Friday, May 13, 2022

Today is 05/13/2022, Post #2





Previously, here on Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home:



http://hvom.blogspot.com/2022/05/today-is-05132022.html

Posted by me, Kerry Burgess at 5:02 AM

Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home

I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.

Friday, May 13, 2022

Today is 05/13/2022

Sean Bennigan: It was like I was a completely different person in the blink of an eye. But the Sean Bennigan that crashed in that jet was gone.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 11/30/07 6:05 AM

I had an odd dream, last night I think, that I associate with that programmed roll the space shuttle stack makes just after lift off.

In the dream, though, I had jumped off a bridge and the water was a very long ways down. I was absolutely certain I would survive the fall though and I was thinking to myself that I needed to take a large gulp of air just before I hit the surface because I was going to go far below the surface. But I was also preparing myself to pull my legs up to my chest after I went under the surface so that I would not go as far below the surface than if my body remained in a shape similar to an arrow. There was also something about someone waterskiing nearby behind a jet ski. It seemed that water skiier said something to me but I don't know how that was possible because he was so far off.









The Walking Dead - "Days Gone Bye" - television series premiere episode - season 1 episode 1 - Sunday 31 October 2010

(from internet transcript)

Rick: Shane, you in the john?

He pulls one off and it falls apart in his hands. Over on the wall, the clock has stopped at 2:16. Rick is confused and he decides to get out of the bed. He is very weak from not having any food or water as well as his injury. He falls out of the bed and onto the floor.

Rick: Nurse, help. Nurse. Help!

Rick calls for the nurse, but nobody answers.









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 10/29/10 7:10 PM

Lately, I have been thinking that what is happening to me now is because I, in fact, am God.

I don't want to accept that because why don't I have a better apartment if I am God?









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 7:10 PM Sunday, October 31, 2010

http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP013240020001&sid=59337&sn=AMCHD&st=201010311900&cn=697

excite

The Walking Dead (New)

697 AMCHD: Sunday, October 31 7:00 PM

Science fiction

Days Gone By

Cast: Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Sarah Wayne Callies, Chandler Riggs, Laurie Holden, Steven Yeun, Jeffrey DeMunn, Emma Bell

Original Air Date: Oct 31, 2010









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 7:30 PM Sunday, October 31, 2010

[ Title: ] Common courtesy









The Walking Dead - "Days Gone Bye" - television series premiere episode - season 1 episode 1 - Sunday 31 October 2010

(from internet transcript)

Morgan: He say something? I thought I heard him say something.

Duane: He called me Carl.

Morgan: Son, you know they don't talk.

Morgan notices the bandage.

Morgan: Hey, mister! What's that bandage for?

Rick: What?

Morgan: What kind of wound? You answer me, damn you! What's your wound?

Rick doesn't respond.

Morgan: You tell me! Or I will kill you.

Rick passes out.









From 2/21/1997 to 5/4/2006 is 3359 days









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thu, May 4, 2006 3:12:00 PM

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 5/4/06

Kerry Burgess wrote:

After my short nap yesterday late evening, when back to sleep after midnight and slept pretty soundly until after 7. Had a dream that seemed to occur just before I woke up. I was inside some kind of missile. Seems like it was an SM2-ER on the Wainwright's launcher and it was going to send me into orbit or outer space maybe. When I woke up, I heard lyrics from that song:

Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear me, Major Tom?









From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 2:39 PM

To: Anne Durbin salvationarmy. org

Subject: Re: Your Medical Records from the VA Hospital

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I met with Dr. Raney on 4/27/06 and with Dr. Doederlein on 5/4/06.









https://www.nytimes.com/1997/02/22/us/space-shuttle-returns-by-night.html

The New York Times

Space Shuttle Returns by Night

By The Associated Press

Feb. 22, 1997

The Hubble Space Telescope repairmen came home early today, guiding the space shuttle Discovery to a nighttime landing on a runway illuminated by new golden lights.

''Accomplished 100 percent of everything we set out to do,'' said the shuttle's commander, Comdr. Kenneth Bowersox of the Navy.

Crew members had conducted five space walks, one night after another, to modernize and mend the telescope. The newly installed instruments should allow scientists to look deeper into the universe.

The night landing was only the ninth such landing in shuttle history. The seven astronauts also began their flight in darkness, 10 days ago.

Commander Bowersox sighted the Kennedy Space Center runway from seven miles away. The 52 new halogen lights were installed down the middle of the 15,000-foot strip at the request of astronauts. The lights helped the commander steer the shuttle to the center of the runway.

The astronauts left the $2 billion telescope with two state-of-the-art science instruments worth more than $100 million apiece, as well as updated electronics, data recorders and pointing equipment.

In the fifth space walk, which tied the record for the most on a shuttle mission, the astronauts patched the telescope's peeling thermal insulation, which had been damaged by seven years of sun exposure. They also boosted the telescope to a slightly higher and safer 385-mile altitude. Orbiting objects slowly drift closer and closer to Earth.

The $795 million mission was the second of at least four service calls planned for the telescope, which was launched in 1990 on a 15-year survey of the heavens. On the first repair visit, in 1993, astronauts installed corrective optics needed because of a flawed mirror. Since then, the Hubble has observed galaxies billions of light-years away and provided evidence of black holes in space.

Astronomers will not know until May, after an extensive trial period, whether the new infrared camera and two-dimensional spectrograph will meet expectations.









From 1/19/1993 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in Asheville North Carolina as United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess I was seriously wounded by gunfire when I returned fatal gunfire to a fugitive from United States federal justice in another attempt to kill me the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/13/2008 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals ) is 5746 days

5746 = 2873 + 2873

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/14/1973 ( ) is 2873 days



From 9/14/1973 ( ) To 10/18/1993 ( the launch of the US space shuttle Columbia orbiter vehicle mission STS-58 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-58 pilot astronaut and my 2nd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) is 7339 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/6/1985 ( premiere US film "Spies Like Us" ) is 7339 days



From 11/9/1993 ( the Stari Most in Mostar Bosnia-Herzegovina destroyed by artillery fire ) To 8/3/2009 ( premiere US TV series "Clash of the Gods" ) is 5746 days

5746 = 2873 + 2873

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/14/1973 ( ) is 2873 days



From 9/14/1973 ( ) To 11/1/2002 ( from Los Angeles Times newspaper: Microsoft Wins Major Points in Antitrust Settlement Ruling - A federal judge handed Microsoft Corp. a definitive legal victory Friday ) is 10640 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 10640 days



From 3/28/1979 ( premiere US film "Phantasm" ) To 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 5746 days

5746 = 2873 + 2873

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/14/1973 ( ) is 2873 days



From 9/14/1973 ( ) To 11/29/1998 ( premiere USA television: "The Real C.I.A.: Enemies, Secrets and Spies" ) is 9207 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/17/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) is 9207 days



From 9/22/1989 ( premiere US TV series "Family Matters" ) To 6/16/2005 ( as Kerry Burgess my official records United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital includes: Date of Admission, psychiatric unit ) is 5746 days

5746 = 2873 + 2873

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/14/1973 ( ) is 2873 days



From 9/14/1973 ( ) To 6/16/2005 ( as Kerry Burgess my official records United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital includes: Date of Admission, psychiatric unit ) is 11598 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/4/1997 ( premiere US film "Conspiracy Theory" ) is 11598 days



http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0511088/bio

IMDb

Andrew Lincoln

Biography

Date of Birth 14 September 1973, London, England, UK

Birth Name Andrew Clutterbuck









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 10/13/08 7:01 PM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090056/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Spies Like Us (1985)

Dr. Imhaus: Doctor

Austin Millbarge: Doctor

Dr. Imhaus: Doctor

Emmett Fitz-Hume: Doctor

[Imhaus exits]

Dr. Marston: Doctor

Austin Millbarge: Doctor

Dr. Marston: Doctor

Emmett Fitz-Hume: Doctor

[Marston exits]

Karen Boyer: Doctor

Austin Millbarge: Doctor

Karen Boyer: Doctor

Emmett Fitz-Hume: [amorously] Doctor

[Boyer exits]

Jerry Hadley: Doctor

Austin Millbarge: Doctor

Jerry Hadley: Doctor

Emmett Fitz-Hume: Doctor

[Hadley exits]

Austin Millbarge: We're not doctors!









http://www.nato.int/sfor/engineers/mostarbridge/introduction/introduc.htm

SFOR INFORMER

Bridge over troubled waters

by Capt. Bente Ravn

First published in SFOR Informer #11, May 28, 1997

Mostar - The war in Bosnia and Hercegovina (BiH) caused much pain and destruction. Many people lost family, friends, and homes and some cities became divided. One of the best known of these is Mostar, the largest city in Hercegovina with 109,000 inhabitants. In 1522 Mostar became the headquarters of the Ottoman administration of Hercegovina. Many military missions against Venetian cities were launched from the city, which came under Austrian control from 1878-1918, and then became part of Yugoslavia. Today it is a part of BiH.

According to a pre-war consensus, Mostar’s population consisted of 20 % Bosnian-Serbs, 40 % Bosniacs and 40 % Bosnian-Croats. There are practically no longer any Bosnian-Serbs in the city, they are living in the mountains south and east of the city. Bosniacs, make up 55 % of the city’s inhabitants live east of the river. Bosnian-Croats make up the remaining 45 %, and live on the west side of the Neretva.

Mostar has a story to tell. It is the story of the Old Bridge, an elegant single span arch built over the river Neretva by the Ottoman Turks. Mostar is an old city, established in the 15th century when a small settlement began to form around an old Roman wooden bridge over the Neretva river, but the name Mostar comes from the old white limestone bridge Stari Most (most means bridge, and stari means old - hence Mostar) which was finished in 1566 after nine years construction for the Ottoman emperor Sultan Sleiman the Magnificent.

On November 9, 1993, during bitter civil war in the city, the bridge was shelled by a Bosnian Croat tank from Mt. Hum. One of its last roles had been to allow Muslim defenders of the "left bank" cross the river and take supplies to their supporters and the population that had remained there. It withstood many centuries, but it could not survive this concentrated effort to demolish it. After several direct hits, this magnificent piece of history crashed into the waters below.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpt from my private journal: 05/13/08 3:15 PM

I had a dream similar to this one just before I woke up earlier. I can still visualize both of them and the only real similarity was that I found myself falling off a bridge towards the water below and that part about the roll, which reminds me of the space shuttle launching.

In the dream earlier, I seemed to have started by climbing onto a bridge, which I don't recognize, that later began to disintegrate for some reason that was not apparent in the dream. There are other details before that scene that I do not now remember. Then I was falling feet first to the water and I noted how green was the water. I had a tremendous amount of time to think as I was very high above the water and I was timing my breathing so that I would take a large breath just before I hit the water, in hopes of making it back up to the surface. I was also thinking of how I was going to pull my legs up to my chest after I went below the surface in hopes of slowing my descent through the water and so that I could return faster to the surface. I was also thinking of how I would point my feet down to the water so that the impact would not break my feet and ankles. In the dream I saw myself just about to impact the water surface and I can visualize to some extent the details about the water surface, which meant I was very close to it. I might also remember that scene because I was dreading hitting the water. The next part I remember is that I found myself on the bottom of the river and there was a lot of sediment around me and then I was trying to swim back up to the surface. I found myself thinking that the exertion of trying to swim was causing me to use more oxygen and I was not certain I was going to make it. I had no idea how far below the surface I was but I have been thinking since I woke up that I was probably more than 100 feet below the surface. I could see light above me, and it had been bright daylight when I was falling from the bridge, but the water around me was still dark as I was looking up towards the lighter section of water.









The Washington Post

Feeling 'Great,' President Leaves the Hospital

Saturday, April 11, 1981

"What are you going to do when you get home?" a reporter asked.

"Sit down," the president replied.









The Walking Dead - "Days Gone Bye" - television series premiere episode - season 1 episode 1 - Sunday 31 October 2010

(from internet transcript)

Bedroom - House

Rick wakes up in a house and sees Duane with a baseball bat.

Morgan: Got that bandage changed out. It was pretty rank. What was? The wound?

Rick: Gun shot.

Morgan: Gun shot? What else? Anything?

Rick: Gun shot ain't enough?

Morgan: Look, I ask and you answer. It's common courtesy, right?










sts-58_rollout .jpg, from internet


sts58-launch .jpg, from internet


STS-58_launch .jpg, from internet


sts-58_2 .jpg, from internet









From 6/6/1944 ( the landings at Normandy begin during World War II ) To 11/5/1994 ( ) is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/17/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) is 9207 days



From 5/15/1984 ( as Kerry Wayne Burgess I began active service for an enlistment period of six years as a United States Navy enlisted seafarer ) To 11/5/1994 ( ) is 3826 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/24/1976 ( premiere US TV series pilot "Serpico" ) is 3826 days



From 5/15/1984 ( Ronald Reagan, 40th President of USA: Proclamation 5194 - Missing Children Day, 1984 ) To 11/5/1994 ( ) is 3826 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/24/1976 ( premiere US TV series pilot "Serpico" ) is 3826 days



From 4/6/1917 ( the United States Navy Cross medal first established ) To 4/9/1946 ( Joseph Wayne Burgess - the first husband of Thedia Newman and from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: he's not my biological father and she's not my biological mother and is surrogate mother ) is 10595 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/5/1994 ( ) is 10595 days



From 10/13/1953 ( Dwight Eisenhower, 34th President of USA: Executive Order 10491 - Amendment of Executive Order No. 10450 of April 27, 1953, Relating to Security Requirements for Government Employment ) To 11/5/1994 ( ) is 14998 days

14998 = 7499 + 7499

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/15/1986 ( premiere US film "Top Gun" ) is 7499 days



From 2/25/1901 ( United States Steel Corporation was incorporated by J.P. Morgan ) To 3/3/1959 ( the birthdate in Hawaii of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) is 21190 days

21190 = 10595 + 10595

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/5/1994 ( ) is 10595 days



http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/primary-resources/reagan-alzheimers

PBS

On November 5, 1994, former President Ronald Reagan published a letter to the American people announcing his diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease.

My fellow Americans,

I have recently been told that I am one of the millions of Americans who will be afflicted with Alzheimer's disease.

Upon learning this news, Nancy and I had to decide whether as private citizens we would keep this a private matter or whether we would make this news known in a public way.

In the past, Nancy suffered from breast cancer and I had cancer surgeries. We found through our open disclosures we were able to raise public awareness. We were happy that as a result many more people underwent testing. They were treated in early stages and able to return to normal, healthy lives.

So now we feel it is important to share it with you. In opening our hearts, we hope this might promote greater awareness of this condition. Perhaps it will encourage a clear understanding of the individuals and families who are affected by it.

At the moment, I feel just fine. I intend to live the remainder of the years God gives me on this earth doing the things I have always done. I will continue to share life's journey with my beloved Nancy and my family. I plan to enjoy the great outdoors and stay in touch with my friends and supporters.

Unfortunately, as Alzheimer's disease progresses, the family often bears a heavy burden. I only wish there was some way I could spare Nancy from this painful experience. When the time comes, I am confident that with your help she will face it with faith and courage.

In closing, let me thank you, the American people, for giving me the great honor of allowing me to serve as your president. When the Lord calls me home, whenever that may be, I will leave the greatest love for this country of ours and eternal optimism for its future.

I now begin the journey that will lead me into the sunset of my life. I know that for America there will always be a bright dawn ahead.

Thank you, my friends.

Sincerely,

Ronald Reagan









Top Gun (1986)

Nick Bradshaw: Thanks, Mav, that was really great.









http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/gulf/script_a.html

FRONTLINE

FRONTLINE Show #1407T

Air Date: January 28, 1997

NARRATOR: Before the planes could attack, Task Force Normandy would fire the first shots of the war. Its Apache gunships had been training for months. Their mission was vital: to destroy at all costs two Iraqi radar sites that would otherwise give Baghdad an early warning of what was to come.










2006-11-07_7



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 08:58 AM Pacific-time USA Friday 05/13/2022