar: Oh, of course. You'll have to forgive me, I'm bad with faces.

Roslin: Oh, no, that's perfectly all right. I'm sure I wouldn't remember me either. Doctor, I need you to serve as my chief scientific consultant and analyst, regarding the Cylons and their technology.

Baltar: I'd be honored, Madame President.









Battlestar Galactica - tv miniseries - 12/08/2003, 12/09/2003

(from internet transcript)

(Boomer starts to take off. A man climbs onto the side of the ship and Helo shoots him. He and Boomer wave at each other as she leaves.)

(Back on Roslin's ship - she and Apollo are up in the cockpit)

Radio: This is an official Colonial government broadcast. All ministers and officials should now go to Case Orange. Repeat: This is an official Colonial government broadcast. All ministers and officials should now go to Case Orange.

Roslin: It's an automated message. It's designed to be sent out in case the president, the vice president and most of the cabinet are dead or incapacitated. I need you to send my ID code back on the exact same frequency. D as in dog, dash 456 dash 345 dash A, as in apple. Thank you. (She leaves the cockpit. Apollo follows her back and finds her sitting alone.)

Apollo: How far down?

Roslin: 43rd in line of succession. I know all 42 ahead of me from the President down. Most of us served with him in the first administration. Some of them came with him from the Mayor's office. I was there with him on his first campaign. I never really liked politics; I kept telling myself I was getting out, but... he had this way about him. (The pilot appears with a piece of paper.) Just couldn't say no to him. (He hands her the paper.) Thank you. (She sits up, puts her jacket back on.) We'll need a priest.









From 10/21/1974 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Gunsmoke"::"The Iron Men" ) To 12/8/2003 ( ) is 10640 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 10640 days



From 7/4/1976 ( at extreme personal risk to himself my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship successfully intercepts the comet nicknamed "Lucifer" - threatening extinction by death and destruction of all life on this planet Earth - in the outer solar system beyond planet Saturn and diverts it away from our planet Earth ) To 12/8/2003 ( ) is 10018 days

10018 = 5009 + 5009

From 11/2/1965 ( me ) To 7/21/1979 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan and my sister-in-law Phoebe Cates are lawfully married in the state of Vermont ) is 5009 days



From 9/19/1964 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Outer Limits"::"Soldier" ) To 10/25/2002 ( premiere USA TV series "Repo Men: Stealing for a Living" ) is 13915 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/8/2003 ( ) is 13915 days



From 3/16/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate and possibly the date of the top-secret, doctorate-degree credential from Princeton University, I can theorize only ) To 12/8/2003 ( ) is 4650 days

4650 = 2325 + 2325

From 11/2/1965 ( me ) To 3/15/1972 ( premiere US film "Slaughterhouse-Five" and "Animal House" ) is 2325 days



From 6/8/1993 ( commencement, Princeton University Class of 1993 ) To 12/8/2003 ( ) is 3835 days

From 11/2/1965 ( me ) To 5/3/1976 ( from Princeton Weekly Bulletin publication, Princeton University: Numismatic Collection Helps Solve Mysteries Of Antiquity ) is 3835 days



From 1/17/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) To 12/8/2003 ( ) is 4708 days

4708 = 2354 + 2354

From 11/2/1965 ( me ) To 4/13/1972 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the date of record of the 2nd United States Navy Medal of Honor for my biological brother Thomas Reagan circa 1972 the United States Navy Commander ) is 2354 days



From 3/30/1959 ( biographical - Reginald Rowan Belknap dead ) To 12/8/2003 ( ) is 16324 days

16324 = 8162 + 8162

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/8/1988 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, while enlisted paygrade E-5, designated Fire Controlman Petty Officer Second Class (FC2), my official enlisted United States Navy documents includes: Terrier MK 152 guided-missiles Fire Control Computers Complex Operator (UNIVAC digital-computers Mk152 Terrier System for, primarily, SM2-ER {Extended Range} Standard Missiles ordnance) - CF-division, Missile Plot, USS Wainwright CG-28 (CG-26 Belknap-class guided-missiles cruiser honoring Reginald Rowan Belknap, USN), US Navy, following my graduation Naval Missiles School, Dam Neck, Virginia (decades now obsolete system for navigating missiles to targets) ) is 8162 days



From 3/8/1988 ( see above ) To 12/8/2003 ( ) is 5753 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/3/1981 ( Ronald Reagan, 40th President of USA: Remarks and a Question-and-Answer Session With Reporters on the Air Traffic Controllers Strike ) is 5753 days



From 6/14/1951 ( the Univac dedication by the United States Census Bureau ) To 7/19/1989 ( the United Airlines Flight 232 crash in Sioux City Iowa and from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the end of Kerry Burgess - *me* - the natural human being cloned from another human being {Thomas Reagan} ) is 13915 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/8/2003 ( ) is 13915 days



From 12/8/2003 ( ) To 4/5/2063 ( the famed, fictional date setting established in 1996 film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) is 21668 days

21668 = 10829 + 10839

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/27/1995 ( the launch of the United States space shuttle Atlantis orbiter vehicle mission STS-71 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps commissioned-officer and United States STS-71 pilot astronaut and my 3rd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) is 10829 days

From 11/2/1965 ( me ) To 7/7/1995 ( the return to Earth landing of the United States space shuttle Atlantis orbiter vehicle mission STS-71 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps commissioned-officer and United States STS-71 pilot astronaut and my 3rd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) is 10839 days



http://www.tv.com/shows/battlestar-galactica/battlestar-galacticathe-mini-series-1603714/

Battlestar Galactica Episode 1

Battlestar Galactica: The Mini-Series

AIRED: 12/8/03









Star Trek: First Contact (1996)

Dr. Zefram COCHRANE: My God! They're really from another world.

RIKER: And they're going to want to meet the man who flew that warp ship.









Battlestar Galactica - tv miniseries - 12/08/2003, 12/09/2003

(from internet transcript)

Laura Roslin: Order the fleet to jump to Ragnar immediately. (Apollo and the pilot walk off.)

Billy (her executive-assistant): Madame President, something else you should be aware of.

Roslin: I have cancer.

Billy: I know. (She turns to look at him.) Little things, couple of comments you made.









Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)

Linda Barrett: He's no high school boy.









Battlestar Galactica - tv miniseries - 12/08/2003, 12/09/2003

(from internet transcript)

Laura Roslin: My prognosis is doubtful. I wish I could say it was the least of my worries, but the world is coming to an end and all I can think about is that I have cancer and I'm probably going to die.









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - tv-series Season 2 Episode 9, 11/10/1967

Episode Summary

When their shuttle is diverted to a planetoid, Kirk, Spock, and McCoy encounter Earth's Warp Drive pioneer, Zefram Cochrane, who appears to have survived there alone for 150 years.

(from internet transcript)









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - tv-series Season 2 Episode 9, 11/10/1967

KIRK: How is she, Doc?

MCCOY: No change.

NANCY: Small thanks to the Starfleet.

MCCOY: Now really, Commissioner, you can't blame the Starfleet.

NANCY: I should've received the proper inoculations ahead of time.

MCCOY: Sakuro's disease is extremely rare. The chances of anyone contracting it are literally billions to one.

NANCY: I was sent to Epsilon Canaris Three to prevent a war, Doctor. Thanks to the inefficiency of the medical branch of the Starfleet, I've been forced to leave before my job was done.

KIRK: Commissioner, I can assure you that once we reach the Enterprise, with its medical facilities, we'll have you back to your job in time for you to prevent that war.









Battlestar Galactica - tv miniseries - 12/08/2003, 12/09/2003

(from internet transcript)

Adama: Listen. I'm not gonna defend what she did, especially the cracks about your marital problems. But you did kick over the table first.

Tigh: I did not. (pauses) Unless I did.

Adama: You did. So what do you say we just drop the formal charges, throw her in the brig, cool her heels off until we get home.

Tigh: You always did have a soft spot for her.

Adama: Yeah, I guess I'm just a crazy old man.

(Zoom in on a city coastline. Caption: Caprica City, Caprica)

(In a large room, looking up through a glass ceiling. Ships are flying past overhead; one of them looks remarkably like Firefly's Serenity. Camera pans down to Laura Roslin, sitting in a chair in front of a desk. She's looking out the window, and jumps at the sound of the door. A doctor in a white coat walks in.)

Doctor: I'm afraid the tests are positive. The mass is malignant. It's advanced well beyond our... (Noises drown him out - we see a ship taking off and then moving through space.)

(Inside the ship, a futuristic food and drink cart goes by.)

Billy (Roslin's assistant): So I also sent the President a copy of your speech for Galactica's retirement. Uh, hopefully he'll have a chance to review it, but there is a thirty-minute time delay between Galactica and...

Roslin: Excuse me. (She heads for the bathroom.)










star-trek-tos_season2-ep9_00h10m59s









Battlestar Galactica - tv miniseries - 12/08/2003, 12/09/2003

(from internet transcript)

Dualla: The lead ship is requesting permission to come alongside, sir. They say - they say they have the president of the colonies aboard.

Tigh: Grant the request.

(Cut to Tigh and Roslin discussing the situation.)

Tigh: We are in the middle of repairing and rearming this ship. We can't afford to lose a single man off the line to start caring for refugees.

Roslin: We have fifty thousand people out there. Some of them are hurt. Our priority has to be caring for refugees.

Tigh: My priority is preparing this ship for combat. In case you haven't heard, there's a war on.

Roslin: Colonel, the war is over. And we lost.

Tigh: We'll see about that.

Roslin: Oh yes, we will. In the meantime, however, as the President of the Colonies, I'm giving you a direct order. To provide -

Tigh: You don't give orders on this ship.









Battlestar Galactica - tv miniseries - 12/08/2003, 12/09/2003

(from internet transcript)

Roslin: Then you do acknowledge my position as president as duly constituted under the articles of colonization.

Adama: Miss Roslin, my primary objective at the present time is to repair the Galactica and continue to fight.

Roslin: What we do know at this moment is that there are fifty thousand civilian refugees out there who don't stand a chance without your ship to protect them.

Adama: We're aware of the tactical situation, and I'm sure that you'll all be safe here on Ragnar after we leave.

Roslin: After you leave? Where are you going?

Adama: To find the enemy. We're at war, and that's my mission.

Roslin: I honestly don't know why I have to keep telling you this, but the war is over.

Adama: It hasn't begun yet.

Roslin: That's insane.

Adama: You would rather that we run?

Roslin: Yes, absolutely. That is the only sane thing to do here, exactly that: run. We leave this solar system, and we don't look back.

Adama: And we go where?

Roslin: I don't know. Another star system, another planet, somewhere where the Cylons won't find us.

Adama: You can run if you like. This ship will stand, and it will fight.

Roslin: I'm gonna be straight with you here. The human race is about to be wiped out.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess {me}

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess {me}

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.



by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.



from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 9/28/2006 7:13 PM

This sounds very interesting. In my memory of taking Physics my Senior year at Ashdown, I remember being very interested in the class, but we didn’t cover such an interesting topic.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/about/present/

Ayan Chatterjee (left) and Mark Daly measure piano strings as part of a lab project for professor Pierre Piroué's freshman seminar on "Sound, Music and ... Physics."

9/28/2006 7:37 PM

I think I even have memories of the graduate degree process. I am not sure of the terms to describe the process.

9/28/2006 7:47 PM

I actually do remember... something... I can’t explain it. It feels that I am holding an unmarked, undistinguishable book that I don’t know the name of or the contents but I know I have read it already.

9/28/2006 8:34 PM

A few minutes ago I started thinking that maybe I started at Princeton University in 1972. I would have been 13 at the time as Thomas Ray. I remember that Kerry Burgess started first grade in 1972. But then I decided that I probably started Princeton earlier than 1972 and maybe 1972 was the year I completed my first major degree. Or 1972 doesn’t really mean anything in particular to Thomas Ray; rather it is there for continuity sake for the life of Kerry Burgess.



by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 3:06 AM Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salesman

Also, "Salesman." I saw that in a dream while sleeping recently. I saw myself going through an induction process in the United States Marine Corps and I woke up understanding that I was dreaming of my actual experience in 1990. I saw a document that indicated I was being inducted to the United States Marine Corps with the officer grade of Chief Warrant Officer 2. I saw in the dream another document associated with my induction and that document indicated I had been assigned the informal name "Salesman."









IMDb

The Simpsons (TV Series)

The PTA Disbands (1995)

Quotes

Bart: Uh, I think I got your lunch.

[He hands Lisa a note from his lunch bag: "I Am Very Proud Of You. Love, Mom."]

Lisa: Oh yeah, I didn't think this was for me.

[She hands Bart a note from her lunch bag: "Be Good. For The Love Of God, *Please* Be Good."]









From 12/7/1998 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, my first day full-time employee Microsoft Corporation in Seattle until 02/06/2004 ) to 7/14/2003 ( ) is 1680 days

1680 = 840 + 840

From 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates - the world-famous actor AND from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the United States Army veteran and the Harvard University graduate medical-doctor and the world-famous actor and the spouse of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) to 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) is 840 days



From 12/6/1985 ( premiere USA film "Spies Like Us" ) To 7/14/2003 ( ) is 6429 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/10/1983 ( premiere USA film "Octopussy ) is 6429 days



From 6/29/1995 ( the Mir space station docking of the United States space shuttle Atlantis orbiter vehicle mission STS-71 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps commissioned-officer and United States STS-71 pilot astronaut and my 3rd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 7/14/2003 is 2937 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/17/1973 ( Richard Nixon, 37th President of USA: Question-and-Answer Session at the Annual Convention of the Associated Press Managing Editors Association, Orlando, Florida { The "I am not a crook" speech } ) is 2937 days



http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20030929&slug=leak290

The Seattle Times

Monday, September 29, 2003

Controversy deepens over inquiry into leak of CIA officer's identity

By Mike Allen

The Washington Post

The controversy erupted over the weekend, when administration officials reported that Tenet sent the Justice Department a letter raising questions about whether federal law was broken when the operative, Valerie Plame, was exposed. She was named in a column by Robert Novak that ran July 14 in The Post and other newspapers.









Spies Like Us (1985)

(from internet transcript)

Are you suggesting we assign this job to inferior personnel?

No, I understand.

Two teams.

One to do the job, the other to be a diversion.

You mean decoys? Targets?

Exactly.

GLG-20s don't grow exactly on trees.

I'd hate to waste two as targets.

I'm sure you can find a couple of men you won't mind wasting.



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 10:08 PM Pacific-timezone USA Saturday 07/13/2024