Monday, June 29, 2009

If you didn't want me to save you when you needed me to then I will not.




>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Fri, 2/3/06 6:03 PM

Until I got back online an hour ago, I had completely forgotten even the month when I entered into this newest hobo warehouse.


<<<<<





>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Captain's sleep journal.

Sun, 2/5/06 9:21 AM


JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Re: Sleep journal - 2/9/06

Only remember a brief part of my dreams last night. It feels like there was more dreaming but I can only remember what seems like the last part. This felt like a normal dream and not one that was what I consider "suggested" or "manipulated." This recent dream was of me sitting in a room with three other guys. We were all wearing U.S. Navy uniforms and it seemed to be some kind of waiting room. I was enroute to a new assignment, a ship somewhere. One of the guys seemed to be a CPO, another was a LT. The third guy was a buddy of mine from the Wainwright, except that the uniform he was wearing was only similar to a U.S. Navy uniform but really wasn't. I walked out of the room with someone that I don't think was one of the first group. I was walking down some stairs.

My sleep pattern has changed over the past few days since I haven't experienced one of the foreign dreams. I am sleeping later. For the first time in a long time, I didn't get up to watch the 5 a.m. news, which is a bummer, but in all reality is a silly thing to feel bad about anyway.

<<<<<





>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Sleep journal 2/27/06

There was a bunch of stuff in my dreams last night, but I only remember one part. I was also very tired when I woke up, but couldn't go back to sleep. The part of the dream I do remember is where I was walking down some stairs. It seemed to be outside, as in stairs leading down the outside of a building, a factory maybe. I am thinking it was at the end of something, a conclusion of something. I turned around after going down a couple of the stairs and was organizing some stuff, books maybe. I couldn't get them all together or something and I think I was going to have to make a second trip to bring them all down. Within the boxes and books, I pulled out a hat and put it on. It was a U.S. Navy Officer's cover.

Today I am also thinking back to that dream I had in my last days at Microsoft. I told a friend about it. I dreamed that someone had set off two bombs and I was watching the towering clouds from the explosions rising high into the atmosphere. I was baffled at how people were going around their normal business like nothing had happened. There was one person I recognized, a guy that was on the same team as I. I didn't understand why no one was concerned.

<<<<<










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/nextgeneration/season7/tng-725.txt

STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION

"All Good Things... "


PICARD
Q... even you could not be capable of such an act --

Q
I? There you go again, blaming me for everything. Well, this time I'm not your enemy. I am not the one who causes the annihilation of mankind.

(beat)

You are.

PICARD

Me...


51 CONTINUED: (5)


Q
That's right. You're doing it right now... you've already done it... and you will do it yet again.

PICARD
What sort of meaningless doubletalk is that?

Q sighs.

Q
He doesn't understand. I have only myself to blame, I suppose. I believed in you... I thought you had potential... but apparently I was wrong.

(beat)

May whatever God you believe in have mercy on your soul. This court stands adjourned.










http://www.cswap.com/1986/Star_Trek_IV:_The_Voyage_Home/cap/en/25fps/a/00_10

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home


:10:12
Captain's log, stardate 8390.


(DVD)[ Captain Kirk: We're in the third month of our Vulcan exile.

And it was Dr. McCoy, with a fine sense of historical irony, who decided on a name for our captured Klingon vessel.

And like those mutineers of 500 years ago, we, too, have a hard choice to make. ]


:10:30
Dr McCoy, Mr Scott, Uhura,
Chekov, Sulu...

:10:37
Aye, sir.


[ Captain Kirk: Let the record show, ]


:10:40
The commander and the crew
of the late Starship Enterprise

:10:45
have voted to return to Earth,

:10:48
to face the consequences of their
actions in the rescue of Capt. Spock.

:10:55
Thank you all.
Repair stations, please.

:11:00
Mr Scott, how soon
can we be underway?

:11:03
One more day.
Damage control is easy.

:11:06
Reading Klingon is hard.


[ Dr. McCoy: You'd think they could at least send a ship.

It's bad enough to be court-martialed and spend the rest of our lives mining borite but to have to go home in this Klingon flea trap. ]


[ Captain Kirk: We could learn a thing or two from this flea trap.


:11:20
This flea trap has a cloaking device
that cost us a lot.


[ Dr. McCoy: I just wish we could cloak the stench. ]










>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Rise Above

Fri, 3/3/06 3:22 PM

This was a pleasant surprise. I was disappointed though when I first saw them that they were preparing to leave. I think this is the one at the link below. I love these ships. Who needs a parade when you can watch a U.S. Navy warship getting underway? If I could choose any ship I wanted for a personal yacht, it would be a Burke-class destroyer.

http://www.momsen.navy.mil/

<<<<<










>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/07/07 3:57 AM
How long have you called me "Buster"?

I find it rather endearing, actually, if it is something you have done for a long time.

<<<<<



>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/07/07 9:54 AM
It just makes no sense to me why we have to spend another lousy minute apart.

<<<<<










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buster

Buster

Buster may refer to:


Buster, a fighter pilot brevity code signaling an aircraft to use maximum continuous power










http://www.lyricsfreak.com/w/whitesnake/here+i+go+again_20146215.html

Whitesnake › Here I Go Again


I dont know where Im going
But, I sure know where Ive been
Hanging on the promises
In songs of yesterday
An Ive made up my mind,
I aint wasting no more time
But, here I go again
Here I go again

Tho I keep searching for an answer,
I never seem to find what Im looking for
Oh lord, I pray
You give me strength to carry on,
cos I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams

An here I go again on my own
Goin down the only road Ive ever known,
Like a hobo* I was born to walk alone
An Ive made up my mind
I aint wasting no more time

Im just another heart in need of rescue,
Waiting on loves sweet charity
An Im gonna hold on
For the rest of my days,
cos I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams

An here I go again on my own
Goin down the only road Ive ever known,
Like a hobo* I was born to walk alone
An Ive made up my mind
I aint wasting no more time

But, here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go...

An Ive made up my mind,
I aint wasting no more time

An here I go again on my own
Goin down the only road Ive ever known,
Like a hobo I was born to walk alone
cos I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams

An here I go again on my own
Goin down the only road Ive ever known,
Like a hobo I was born to walk alone
An Ive made up my mind
I aint wasting no more time...

But, here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go,
Here I go again...

* in the 1987 version this word is changed to drifter.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_%26_Sinners_(Whitesnake_album)

Saints & Sinners (Whitesnake album)

Studio album by Whitesnake

Released 20 November 1982

Track listing

1."Young Blood"
2."Rough an' Ready"
3."Bloody Luxury"
4."Victim of Love"
5."Crying in the Rain 82"
6."Here I Go Again 82"
7."Love an' Affection"
8."Rock an' Roll Angels"
9."Dancing Girls"
10."Saints an' Sinners"

For Here I Go Again and Crying in the Rain, the "82" is not part of the song titles. Rather, it is included to differentiate from the 1987 remakes from the band's self-titled album.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox

Paradox

A paradox is a statement or group of statements that leads to a contradiction or a situation which defies intuition; or, it can be an apparent contradiction that actually expresses a non-dual truth (cf. Koan, Catuskoti).










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self_fulfilling_prophecy

Self-fulfilling prophecy

A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that directly or indirectly causes itself to become true, by the very terms of the prophecy itself, due to positive feedback between belief and behavior. Although examples of such prophecies can be found in literature as far back as ancient Greece and ancient India, it is 20th-century sociologist Robert K. Merton who is credited with coining the expression "self-fulfilling prophecy" and formalizing its structure and consequences. In his book Social Theory and Social Structure, Merton gives as a feature of the self-fulfilling prophecy:

"The self-fulfilling prophecy is, in the beginning, a false definition of the situation evoking a new behaviour which makes the original false conception come 'true'. This specious validity of the self-fulfilling prophecy perpetuates a reign of error. For the prophet will cite the actual course of events as proof that he was right from the very beginning."

In other words, a prophecy declared as truth when it is actually false may sufficiently influence people, either through fear or logical confusion, so that their reactions ultimately fulfill the once-false prophecy.










http://www.lyricsondemand.com/p/pinkfloydlyrics/comingbacktolifelyrics.html

Pink Floyd Lyrics

Coming Back To Life Lyrics


Where were you when I was burned and broken
While the days slipped by from my window watching
Where were you when I was hurt and helpless
Because the things you say and the things you do surround me
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard
I was staring straight into the shining sun

Lost in thought and lost in time
While the seeds of lifeand the seeds of change were planted
Outside the rain fell dark and slow
While I pondered on this dangerous but irresistible pastime
I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life

I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the waiting had begun
And headed straight..into the shining sun