This Is What I Think.

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Today is 07/23/2024, Post #1





Part One of Two










2024-07-23_1









Stargate SG-1

"Endgame"

TV-series season 8 episode 10, 09/17/2004

(from internet transcript)

Dr. Daniel Jackson: I'd hate to be the guy that has to explain this to the President.









https://www.yahoo.com/news/entertainment/jimmy-kimmel-guest-host-says-103411210.html

Yahoo! News

Jimmy Kimmel guest host says Biden didn’t step aside from 2024 race: ‘He wandered off’

Amelia Neath

Tue, July 23, 2024 at 3:34 AM PDT

Jimmy Kimmel Live! guest host Lamorne Morris poked fun at President Joe Biden’s departure from the 2024 race on Monday night’s show, offering an alternative version of what really happened.

“Obviously, that’s the big story yesterday: President Biden decided to drop out of the race,” he said.

“Well…he didn’t, like, drop out so much as he kinda just of like, wandered off, you know what I’m saying?” Morris quipped.

The actor and comedian then mimicked 81-year-old Biden slowly walking off camera, before turning to walk in the other direction while saying “Hey man” repeatedly.










1994-10-28_0-e
1994-10-28_3









Stargate SG-1

"Endgame"

TV-series season 8 episode 10, 09/17/2004

(from internet transcript)

CARTER
The gate disappeared at 0307. There were two airmen in the gateroom and two technicians in the control room but none of them saw or heard anything out of the ordinary prior to the flash.

[The monitor shows the gate being beamed away.]

DANIEL
Is it just me or does that look like an Asgard beam?

CARTER
It does, which makes no sense. Why would they take our gate?

O'NEILL
Yeah. Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do whatever they damn well please.

DANIEL
What about the Prometheus? Didn't the Asgard install beam technology as well as a hyperdrive?

CARTER
It's in the hangar. We're still making adjustments to the new engines. There is another possibility. We know that Anubis possessed Asgard beam technology. We also know that Ba'al took over much of his fleet.

DANIEL
You think Ba'al stole our gate?

CARTER
To be honest, right now I don't know what to think.

O'NEILL
Well, I need some answers.

CARTER
That's not going to be easy, sir. Without a gate, we have no access to offworld intel. We have no way of knowing what's going on out there.

O'NEILL
You'll think of something. In the meantime…I have a phone call to make.










DSC03397_ -1









corrected text, 08/24/2022: by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 7:55 AM Monday, October 11, 2010

Kerry Burgess, in the only time I know about, because he has not returned from his second trip, was in there for a time I later presumed, because of his astronomical readings in the sky, of which I assumed was accurate in this real world. He had no clocks so he spent almost all his time, which was probably more than fifty years, trying to find a way to measure time. There were no people in that world but sometimes he would see mannequins positioned around and sometimes those mannequins would be positioned around where he had been trying to measure time, such as by chiseling marks into rock, which the mannequins were then standing in front of and that [chronology activity site] had been sabotaged.









Evelyn-B_157 says to me: No! No, you're not getting out of here today, you dumbass!

Hope-J_164 says to me: She means it, dude.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 02/25/10 3:33 PM

but other times I think he was organic and then that leads me to thinking about how I wonder what is the real difference which then leads me to think about how that devalues life itself, or at least, those of us who have been duplicated. So the clone of me the clone shows up and he gives me instructions that he types out on a non-internet and non-wireless equipped computer and from those instructions I know where to find the teleportation device that will transport me into the virtual world that belongs to me, which I have been thinking for a while, contains no mirrors and there is nothing in there where I can see my reflection. So I go to that transportation device and I read through the instructions for activating it and a new aspect of the process, which I now think of from "The Terminator" is that I have to take off all my clothes before I am transported and then I am transported to my virtual world. The reason for the clothes is simply that, for me, there are factors constructed into the virtual world that creates a minor sense of hardship and indeed when I transport I am in the same location where the device is stored but there are no clothes there, or any people for that matter, and I have to walk outside in the freezing rain to find shelter. I am transported to the same location I remember but many of the buildings and structures that I would see at that location are gone in the virtual world. The road is still there but there are power lines or gas stations or many other structures that are useless in that virtual world. There are automobiles but only in new car lots and they don't require gasoline.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5338044/

IMDb

The Leftovers

The Book of Nora

Episode aired Jun 4, 2017

S3 E8

HBO's synopsis for this episode is: "Nothing is answered. Everything is answered. And then it ends."









by me, Kerry Burgess: 21 June 2015

She went before I did but I was already there.

I thought about that extensively. I think I wrote here before about how I tried to find again what I thought I wrote in my journal about it but could not find anything.

I had been there for months or longer. One day, I was passing through New York and I had the urge to drive through New York City. I was thinking that my mind was laboring with the notion I would be leaving there on that day going back to the real world and so I had taken out of my luggage my dress white US Navy uniform I was wearing that day months and months ago I found myself there in my new world. I had parked somewhere in the massive urban city and was walking along when I saw her there on the sidewalk, thinking she was a mannequin. I thought extensively of how only certain new vessels remained and I operated one US Navy ship to cross the Atlantic. We parted at a doorway after stating I would return to Charleston and I walked through a doorway before I even thought to say goodbye turning to find myself alone again.









The Leftovers (2014) s03e08

"The Book of Nora"

Nora Durst: And that's when I understood. Over here, we lost some of them. But over there, they lost all of us. So, I went and did what I came there to do. I went to find my kids. Planes don't really fly over there. They have enough resources, just not enough pilots. So, I found a boat that would take me. No boats go directly from Australia to New York, so it took me a long time to get there.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me - H.V.O.M at 7:55 AM Monday, October 11, 2010

I was thinking extensively about that again last night.

The existence is okay for a while but then it becomes tormenting enough to look for a way back to the real world. There is always something important missing that eventually becomes unbearable.









"The Book of Nora" - The Leftovers

Nora Durst: The physicists who sent me through told me the first person to use the machine was the guy who invented it. His name was Dr. Van Eeghen.



"The Book of Nora" - The Leftovers

Nora Durst: I'm pretty sure they were making fun of me, but they said when I went over that I should look him up, so I did. That took a long time, too. But I found him and I asked him to make another









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: July 15, 2017 11:11 pm

The Leftovers - The Book of Nora - television series episode Season 3 Episode 8 - Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jun 04, 2017 on HBO (Comcast On Demand 15 July 2017)

Answers are elusive in the series finale.



Nora Durst: I knew there was a chance it would kill me, but I made my peace with that. And I said goodbye to my brother and I climbed right in.

Kevin Garvey: And then you changed your mind.

Nora Durst: No. I didn't change my mind. I went through. I was in the parking lot, naked curled up like a baby. It was the same parking lot I'd just been in, except there were no trucks no people, no nothing. It was cold, so I started to walk. I walked by empty houses abandoned buildings. And I found a store, so I went in and there were clothes there-- clothes hanging on racks-- so I got dressed and I got back to walking. I walked long enough to convince myself that I was the only thing alive in that place. And then night came, and I saw lights, so I went to them. It was a house, and there was a man and a women there. They were kind and they told me the man told me that seven years earlier, he was in a supermarket and every single person disappeared except for him. And the women told me that she lost her husband, her three daughters, and all eight of her grandchildren. And that's when I understood. Over here, we lost some of them. But over there, they lost all of us.



Nora Durst: They were happy. And I understood that here in this place, they were the lucky ones. In a world full of orphans, they still had each other. And I was a ghost. I was a ghost who had no place there. And that, Kevin, is when I changed my mind. The physicists who sent me through told me the first person to use the machine was the guy who invented it. His name was Dr. Van Eeghen. I'm pretty sure they were making fun of me, but they said when I went over that I should look him up, so I did. That took a long time, too. But I found him and I asked him to make another machine because he already knew how. And he asked me if I had come all that way, why in God's name did I wanna go back? And I told him it's because I didn't belong there. So, he built it. And I came back through. I came back here. Did I think about you? Did I wanna call you? Did I wanna be with you, Kevin? Of course I did. But so much time had passed. It was too late. And I knew that if I told you what happened that you would never believe me.

Kevin Garvey: I believe you.









From 12/6/1953 ( premiere USA TV series episode "You Are There"::"Pearl Harbor (December 7, 1941)" ) To 9/17/2004 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Stargate SG-1"::"Endgame" ) is 18548 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/14/2016 ( ) is 18548 days



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5527682/

IMDb

The Last Ship

S3.E9

Paradise

Episode aired Aug 14, 2016









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0709076/

IMDb

Stargate SG-1

S8.E10

Endgame

Episode aired Sep 17, 2004

When the Stargate gets beamed out of SGC in the middle of the night, Teal'c is stranded off-world. Dr. Jackson and Colonel Carter attempt to recover the gate.









Stargate SG-1

"Endgame"

TV-series season 8 episode 10, 09/17/2004

(from internet transcript)

DANIEL
A decorated officer in the United States Air Force and a member of one of our government's most top secret organisations is missing, and you're implicated.

[Bricksdale looks down, a hand to his forehead.]

DANIEL
I don't think you're gonna just walk away from this.

BRICKSDALE
They'll kill me.

DANIEL
We can protect you.

[Bricksdale shakes his head, scared.]

DANIEL
And we can also choose to ignore your two million dollar Cayman Island account.

[Bricksdale looks up at Daniel, shocked.]

DANIEL
Didn't think we'd find out about that, huh?

BRICKSDALE
So if I help you, I can keep the money?

DANIEL
We could come to an arrangement.

[Bricksdale sits back, happier.]










the-last-ship_s3e9-2016_00h-00m-22s
the-last-ship_s3e9-2016_00h-02m-05s
the-last-ship_s3e9-2016_00h-02m-17s
the-last-ship_s3e9-2016_00h-02m-32s
the-last-ship_s3e9-2016_00h-03m-07s
the-last-ship_s3e9-2016_00h-03m-11s









Stargate SG-1

"Endgame"

TV-series season 8 episode 10, 09/17/2004

(from internet transcript)

DANIEL
Osiris' ship. So you did manage to get on board?

[Bricksdale nods.]

BRICKSDALE
About a year ago some men came to see me. They knew everything about my work, the Stargate, Osiris. They knew there was a possibility that a cloaked ship had been left in orbit and they wanted it badly. I told them that the key was the wrist device, but I couldn't get it out of there, at least not through the front door.

DANIEL
What do you mean?

BRICKSDALE
One day I was in the lab working on the adapter. The next thing I know, I found myself on the ship. I had remotely activated the transport beam.

DANIEL
Which you failed to report.

BRICKSDALE
It was killing me that I wasn't able to tell anybody I'd figured it out. I had to keep telling them it wasn't working. Anyway, after that, I went back and forth half a dozen times. But at the end of the day, the wrist device was always back where it belonged.

DANIEL
And you beamed the others up using locator beacons.

BRICKSDALE
Well, the beam was the only thing that worked without the command codes. That's where you came in.

DANIEL
Translation.

[Daniel closes his eyes in disgust.]

BRICKSDALE
Osiris worked for Anubis, and Anubis had all his command codes translated into Ancient. And once they had full control of the ship, thanks to you, they had no need for me. They kept a permanent presence up there, twenty four-seven, worked in shifts. I went back to Area 51 and sabotaged the adapter. Project was shelved and no-one was the wiser.

DANIEL
Can you get the wrist device to work again?

BRICKSDALE
Absolutely.









Stargate SG-1

"Endgame"

TV-series season 8 episode 10, 09/17/2004

(from internet transcript)

CARTER
You realise you're killing millions of innocent Jaffa.

HOSKINS
Spare me, Colonel. The Jaffa are a race of warriors, bred specifically to serve the Goa'uld and enslave humans throughout the galaxy.

CARTER
They're indoctrinated from childhood to believe that the Goa'uld are their Gods. They don't have a choice.

JENNINGS
So they're just following orders, right? Where have I heard that argument before?










Pope+Benedict+XVI+Queen+Elizabeth+II+Holiness+adz4ueDxAXCl .jpg, from internet









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted online by me: August 8, 2023

Repeated line to Teal'c: You should be serving your god!

by me, Kerry Burgess: *All* gods are false gods!









Stargate SG-1

"Endgame"

TV-series season 8 episode 10, 09/17/2004

(from internet transcript)

CARTER
There's enough here to kill several hundred thousand people.

DANIEL
What would the ex-NID be doing stockpiling this stuff?

CARTER
I've no idea.

SOLDIER
Gun!

[The soldiers start firing at a man who appears from behind a truck. He returns fire, hitting the nerve gas canisters. Carter zats him. As the soldiers move towards the man, Daniel notices that the damaged canisters are smoking.]

DANIEL
Ah! We've got a problem here. What do we do?

[Carter turns to see the canisters.]

CARTER
It's too late.

DANIEL
Nothing's happening.

CARTER
This doesn't make sense. The effects are almost instantaneous. We should all be dead.

EXT—P4S-161

[Teal'c and M'zel come upon the main camp.]

M'ZEL
You see?

[The ground is littered with bodies. Teal'c is visibly shaken and upset.]

INT—SGC BRIEFING ROOM

[O'Neill is studying photographs of the canisters, rockets etc.]

CARTER
We managed to identify the liquid we found in the warehouse.

[Carter hands a small vial of blue liquid to O'Neill.]

CARTER
It's symbiote poison. Specifically, the new formula we were working on in conjunction with the Tok'ra. [O'Neill carefully places the vial on the table and wipes his fingers.]

CARTER
It's more stable than the original and easier to produce but just as deadly to the Goa'uld.

DANIEL
And the Jaffa.

CARTER
Exactly, which is why we agreed not to use it, except in defensive situations. Sir, the people behind this have the gate and they have rockets capable of delivering the poison in aerosol form over large areas. I think The Trust intends to launch a full scale chemical attack against the Goa'uld, without any regard for the millions of Jaffa lives that could be lost in the process.

O'NEILL
So, they didn't get the memo.










stargate-1994_00h41m06s
stargate-1994_01h22m59s
stargate-1994_minus-00h36m52s
stargate-1994_minus-00h36m27s









Stargate SG-1

"Endgame"

TV-series season 8 episode 10, 09/17/2004

(from internet transcript)

M'ZEL
We know about the attacks.

ZARIN
What attacks?

TEAL'C
The Tok'ra have been using symbiote poison against the Goa'uld. Jaffa of three worlds have been annihilated thus far.

ZARIN
Impossible.

M'ZEL
We have seen it with our own eyes. An entire Jaffa army lying dead on the ground with no wounds, no signs of battle. How do you explain this?

ZARIN
I cannot. But I can assure you that the Tok'ra are not responsible. If these attacks had been planned I would have been informed.

[Teal'c and M'zel look at Zarin, considering her words.]

INT—OSIRIS' SHIP CARGO HOLD

[The Stargate opens. Jennings is at the computer.]

JENNINGS
Initiating launch sequence.

CARTER
You can't do this. It's murder.

JENNINGS
That's where you're wrong, Colonel. It's war.

JENNINGS
Launching in three…two…one.

[The rocket is shot through the gate. Carter closes her eyes in despair.]

EXT—P3S-114

[A number of Jaffa are walking through a grassed area. They see the rocket flying through the air.]









Part Two.









by me, Kerry Burgess, 07/22/2024 1:23 PM

Stargate SG-1 episodes are re-broadcast every date on Comet TV antenna, sequentially, 4 episodes each day, in order of original broadcast tv

I have never before today watched the content of this episode. I knew nothing about it before I started watching it today

Rarely, almost never, I watch those rebroadcast episodes on Comet TV

I deliberately chose to watch *any* episode today of Stargate SG-1 and this is the episode I learned, as its re-broadcast began today, would be presented first today

Episode is nothing I've ever seen before today. I guess that the mindless-drones that followed that tv-series (that they would never learn anything from and is simply entertainment for those slack-jaw yokels desperate to escape their pathetic, pointless lives) would recognize this as a prelude to the 2009 premiere episode of "Stargate: Universe"









by me, Kerry Burgess: March 26, 2019

The typical United States American is childish and naive. Your feeble, dim-wit mind always thinks that movies, are always about *somebody*.

Americans, in their pathetic lives, are incapable of seeing through the messenger to the message.









[by me, Kerry Burgess: the usage of "god" in the context of *any* religion is merely superstition, such as those peddlers of the Jesus Christ mythology superstition. Get over yourself! Superstition never helps anyone! Mass Hysteria! Don't be a coward terrified cowardly of mortality! You Do Not have an Imaginary Friend "up there" in the clouds! Cope with reality! Cavemen invented your god(s)! They were superstitious imbeciles! What's your excuse?]



dictionary (dot) com

avatar

Hinduism. the descent of a deity to the earth in an incarnate form or some manifest shape; the incarnation of a god.

Digital Technology. a static or moving image or other graphic representation that acts as a proxy for a person or is associated with a specific digital account or identity, as on the internet









From 8/13/2004 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Stargate SG-1"::"Avatar" ) To 7/22/2024 ( Yesterday , Monday ) is 7283 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/11/1985 ( premiere USA film "Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins" ) is 7283 days










2024-07-22_1










sg1_806_1458 .jpg, from internet









IMDb

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins (1985)

Quotes

Conn MacCleary: We've done some work on you.

Remo Williams: You better have a damn good reason!

Conn MacCleary: We did. You're ugly.










me, kerry burgess ironman coeur dalene idaho 6-27-2004 .jpg

From 9/11/2001 ( ) to 2/6/2004 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, my final day as full-time employee of Microsoft Corporation in Seattle beginning 12/07/1998 ) is 878 days









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon

Ironman Triathlon

From Wikipedia

An Ironman Triathlon is one of a series of long-distance triathlon races organized by the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC), consisting of a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bicycle ride and a marathon 26.22-mile run completed in that order, a total of 140.6 miles. It is widely considered one of the most difficult one-day sporting events in the world.

Most Ironman events have a time limit of 16 or 17 hours to complete the race, course dependent, with the race typically starting at 7:00 am. The mandatory cutoff time to complete the 2.4-mile swim is 2 hours 20 minutes. The mandatory bike cut off time for when an athlete must have completed their swim, transition and bike varies generally between 10 hours and 10 hours 30 minutes from when an athlete began their swim. The mandatory run cutoff varies between 16 and 17 hours from when athlete began their swim.









Stargate SG-1

"Avatar"

TV-series season 8 episode 6, 08/13/2004

(from internet transcript)

LEE
Anyway, we can store every aspect of your activity in the game and then later choose what we're going to incorporate into our programming of the training scenario. Oh, you understand, as before, once your mind is interfaced with the chair we cannot forcibly remove the connection, or cut power to the chair, without endangering you.

[Carter is attaching various cables to the chair.]

TEAL'C
Indeed.

CARTER
It's a function of the new chair design. Since the whole gamekeeper incident, the aliens of P7J-989 built the shut off command into the internal programming. So only someone in the chair can control it.

TEAL'C
You have previously given me this information, Colonel Carter.

[Teal'c smiles at her, and Carter smiles back.]

LEE
This is a little different this time, because the game will actually be learning from you and then incorporating those changes into its programming code.

[Carter has moved to stand by the monitor which she brought into the lab.]

CARTER
If you're killed in the game it will reset and you'll automatically start again. The chair will only disconnect and end the game under two conditions. Once you complete the scenario, or if you engage the internal failsafe. Which of course, you're free to do at any time.

TEAL'C
That will be unnecessary.

[Lee turns from the monitor panel to look at Teal'c.]

CARTER
Don't be so cocky, Teal'c. The chair is intuitive. It's eventually going to learn everything you know. Now, if you want to stop it before the conclusion of the simulation, just get to the base elevator, head for the surface.









INT—SGC WITHIN GAME

[The security team arrive at the Gate room.]

TEAL'C
Give me your weapon.

[Teal'c takes the weapon and nods for the soldier to open the door. As the soldier swipes down his card in the access panel, the door opens. The super soldier is standing on the other side of the door and shoots Teal'c. The game resets.]

INT—SGC LAB

[Teal'c struggles in the chair, as if in pain.]

CARTER
What just happened?

[Lee is studying the bank of monitors.]

LEE
It looks like the chair induced a pain response when he was killed.

CARTER
It's directly linked to his brain. We knew it was capable of this.

LEE
Yeah, but…it's just a simulation. It doesn't have to hurt.

CARTER
Yeah, see, that's the difference between you and Teal'c. He knows that in a real situation your tactics would be completely different if you thought you couldn't feel any pain.

LEE
Man, that was a heck of a shock.

CARTER
He wanted it to be realistic.

[Lee looks around and sighs.]

LEE
Well, fortunately, we limited the chair from being able to deliver any sort of lethal jolt.









LEE
I don't get it. That…that should be the end.

DANIEL
You're saying he should have won?

CARTER
Well, that was the conclusion of the originally programmed scenario.

CARMICHAEL
But the chair is not disconnecting.

LEE
Yeah, and the game's not resetting to the beginning, either.

DANIEL
Well, that's not fair. You can't win a race if someone keeps moving the finish line.

LEE
He said he wanted it to be harder. More realistic.

DANIEL
In reality, we haven't defeated the Goa'uld.

LEE
Are you saying the game won't end until he defeats all the Goa'uld?

DANIEL
I don't know, you tell me. You said the game was learning the rules from Teal'c.

CARTER
Yeah, but the parameters can't go beyond the base invasion scenario.

DANIEL
Can you get him out?

CARMICHAEL
Not without risking serious neural damage.

CARTER
The game has a failsafe. All Teal'c has to do is quit.

[Lee nods.]

DANIEL
(quietly)
Yeah. Teal'c quit.









TEAL'C
The game has not yet ended.

[Daniel and Carter look at each other. Both are obviously worried.]

DANIEL
Teal'c, I know this isn't your strongest suit but this is a really bad time for jokes.

TEAL'C
You are all part of a simulation, designed to test the SGC's preparedness in case of Gate breach. None of you are real.









CARMICHAEL
His heart rate and blood pressure are too high.

CARTER
How long can he do this?

[Carmichael shrugs.]

CARMICHAEL
I don't know. A day, maybe less.

DANIEL
I thought the chair wasn't supposed to be able to kill him.

CARTER
The physiological effects it can have at any one time are limited.

CARMICHAEL
Yes, but I'm afraid that while each individual pain stimulus isn't in any way life threatening, the cumulative effect is now starting to take its toll.

[Carter and Daniel look at Teal'c, strapped into the chair.]

CARMICHAEL
If he doesn't have a heart attack, he'll eventually run out of adrenaline. His heart will slow down, his blood pressure will drop. His entire organ system is going to fail.

DANIEL
Death by a thousand cuts.









LEE
Colonel? He's at level 28. He's already got the modulator chip, and he's used it to kill the first two super soldiers. He's hunting for the third. Man, he's not in good shape.

[Carter and Daniel watch on the monitor as Teal'c is physically attacked by a drone. The drone kicks and beats him. In the lab, Teal'c reacts to the attack in the game, shuddering in the chair. In the game, the drone picks Teal'c up off the floor and punches him.]

DANIEL
This is ridiculous. It's torturing him.

LEE
(frustrated)
Why won't he quit?

DANIEL
Wait a minute. He's headed for the elevator.

CARTER
He's going to use the failsafe.

INT—SGC WITHIN GAME—CORRIDOR OUTSIDE LEVEL 28 ELEVATOR

[Teal'c collapses to the ground outside the elevator. e is being chased by the drone. He gets in to the elevator, which closes just before the drone gets to it. Teal'c slumps to the wall in relief. he elevator rises and reaches Level One. Teal'c steps out of the elevator. Another game has started.]

DAVIS
(over PA System)
Threat level, Foxtrot, Alpha 6. All security teams to the Gate room.

[A security team runs past him Teal'c stands, shocked.] INT—SGC LAB

CARTER
It didn't work. He's back in the game.

[A scientist monitors Teal'c as O'Neill walks to Lee ho is seated at the screens.]

O'NEILL
You know, I always thought a failsafe system was supposed to be somewhat safe…from failure!

[Lee raises his hands and shrugs.]

CARTER
From the beginning, in Teal'c's mind, the goal was to make the simulation as real as possible. As much as he must now wanna quit, we think the game evaluated his character and decided that if this were a real situation, Teal'c would never give up, under any circumstances.

O'NEILL
Well, it's right. It's also just a game.

CARTER
The game doesn't know that.

[O'Neill nods.]

O'NEILL
So how do we get him out?









Stargate: Universe - "Air" - television series premiere episodes 1 & 2 of 3 - Friday 02 October 2009

Episode Summary

A research team studying the Stargate's ninth chevron is forced to flee through the gate when their secret base is attacked by an unknown enemy. They end up stranded on an Ancient ship named Destiny, billions of light years from Earth.

(from internet transcript)

O'NEILL: Do I look like someone who'd be standing here if I didn't already know everything there is to know about you?

WALLACE: No, not really.

O'NEILL: Right.

(He steps aside as Rush joins him.)

WALLACE: Who are you?

RUSH: Doctor Nicholas Rush. May we come in?

WALLACE: Why?

RUSH: You spent a great deal of time recently playing an online fantasy game called Prometheus.

(Eli laughs.)

WALLACE: Big Brother's got nothing better to do?!

RUSH: Last night, you solved the Dakara weapons puzzle.

WALLACE: Yeah. A month of my life went into that! D'you know what happens when you solve that thing? Nothing!

O'NEILL: We're here. That happened.

RUSH: To complete that particular puzzle, you had to solve a millennia-old mathematical proof written in another language.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remo_Williams:_The_Adventure_Begins

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins

From Wikipedia

Sam Makin is a tough Brooklyn, New York City street cop and Vietnam-era Marine Corps veteran. He is unwillingly recruited as an assassin for a secret United States organization, CURE. The recruitment is through a bizarre method: his death is faked and he is given a new face and a new name. Rechristened "Remo Williams"









https://cinemaretro.com/index.php/archives/8936-DVD-REVIEW-REMO-WILLIAMS-THE-ADVENTURE-BEGINS-1985-STARRING-FRED-WARD-AND-JOEL-GREY.html

DVD REVIEW: "REMO WILLIAMS: THE ADVENTURE ...

Cinema Retro

This isn't a spy-film - or, rather, it is - of sorts. The film tends to be an uneasy amalgam of many genres. Remo Williams is part-super spy, part super-hero, and part martial-arts master. Conversely, the grim sequence that opens the film is staged as a throwback to the gritty, New York City "mean streets" police-dramas of the early 1970s. Following a brutal tangle with a trio of street-thugs on the darkened Brooklyn waterfront, we're first introduced to our reluctant anti-hero (Fred Ward) when his unconscious body is dispassionately pushed into the East River. The bruised and beaten policeman is - intriguingly - rescued from drowning by a pair of mysterious scuba-divers replete with underwater flashlights. It's all been a set-up. The divers have apparently been waiting on his violent submersion.

The policeman awakes on a hospital gurney following an indeterminate passage of time, but no longer recognizes his own mirrored reflection. He had been submissively drugged and made to endure a series of non-sanctioned plastic surgeries. The roguish policeman is, not unexpectedly, both confused and angry. Things become clearer when he is introduced to intelligence operatives Conn MacCleary (J.A. Preston) and Harold Smith (Wilfred Brimley). He learns from these two serious men that he has been selected to serve a top-secret organization, CURE, which - he's reminded - doesn't actually exist for all intent and purposes.

Technically, he doesn't exist. Police officer Samuel Edward Makin, his former self, is now dead and buried. He has been reborn as a mystery man with no record of ever having existed. He has been given a new name for the sake of convenience, Remo Williams, and is told that he's been chosen to act as a sanctioned assassin since "Our cops are corrupt, our judges are bought, and our politicians are for sale."










2004-08-13_1

https://papersofprinceton.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19650916-01.2.6&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-------









From 9/16/1965 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication, Princeton University: The Metamorphosis Of A Policeman ) To 6/27/2004 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, the amateur-competitor number 878, I successfully completed the Ironman Coeur d'Alene triathlon ) is 14164 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/13/2004 ( ) is 14164 days



From 11/10/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) To 8/13/2004 ( ) is 13426 days

13426 = 6713 + 6713

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/20/1984 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication, Princeton University: Lucrative Diplomas - Salaries Vary By Graduate School ) is 6713 days



From 7/12/1942 ( biographical - William J. Powell dead ) To 8/13/2004 ( ) is 22678 days

22678 = 11339 + 11339

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/18/1996 ( premiere USA film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) is 11339 days



From 8/28/1954 ( premiere USA film "This Mechanical Age" ) To 6/8/1993 ( commencement, Princeton University Class of 1993 ) is 14164 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/13/2004 ( ) is 14164 days



From 2/4/1928 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication, Princeton University: Television Sets, Cheap And Perfected, Ready For Sale By Christmas, Declares Electrician ) To 8/13/2004 ( ) is 27950 days

27950 = 13975 + 13975

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/6/2004 ( as Kerry Burgess my final day full-time employment Microsoft Corporation in Seattle beginning 12/07/1998 as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and the deputy director of the United States Marshals Service and the United States Marine Corps brigadier general circa 2004 ) is 13975 days



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0709042/

IMDb

Stargate SG-1

S8.E6

Avatar

Episode aired Aug 13, 2004

Dr. Lee and his team have modified one of the virtual reality chairs last seen in "The Gamekeeper" to host a combat simulation for training Stargate personnel. After claiming the simulation isn't realistic, Teal'c agrees to help the scientists refine it. Inside, he faces steadily mounting hazards. Worse, his own ego prevents him from leaving until the last Goa'uld is destroyed. Each time he dies in the scenario, the chair shocks him. Teal'c must find a way past the barriers of his own mind to escape before the virtual deaths sum to real fatality.










2004-08-13_2

https://papersofprinceton.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19840320-01.2.4&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-------










2004-08-13_4

https://papersofprinceton.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19280204-01.2.25&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-------









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess {me}

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess {me}

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.



by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.



from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 9/28/2006 7:13 PM

This sounds very interesting. In my memory of taking Physics my Senior year at Ashdown, I remember being very interested in the class, but we didn’t cover such an interesting topic.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/about/present/

Ayan Chatterjee (left) and Mark Daly measure piano strings as part of a lab project for professor Pierre Piroué's freshman seminar on "Sound, Music and ... Physics."

9/28/2006 7:37 PM

I think I even have memories of the graduate degree process. I am not sure of the terms to describe the process.

9/28/2006 7:47 PM

I actually do remember... something... I can’t explain it. It feels that I am holding an unmarked, undistinguishable book that I don’t know the name of or the contents but I know I have read it already.

9/28/2006 8:34 PM

A few minutes ago I started thinking that maybe I started at Princeton University in 1972. I would have been 13 at the time as Thomas Ray. I remember that Kerry Burgess started first grade in 1972. But then I decided that I probably started Princeton earlier than 1972 and maybe 1972 was the year I completed my first major degree. Or 1972 doesn’t really mean anything in particular to Thomas Ray; rather it is there for continuity sake for the life of Kerry Burgess.



by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 3:06 AM Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salesman

Also, "Salesman." I saw that in a dream while sleeping recently. I saw myself going through an induction process in the United States Marine Corps and I woke up understanding that I was dreaming of my actual experience in 1990. I saw a document that indicated I was being inducted to the United States Marine Corps with the officer grade of Chief Warrant Officer 2. I saw in the dream another document associated with my induction and that document indicated I had been assigned the informal name "Salesman."









https://papersofprinceton.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19280204-01.2.25&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-------

Television Sets, Cheap And Perfected, Ready For Sale By Christmas, Declares Electrician









Stargate SG-1

"Avatar"

TV-series season 8 episode 6, 08/13/2004

(from internet transcript)

CARMICHAEL
Well, removing the connections while the system is operating is very dangerous, potentially fatal. On the other hand, the physical stress that the chair is putting him under will eventually kill him anyway.

CARTER
Right now, the only way out is for Teal'c to win the game.

O'NEILL
Can he?

CARTER
It seems to be getting harder and harder. Every time it appears he's won, the game adds a new twist.

O'NEILL
So it's not going to let him win.

CARTER
No. The chair doesn't have an ego, it's not trying to beat Teal'c, just provide a challenge that's worthy of his abilities.

DANIEL
Ironically, it's Teal'c's ego that created this problem in the first place. Not that his self image isn't entirely accurate.

CARMICHAEL
If this continues, he's going to require adrenalin to sustain his heart rate, and the thing is, I can't keep him going like this for long.

CARTER
There has to be a way for him to win.










2004-08-13_3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_J._Powell










star-trek-first-contact_00h55m55s
star-trek-first-contact_00h55m57s
star-trek-first-contact_00h56m00s
star-trek-first-contact_00h56m07s










star-trek-first-contact_01h14m57s
star-trek-first-contact_01h15m00s
star-trek-first-contact_01h15m04s
star-trek-first-contact_01h15m21s



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 7:33 PM Pacific-timezone USA Tuesday 07/23/2024