Friday, May 06, 2022

Today is 05/06/2022, Post #2





From (2022) s01e08

"Broken Windows, Open Doors"

Boyd Stevens: They used to shriek. Did you know that? All night long, they'd shriek. Drove people crazy. That all stopped once we got the talismans. Then they started to whisper. I always wondered about that. Your voices tell you anything about that?

Sara: No.

Boyd Stevens: 'Course not. God forbid they tell you anything useful. Keep walking.

Sara: Not until you tell me what's going on.

Boyd Stevens: You think you're gonna stand there and make demands after what you did?









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15505832/

IMDb

From

Broken Windows, Open Doors

Episode aired Mar 27, 2022

S1 E8

Watch on EPIX

with Prime Video Channels









http://hvom.blogspot.com/2022/05/today-is-05012022-post-2.html

Posted by me, Kerry Burgess at 4:13 PM

Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home

I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.

Sunday, May 01, 2022

Today is 05/01/2022, Post #2

From 12/24/1976 ( premiere US film "The Town That Dreaded Sundown" ) To 5/1/2022 ( TODAY, Sunday ) is 16564 days

16564 = 8282 + 8282

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/6/1988 ( premiere US film "Short Circuit 2" ) is 8282 days









http://hvom.blogspot.com/2022/05/today-is-05032022-post-1.html

Posted by me, Kerry Burgess at 12:49 AM

Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home

I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.

Tuesday, May 03, 2022

Today is 05/03/2022, Post #1

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)

Quotes

Belloq: Jones, do you realize what the Ark is?

DSC06317

From 3/30/1910 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication: "Hegel's Logic" by Prof. John Grier Hibben '82 of the Philosophical Department, has just been published )










DSC06317









http://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/5F05

Lisa the Skeptic

Original Airdate on FOX: 23-Nov-1997

% In the classroom, Skinner makes an announcement over the intercom.

Attention, all honour students will be reward with a trip to an archaeological dig. [The honour students cheer]. Conversely, all dentention students will be punished with a trip to an archaeological dig. [The detention students boo].

% Soon enough, the field trip is underway. Jimbo, Dolph and Kearney are
% pick-axing into the ground, wearing prisoner-style outfits.

[singing as if doing prison-like chores]

Jimbo: Gonna dig me a whole..

Dolph & Kearney: Gonna dig me a whole..

Jimbo: Gonna put a nerd in it..

Dolph & Kearney: Gonna put a nerd in it..









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombia

Colombia

From Wikipedia

The name "Colombia" is derived from the last name of the Italian navigator Christopher Columbus (Italian: Cristoforo Colombo, Spanish: Cristóbal Colón).









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 06/22/08 8:30 PM

I wonder if the part where "Marge" says she had to give up her dream of being a stethoscope salesman is some kind of reference to the Welch-Allyn company. I am not certain if they sell stethoscopes but I was noticing when I was in the VA that there is some medical equipment they manufacture that monitors body functions.

She said before that she had wanted to be a doctor and I cannot now remember what was the other aspiration she listed after doctor but I began to wonder if that has something to do with my wife, who is also a medical doctor.









Posted by me, Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 9:24 AM Thursday, November 20, 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastroenterologist

Gastroenterology

Gastroenterology (MeSH heading) is the branch of medicine whereby the digestive system and its disorders are studied. Etymologically, the name is a combination of three Ancient Greek words gastros (stomach), enteron (intestine), and logos (reason).

Physicians practicing in this field of medicine are called gastroenterologists.









From 11/28/1964 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Outer Limits"::"The Inheritors - Part 2" ) To 6/27/2005 ( in Seattle the Patty Murray press conference at the Puget Sound Veterans Affairs Health Care System hospital at the same moment as Kerry Burgess I was discharged from same United States of America Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital ) is 14821 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/1/2006 ( ) is 14821 days



From 5/7/1992 ( the first launch of the United States space shuttle Endeavour orbiter vehicle mission STS-49 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-49 pilot astronaut and my 1st official United States of America National Aeronautics and Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 6/1/2006 ( ) is 5138 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/27/1979 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication: Doonesbury by Garry Trudeau ) is 5138 days



From 7/27/1997 ( premiere US TV series "Stargate SG-1"::series premiere episode "Children of the Gods" ) To 6/1/2006 ( ) is 3231 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/7/1974 ( premiere US TV series "Land of the Lost" & premiere US TV series "Shazam!" ) is 3231 days



From 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 6/1/2006 ( ) is 4181 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/14/1977 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in his privately financed nuclear-pulse propulsion spaceship returned to the planet Earth from solar system deep space from his successful strike in the outer solar system beyond Saturn to divert Comet "Lucifer", threatening the existence of all life on this planet Earth ) is 4181 days



From 12/8/2003 ( premiere US TV miniseries "Battlestar Galactica" ) To 6/1/2006 ( ) is 906 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/26/1968 ( the United States "Boxcar" hydrogen bomb test near Las Vegas Nevada ) is 906 days



From 3/3/1959 ( the birthdate in Hawaii of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 9/30/1999 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication: Professor worship provides inspiration ) is 14821 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/1/2006 ( ) is 14821 days



From 3/22/1951 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication: The Girl Friend-II - 'Girl Friend' Magazine Offers Doubtful Chance For Tigers To Pick Up Good-Looking Dates ) To 6/1/2006 ( ) is 20160 days

20160 = 10080 + 10080

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/8/1993 ( commencement, Princeton University Class of 1993 ) is 10080 days



http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1590206&page=1

abc NEWS

Perfect Gifts, According to Phoebe Cates

By ABC NEWS June 1, 2006

Many people may remember Phoebe Cates from 1980s films like "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" and "Gremlins."

More than two decades later, she has found her true calling in life and runs the Blue Tree, a gift boutique on New York City's Madison Avenue.

Cates, who is married to actor Kevin Kline and has two children, Owen and Greta, lives on New York City's Upper East Side. At her store, she is in her element, able to brainstorm and find the perfect, often-unexpected gift her patrons are seeking.

Cates has become well-known for her ability to select just the right gift for any recipient and now offers tips for "Good Morning America's" viewers.

Bring Some Happiness

According to Cates, gifts should be given out of a genuine desire to bring happiness and should benefit the recipient.

"Think about the recipient in a broader way," she said. "Don't push your own agenda. … Think about them. Too many people are buying gifts for themselves when they pick out a gift for a friend. And one way to do that is to focus on their habits."

For example, Cates said, if someone plays with his or her dog all the time, get the pair something they can enjoy together.

However, she said, it is also important to notice what people do not use.

"How about the last time you brought over a bottle of wine?" she said. "Is it still sitting up on the shelf the next time you went to the house? You probably shouldn't get them a bottle next time."

Other unique gifts can be found if people think creatively about where they shop. Many hidden jewels can be found in the kids' department, Cates said.

"You'd be surprised how inspired you'll be when you go into a different store than the one you normally go to for gifts," she said. "There is some really fun and great stuff in there. One really popular item for us this year was the Abe Lincoln talking doll, which was part of a presidential collection. It's meant to teach kids about history, but was a really popular gift among seniors."

Also Be Practical

Many people think gifts need to be luxurious and extravagant. Cates said practical gifts did just as well sometimes.

"Practical gifts are another great way to be thoughtful, and they work for anything from birthdays to dinner-party gifts," she said. "For a friend of mine who already has everything, I noticed she loves Sweet 'N Low. So I went to Costco and bought one [of] those jumbo containers of Sweet 'N Low, wrapped it up, and gave it to her. It was a huge hit."

Other practical gifts include dish towels or decorative vintage jars that can be used to store anything from pens to candy, Cates said.

For kids ages 2 to 18, Cates suggests the Buddha Board, which is about the size of a laptop and works like an Etch A Sketch with a paintbrush. She also suggested giving children toys they could look forward to.

"A tea set is good for a newborn girl," she said. "It is a gift that instantly makes the room a girl's room."

Another idea is a junior chef set, which Cates sells at her store. The toy vegetables are made of vinyl, and Cates said toddlers could play with them in the bath.

The chef set, Cates noted, "reminds them of this great gift, a whole big set they can play with when they get older."










2006-06-01_1



https://theprince.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19791127-01.2.26&e=-------en-20--81-byDA-txt-txIN-------

Daily Princetonian, Volume 103, Number 125, 27 November 1979

DOONESBURY

by Garry Trudeau









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.









The Simpsons (TV Series)

Burns' Heir (1994)

Quotes

Mr. Burns: All right, let's make this sporting, Leonard. If you can tell me why I shouldn't fire you without using the letter "e," you can keep your job.

Lenny: Uh, okay. I'm a good... work... guy...

Mr. Burns: You're fired.

Lenny: But I didn't say it.

Mr. Burns: You will.









https://theprince.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19130310-01.2.14&e=-------en-20--81-byDA-txt-txIN-------

Daily Princetonian, Volume 38, Number 12, 10 March 1913

Once More Phi Beta Kappa









The Whispers (2015) s01e04

"Meltdown"

John Doe / Sean Bennigan: You're a good person, Maria, but in case I'm not

Dr. Maria Benavidez: I don't know what makes you crazier hearing voices in the light or giving a Colombian her gun back.









album: "Comfort Eagle" (2001)

CAKE

"Short Skirt / Long Jacket"

I want a girl with a mind like a diamond
I want a girl who knows what's best
I want a girl with shoes that cut
And eyes that burn like cigarettes

I want a girl with the right allocations
Who's fast and thorough
And sharp as a tack
She's playing with her jewelry
She's putting up her hair
She's touring the facility
And picking up slack

I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnng jacket......

I want a girl who gets up early
I want a girl who stays up late
I want a girl with uninterrupted prosperity
Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
With fingernails that shine like justice
And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

She is fast and thorough
And sharp as a tack
She's touring the facility
And picking up slack

I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnnng.... lonnng jacket

I want a girl with a smooth liquidation
I want a girl with good dividends
At Citibank we will meet accidentally
We'll start to talk when she borrows my pen

She wants a car with a cupholder arm rest
She wants a car that will get her there
She's changing her name from Kitty to Karen
She's trading her MG for a white Chrysler La Baron

I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnnggggggggg jacket



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 5:54 PM Pacific-time USA Friday 05/06/2022