This Is What I Think.

Friday, September 06, 2024

Today is 09/06/2024, Post #1





On Now: 12:35am 09/06/2024 MeTV channel Spokane

The Twilight Zone

I Sing The Body Electric (s3, ep35)

A widower buys a robotic grandmother for his three children.









From 5/18/1962 ( ) To 3/16/2021 ( ) is 21487 days

From 11/2/1965 ( ) To 8/31/2024 ( ) is 21487 days









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734576/

IMDb

The Twilight Zone

S3.E35

I Sing the Body Electric

Episode aired May 18, 1962

Recent widower George Rogers, needing loving care for his three young children, orders a cybernetic "grandmother". While two of his children accept her, one of his daughters fiercely rejects her, with near tragic consequences.









The Twilight Zone (1959) s03e35

"I Sing the Body Electric"

(from internet transcript)

But guidance how do you buy guidance for your children? Someone here all the time.
Someone around who cares.
What do you do, advertise? Some kind, gentle soul who will care.
" Dad? Hmm? Listen to this: "I sing the body electric.
" What does that mean? "Sing the body electric" is the motto of facsimile limited.
"I sing the body electric"? Let me see that, tom.
"Inventors and makers of electrical shadows, "effigies, mimics, mannequins.
Dr. Cheyney.
"To parents who worry "about inadequate nurses and schools, "who are concerned "with the moral and social development of their children, "we have perfected an electronic data processing system.
" An electric? Well, what does that mean, daddy? "An electronic data processing system in the shape of an elderly woman built" a woman? Yeah.
Sort of a robot.
"a woman built with precision.
"With the incredible ability of giving loving supervision to your family." Can they build a machine like a human? I don't know.
It doesn't it doesn't sound so good.
But maybe we ought to investigate.









excerpts, unpublished

From 3/25/2007 ( 3/25/2007 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Battlestar Galactica"::"Crossroads - Part 2" ) To 8/31/2024 ( ) is 6369 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/11/1983 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Frontline"::"Space: The Race for High Ground" ) is 6369 days









BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

3X20 - CROSSROADS (2)

Original Airdate (SciFi): 25-MAR-2007

(Galactica: Adama's Office)

Tigh: I'm telling you, Bill. They put the music in the ship. I can hear it.

Adama: I believe you. I'll look into it.

Tigh: You'll look into it? You'll look into it? I am here telling you there is Cylon sabotage aboard our ship!

Adama: Sabotage. With music.

Tigh: I know, I know. I can't quite understand it myself, but... There's too much confusion.









BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

3X20 - CROSSROADS (2)

Original Airdate (SciFi): 25-MAR-2007

(from internet transcript)

Chief: So that's it. After all this time. A switch goes off, just like that.

Tigh, entering: Whoa. No way.

Anders: I don't believe this. I'm not buying this. This is a...This is a trick. Come on! We're not...









From 5/18/1962 ( ) To 9/29/2017 ( ) is 20223 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/16/2021 ( ) is 20223 days









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: September 29, 2017 7:40 pm

Kerry Burgess updated his status.

"Colonel Young's" desk always looks so familiar. Possibly the same I had in my apartment at that same time. Although I had stopped watching the television series by this episode the desk is shown in earlier episodes that I did watch on broadcast new on television.

I am largely ignoring the vivid dreams I have still now in these present days just about every night while sleeping.

***
***
***
***
***
***

Stargate Universe - Trial and Error - television series Season 2 Episode 6 - Aired Nov 02, 2010 on Syfy

Episode Summary

Colonel Young doubts his own sanity when he has visions of Destiny destroyed in an enemy attack.

(from internet transcript)

***

Everett wakes up in his quarters, breathless and with tears on his face. He sits up and stares around the room desperately.

Shortly afterwards, Camille jolts awake as somebody knocks loudly on her doors. She gets up and pushes the wall panel and the doors slide open to reveal Young standing on the other side.

WRAY: Colonel.

YOUNG (a little slurred): Hell, you wanted to be a shrink. Now here's your chance.

WRAY: What are you talking about? What's going on?

YOUNG (nonchalantly): Oh, I think I might be going insane.

(He comes into the room and she closes the doors behind him.)

WRAY: You've been drinking.

***
***
***
***
***
***

Stargate Universe - Trial and Error - television series Season 2 Episode 6 - Aired Nov 02, 2010 on Syfy

(from internet transcript)

***

YOUNG: Well, that's, uh, that's not the problem. That's just one of the symptoms.

WRAY: No, what I'm saying is maybe now's not the best time.

YOUNG (chuckling): Yeah, right. Well, I, uh ... I've been having this recurring dream, only it's more than a dream. It's real. It's about as real as it gets.

(He sits down and puts his hand over his face.)

WRAY: OK. What's it about?

YOUNG (lowering his hand and looking up at her): The aliens from the other galaxy, they catch up to us, they surround the ship and then they ask me to hand over Chloe. And now, the first ... the first time I try to, uh, fight them off, the ship gets destroyed. The second time, I go into a defensive shell but the, uh, ship still gets destroyed.

WRAY: Wait a minute. Is that why you ordered Park and her team to resume work on the weapons grid - because of this dream?

(She sits down beside him. He looks at her urgently.)

YOUNG: Listen, there's something else going on here. I mean, this is like no dream I've ever had before. I mean, I can - I can - I can feel the floor under my feet. I can smell the sweat of the people around me, Camille.

WRAY (awkwardly): Yeah, yeah. It's a no-win scenario. It seems like the only way out would be for you to do the one thing that you don't want to do.

YOUNG: I don't ... I don't think it's that simple.



[excerpts ends - by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: September 29, 2017 7:40 pm]



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 01:12 AM Pacific-timezone USA Friday 09/06/2024