This Is What I Think.

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Today is 09/10/2024, Post #2






2006-11-07_18









IMDb

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

Quotes

Darth Vader: If you only knew the power of the Dark Side. Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.

Luke: He told me enough!










1931-01-17_1

https://diplomacy.state.gov/stories/fall-of-saigon-1975-american-diplomats-refugees/
1931-01-17_2









From 1/17/1931 to 7/13/1940 is 3465 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/29/1975 ( the evacuation of Saigon begins ) is 3465 days









https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000469/bio/

IMDb

James Earl Jones

Biography

Born January 17, 1931 Arkabutla, Mississippi, USA

Died September 9, 2024 Pawling, New York, USA (undisclosed)









https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001772/bio/

IMDb

Patrick Stewart

Biography

Born July 13, 1940 Mirfield, Yorkshire, England, UK

Birth name Patrick Stewart









IMDb

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

Quotes

Darth Vader: Search your feelings, you *know* it to be true!










star-trek-tng_season4-ep1_00h06m51s
star-trek-tng_season4-ep1_00h07m28s
star-trek-tng_season4-ep1_00h22m42s









Star Trek: The Next Generation - "The Best of Both Worlds - Part 1" - tv-series Season 3 Episode 26 - Air Date: 06/18/1990

(from internet transcript)

PICARD: Mister Worf, dispatch a subspace message to Admiral Hanson. We have engaged the Borg.

WORF: Captain, you are being hailed.

PICARD: I am?

WORF: Yes, Captain. By name.

RIKER: Data, is it the same ship we faced at J two five?

DATA: Uncertain, Commander, but the dimensions are precisely the same.

PICARD: On screen. I am Jean Luc

(The viewscreen just shows the inside of the cube. The voice is made up of many speaking as one)

BORG: Jean Luc Picard, captain of the Starship Enterprise, registry NCC 1701D, you will lower shields and prepare to transport yourself aboard our vessel. If you do not cooperate, we will destroy your ship.

PICARD: You have committed acts of aggression against the United Federation of Planets. If you do not withdraw immediately

BORG: You will surrender yourself or we will destroy your ship. Your defensive capabilities are unable to withstand us.

(mute)

RIKER: What the hell do they want with you?

SHELBY: I thought they weren't interested in human life forms, only our technology.

PICARD: Their priorities seem to have changed.









Star Trek: The Next Generation - "The Best of Both Worlds - Part 1" - tv-series Season 3 Episode 26 - Air Date: 06/18/1990

(from internet transcript)

PICARD: Fire at will.

WORF: Launching torpedoes. Phaser spread continuing.

DATA: Still no damage to the Borg vessel, sir.

(The Borg weapon cuts through the Enterprise like a hot knife through butter, almost)

COMPUTER: Warning. Outer hull breach.

WORF: They're cutting into the hull. Engineering section.

RIKER: Geordi, evacuate Engineering.

[Engineering]

LAFORGE: Computer. Evacuation sequence.

COMPUTER: Sealing doors to core chamber.

LAFORGE: Come on, move it, people! Let's go! Let's go!

COMPUTER: Decompression danger, deck thirty six, section four.

[Bridge]

COMPUTER: Sealing Main Engineering.

SHELBY: Data, fluctuate phaser resonance frequencies. Random settings. Keep them changing. Don't give them time to adapt.

(Finally, boom and judder)

WORF: The tractor beam has been released.

PICARD: Warp nine. Course, one five one mark three three zero. Engage.

(La Forge enters the Bridge)

WORF: They are in pursuit, Captain.

PICARD: Maintain course.

RIKER: Damage report, Geordi?

LAFORGE: Hull rupture in main Engineering. The damage is pretty heavy. We lost a lot of good people down there.









O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)

Delmar: So where's all the money from the armored car job?

Ulysses Everett McGill: Never knocked over no armored car. Sent up for practicing law without a license.









The Immortal (1970 TV series)

From Wikipedia

When Richards rejects all of Braddock's offers to remain with him, the billionaire has him imprisoned, but he ultimately escapes.









Space: Above and Beyond

"Hostile Visit" (11/19/1995)

The 58th head towards the alien ship. The Saratoga's crew watch them.

McQUEEN'S VOICE: The dim glow falling upon the dried blood of union brothers in the Manassas eve, still guides our path. Constellations, hidden by fierce Pacific storms in the Bataan sky, remain obscured by rain.

CREWMAN: Good luck, guys.

United States Marine Corps lieutenant-colonel T.C. McQUEEN: The stars, a billion for every life laid down in Vietnam, still shine on us and will guide those who follow.

United States Marine Corps first-lieutenant Cooper HAWKES: What dead guy wrote that?

McQUEEN: I wrote it.









IMDb

Apocalypse Now (1979)

Quotes

[first lines]

US Army captain Willard: Saigon... shit; I'm still only in Saigon... Every time I think I'm gonna wake up back in the jungle.

Willard: When I was home after my first tour, it was worse.

Willard: I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife, until I said "yes" to a divorce. When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle. I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer. Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger. Each time I looked around the walls moved in a little tighter.









IMDb

Apocalypse Now (1979)

Quotes

Willard: Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one. Brought it up to me like room service. It was a real choice mission, and when it was over, I never wanted another.









IMDb

Apocalypse Now (1979)

Quotes

Willard: I was going to the worst place in the world and I didn't even know it yet. Weeks away and hundreds of miles up a river that snaked through the war like a main circuit cable plugged straight into Kurtz. It was no accident that I got to be the caretaker of Colonel Walter E. Kurtz's memory any more than being back in Saigon was an accident. There is no way to tell his story without telling my own. And if his story really is a confession, then so is mine.



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 09:26 AM Pacific-timezone USA Tuesday 09/10/2024