Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Today is 03/12/2024, Post #2





by me, Kerry Burgess, 03/12/2024 9:55 PM

This must be the very first time I have watched this first episode of that tv-series since it broadcast new. Might have watched it again later but much of it is not familiar to me now today as I watch tonight. I am certain I watched it before but it was mostly forgettable to me at the time.

I decided to watch it tonight instead of "Beacon 23", which I worked more on earlier today before I actually watch the first episode, thinking its content will cause me to think of more stuff to check for

Seeing it today it's not as bad as I remember. I just don't like some of the characters. This woman is a lead character and I find her less objectionable now than before but her brother is still sort of a douchebag, as they say

I certainly did not know tonight I would be seeing this compelling scene, which is more compelling, to me, at least, when watching the entire scene

Pausing now at this scene, I was thinking earlier that I might watch the entire collection of episodes, many I have never seen before, from the final season

I had completely forgotten about what starts to happen to them after they return









by me, Kerry Burgess, 3/12/2024 1:02 PM

The very first time I have ever mentioned anything about Princeton University Class of 1993 was on 02/22/2022

Nothing caused me to think of it.

It's just a detail that suddenly that day formed in my conscious mind

Then I started looking for it

Today, I followed a hunch and made this discovery, a new detail on a topic I've made several posts about in the past

It's on Netflix so I might go back and watch it again. Maybe. I stopped watching it because I hated it so much.

The detail 02/18/1991 I have referenced many times for many years before today

But 06/08/1993 is a detail I never published anything about until 02/22/2022










manifest_s1e1-2018_netflix-00h-25m-50s
manifest_s1e1-2018_netflix-00h-25m-43s
manifest_s1e1-2018_netflix-00h-25m-37s
manifest_s1e1-2018_netflix-00h-25m-32s
manifest_s1e1-2018_netflix-00h-25m-28s
manifest_s1e1-2018_netflix-00h-25m-27s
manifest_s1e1-2018_netflix-00h-25m-26s










manifest_season1-ep1-2018_00h-00m-07s
manifest_season1-ep1-2018_00h-00m-08s
manifest_season1-ep1-2018_00h-00m-11s
manifest_season1-ep1-2018_00h-00m-16s










2013-04-07_1
2013-04-07_2









album: "A Rush Of Blood To The Head" (2002)

COLDPLAY

"Clocks"

The lights go out and I can't be saved
Tides that I tried to swim against
Have brought me down upon my knees









From 6/8/1993 ( commencement, Princeton University Class of 1993 ) To 9/24/2018 ( ) is 9239 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/18/1991 ( minefield damage to US Navy USS Princeton CG-59 ) is 9239 days



From 10/4/1960 ( premiere USA film "Children of the Sun" ) To 9/24/2018 ( ) is 21174 days

21174 = 10587 + 10587

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/28/1994 ( premiere USA film "Stargate" ) is 10587 days



From 7/19/1989 ( the United Airlines Flight 232 crash in Sioux City Iowa and from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the end of Kerry Burgess - *me* - the natural human being cloned from another human being {Thomas Reagan} ) To 9/24/2018 ( ) is 10659 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/8/1995 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Simpsons"::"Homer the Great" ) is 10659 days



From 5/23/1997 ( premiere USA film "The Lost World: Jurassic Park" ) To 9/24/2018 ( ) is 7794 days

7794 = 3897 + 3897

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/4/1976 ( at extreme personal risk to himself my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship successfully intercepts the comet nicknamed "Lucifer" - threatening extinction by death and destruction of all life on this planet Earth - in the outer solar system beyond planet Saturn and diverts it away from our planet Earth ) is 3897 days



From 6/29/1995 ( the Mir space station docking of the United States space shuttle Atlantis orbiter vehicle mission STS-71 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps commissioned-officer and United States STS-71 pilot astronaut and my 3rd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 9/24/2018 ( ) is 8488 days

8488 = 4244 + 4244

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/16/1977 ( Wernher von Braun dead ) is 4244 days



From 2/21/1997 ( the landing of the US space shuttle Discovery orbiter vehicle mission STS-82 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps commissioned-officer and United States STS-82 pilot astronaut and my 4th official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 9/24/2018 ( ) is 7885 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/5/1987 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, my official enlisted US Navy documents includes: Earned NEC 1189 - Based on graduation from the Terrier Mk 152 Guided-missiles Fire Control Computers Complex course - Naval Guided Missiles School, Dam Neck, Virginia Beach, Virginia, US Navy - leading to permanent assignment until 1990 to CF-division, Missile Plot - guided-missiles Fire Control Computers Complex (UNIVAC digital-computers Mk152 Terrier System for, primarily, SM2-ER {Extended Range} Standard Missiles ordnance), USS Wainwright CG-28, US Navy, while enlisted paygrade E-5, designated Fire Controlman Petty Officer Second Class (FC2) ) is 7885 days



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8421350/releaseinfo

IMDb

Manifest (2018 )

Release Info

USA 24 September 2018









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess {me}

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess {me}

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.



by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.



from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 9/28/2006 7:13 PM

This sounds very interesting. In my memory of taking Physics my Senior year at Ashdown, I remember being very interested in the class, but we didn’t cover such an interesting topic.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/about/present/

Ayan Chatterjee (left) and Mark Daly measure piano strings as part of a lab project for professor Pierre Piroué's freshman seminar on "Sound, Music and ... Physics."

9/28/2006 7:37 PM

I think I even have memories of the graduate degree process. I am not sure of the terms to describe the process.

9/28/2006 7:47 PM

I actually do remember... something... I can’t explain it. It feels that I am holding an unmarked, undistinguishable book that I don’t know the name of or the contents but I know I have read it already.

9/28/2006 8:34 PM

A few minutes ago I started thinking that maybe I started at Princeton University in 1972. I would have been 13 at the time as Thomas Ray. I remember that Kerry Burgess started first grade in 1972. But then I decided that I probably started Princeton earlier than 1972 and maybe 1972 was the year I completed my first major degree. Or 1972 doesn’t really mean anything in particular to Thomas Ray; rather it is there for continuity sake for the life of Kerry Burgess.



by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 3:06 AM Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salesman

Also, "Salesman." I saw that in a dream while sleeping recently. I saw myself going through an induction process in the United States Marine Corps and I woke up understanding that I was dreaming of my actual experience in 1990. I saw a document that indicated I was being inducted to the United States Marine Corps with the officer grade of Chief Warrant Officer 2. I saw in the dream another document associated with my induction and that document indicated I had been assigned the informal name "Salesman."









by me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 9:25 AM Monday, March 07, 2011

Ticonderoga

Looking closer at photos of the later US Navy Ticonderoga-class guided missile cruisers, I note details that suggest my dream the other night could be accurate in terms of how I see the layout of the weatherdeck next to the helicopter landing deck.

In my artificial memory, I have never even stepped foot on any ship in that class. The closest observation I have in my mind was one day when we were deployed to the Med on the USS Wainwright CG 28 and we were arriving in Rota Spain near Gibraltar and either the Ticonderoga itself or one other early ships of that class was already in port and I was impressed to see that ship, which I remember featured the missile rail launchers instead of the later VLS system. That is the only actual "memory" I have of ever seeing a ship of that class. I don't think I had ever even seen close by an Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer until I saw the Momsen anchored nearby on 3 March 2006 in that park where I had been going to sit.

So in the dream of the Ticonderoga, there was a lot of details I still remember from the dream but the interesting part is that I was in a secluded area on the weatherdecks looking up I could see the helicopter landing deck and there was a small arms range target still in place on the edge of the deck above me and it had a very large hole in the center as though it had been hit by a lot of bullets. Looking at the image on a later Ticonderoga class ship I can see that such a sight is possible when standing on the weatherdecks. I was on the starboard side and I seemed to be near the aft end of the helicopter deck, which was inside and above me, and there was something someone said about how I was in officer's country, as though that area had been set aside as an area of seclusion for officer's as though they were sitting in deck chairs on a leisure cruise ship.

Nearby was a hatch that I went through and there was a very long stairwell that was not one long stairwell but that was closer to a stairwell you would see in a building but it was not as consistent in how it twisted around and the stairwell in the dream made seemingly random switchbacks. I see such stairwells in my dreams a lot. In this case, if I had written about this dream several years ago, I would have written that it was a foreign dream and that the narrator told me not to go all the way down the bottom and I did not, although I seemed to know the lower deck where the stairwell would end. There was a sink at one of the levels of the stairwell as it switched back and I washed my hands which is something I can never recall doing in a dream.










2018-09-24_1

https://papersofprinceton.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19910220-01&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-------









https://www.dvidshub.net/news/389994/uss-princeton-commemorates-mine-strike-through-damage-control-readiness

USS Princeton Commemorates Mine Strike Through Damage Control Readiness

02.19.2021

Story by Petty Officer 2nd Class Logan Kellums

Sailors aboard the guided-missile cruiser USS Princeton (CG 59) have participated in many simulated general quarters while deployed for more than 10 months, but on Feb. 17, the drill commemorated a historical event.

On Feb. 18, 1991, while operating in the Arabian Gulf in support of Operation Desert Storm, the two-year-old Princeton sustained damage when two floating mines detonated under the port rudder and off the starboard bow, damaging a rudder and causing cracks in the hull, leading to flooding onboard the ship.

“I’m sure when it [the explosions] happened in ’91 it was chaotic,” said Damage Controlman 1st Class Gregory Harrod, from Tehachapi, Calif., the ship’s damage control training team coordinator. “They were drilling constantly and planned for something like that to happen and when it did, they were all able to come together and do their jobs.”

Simulating the casualties that the ship sustained three decades earlier helped the crew understand the amount of determination, training and readiness required to fight the ship and stay keep her afloat.

“They had to coordinate six or seven casualties at once and get everyone where they needed to be,” said Harrod. “Looking at the damage report was eye opening as to how much damage the ship had sustained.”

While there were injuries on board, no Sailors died as a result of the attack. The training also helped the crew to understand how important damage control training is and that anyone at any time could be called up to use that training to save the ship or a shipmate.

“The old saying is hope for the best but plan for the worst,” said Harrod. “We want to ensure that that anything that could possibly ever happen won’t be the first time the crew sees that type of casualty.”

Princeton, a part of Nimitz Carrier Strike Group, is currently conducting routine operations in U.S. Third Fleet.









https://www.usni.org/magazines/proceedings/1991/july/princeton-leaves-war

U.S. Naval Institute

Princeton Leaves the War

By Commander Frank Evans, USN

July 1991 Proceedings Vol. 117/7/1,061

She was the most badly damaged ship in the war, but she survived and did her duty for 30 hours after hitting a mine in the Persian Gulf on 18 February 1991. The USS Princeton (CG-59) had been at sea 255 days—including a trip to the Soviet Union— since the beginning of 1990.

She sailed out of Long Beach, California, on 8 December 1990, as part of the USS Ranger (CV-61) battle group under command of Rear Admiral R.J. Zlatoper, Commander Carrier Group Seven, and steamed west, stopping at the Subic Bay naval base in the Philippines. She moved through the Strait of Malacca, into the Indian Ocean, and proceeded directly into the Persian Gulf.

‘We had been in the northern portion of the Gulf for about a week, said Captain E. B. Hontz, the ship’s commanding officer. “On Sunday [17 February], we had proceeded south to refuel from the British oiler RFA Olna. Just before dark, we completed fueling and started back on station. Soon afterward, we received an intelligence report that indicated a possible Silkworm missile site was being activated along the coast of Kuwait. Our job at the time was to provide protection for the minesweeping and naval gunfire support forces against any kind of air threat. ”

We were the local antiair warfare commander and in that role we were responsible for positioning ourselves, the Royal Navy destroyer HMS Manchester, and the USS Horne (CG-30).... We took up a position that was to the west of the minesweeping forces and in a direct line between them and the Silkworm site.

In that position, we would be able to shoot down any Silkworm missile fired at the minesweepers.”

On the morning of 18 February, the lookouts were searching for mines. “We had declared air warning ‘Red’ for the Northern Gulf area...[which] meant that attack was imminent.”

At 0716, while the ship was steaming slowly, barely maintaining steerage way in order to allow maximum reaction time if a mine were spotted, Captain Hontz addressed the crew on the 1-MC ship’s announcing system.

‘I [had] just told the crew that we had to be especially cautious and be on the lookout for mines because [the] USS Tripoli (LPH-10) had hit a mine just hours earlier. Just as I made that comment, the force of the mine explosion under the stern lifted up the ship and caused a whiplash. We on the bridge were moving up and down very rapidly. We all grabbed on to something and tried to maintain our footing. We were doing some pretty healthy knee bends as the ship moved up and down perhaps four to six feet. After cycles of moving up and down, we started moving sideways.”

"Only later,” Captain Hontz continued, “Did I discover talking to other crewmembers that there was a second mine that exploded about 300 yards off the starboard bow. When that one went off, it imparted the sideways motion and the rapid up and down and back and forth motion continued for probably six to seven seconds.”

“My immediate reaction was that we had hit a mine. But the tact that the ship continued this violent motion for more than a second or two concerned me. I didn’t expect the violent motion to continue as long as it did. At this point, both the boatswain’s mate of-the-watch and I . . . sounded general quarters.”

My first reaction was to notify someone else that we had struck a mine. We had to keep the ship from sinking. Another immediate reaction was that this was what we had been preparing for months. I had total confidence that my crew would do the right thing that they would do what they had been trained to do, he said.

The first report that came in was [about] the injured people on the forecastle. [Petty Officer] Dennis Amador was already there giving first aid to Petty Officer James Ford, who was the most seriously injured. He [Ford] was standing ... right at the bullnose looking for mines when the blast went off under the stem. The ship jumped and whiplashed like a fiberglass fishing pole. Petty Officer Ford was thrown ten feet into the air.” Seaman Apprentice Joselito Alino was sitting in the mine watch chair that had been rigged right in the forward part of the ship.

When the mine struck, he was thrown into the canvas sun screen that had been rigged above the chair. He bounced into this canvas screen above his head and that kept him from being ejected from his chair and receiving more extensive injuries. He did have some head injuries when he was thrown into the sun screen and ended up being thrown down in front of the chair. His injuries didn t appear to be serious, but I was concerned and made the decision that he should be medically evacuated later in the morning.”

"The third injury was to Petty Officer Michael Padilla who was sitting at the ... panel [that] controls ... the 5-inch/54-caliber guns ... that was his Condition III watch station. [He] ... was thrown from his seat into the overhead three times. He ended up being pretty well twisted around, injuring his legs. I made the decision that he also should be medevaced.... We were extremely fortunate that there were so few injuries. Part of the reason was the fact that at 0716 most of the crew were eating breakfast on the messdecks or were in their berthing compartments .... Thirty minutes later and we would have had many more people injured who would have been in the various spaces near the bow or stem.

The only people [who] were in the extremities of the ship where the most violent motion was were two up on the bow serving as lookouts, two in each 5-inch gunmount, several in the laundry, and a sailor who was in the workshop in the after part of the ship. Anyone [who] was in the bow or stem was thrown around like a rag doll.”

However, while the damage control efforts were concentrated in the alter part of the ship, within two hours the combat systems and combat information center teams had their equipment back on line with the forward gun and missile systems ready to shoot. [The] Princeton reassumed duties as local antiaircraft warfare commander and did not relinquish those duties until relieved









Los Angeles Times

Frigate Apparently Strikes Gulf Mine;

April 15, 1988

The frigate was heading toward Bahrain under auxiliary power Thursday night, escorted by the cruiser Wainwright









https://books.google.com/books?id=V0G9f35dK6AC

Google Books

The Twilight War: The Secret History of America's Thirty-Year Conflict with Iran

David Crist

Penguin, Jul 19, 2012 - History - 656 pages

Tensions mounted both on board the Wainwright and up the chain of command. The Wainwright's weapons officer, Marty Drake, could not understand why they did not fire. "Sir," he cautioned, "he's got the last remaining Harpoon." But Chandler still had it in his mind that he needed to warn her away, and he maintained this even when the Joshan locked on with its fire control radar. Listening in over the net back on the Coronado and in Tampa, Less and Crist grew increasingly concerned. Less liked the idea of giving the Iranians a warning in hopes of sparing lives, but after repeated warnings he wondered why Chandler had not opened fire. General Crist turned to a senior staff officer sitting next to him and asked apprehensively, "Why doesn't he just blow him out of the water?"

Finally, with only thirteen miles separating the two forces - close enough for the Joshan's captain to see the Wainwright's mast peeking just above the horizon - Chandler issued his fourth and final warning to the Joshan - "Stop and abandon ship. I intend to sink you."

With this Mallek decided to act. If the Americans were going to attack him, he would not take the first hit.









http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1988-04-19/news/8803100021_1_iranian-vessels-antiship-harpoon

Chicago Tribune

Navy Rises To Occasion In Duel At Sea

April 19, 1988 By David Evans, Chicago Tribune.

WASHINGTON — For the first time in more than 40 years, enemy warships have seriously challenged the U.S. Navy at sea. The Navy won-decisively.

When the sun set on the Persian Gulf Monday night, at least two Iranian patrol boats were at the bottom, two others were heavily damaged, perhaps even sunk, and two Iranian frigates were disabled.

In one day`s combat, Iranian fleet strength was reduced considerably. The U.S. ships involved in the fighting were unscathed.

By all accounts, the Navy racked up a victory, marred only by the probable loss of an Army attack helicopter. The Cobra helicopter, operating with a two-member crew from the cruiser Wainwright, was reported overdue.

The engagement underscores the decisive impact of air power in naval engagements and the effectiveness of simple countermeasures in dealing with antiship missile attacks.

But the incident that prompted Monday`s naval battle-the near sinking last week of the USS Samuel B. Roberts by an Iranian mine-raises anew the question of the Navy`s ability to deal effectively with even simple mines.

The Navy`s success in surface combat stems in large measure from the presence of aircraft overhead. E-2C Hawkeye radar planes from the carrier Enterprise provided early warning of Iranian F-4 Phantom jets as well as inbound surface vessels.

Attack aircraft known as A-6 also provided early warning of impending attacks. And it was the bombs and missiles fired from the A-6s that inflicted most of the damage. Only two of the Iranian vessels damaged or sunk were hit by ordnance fired from surface warships.

At the same time, the Iranian air force-with barely two dozen or so planes still operational, for want of American spare parts-was able to mount only a token sortie of two F-4s, which were chased off and possibly damaged by U.S. antiaircraft missiles.

Control of the sea would seem to require dominance of the air.

Indeed, the British Royal Navy`s losses in the Falkland Islands war might have been far worse if the Argentine A-4s had not been forced to fly to the very limit of their range, with only enough fuel for one pass, and if more of their bombs had exploded on impact.

However, the Persian Gulf action shows that some of the Navy`s surface ship countermeasures do work. The captain of the frigate USS Stark was roundly criticized for not employing chaff as a radar decoy before his ship was hit by a radar-homing Exocet missile last May.

On Monday, the cruiser Wainwright used its chaff to decoy a Harpoon missile fired from the attacking Joshan, an Iranian fast attack craft.

The Joshan, which did not employ any effective chaff, was then hit and sunk










1991-02-18_0-a
1991-02-18_4
1991-02-18_5
1991-02-18_7 .jpg, with illustrations by me, Kerry Burgess
1991-02-18_8










star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h43m16s
star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h43m18s
star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h47m08s



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 11:08 PM Pacific-time USA Tuesday 03/12/2024