This Is What I Think.

Thursday, September 12, 2024

Today is 09/12/2024, Post #1





by me, Kerry Burgess, September 02, 2005

And I was overhearing people saying things that stuck in my mind. A person in line behind me at Starbucks on February 7, 2004, (I remember the date because I quit Microsoft the day before) comments to another person, in the only words they shared, that "after all that, he quits." I thought about that for a long time.









On Now: 12:35am 09/12/2024 MeTV channel Spokane

The Twilight Zone

A Kind Of A Stopwatch (s5, ep4)

A man is given a stopwatch that allows him to halt time.









The Simpsons

"Treehouse of Horror XIV"

(DOORBELL RINGS) Here you go, son.
"To stop time, click watch.









The Simpsons Season 15 Episode 1

"Treehouse of Horror XIV"

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 02, 2003 on FOX

Stop the World, I Want to Goof Off Bart and Milhouse get hold of a stopwatch that actually allows them to stop time. They are having a great "time" and almost get away with it, until they are outsmarted by the mayor.

AIRED: 11/2/03









IMDb

The Twilight Zone

A Kind of a Stopwatch

Quotes

Narrator: Submitted for your approval, or at least your analysis: one Patrick Thomas McNulty... who, at age forty-one, is the biggest bore on Earth. He holds a ten-year record for the greatest number of the most meaningless words ever spewed out during a coffee break. And it's very likely that, as of this moment, he would have gone through life in precisely this manner: a long-winded and self-centered know-it-all whose sole significant, if hardly marketable, talent is for setting the art of conversation back a thousand years... give or take a century. I say he very likely would have, except for something that will soon happen to him... something that will considerably alter his existence, and ours. You think about that now, because this is The Twilight Zone.









IMDb

The Twilight Zone

A Kind of a Stopwatch

Quotes

Joe: Done for the night, McNulty? Everybody's gone, you happy? You bored ten people to death. You emptied my place like it had a smallpox sign out there. Do me a favor, will you, McNulty? Whenever you get the thirst, go to some other bar.

[drops the beer glass he was holding]

McNulty: [presses the button of a stopwatch he was given by another man who left the bar] I don't feel much like going home. I've seen the movie on the late show. I've even seen the movie on the late late show. Sometimes I even wished I was married. Do you ever get that feeling...

[turns to see that Joe is frozen in place]

McNulty: Joe? Joe. Hey, why you standing that way? Joe? Hey, Joe, say something. You look like you were frozen. All I was doing was telling you how bored I was. And this crazy gleep gave me this watch, and I sat here and I pressed it.

[presses the button again, and Joe starts moving normally]

Joe: And that's another thing, McNulty. You make me nervous. First, you come in here, you bore people to death, and then you make me nervous.

McNulty: I make you nervous?

Joe: You know, something, McNulty? You're the one guy that makes me wish they never repealed prohibition.

[McNulty presses the watch button, and Joe freezes in place. McNulty walks up behind Joe]

McNulty: Something tells me this is a very unusual watch.









The Twilight Zone (1959) s05e04

"A Kind of a Stopwatch"

McNulty: Good morning, wage slaves. Make way for a free man. Good morning, doll.

Secretary: Oh, what's the suggestion this time, mcnulty? If you don't have one, i've got one for you.









The Twilight Zone (1959) s05e04

"A Kind of a Stopwatch"

Mr. Cooper: (about Cooper Corporation:) It doesn't have anything to do with hamburgers, hot dogs, tin cans or national defense. And not one of your 340 suggestions- i repeat, not one of them- has anything remotely to do with this company's product.









The Twilight Zone (1959) s05e04

"A Kind of a Stopwatch"

McNulty: Please, somebody move! Talk, say something! Help!

Rod Serling, narrator: Mr. Patrick thomas mcnulty who had a gift of time. He used it and he misused it and now he's just been handed the bill. Tonight's tale of motion and mcnulty- in the twilight zone.









excerpts

http://hvom.blogspot.com/2024/09/today-is-09112024-post-2.html

by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 1:24 PM

Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home

I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.

Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Today is 09/11/2024, Post #2

From 11/18/1996 ( premiere USA film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) To 9/11/2024 ( ) is 10159 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/26/1993 ( biographical - from Wikipedia: Roy Larson Raymond dead ) is 10159 days



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 01:08 AM Pacific-timezone USA Thursday 09/12/2024