This Is What I Think.

Monday, September 09, 2024

Today is 09/09/2024, Post #2





by me, Kerry Burgess, 09/09/2024

There's enough about episode 6 season 1 of "War of the Worlds" from Epix that I know I have definitely watched before this episode. Today's probably the first time since year 2020 I have watched these episodes in full.

My 15th birthday I was given a used, 20-gauge shotgun. That would have been year 1980. Thedia's newest husband traded his guitar with his buddy for that shotgun. First time I went deer-hunting with it, sitting in a tree-stand one early morning, had it lined up on a beautiful, 4-point-antlered buck whitetail deer and that damn thing wouldn't fire. I was competent enough to know to disable the safety-mechanism first. Not only that but what I liked about it was the safety-mechanism was on the top and in clear sight, unlike the trigger-guard action on the 12-guage I owned later and later the 30-06 rifle. The safety on the 35-caliber Marlin rifle was simply the hammer. The deer ran off when I, in desperation, cycled the pump-action to load another round in the chamber before unsuccessfully trying to fire again. Happened again later.










2020-02-16_4










2024-09-09_3



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 10:55 AM Pacific-timezone USA Monday 09/09/2024