This Is What I Think.

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Today is 09/10/2024, Post #3















draft - in progress









IMDb

Sphere (1998)

Quotes

Barnes: Ask him for his last name.

Harry: What?

Barnes: I want a full name for my report. I'm not putting in my report that I lost a crew member on a deep-sat expedition to find an alien named "Jerry."










2024-09-10_4










DSC01251
DSC01257
DSC01267









Sphere (1998)

(from internet transcript)

This mission is ultra top-secret.
What you translate is for my eyes only.
If you were it,
how would you know our alphabet?
Same way it's configured on a keyboard.
But reflected in an orb,
spherically.
A keyboard, but spherical.
Take a keyboard...
...wrap it around a sphere...
...then starting at the center key, G,
number the letters...
...spiraling out.
- You the man!
- I still got it.
I still got the juice.
Keyboard.
They let you keep those?
Here, you want them?
All we got to do now
is plug in the numbers.
Friends...
...in the 8,000 years
of recorded history, this is a first.
You're now on-line
with an alien intelligence.









Sphere (1998)

(from internet transcript)

Can you hear me?
You've heard everything
we've talked about.
That's great.
This is Ted here.
I'm the guy who decoded
the keyboard thing that you...









Sphere (1998)

(from internet transcript)

Why?
Why?
Why, Jerry?
Why is this book half a book, Jerry?
Why? Why?
What's going on?
He's got G equals one.
That's right.
He's got B equals two.
He's got...
...H equals three.
That's not right.
Harry's got the code wrong.









https://www.youtube.com/embed/Fpu5a0Bl8eY

NENA | 99 Luftballons [1983] [Offizielles HD Musikvideo]

NENA

from YouTube



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 9:05 PM Pacific-timezone USA Tuesday 09/10/2024