Monday, May 23, 2022

Today is 05/23/2022, Post #2





album: "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank" (2007)

Modest Mouse

"Dashboard"

Well, it would've been, could've been worse than you would ever know
Oh, the dashboard melted, but we still have the radio









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.









album: "Comfort Eagle" (2001)

CAKE

"Comfort Eagle"

(from internet transcript)

We are building a religion
We are building it bigger
We are widening the corridors
And adding more lanes

We are building a religion
A limited edition
We are now accepting callers
for these pendant key chains

To resist it is useless
It is useless to resist it
His cigarette is burning
But he never seems to ash

He is grooming his poodle
He is living comfort eagle
You can meet at his location
But you better come with cash

Now his hat is on backwards
He can show you his tattoos
He is in the music business
He is calling you "DUDE!"









"New Kids on the Blecch" [ The Simpsons ]

Original Airdate on FOX: 25-Feb-2001

[Lisa notices an anchor tattoo on Smash's arm]

Lisa: Is that a Navy tattoo?

Smash: A Navy tattoo? Do you have any idea of how insane that sounds?









https://theprince.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19561010-01.2.18&srpos=8&e=-------en-20--1-byDA-txt-txIN-musician+graduate+band------

Daily Princetonian, Volume 80, Number 96, 10 October 1956

Eaton Leads Double Life of Student and Jazz Pianist, Wears Beaten Path between Campus and New York

SPH Music Major Tangles with Plato And Columbia Recording Contracts

By HAMILTON W. MESERVE

Like the personnel men from those big aviation and advertising campanies, the jazz world (Columbia Records in particular) awaits eagerly the graduation next June of the Class of 1957.

For amid ail the future engineers, doctors, chemists, historians and "humanitarians" to depart next summer is a quiet-spoken, bespectacled young man, slight in build, a little chubby in the cheeks, warm in personal response and with an air of simple friendliness about him.

This is John Charles Eaton '57, a SPH major in music composition.

Columbia Records thinks all this is just fine. However, they are far more interested in the rising sales returns of Eaton's three twelve-inch modern jazz recordings in music stores throughout the United States and Canada.

World Tour

Johnny Eaton may also be studying composition with a graduate seminar and half way through his senior thesis, but the National Concert Artist Corporation is more concerned in lining up his quintet's international tour this summer. It will be the first time in jazz history that such a group has toured the legitimate concert stage from San Francisco to London - and in the same fashion as the metropolitan symphony orchestras.

Such is the life of Eaton, caught between two poles of gravity, his scholarship commitments on campus and his budding musical career in the "outside world."









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.









album: "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank" (2007)

Modest Mouse

"Steam Engenius"

I was born in the factory
Far away from the milky teat










"2010: Odyssey Two" by Arthur C. Clarke, book 2, Space Odyssey series, Kindle edition

Chapter 5. Leonov

The Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov was not a thing of beauty but few spacecraft ever were.









As soon as the shuttle had docked, Floyd tried to find the cabin he would share - a year hence when he awoke









At Max's knock, a green light flashed on, and Floyd drifted inside as gracefully as he could. Though he had spoken to Captain Orlova many times, they had never before met.









Vasili and I won't be spending much time here for the next few hours - please feel free to use our quarters."

"Thank you. What about Churnow and Chandra?"

"I've made similar arrangements with the crew. It may seem as if we're treating you like cargo - "

"Not wanted on voyage."

"Pardon?"

"That's a label they used to put on baggage, in the old days of ocean travel."

Tanya smiled. "It does look rather that way. But you'll be wanted all right, at the end of the trip. We're already planning your revival party."

"That sounds too religious. Make it - no, resurrection would be even worse! - waking-up party.









From 10/12/1982 ( "2010: Odyssey Two" by Arthur C. Clarke, book 2, Space Odyssey series ) To 6/29/1995 ( the Mir space station docking of the United States space shuttle Atlantis orbiter vehicle mission STS-71 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-71 pilot astronaut and my 3rd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall AND from official documents State of South Carolina - sale recorded - as me, Kerry Burgess, the house I owned on Country Club Drive, Greer, South Carolina, United States of America ) is 4643 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/20/1978 ( Jimmy Carter, 39th President of USA: Ninth Anniversary of the First Moon Landing ) is 4643 days



From 11/25/1939 ( from the Daily Princetonian Navy Special, Princeton University: Princetonian Coming Ashore, Sailors? ) To 7/21/1969 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the United States Navy Commander circa 1969 was United States Apollo 11 Eagle spacecraft United States Navy astronaut landing and walking on the planet Earth's moon ) is 10831 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/29/1995 ( ) is 10831 days



From 3/2/1990 ( from the official enlisted {non-commissioned officer} United States Navy documents for me, Kerry Burgess: returned to the continental United States from USS Wainwright CG 28 overseas to Charleston South Carolina Naval Base for Honorable Discharge processing from active enlisted US Navy duty & premiere US film "The Hunt for Red October" ) To 6/29/1995 ( ) is 1945 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/1/1971 ( premiere US TV series pilot "Columbo" ) is 1945 days



From 7/30/1918 ( during World War I, the 1st Marine Aviation Force arrived at Brest, France, becoming the first U.S. Marine Corps aviation force to serve in combat ) To 11/19/1977 ( USA 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment - Delta ) is 21662 days

21662 = 10831 + 10831

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/29/1995 ( ) is 10831 days



From 8/10/1984 ( premiere US film "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension" & premiere US film "Red Dawn" ) To 6/29/1995 ( ) is 3975 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/20/1976 ( the Intersputnik International Organization of Space Communications agreement ) is 3975 days



From 12/9/1992 ( official State of South Carolina documents: "the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, have granted, bargained, sold, and released, and by these presents do grant, bargain, sell and release unto Kerry Wayne Burgess" the house I owned on Country Club Drive, Greer, South Carolina ) To 6/29/1995 ( ) is 932 days

932 = 466 + 466

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/11/1967 ( Lyndon Johnson, 36th President of USA: Statement by the President Concerning the Report "The Space Program in the Post-Apollo Period." ) is 466 days



From 5/31/1723 ( Johann Sebastian Bach officially installed to the post of cantor of the city of Leipzig ) To 1/24/1753 ( eventually the Princeton University, the Board of Trustees of the College of New Jersey vote to move the institution from Newark to Princeton ) is 10831 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/29/1995 ( ) is 10831 days



From 3/16/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate and possibly the date of the secret, doctorate-degree credential from Princeton University, I can only theorize, struggling to understand ) To 6/29/1995 ( ) is 1566 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/15/1970 ( premiere US TV series episode "Bonanza"::"The Law and Billy Burgess" ) is 1566 days



From 4/13/1955 ( Dwight Eisenhower, 34th President of USA: Letter to the Chairman of the Joint Committee on Atomic Energy on the Proposed Agreement for Cooperation with NATO on Atomic Information ) To 12/7/1984 ( premiere US film "2010: The Year We Make Contact" ) is 10831 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/29/1995 ( ) is 10831 days



From 7/3/1955 ( premiere US TV series episode "Appointment with Adventure"::"Caribbean Cruise" ) To 6/29/1995 ( ) is 14606 days

14606 = 7303 + 7303

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/31/1985 ( Houston Chronicle reports that Soviet warships are being watched in Gulf of Mexico by the USS Taylor FFG-50, United States Navy, my permanent {1984-1986} enlisted duty assignment ) is 7303 days



SunSentinel

Space Makes Ideal Venue For Peace

June 29, 1995

Remember the U.S.-Soviet "space race"? The race pitted two superpowers who hastily and wastefully competed with each other to be first, biggest and best in outer space.










619926main_sts-71_docked .jpg, from internet










1995-06-29_4



https://theprince.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19391125-01.2.10&e=-------en-20--81-byDA-txt-txIN-------

Daily Princetonian Navy Special, Volume 64, Number 154, 25 November 1939









July 1918 From Wikipedia

July 30, 1918

The 1st Marine Aviation Force arrived at Brest, France, becoming the first U.S. Marine Corps aviation force to serve in combat.

https://www.naval-history.net/WW1NavyUSMC-aReportEdwinMcClellan2.htm

THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS IN THE WORLD WAR

On July 13, 1918, the first Marine aviation force, consisting of Squadrons A, B, C, and Headquarters Company, left Miami, Fla., and embarked on board the De Kalb at New York City for France, July 18, 1918. This organization consisted of 107 officers and 654 enlisted men, and when Squadron D joined in October, 1918, it consisted of 149 officers and 842 enlisted men. On July 30, 1918, the Day Wing disembarked at Brest, France, and proceeded to its aerodromes between Calais and Dunkirk, where they established camp and prepared the aerodromes for use.









https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/ninth-anniversary-the-first-moon-landing-statement-the-president

The American Presidency Project

JIMMY CARTER

39th President of the United States: 1977 - 1981

Ninth Anniversary of the First Moon Landing Statement by the President.

July 20, 1978

Nine years ago today, the world paused to watch two brave men tread the surface of the Moon. It was a moment without precedent in human experience, a moment when terrestrial life reached out to touch another world. It is a source of pride for us that those men were Americans. Today, the lunar surface is crisscrossed in a half dozen places with the footprints of American astronauts and implanted with a variety of American scientific instruments.

The space shuttle, our next major manned space project, will begin regular, routine, economical operation in the early 1980's. Through it, we will use the vantage point of space to learn more about the Earth's surface features and processes and to improve our ability to manage our resources and cope with natural phenomena. We will continue to develop technology to realize the full potential of space communications and other practical applications of space technology.

In the deeper reaches of space, we will continue to seek to expand our knowledge of the solar system and the universe of which we are a part.

As time and technology take us ever more deeply into the space age, it will continue to be our policy to conduct operations in space as required for our national well-being and to support the right of all nations to do likewise. In so doing, we remain committed to the underlying principle of the exploration and use of space for peaceful purposes and for the benefit of all mankind.









album: "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank" (2007)

Modest Mouse

"Florida"

(from internet transcript, errors possible)

Although we'd often wondered
It was no thing of wonder
The shit that flew from our minds
While wearing stains of fresh fruit
And riding on shoes of horse glue
On this ridiculous climb
With great tunnel vision
We'd built ourselves a mission
To ride on bullets inside
Oh, what a vain description
Of what we have been missing
So why would anyone try?

It was always worth it
That's the part I seem to hide
And the busy ant empire
Put up the closing sign

I wasn't always cargo
I was once kind of my own
I guess I'll pack up my mind
Well it took so much effort
Not to make an effort
Oh, what a flawless design

It was always worth it
That's the part I seem to hide
And the busy ant empire
Put up the closing sign
Even as I left Florida

It was always worth it
That's the part I seem to hide
And the busy ant empire
Has all deserted hive
It was always worth it
That's the part I seem to hide

Even as I left Florida
Far enough, far enough, wasn't far enough
Couldn't quite seem to escape myself
Far enough, far enough, far from Florida
We were all drowsing in cruise control
Far enough, far enough, wasn't far enough

I stood on my heart's porch thinking
"Oh, my God, I'll probably have to carry this whole load"
I couldn't remember if I tried
I couldn't remember if I took my brain out
Threw it so directly at the goal
I couldn't remember if I—
I could have my mind erased
And still not know exactly what I don't already know
Even as I left Florida









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 03/20/07 11:17 PM

There is some kind of post-hypnotic process that has been going on here. Certain phrases unlock key memories in my mind. But I think it is a multi-step process, in that only a combination of certain phrases will unlock something in my conscious mind. It is not that my memory has been erased, rather it is being supressed from my conscious awareness.









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 03/20/07 12:13 PM

As a natural result of my military career, I developed a reputation among the bad guys as someone you didn't want showing up at your site. That made for a very effective investigative tool.









album: "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank" (2007)

Modest Mouse

"Dashboard"

Well, it would've been, could've been worse than you would ever know
Oh, the dashboard melted, but we still have the radio










a-boeing-ah-64-apache-attack-helicopter-of-the-1st-cavalry-air-brigade-KFMWCP .jpg, from internet









https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/address-the-nation-announcing-allied-military-action-the-persian-gulf

GEORGE BUSH

41st President of the United States: 1989 - 1993

Address to the Nation Announcing Allied Military Action in the Persian Gulf

January 16, 1991

Just 2 hours ago, allied air forces began an attack on military targets in Iraq and Kuwait. These attacks continue as I speak. Ground forces are not engaged.

Note: President Bush spoke at 9:01 p.m. from the Oval Office at the White House.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War_air_campaign

Gulf War air campaign

From Wikipedia

Main air campaign starts

A day after the deadline set in United Nations Security Council Resolution 678, the coalition launched a massive air campaign, which began the general offensive codenamed Operation Desert Storm with more than 1,000 sorties launching per day. It began on 17 January 1991, at 2:38 AM, Baghdad time, when Task Force Normandy (eight US Army AH-64 Apache helicopters led by four US Air Force MH-53 Pave Low helicopters) destroyed Iraqi radar sites near the Iraqi–Saudi Arabian border which could have warned Iraq of an upcoming attack.









album: "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank" (2007)

Modest Mouse

"Fly Trapped In A Jar"

Of part and parcel
Well, we're already dead
Well, it's probably been said
That it's always been said that

One wing isn't even enough
It isn't even enough
It isn't even enough to leave

One wing isn't even enough
It isn't even enough
It isn't even enough to leave

I'm gonna shake myself right out the door
I'm gonna take myself when it's finally over
I'm gonna let my own bad self take over
I'm gonna move my arm out with my shoulder

One wing wasn't even enough
It wasn't even enough
It wasn't even enough to leave

One wing wasn't even enough
It wasn't even enough
It wasn't even enough to leave

One wing wasn't even enough
It wasn't even enough
It wasn't even enough to leave

First off Gary was on trial and drunk before we left bed
As things got bad, it wasn't hard to say that he had no idea
Well, I hadn't noticed but the people really noticed
That they really didn't want us around









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preston_Cloud

Preston Cloud

From Wikipedia

Preston Ercelle Cloud, Jr. (September 26, 1912 – January 16, 1991) was an American earth scientist, biogeologist, cosmologist, and paleontologist. He served in the United States Navy (in which he was a bantamweight boxing champion), and led several field explorations of the U.S. Geological Survey. In academia, he was a member of the faculty of Harvard University, University of Minnesota, University of California, Los Angeles, and lastly University of California, Santa Barbara. He was best known for his work on the geologic time scale and the origin of life on Earth, and as a pioneering ecologist and environmentalist. He was credited with coining the term "biogeology." His works on the significance of Cambrian fossils in the 1940s led to the development of the concept "Cambrian explosion," for which he coined the phrase "eruptive evolution."









From 9/26/1912 ( Preston Ercelle Cloud, Jr. ) To 6/29/1995 ( the Mir space station docking of the United States space shuttle Atlantis orbiter vehicle mission STS-71 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-71 pilot astronaut and my 3rd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) is 30226 days

30226 = 15113 + 15113

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/20/2007 ( ) is 15113 days



From 1/17/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) To 3/20/2007 ( ) is 5906 days

5906 = 2953 + 2953

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/3/1973 ( Richard Nixon, 37th President of USA: Remarks at a Promotion Ceremony for Admiral Hyman G. Rickover ) is 2953 days



From 7/4/1976 ( at extreme personal risk to himself my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship successfully intercepts the Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system and diverts it away from the planet Earth ) To 3/20/2007 ( ) is 11216 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/18/1996 ( premiere US TV series episode "Biography"::"Admiral Richard Byrd" ) is 11216 days



From 1/22/1952 ( the BOAC's Comet enters service as the 1st commercial jet plane ) To 6/8/1993 ( commencement, Princeton University Class of 1993 ) is 15113 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/20/2007 ( ) is 15113 days



From 5/2/1985 ( premiere US TV series episode "Night Court"::"World War III" ) To 3/20/2007 ( ) is 7992 days

7992 = 3996 + 3996

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/11/1976 ( the United States of America Public Law 94-479 General of the Armies of the United States approved by 38th United States President Gerald Ford and from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: applies personally and professionally to my biological brother United States Navy Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan ) is 3996 days



From 5/1/1973 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: my biological brother Thomas Reagan the medical-doctor graduate of Princeton University graduates University of Oxford, England, with law degree doctorate ) To 3/20/2007 ( ) is 12376 days

12376 = 6188 + 6188

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/12/1982 ( "2010: Odyssey Two" by Arthur C. Clarke, book 2, Space Odyssey series ) is 6188 days



From 8/17/1960 ( premiere US film "The Time Machine" & the Soviet Union trial of the United States Central Intelligence Agency pilot Gary Powers begins in Moscow Russia Soviet Union ) To 3/20/2007 ( ) is 17016 days

17016 = 8508 + 8508

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/17/1989 ( premiere US film "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" ) is 8508 days



From 12/1/1949 ( premiere US film "Battleground" ) To 3/20/2007 ( ) is 20928 days

20928 = 10464 + 10464

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/27/1994 ( the US NASA Stargazer Pegasus rocket failure ) is 10464 days



From 3/19/1912 ( from Wikipedia on the global-internetwork: Thomas Harrison Montgomery Jr. dead ) To 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 30226 days

30226 = 15113 + 15113

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/20/2007 ( ) is 15113 days



From 1/30/1964 ( Lyndon Johnson, 36th President of USA: Remarks Upon Conferring the American Heart Association Award Upon Admiral Rickover ) To 6/16/2005 ( as Kerry Burgess my official records United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital includes: Date of Admission, psychiatric unit ) is 15113 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/20/2007 ( ) is 15113 days



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Were_Dead_Before_the_Ship_Even_Sank

We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank

From Wikipedia

Released March 20, 2007

We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank is the fifth studio album by American alternative rock band Modest Mouse

It followed their previous studio album, 2004's Good News for People Who Love Bad News.

It has a strong nautical theme and was originally envisioned as a concept album about a boat crew that dies in every song.

This album was certified Gold by the RIAA on June 11, 2009. As of February 2015, it has sold 649,000 copies in the US.










2007-03-20_1









https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/modest-mouse-we-were-dead-before-the-ship-even-sank/

Review: Modest Mouse, We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank

Is it possible to write a review of the new Modest Mouse record without mentioning “Float On”?

By Jimmy Newlin on April 2, 2007

Release Date: March 20, 2007









album: "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank" (2007)

Modest Mouse

"Missed The Boat"

(from internet transcript, errors possible)

While we're on the subject
Could we change the subject now?
I was knocking on your ear's door
But you were always out
Looking towards the future
We were begging for the past
Well, we knew we had the good things
But those never seemed to last
Oh, please just last

Everyone's unhappy
Everyone's ashamed
Well, we all just got caught looking
At somebody else's page
Well, nothing ever went
Quite exactly as we planned
Our ideas held no water
But we used them like a dam

Oh, and we carried it all so well
As if we got a new position
Oh, and I laugh all the way to Hell
Saying, "Yes, this is a fine promotion."
Oh, and I laugh all the way to Hell

Of course everyone goes crazy
Over such and such and such
We made ourselves a pillar
We just used it as a crutch
We were certainly uncertain
At least, I'm pretty sure I am
Well, we didn't need the water
But we just built that good-God-dam

Oh, and I know this of myself
I assume as much for other people
Oh, and I know this of myself
We've listened more to life's end-gong than
The sound of life's sweet bells

Was it ever worth it?
Was there all that much to gain?
Well, we knew we'd missed the boat
And we'd already missed the plane
We didn't read the invite
We just dance at our own wake
All our favorites were a-playing
So we could shake, shake, shake, shake, shake

Tiny curtain's open
And we heard the tiny clap of little hands
A tiny man would tell a little joke
And get a tiny laugh from all the folks
Sitting, drifting around on bubbles, and
Thinking it was us that carried them
When we finally got it figured out
That we had truly missed the boat

Oh, and we carried it all so well
As if we got a new position
Oh, and we owned all the tools ourselves
But not the skills to make a shelf with
Oh, what useless tools ourselves










Martha-Kent_superman_returns .jpg, from internet









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348150/quotes

IMDb

Superman Returns (2006)

Quotes

Clark Kent: [explaning to his mother about his journey to the remains of Krypton as Superman] That place was a graveyard... but I'm all that's left.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348150/quotes

IMDb

Superman Returns (2006)

Quotes

Lois Lane: Let's start with the big question. Where'd you go?

Superman: To Krypton.

Lois Lane: But you told me it was destroyed. Ages ago.

Superman: It was. But when astronomers thought they found it... I had to see for myself.










DSC02299 superman returns









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 9:59 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal June 28, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

Last night I was remembering a time at Microsoft. It would have been in 1999 and I think it was during that presentations skills class Suzanne got me into. She asked me to go out after work for some drinks. I remember telling her I was sad when I came back from the Persian Gulf in 1988 and my girlfriend broke up with me. I remember we were sitting there talking and Bonnie Raitt's "Let's give them something to talk about" started playing.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348150/quotes

IMDb

Superman Returns (2006)

Quotes

Clark Kent: Yeah. Well, you know, things change. I mean, of course things change, but sometimes things that you didn't think would change

[struggles to find the right wording]

Clark Kent: - could - change. Take Lois. A woman like her, I never thought she'd settle down.

Jimmy Olsen: You know, if you ask me - 'cause she'll never tell you this - but, if you ask me, she's still in love with You-Know-Who.

[takes a swig of beer]

Clark Kent: [slowly turns to look disconcertedly at Jimmy









From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 9:59 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal June 28, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

If I really do know her, as well as these other people, this is an example of why Bill Gates has been stalking me, because he wants a cut of the action. And he is willing to kill to cover it up when he got caught stealing from me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Roberts

As of January 2006, Roberts' films have grossed 2.09 billion at the American Box Office making her the biggest female movie star in history.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348150/quotes

IMDb

Superman Returns (2006)

Quotes

Jimmy Olsen: [leans over an unsuspecting Clark who is holding a family photo of Lois, Jason, and Richard] Ha, yea! He looks just like his mom. Already takes after her too, especially when it comes to getting into trouble.

Clark Kent: [obviously confused] Mother?

Jimmy Olsen: Oh yea, well I guess you've been gone. Fearless reporter Lois Lane is a mommy.

Clark Kent: [cracks the glass and winces]









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268695/quotes

IMDb

The Time Machine (2002)

Quotes

Mara: Why have you come here? Why have you traveled through time?

Alexander Hartdegen: To have a question answered.

Mara: A question?

Alexander Hartdegen: Yes. Why can't I change the past?

Mara: Why would you want to?

[a look of realization]

Mara: You've lost someone. Someone you loved very much.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: August 2, 2006

Commence counter-stalking at destination. Catalog all observers as targets for surveillance.









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: August 2, 2006

And DAMN if "Superman Returns" doesn't start off with something similar to what I wrote the other day. The shuttle stays connected to the carrier aircraft and takes them both up higher into the atmosphere. I wrote something about the Pegasus doing that to the Stargazer in 1994, presuming that happened to me.

"Superman returns from nowhere to save shuttle from destruction"









From 7/19/1989 ( the United Airlines Flight 232 crash in Sioux City Iowa and from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the end of Kerry Burgess - *me* - the natural human being cloned from another human being {Thomas Reagan} ) To 6/28/2006 ( ) is 6188 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/12/1982 ( "2010: Odyssey Two" by Arthur C. Clarke, book 2, Space Odyssey series ) is 6188 days



From 6/27/1994 ( the US NASA Stargazer Pegasus rocket failure ) To 6/28/2006 ( ) is 4384 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/3/1977 ( Jimmy Carter, 39th President of USA: Executive Order 12019 - Defense Meritorious Service Medal ) is 4384 days



From 2/21/1997 ( the landing of the US space shuttle Discovery orbiter vehicle mission STS-82 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-82 pilot astronaut and my 4th official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 6/28/2006 ( ) is 3414 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/9/1975 ( premiere USA television "Search for the Gods" ) is 3414 days



From 6/27/2004 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, the amateur-competitor number 878, I successfully completed the Ironman Coeur d'Alene triathlon ) To 6/28/2006 ( ) is 731 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/3/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Tarzan"::"The Last of the Supermen" ) is 731 days



From 11/28/1964 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Outer Limits"::"The Inheritors - Part 2" ) To 7/24/2005 ( premiere US film "Sky High" ) is 14848 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/28/2006 ( ) is 14848 days



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348150/releaseinfo

IMDb

Superman Returns (2006)

Release Info

USA 28 June 2006

Full Cast & Crew

Brandon Routh ... Clark Kent / Superman









album: "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank" (2007)

Modest Mouse

"Parting Of The Sensory"

(from internet transcript, errors possible)

There's no work in walking in to fuel the talk
I would grab my shoes, and then away I'd walk
Through all the stubborn beauty, I'd start at the dawn
Until the sun had fully stopped
Never walking away from
Just a way to pull apart
Dehydrate back into minerals
A lifelong walk to the
Same exact spot

Carbon's anniversary
The parting of the sensory
Old, old mystery
The parting of the sensory

Who the hell made you the boss?
We placed our chips in all the right spots
But still lost
Any shithead who had ever walked
Could take the ship and do a much finer job
These fit like clothes made out of wasps
Aw, fuck it, I guess I lost

The parting of the sensory
Carbon's anniversary
Just part it again if you please
Carbon's anniversary

Who the hell made you the boss?
If you say what to do, I know when not to stop
If you were the ship, who would ever get on?
The weather changed it for the worse
And came down on us like it had been rehearsed
Unlikely hope, but change will surely come
It'd be awful for most, but really good for some
I took a trip to the exact same spot
We pulled the trigger, but we forgot to cock
And every single shot
Aw, fuck it, I guess we lost

Someday you will die and somehow
Something's gonna steal your carbon, hey
Someday you will die and somehow
Something's gonna steal your carbon, hey-hey-hey
Well, someday you will die somehow
And something's gonna steal your carbon
(Someday you will die somehow
And something's gonna steal your)
Someday you will die and someone's
Or something will steal your carbon
(Someday you will die somehow
And something's gonna steal your)
Someday something will die
And somehow you'll figure out how often
You will die somehow
And something's gonna steal your carbon
Something will die
And you will probably just steal its carbon
Someday you will die somehow
And something's gonna steal your carbon, hey-hey-hey
Someday, somehow, or something will die
And you will steal its carbon
Somehow you will die and you will figure out how often
You will die somehow
And something's gonna steal your carbon
Someday you will die somehow
And someone's gonna steal your carbon, hey
Someday you will die, and somehow
You will figure out how often

Someday you will die somehow
And something's gonna steal your carbon
You will die and somehow
It's gonna steal your
Always have to figure out and find out
We were bathed in carbon
You will figure out that somehow you will
Well, someday you will die somehow
And someone's gonna steal your carbon









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086837/quotes

IMDb

2010: The Year We Make Contact (1984)

Quotes

Dr. Heywood Floyd: [Looks around the table to see the cosmonauts all nervous and edgy; sighs, takes off glasses] All right, what's going on here?

Tanya Kirbuk: What do you mean?

Dr. Heywood Floyd: Well, I may not be the swiftest guy in the world, even when I'm not hung over, but I do seem to remember a process where you people ask me questions and I give you answers and then I ask questions and you give me answers and that's the way we find out things. I think I read that in a manual somewhere.

Tanya Kirbuk: Your government wanted us to awaken you when we reported our findings. We did that. You are here to help us reactivate the Discovery and its computer systems because that is United States territory. You are authorized to observe other aspects of our mission. We have no other obligation.

Dr. Vladimir Rudenko: A lot has happened while you have been asleep.

Dr. Vasili Orlov: It is not our choice.

Tanya Kirbuk: The problem in Central America is growing worse.

Dr. Heywood Floyd: This looks as if you've detected the presence of chlorophyll.

Tanya Kirbuk: [interrupts him] The United States is threatening a naval blockade.

Dr. Heywood Floyd: [interrupts her in turn] There's nothing but ice down there so how can there be any chlorophyll?

Tanya Kirbuk: [interrupts him again] You know and I know that my country cannot allow a blockade.

Dr. Heywood Floyd: How fast it is moving?

Tanya Kirbuk: [continues to talk over him] We are under instruction...

Dr. Heywood Floyd: Listen, just because our governments are behaving like asses doesn't mean we have to. We're supposed to be scientists, not politicians, how fast?

Tanya Kirbuk: Doctor Floyd, I am also an officer of the Soviet Air Force...

Dr. Heywood Floyd: HOW FAST?

Dr. Vasili Orlov: One meter per minute.

Dr. Heywood Floyd: [speaking to her] Don't worry, I'm just observing.

[speaking to him]

Dr. Heywood Floyd: Toward the sun?

Dr. Vasili Orlov: Yes.

Dr. Heywood Floyd: That's incredible.

Tanya Kirbuk: We are going to send a probe down.

Dr. Heywood Floyd: GOOD.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambrian_explosion

Cambrian explosion

From Wikipedia

The Cambrian explosion, Cambrian radiation, Cambrian diversification, or The Biological Big Bang refers to an interval of time approximately 538.8 million years ago in the Cambrian Period when practically all major animal phyla started appearing in the fossil record. It lasted for about 13 – 25 million years and resulted in the divergence of most modern metazoan phyla. The event was accompanied by major diversification in other groups of organisms as well.

Before early Cambrian diversification, most organisms were relatively simple, composed of individual cells, or small multicellular organisms, occasionally organized into colonies. As the rate of diversification subsequently accelerated, the variety of life became much more complex, and began to resemble that of today. Almost all present-day animal phyla appeared during this period.



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 6:57 PM Pacific-time USA Monday 05/23/2022