Thursday, October 24, 2013

Zardoz




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:36 AM

To:


Paused now about the 00:04:40 point of the DVD, where I know from reading earlier the transcript that the helicopter I see on the screen is going to come under fire from the “Atlantis” weapon THING, I know for certain I have never watched before the severe racketeering production the 2004 television series “Stargate: Atlantis.”

This morning I am now for the first time watching the DVD for the premiere episode of the television series “Stargate: Atlantis.” The images I have seen before, as I write this before beginning to watch the episode, suggest I was aware of the television series at some point when it was actively advertised in mainstream media and that I was not interested in watching that television series because it looked too stupid.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 February 2013 excerpt ends]










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/214.shtml


GateWorld


Grace Under Pressure


EPISODE NUMBER - 214

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 4

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 01.27.06


CARTER: Oooh ... I, uh, I wouldn't.

(Rodney looks up at her.)

McKAY: You wouldn't what?

(Sam turns away.)

CARTER: I forgot -- I'm not helping.

McKAY: No-no-no -- do you see something? (He stands and picks up the tablet.) Did I make a mistake? (Sam winces as he takes the tablet over to her.) Seriously -- if you, if you, if you saw something, just, just, tell me.

(Sam doesn't reply. Rodney stares at her in shock.)

McKAY: You're messing with me!

(Sam looks innocent.)

CARTER: Sorry?

McKAY: You're trying to slow me down!










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/214.shtml


GateWorld


Grace Under Pressure


EPISODE NUMBER - 214

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 4

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 01.27.06


PUDDLE JUMPER (hereafter referred to as JUMPER 6 for reasons that will become obvious shortly). The Jumper is flying over the ocean. On board are Doctor Rodney McKay and a pilot called Griffin. Rodney checks a display at the co-pilot's seat, then walks to a panel further back.

GRIFFIN: So, let me ask you something. As a scientist, does it bother you that most of your work, no matter how brilliant, will eventually be considered misguided? ‘Cause that would bother me.

McKAY: I'm sorry?

GRIFFIN: Well, given enough time, everything's pretty much proven wrong, right?

McKAY: No.

GRIFFIN: Everything from the Earth being flat, to the sun revolving around us.

McKAY (walking to another panel near the rear of the ship): Well, if you wanna go back hundreds of years!

GRIFFIN: Scientists get it wrong more times than they get it right. (He glances round to Rodney.) Take the tomato.

(Rodney turns and stares at him for a moment.)

McKAY: Excuse me?!

GRIFFIN: Well, after the conquest of Mexico in 1519, tomatoes were carried eastward to Europe, where they were believed to be poisonous.

(Rodney stops what he's doing and walks forward.)

McKAY: Shouldn't you be concentrating on what you're doing?

GRIFFIN: I've got it covered. You worry about you.

McKAY: I am worried about me. This is the first flight this thing has had since it was shot down and repaired. It deserves all of your attention. (He walks towards the rear of the ship again.)

GRIFFIN: It made it to the mainland. If anything was gonna go wrong, it would have gone wrong by now. It took the Italians and the Spaniards to realise that tomatoes are, in fact, delicious.

McKAY (barely containing his irritation): Good for them.

GRIFFIN: Columbus was Spanish -- he figured out the Earth was round.

McKAY (looking annoyed): He was Italian.

GRIFFIN: So I wonder what it is that makes Spaniards so good at debunking bad science? (He glances over his shoulder again.) You're not Spanish, are you?

McKAY (starting to lose his temper): Oh, yes! Of the Barcelona McKays! Now, if you don't mind ...

(The Jumper shakes. Griffin's concentration snaps to the controls as the Jumper continues to shake and vibrate.)

McKAY (stumbling forward and sitting down in the co-pilot's seat): What is it? Turbulence?

GRIFFIN: The inertial dampeners on this thing should smooth that out. (The Jumper jolts.) What the hell?

McKAY (looking at his screens): Right drive pod's intermittently switching to reverse thrust.

GRIFFIN: Cut it. I can drive with just the left pod.

McKAY: It's not recognising any of my commands. (He stands up and staggers over to one of the side panels.)

GRIFFIN: Brace for impact.

McKAY (high-pitched): What?!

GRIFFIN: We're goin' down!

(As Rodney continues trying to gain control of the Jumper from the side panel, Griffin activates the comms.)

GRIFFIN: Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!










From 7/19/1989 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush kills 111 passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 232 and destroys the United Airlines Flight 232 aircraft because I was a passenger of United Airlines Flight 232 as United States Navy Petty Officer Second Class Kerry Wayne Burgess and I was assigned to maintain custody of a non-violent offender military prisoner of the United States ) To 1/27/2006 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate Atlantis"::"Grace Under Pressure" ) is 6036 days

6036 = 3018 + 3018

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/6/1974 ( premiere US TV movie "Cry Panic" ) is 3018 days



From 7/19/1989 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush kills 111 passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 232 and destroys the United Airlines Flight 232 aircraft because I was a passenger of United Airlines Flight 232 as United States Navy Petty Officer Second Class Kerry Wayne Burgess and I was assigned to maintain custody of a non-violent offender military prisoner of the United States ) To 1/27/2006 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate Atlantis"::"Grace Under Pressure" ) is 6036 days

6036 = 3018 + 3018

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/6/1974 ( premiere US film "Zardoz" ) is 3018 days



From 7/19/1989 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush kills 111 passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 232 and destroys the United Airlines Flight 232 aircraft because I was a passenger of United Airlines Flight 232 as United States Navy Petty Officer Second Class Kerry Wayne Burgess and I was assigned to maintain custody of a non-violent offender military prisoner of the United States ) To 1/27/2006 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate Atlantis"::"Grace Under Pressure" ) is 6036 days

6036 = 3018 + 3018

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/6/1974 ( premiere US TV series "The Cowboys" ) is 3018 days



From 4/9/1986 ( --- ) To 1/27/2006 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate Atlantis"::"Grace Under Pressure" ) is 7233 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/22/1985 ( premiere US TV series "Hometown" ) is 7233 days



From 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) To 1/27/2006 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate Atlantis"::"Grace Under Pressure" ) is 5147 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/6/1979 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" ) is 5147 days



From 10/14/1953 ( premiere US film "The Big Heat" ) To 1/27/2006 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate Atlantis"::"Grace Under Pressure" ) is 19098 days

19098 = 9549 + 9549

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) is 9549 days



From 9/1/1946 ( Susan Backlinie ) To 11/26/1986 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home" ) is 14696 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/27/2006 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate Atlantis"::"Grace Under Pressure" ) is 14696 days



From 6/20/1975 ( premiere US film "Jaws" ) To 1/27/2006 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate Atlantis"::"Grace Under Pressure" ) is 11179 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/11/1996 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Eraser" ) is 11179 days


http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/214.shtml


GateWorld


Grace Under Pressure


EPISODE NUMBER - 214

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 4

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 01.27.06










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/214.shtml


GateWorld


Grace Under Pressure


EPISODE NUMBER - 214

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 4

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 01.27.06


JUMPER 6. The Jumper is still sinking. Rodney wanders around the compartment as he continues to work on the tablet. He looks up.

McKAY: Oh. I'm freezing! Why am I so cold? Oh, no! (He puts his hand to his head wound.) I haven't lost that much blood, have I? (He thinks for a moment, then lowers his hand with an irritated look on his face.) Course, it-it could have something to do with the billion or so gallons of freezing water you're surrounded by, you idiot! Alright -- (he puts the tablet down) I need to heat this thing, (he removes the back of one of the bench seats, revealing another panel) and I don't want it cost me a lot of power. (Louder, to the Jumper) Can we at least do that, please?

(He disconnects one end of a cable from a panel above his head and squats down to attach it to the panel behind the bench. He clenches his fist momentarily to try and warm it, then picks up the tablet again and types on it. The temperature indicator on the screen starts to rise.)

McKAY: Ah, there y'go! See? (He looks up at the Jumper.) I'm not greedy. I just don't wanna freeze to death. (He looks at the screen again -- it says, "REMAINING POWER AT LEVEL OF USE: 2:20".) Oh, come on! (He glares up at the Jumper again.) A little heat's gonna cost me forty minutes?!










http://www.dtic.mil/dpmo/medals/pow

Department of Defense

United States of America

DPMO

Defense Prisoner of War

Missing Personnel Office


Prisoner of War Medal










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie1.html

Star Trek: The Motion Picture


UHURA: Captain, Starfleet signals growing in strength, sir. ...They still have the intruder on their monitors. It's decelerating!

SULU: Confirmed. Lunar beacons indicate intruder on a course into Earth orbit.

CHEKOV: Sir! Airlock four has been opened. A thruster suit is reported missing!

KIRK: A thruster suit? That's Spock! Damn him!










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie1.html

Star Trek: The Motion Picture


UHURA (OC): Captain, Starfleet is sending this tactical on V'Ger's position. V'Ger is transmitting a signal.

DECKER: Jim!

KIRK: From V'Ger?

ILIA PROBE: V'Ger signals the Creator.

KIRK: Spock?

SPOCK: A simple binary code transmitted by carrier-wave signal. Radio.

KIRK: Radio?

DECKER: Jim, V'Ger expects an answer.

KIRK: An answer? I don't know the question.

ILIA PROBE: The Creator has not responded.










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/214.shtml


GateWorld


Grace Under Pressure


EPISODE NUMBER - 214

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 4

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 01.27.06


JUMPER 6. Still sinking. Rodney, calmer now, sits down on the floor and picks up the computer tablet, breathing deeply. He activates the tablet and looks at it.

McKAY: CO2 scrubbers operating at ... one hundred percent. Well, at least something is. (He takes another deep breath.) Now, let's see if I can, uh ... (He starts to type, then snatches his fingers back, irritated.) Oh, why do they have to make these things so small? (He looks up at the Jumper.) Look, I need to be the one on the surface saving the poor bastard stuck down here, not actually be the poor bastard stuck down here! By the time Zelenka comes up with a plan, I'll have died of old age!

(He looks down at the tablet, then stares up in shock as a peculiar sound begins. It's a strange, echoing combination of a groan and a wail but obviously isn't coming from the Jumper itself.)

McKAY: Hello? (The echoing groan/wail continues. It seems to be coming from outside the Jumper. Rodney gets to his feet, looking nervous as he realises that the sound is coming from some kind of creature swimming around outside.) Are you angry, or are you hungry? ‘Cause I am pretty sure that this thing is an instant case of indigestion, you know? (The creature outside wails again. Its noises sound similar to whale song. Rodney stares as it dawns on him what's happening.) It's the transmitter! It must be broadcasting at a, at a frequency you can hear!

(He smiles as the creature groans again. His smile soon drops when the Jumper shakes as if struck by something. He grabs onto the side panels to keep his balance.)

McKAY: Poor little fella. Poor little fella. I'm, uh, I'm sorry if I'm buggin' you but, uh, but I kinda need to leave this thing on for a bit, you know? Maybe you could, uh, tell my friends where I am, you could, uh, could you do that, huh?










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/214.shtml


GateWorld


Grace Under Pressure


EPISODE NUMBER - 214

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 4

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 01.27.06


SHEPPARD: How're the shields doing?

(Radek checks his laptop.)

ZELENKA: Twelve minutes.

SHEPPARD: Alright. Let's check it out.

(Radek stares at him plaintively.)

ZELENKA: Why?

SHEPPARD: Because it's still swimming around in circles in the same area, which means it might have found something interesting.










http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0045681

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Susan Backlinie

Born: Susan Jane Swindall September 1, 1946










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/214.shtml


GateWorld


Grace Under Pressure


EPISODE NUMBER - 214

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 4

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 01.27.06


GRIFFIN: I've got an idea. (He turns and hurries into the front section. Rodney turns and stares.)

McKAY: What are you doing?

GRIFFIN: Good luck, Rodney. (He jumps into the pilot's seat and activates a control. The bulkhead doors start to close.)

McKAY (starting to walk forward): No, what are you doing? (The doors close, sealing him in the rear compartment. He bangs on the doors.) Griffin! Griffin?!

(There's an explosive sound on the other side of the doors, followed by the sound of water rushing into the front compartment. Rodney backs away from the doors, staring at them in shock.)

McKAY: Why did he do that? (He shouts towards the front compartment.) Why would you do that?!

(He turns and looks around the tiny compartment that he's standing in. It's almost completely dark apart from light coming from a few panels. He has a bad cut on his right temple which is trickling blood down the side of his face. He stares around in terror for a moment, then deliberately closes his eyes.)

McKAY (in a quiet plaintive voice, with his eyes still closed): Wide open fields. Wide open fields. Wide open fields. You're not stuck in a metal casket under thousands of feet of water. You're in a wide open field.










http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20118288,00.html


People


Archive


July 23, 1990 Vol. 34 No. 3 Survivors of Flight 232 Reflect on the Year-Ago Crash That Spared Them but Took 112 to Their Graves

By William Plummer

Charles Martz Jr. has always considered himself lucky. A year ago this week he was sitting up and looking out the window of a United Airlines DC-10—an ex-Navy pilot, he believes the bent-over "crash position" is useless—when the plane hit the ground at Sioux City, Iowa, and started to cartwheel down an airport runway. "It seemed like we skidded forever," Martz remembers. "Then came the sound of metal tearing and screeching. You couldn't hear people sounds. It was like being in the middle of a drum." Moments later, the 59-year-old cable-TV executive from Castle Pines, Colo., unscathed but for a dirty shirt, dropped from the smoking, overturned plane into a scene out of Dante. "It was like I was all alone, except for these bodies strewn all over this muddy cornfield. And I thought, 'Where is everybody? I can't be the sole survivor.' "










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/214.shtml


GateWorld


Grace Under Pressure


EPISODE NUMBER - 214

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 4

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 01.27.06


McKAY: You're not real. You are not real. You are not real. (He puts his hands over his eyes.)

CARTER: Of course I'm not real.

(Rodney lowers his hands and looks up at her.)

McKAY: I'm sorry?

CARTER: I'm three million light years away with problems of my own. (She walks over and sits down opposite him.)

McKAY: Yeah, well, so what are you doin' here?

CARTER: You're hallucinating.

McKAY: Oh, and how am I doing that, hmm?










http://www.tv.com/shows/hometown/pilot-203249/


tv.com


Hometown Season 1 Episode 1

Pilot


Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Aug 22, 1985 on CBS


AIRED: 8/22/85










http://www.cswap.com/1982/Fast_Times_at_Ridgemont_High/cap/en/25fps/a/01_15

Fast Times at Ridgemont High


1:15:56
I wrote him a letter.

1:15:57
Tell me what you think.
"Dear Doug.

1:16:01
"I received your message that
you weren't coming to my graduation.

1:16:03
"Doug, this is not the kind of thing
that occurs between adults.

1:16:07
"Maybe you've found someone new,
someone more mature.

1:16:15
"Anyhow, if you think I'm gonna
sit around and wait for you, forget it.

1:16:12
"But if you ask me, Doug,
you're the one being childish.

1:16:15
"Anyhow, if you think I'm gonna
sit around and wait for you, forget it.

1:16:19
- Sincerely, Linda."










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070948/releaseinfo

IMDb


Zardoz (1974)

Release Info


USA 6 February 1974



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070948/fullcredits

IMDb


Zardoz (1974)

Full Cast & Crew


Sean Connery ... Zed










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070948/quotes

IMDb


Zardoz (1974)

Quotes


The Tabernacle: You are asked to vote at the termination of the trial of George Saden. Final statement from the accused begins.

George Saden: I confess to the charges, but plead mitigation. These thoughts are constructive criticisms. Pyramidical. I try to suppress these thoughts, but they leak out in Second Level through the head-wound of my third death. I was imperfectly repaired. No. That is not true. I think what I think!

Friend: [murmuring] That's more like it! I'm with you, George.

George Saden: I hate you all. I hate you all. I hate you all. Especially me.

[the Tabernacle chimes]

The Tabernacle: Vote, please. Vote, please.

Friend: [to Zed] I'm voting for him, Monster. It won't do any good. Nothing ever does.

[Friend speaks into his ring]

Friend: Absolute acquittal!





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070948/quotes

IMDb


Zardoz (1974)

Quotes



Zed: Stay close to me - inside my aura!





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070948/quotes

IMDb


Zardoz (1974)

Quotes


The Tabernacle: Sleep was necessary for man when his waking and unconscious lives were separated. As Eternals achieved total consciousness. Sleep became obsolete and Second Level meditation took its place.





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070948/quotes

IMDb


Zardoz (1974)

Quotes


Zed: What is it you want?

Friend: Sweet death. Oblivion.

Zed: For yourself, or for the whole Vortex?

Friend: For Everybody. An end to the human race. It has plagued this pretty planet for far too long.

Zed: You stink of despair. Fight back! Fight for death, if that's what you want.
Friend: I thought at first you were the one to help. But it's hopeless. All my powers have gone.

Zed: Where is it? The Tabernacle?

Friend: The Tabernacle... is... I can't remember!

Zed: Who made it? Someone must know how to break it.

Friend: Yes, but you can meet him for yourself! One of our founders, one of the geniuses who discovered immortality.





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070948/quotes

IMDb


Zardoz (1974)

Quotes


[first lines]

Arthur Frayn: I am Arthur Frayn, and I am Zardoz. I have lived three hundred years, and I long to die. But death is no longer possible. I am immortal. I present now my story, full of mystery and intrigue - rich in irony, and most satirical. It is set deep in a possible future, so none of these events have yet occurred, but they *may.* Be warned, lest you end as I. In this tale, I am a fake god by occupation - and a magician, by inclination. Merlin is *my* hero! I am the puppet master. I manipulate many of the characters and events you will see. But *I* am invented, too, for your entertainment - and amusement. And you, poor creatures, who conjured *you* out of the clay? Is God in show business too?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071372/releaseinfo

IMDb


Cry Panic (1974 TV Movie)

Release Info


USA 6 February 1974










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045555/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Big Heat (1953)

Release Info

USA 14 October 1953










http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-atlantis/grace-under-pressure-432281/


tv.com


Stargate Atlantis Season 2 Episode 14


Grace Under Pressure


Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 27, 2006 on Syfy


Dr. McKay is trapped underwater in a sinking Puddle Jumper and he must rely on Samantha Carter for his survival.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE:----- Original Message ----

From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 6:25:22 PM


I haven't been able to follow Battlestar Galactica this past year


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 May 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/214.shtml


GateWorld


Grace Under Pressure


EPISODE NUMBER - 214

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 4

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 01.27.06


CARTER: You do realise what you're actually doing here, right?

(Rodney backs off.)

McKAY: Ah, c'mon! (Sam cringes.) You're a figment of my imagination! The least you could do is take your tops off!



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:14 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington State USA Thursday 24 October 2013