Saturday, October 26, 2013

The "mother of all queues."




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:36 AM

To:


Paused now about the 00:04:40 point of the DVD, where I know from reading earlier the transcript that the helicopter I see on the screen is going to come under fire from the “Atlantis” weapon THING, I know for certain I have never watched before the severe racketeering production the 2004 television series “Stargate: Atlantis.”

This morning I am now for the first time watching the DVD for the premiere episode of the television series “Stargate: Atlantis.” The images I have seen before, as I write this before beginning to watch the episode, suggest I was aware of the television series at some point when it was actively advertised in mainstream media and that I was not interested in watching that television series because it looked too stupid.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 February 2013 excerpt ends]










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/216.shtml


GateWorld


The Long Goodbye


EPISODE NUMBER - 216

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 4

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 02.10.06


(John glances across at Elizabeth, who suddenly remembers what she, as Phebus, said to Caldwell.)

WEIR: Oh God, no! Don't believe anything she might have said!

CALDWELL: I'm kidding. (Elizabeth smiles in relief.) Don't give it another thought. Well, if you'll excuse me, I'm sure you'll both agree that the paperwork on this is going to be a nightmare










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 9:44 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Sleep journal - 2/10/06

Can't remember a single detail about my dreams last night. For the past few hours, I have been feeling drowsy, which seems unusal because I slept til almost 9 this morning. I wonder if they programmed me to start feeling sleepy earlier tonight because they are going to present some new message to me in my sleep tonight.

These foreign dreams are impossible to ignore. It is almost like watching something on tv. I remember I started feeling something unusal about my dreams back when I lived at Oakwood Apts in Bellevue. That would have been late 1999 I think. I was having vivid dreams about a friend of mine. I would wake up calling out her name. I woke up feeling certain she was there in the room with me. I was being told things. In early 2004 when I decided to leave Microsoft, I wonder if I was following instructions that had been given to me in my sleep.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 February 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-twilight-zone/where-is-everybody-12585/recap/


tv.com


The Twilight Zone Season 1 Episode 1

Where is Everybody?


EPISODE RECAP


Finally he figures out that he was trying to open the door the wrong way. He then wanders, aimlessly, into the police station muttering something about the feeling he has about being watched.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 11:38 AM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Microsoft Corp.'s "Home of the Future"

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/259849_commerce17.html

A visit Thursday to Microsoft Corp.'s "Home of the Future" impressed Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez, though he said that Microsoft, like other companies throughout the country, should increase their pace of innovation.

After viewing the multiroom display, which uses emerging technology to show how technophiles may live in the future, Gutierrez pronounced it "amazing" and praised it as "a great example of why we believe we have the most competitive economy on Earth."

[Yeah, it's great. Until you have to live in it. The Microsoft Gulag.]


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 February 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-twilight-zone/where-is-everybody-12585/recap/


tv.com


The Twilight Zone Season 1 Episode 1

Where is Everybody?


EPISODE RECAP


There he sees a movie poster with an Air Force officer on it and remembers being a part of it. In a fit of excitement he runs through the empty theater yelling that he is in the Air Force.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 3:10 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Child Online Protection Act

I can think of two good examples of the hypocrisy that creeps into this "community standard" business. One was when former Mayor Jim West of Spokane said that he was scared to admit he was gay because he wouldn't have gotten elected. In public, he was an oppressor of gays, in private, he was gay. Another example of hypocrisy is Dick Cheney not only hunting without the proper license, but then blaming his staff for not having the proper permits.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 February 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/217.shtml


GateWorld


Coup D'etat


EPISODE NUMBER - 217

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 5

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 02.17.06


SHEPPARD: Let's take a look. (He looks over his shoulder to Rodney.) You stay here with Lindsay.

(He, Teyla and Ronon head towards the house.)

McKAY (in a loud whisper to their departing backs): Right, sure(!) Oh, and hey -- if you hear gunfire, just know that that's me holding back our attackers all on my own, huh?!



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 8:34 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Saturday 26 October 2013