Saturday, May 14, 2022

Today is 05/14/2022





Lately, as I continue poring over content out there in the real world and mainstream-media trying to find My Answer, I decided I should try to watch for entertainment some of the sort of movies I used to like to watch but that I no longer have any interest in because they don't seem particularly relevant to my current objectives, said objectives being a vague sense of pending observations I will make here in the future, sitting here at this same stupid at this same stupid computer connected to the internet

There's another topic I'm sort of hoping to see some activity on today and that would make for another post about today. Why, I don't know, I don't know what would the point of the activity I am thinking I might see from another person out there in the real world but I've got an extended post in mind in case I see anything, because I can.

Wading around through the swamp of Amazon Prime and its vast trove of titles that don't interest me, I decided a few days ago to think about watching again the 1987 "Hamburger Hill"

I've referenced it many times in my blog, decades ago, and I know I've seen it several times already, although probably not for over a decade before today

Cannot recall the first time I saw it. I know I saw it in late 1980s. I wrote once about how because of that movie, which was probably playing for us at various times on my ship when we were at sea, I started wearing one copy of my military I.D. tags, or "dog tags" on one of the boots of my working uniform.

The premiere date is in the month following my arrival to USS Wainwright CG-28, US Navy. That was my second permanent assignment in the US Navy fleet. The following month we left homeport in Charleston, South Carolina, for the Arctic Circle and port-visits to England and France. Returning to Charleston, January 1988 finally arrived and we were speeding across the Atlantic to the Persian Gulf for a tense, global-news-worthy deployment there

Watching the movie again today, I had forgotten how annoying that starring character is in the movie, that one guy, the E-6. Starts off with him swaggering around with his helmet slanted off to the side that was popular with those lameoid poseurs of that type all those years ago. He looks really stupid and I think also how it could be artistic commentary on how stupid those guys were that wanted to imitate anything they saw actors doing in the movies.

I've rapidly lost interest in this video but I'm trying to make it all the way through to the ending.

Aaaannndddd of course, it is causing me more work. I had hoped it would be so out of context to my present objectives that I could just simply watch it and escape for a while sitting here again as usual at this same stupid desk.

That 1987 production falls into a category that's forming in my mind that is similar to an 'epoch'

The first epoch that I see is from 11/2/1965 to 1984, when I went on active-duty enlisted United States Navy. In the chronology of my original work code pattern, I reference calendar-days before 11/2/1965 but the pattern is always connected to 11/2/1965 and that is how my current software program is coded - all my original work and concept - to present results. Years ago, I demonstrated a variation and that variation does not have to be anchored on 11/2/1965.

Although this code-pattern is absolutely 100% my own creation and discovery from the year 2006, in the past, I have theorized - because I later could not reconcile the presence of this code-pattern being active during what I am now calling the first and second epoch - that the code-pattern was created as, in its first objective, as some sort attempt to instruct me, as though "they" presumed I would sit here now many years later, as I am now, trying to *understand*.

The second epoch is about my time in the United States Navy from 1984 to 1990 but there is some overlap there about unreconciled circumstances in 1989 that seems to be a pivotal, crucial period in the narrative and chronology.

The third epoch begins in 1990, or 1989 depending how you look at it, and lasts into the late 1990s. That's when all the fantastic stuff really happened and that stuff is just mere vague shadows in my conscious mind. Not memories of my personal activities, just the thoughts formed about specific calendar-dates and brief explanation of what that means, relevant to me, which was not me, but which I seemed to have sort of inherited, from a messaging standpoint, from literally a human biological DNA standpoint. Because I was not that person and I will never be that person. All I can guess is it's supposed to give me some context about the future I will someday encounter

The fourth epoch is more difficult to define and it has varied in my research. Currently, I'm thinking it was from the late 1990s to year 2013

So that makes now, this present time, the fifth epoch.

Other memories I have of watching this movie back in the late 1980s, when I was still on active-duty, is it sort of made me think more cynically. I started seeing in other people on my ship the same, silly bluster that made it difficult to take seriously.









Hamburger Hill (1987)

Hey, how'd you get here, Sarge?

Oh, the Sarge...the Sarge volunteered for this shit.

US Army Staff Sergeant Adam Frantz: No, man. I was drafted, sworn in...and had my haircut before I was sober. The only reason I went airborne is Collins.

Who the fuck is Collins?

Frantz: We volunteered for the reality of it. Don't you think I chased woman and a good time...before I got into the green machine. We got our orders from the big puddle. Collins says...he's not going.

You got to respect that.

Frantz: No way. If you don't want to pull on the little people. No sweat. Don't use your weapon. All I want from anybody is...to get their ass in the grass with the rest of us. You don't have to like it. But you have to show up.

No FNG's, no war.

There it is.









From 9/24/1946 ( "American Relations with the Soviet Union" report presented to Harry Truman, 33rd President of USA ) To 5/14/1990 ( departing as enlisted United States Navy Fire Controlman Second Class Petty Officer (FC2)(E-5) Kerry Wayne Burgess - as originally scheduled in May 1983 for this precise date - my Honorable Discharge from United States Navy active service ) is 15938 days

15938 = 7969 + 7969

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/28/1987 ( ) is 7969 days



From 5/15/1984 ( departing as enlisted United States Navy Fire Controlman Second Class Petty Officer (FC2)(E-5) Kerry Wayne Burgess - as originally scheduled in May 1983 for this precise date - my Honorable Discharge from United States Navy active service ) To 8/28/1987 ( ) is 1200 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/14/1969 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Requiem for Methuselah" ) is 1200 days



From 5/15/1984 ( Ronald Reagan, 40th President of USA: Proclamation 5194 - Missing Children Day, 1984 ) To 8/28/1987 ( ) is 1200 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/14/1969 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Requiem for Methuselah" ) is 1200 days



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093137/releaseinfo

IMDb

Hamburger Hill (1987)

Release Info

USA 28 August 1987

Full Cast & Crew

Dylan McDermott ... Sgt. Adam Frantz









https://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1946v06/d604

Department of State, United States of America

FOREIGN RELATIONS OF THE UNITED STATES, 1946, EASTERN EUROPE, THE SOVIET UNION, VOLUME VI

Editorial Note

There is a report entitled “American Relations with the Soviet Union” included as Appendix A in the book by Arthur Krock, Memoirs: Sixty Years on the Firing Line (New York: Funk and Wagnalls, 1968), pages 419–482.

President Truman had directed his Special Counsel, Clark M. Clifford, to have prepared for him a summary of American relations with the Soviet Union. In the preparation of this report, Mr. Clifford consulted several persons, among whom were the Secretary of State, the Secretary of War, the Secretary of the Navy, the Attorney General, the Director of Central Intelligence, and the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The contributions received from these sources who had special knowledge in this field were assembled and summarized in the final report submitted to the President. Mr. Krock states that this report was placed on the President’s desk on September 24, 1946 (page 223). A copy of the report has not been found in the files of the Department of State.



https://www.trumanlibrary.gov/library/research-files/report-american-relations-soviet-union-clark-clifford-clifford-elsey-report?documentid=NA&pagenumber=1

National Archives

Harry S. Truman library museum

Report, "American Relations With The Soviet Union" by Clark Clifford ["Clifford-Elsey Report"], September 24, 1946



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_1946

September 1946

From Wikipedia

September 24, 1946

White House counsel Clark Clifford presented President Truman with a top secret report, authored by George Elsey, and entitled "American Relations with the Soviet Union". "The U.S. must be prepared to wage atomic and biological warfare", the report stated in part, adding that "a war with the USSR would be 'total' in a more horrible sense than any previous war and there must be constant research for both offensive and defensive weapons." In her biography of her father, Margaret Truman wrote that when Clifford said that only ten copies existed, Truman told him, "I want the other nine." The Clifford-Elsey Report remained secret for was not revealed until 20 years later when a copy was given to Arthur Krock of the New York Times.









https://www.history.com/news/winston-churchills-funeral-50-years-ago

History

Winston Churchill’s History-Making Funeral

CHRISTOPHER KLEIN UPDATED:SEP 3, 2018 ORIGINAL:JAN 30, 2015

On a pale gray winter morning, Big Ben’s distinctive chimes echoed through the London silence. After tolling the time at 9:45 a.m., the British icon would remain uncharacteristically quiet for the rest of the day out of respect for another of the country’s towering figures—Sir Winston Churchill. Below the mighty bell, the flag-draped coffin of the wartime prime minister rested on a gun carriage as the biting wind carried the roars of cannons thundering 90 shots, one for each year of Churchill’s life, in nearby Hyde Park.

Upon command, a single drum began to beat. Then came the rhythmic pounding of boots upon pavement as more than 100 members of the Royal Navy moved in lockstep as they drew the cortege of the man who had led the country as prime minister through World War II and later from 1951 to 1955. Military bands played dirges and somber marches as Churchill’s body was pulled through the streets of London accompanied by servicemen from nearly 20 different military units. Four majors of the Queen’s Royal Irish Hussars were required just to carry Churchill’s litany of medals, orders and decorations.

Churchill became the first civilian in the 20th century to receive the honor normally reserved for kings and queens

Churchill’s funeral cortege, January 30, 1965









https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/statement-the-president-the-death-winston-churchill

The American Presidency Project

LYNDON B. JOHNSON

36th President of the United States: 1963 ‐ 1969

Statement by the President on the Death of Winston Churchill.

January 24, 1965

WHEN THERE was darkness in the world, and hope was low in the hearts of men, a generous Providence [ superstition ] gave us Winston Churchill.

As long as men tell of that time of terrible danger and of the men who won the victory, the name of Churchill will live.

Let us give thanks that we knew him. With our grief let there be gratitude for a life so fully lived, for services so splendid, and for the joy he gave by the joy he took in all he did.

The people of the United States--his cousins and his fellow citizens--will pray with his British countrymen for God's [ superstition ] eternal blessing on this man, and for comfort to his family.

He is History's child, and what he said and what he did will never die.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_and_funeral_of_Winston_Churchill

Death and funeral of Winston Churchill

From Wikipedia

Illness and death

Churchill died of a stroke in the morning of Sunday 24 January 1965 in his home at 28 Hyde Park Gate, London. His physician Lord Moran (Later Baron Moran) announced the death at 8:35 a.m. Since 1949 he had suffered eight strokes. The last one was on 15 January 1965 from which he never recovered. He was in a coma most of the time and his last words were to his son-in-law Christopher Soames, "I'm bored with it all."









From 1/30/1965 ( the state funeral for Winston Churchill ) To 2/14/1969 ( ) is 1476 days

1476 = 738 + 738

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/10/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) is 738 days



Star Trek

"Requiem for Methuselah"

Season 3 Episode 19

AIRED: 2/14/69









"Requiem For Methuselah" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 14 Feb, 1969

(from internet transcript)

SPOCK: You were born?

FLINT: In that region of earth later called Mesopotamia, in the year 3834 BC, as the millennia are reckoned. I was Akharin, a soldier, a bully and a fool. I fell in battle, pierced to the heart and did not die.

MCCOY: Instant tissue regeneration coupled with some perfect form of biological renewal. You learned that you were immortal and

FLINT: And to conceal it. To live some portion of a life, to pretend to age and then move on before my nature was suspected.

SPOCK: Your wealth and your intellect are the product of centuries of acquisition. You knew the greatest minds in history.

FLINT: Galileo, Socrates, Moses. I have married a hundred times, Captain. Selected, loved, cherished. Caressed a smoothness, inhaled a brief fragrance. Then age, death, the taste of dust. Do you understand?

SPOCK: You wanted a perfect, ultimate woman, as brilliant, as immortal as yourself. Your mate for all time.

FLINT: Designed by my heart. I could not love her more.

KIRK: Spock, you knew?

SPOCK: I had hoped I was wrong.

FLINT: You cannot love an android, Captain. I love her. She is my handiwork, my property. She is what I desire.

KIRK:: You brought me here to learn this? Does she know?

FLINT: She will never know.

KIRK: Let's go.

FLINT: You will stay.

KIRK: Why?

SPOCK: We have discovered what he is, Captain.

FLINT: If you leave, the curious would follow, the foolish, the meddlers, the officials, the seekers. My privacy was my own. Its invasion be on your head.

SPOCK: We can remain silent.

FLINT: The disaster of intervention, Spock. I've known it.









https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/message-adolf-hitler-and-benito-mussolini

The American Presidency Project

FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT

32nd President of the United States: 1933 ‐ 1945

Message to Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini.

April 14, 1939

His Excellency

Adolf Hitler,

Chancellor of the German Reich,

Berlin, Germany

You realize, I am sure, that throughout the world hundreds of millions of human beings are living today in constant fear of a new war or even a series of wars.

The existence of this fear—and the possibility of such a conflict-are of definite concern to the people of the United States for whom I speak, as they must also be to the peoples of the other nations of the entire Western Hemisphere. All of them know that any major war, even if it were to be confined to other continents, must bear heavily on them during its continuance and also for generations to come.

Because of the fact that after the acute tension in which the world has been living during the past few weeks there would seem to be at least a momentary relaxation—because no troops are at this moment on the march—this may be an opportune moment for me to send you this message.

On a previous occasion I have addressed you in behalf of the settlement of political, economic, and social problems by peaceful methods and without resort to arms.

But the tide of events seems to have reverted to the threat of arms. If such threats continue, it seems inevitable that much of the world must become involved in common ruin. All the world, victor nations, vanquished nations, and neutral nations, will suffer. I refuse to believe that the world is, of necessity, such a prisoner of destiny. On the contrary, it is clear that the leaders of great nations have it in their power to liberate their peoples from the disaster that impends. It is equally clear that in their own minds and in their own hearts the peoples themselves desire that their fears be ended.

It is, however, unfortunately necessary to take cognizance of recent facts.

Three nations in Europe and one in Africa have seen their independent existence terminated. A vast territory in another independent Nation of the Far East has been occupied by a neighboring State. Reports, which we trust are not true, insist that further acts of aggression are contemplated against still other independent nations. Plainly the world is moving toward the moment when this situation must end in catastrophe unless a more rational way of guiding events is found.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096874/quotes

IMDb

Back to the Future Part II (1989)

Quotes

Doc: To intercept the real Marty, Jr. You're taking his place. Around the corner at the Cafe '80s. Guy named Griff. Just say no!









Back to the Future Part II (1989)

(from internet transcript)

REAGAN: Welcome to the Cafe '80s... where it's always morning in America, even in the afternoon. Our special today is mesquite-grilled sushi.

AYAT0LLAH: Have the hostage special

REAGAN: Cajun style.

AYAT0LLAH: The hostage special

AYATOLLAH: You must have the hostage special

All I want is a Pepsi.

McFly! Yeah. I seen you around. You're Marty McFly's kid, aren't you?

Biff?

You're Marty Jr. Tough break, kid. Must be rough being named after a complete butthead.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096874/quotes

IMDb

Back to the Future Part II (1989)

Quotes

Marty McFly: The answer's no, Griff.

Griff Tannen: No?

Marty McFly: Yeah, what are you deaf and stupid? I said "NO!"









From 4/14/1939 ( Franklin Roosevelt, 32nd President of USA: Message to Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini ) To 9/14/1986 ( ) is 17320 days

17320 = 8660 + 8660

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/19/1989 ( the United Airlines Flight 232 crash in Sioux City Iowa and from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the end of Kerry Burgess - *me* - the natural human being cloned from another human being {Thomas Reagan} ) is 8660 days



From 8/20/1948 ( Harry Truman, 33rd President of USA: Executive Order 9988 - Prescribing Portions of the Selective Service Regulations ) To 5/14/1990 ( departing as enlisted United States Navy Fire Controlman Second Class Petty Officer (FC2)(E-5) Kerry Wayne Burgess my Honorable Discharge from United States Navy active service ) is 15242 days

15242 = 7621 + 7621

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/14/1986 ( ) is 7621 days



From 6/1/1974 ( Richard Nixon, 37th President of USA: Statement About the Death of Edward K. Gaylord ) To 9/14/1986 ( ) is 4488 days

4488 = 2244 + 2244

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/25/1971 ( George W. Bush the purveyor of illegal drugs strictly for his personal profit including the trafficking of massive amounts of cocaine into the United States confined lawfully to federal prison in Mexico for illegal smuggling of narcotics in Mexico leading to his eventual desertion and conspiracy to desert from his lawful obligations to the USA military ) is 2244 days



http://www.history.com/speeches/nancy-reagan-introduces-just-say-no-campaign

HISTORY

Nancy Reagan Introduces "Just Say No" Campaign (1 min) TV-PG

In a nationally broadcast message to the American people on September 14, 1986, first lady Nancy Reagan joins President Ronald Reagan to kick off her "Just Say No" campaign, an effort to raise drug abuse awareness.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096874/quotes

IMDb

Back to the Future Part II (1989)

Quotes

Marty McFly: [Reading the newspaper from 2015] "Within two hours of his arrest, Martin McFly Jr. was tried, convicted and sentenced to fifteen years in the state penitentiary."? Within two hours?

Doc: The justice system works swiftly in the future now that they've abolished all lawyers.









https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/clinton/etc/draftletter.html

Frontline Nightline

Bill Clinton's Draft Letter: On December 3rd, 1969, Bill Clinton, then in his second year as a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford University in England, wrote a letter to Colonel Eugene Holmes, who headed up the Reserve Officer Training Corps program at the University of Arkansas. Here is the full text of the letter.

"Dear Colonel Holmes,

I am sorry to be so long in writing. I know I promised to let you hear from me at least once a month, and from now on you will, but I have had to have some time to think about this first letter. Almost daily since my return to England I have thought about writing, about what I want to and ought to say. First, I want to thank you, not just for saving me from the draft, but for being so kind and decent to me last summer, when I was as low as I have ever been. One thing which made the bond we struck in good faith somewhat palatable to me was my high regard for you personally. In retrospect, it seems that the admiration might not have been mutual had you known a little more about me, about my political beliefs and activities. At least you might have thought me more fit for the draft than for ROTC. Let me try to explain.

As you know, I worked for two years in a very minor position on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. I did it for the experience and the salary, but also for the opportunity, however small, of working every day against a war I opposed and despised with a depth of feeling I had reserved solely for racism in America before Vietnam.









"Cibola Burn"

Chapter 20: Elvi

Nothing proved fear like the effort of rejecting it.









Stargate SG-1 - "Children of the Gods" - tv series premiere Season 1 Episode 1 - 07/27/1997

(from internet transcript)

SAMUELS: Kind of wish I was going with you.

KAWALSKY: Yeah. I'm kind of glad you're staying behind.



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 11:04 AM Pacific-time USA Saturday 05/14/2022