Saturday, March 16, 2024

Today is 03/16/2024, Post #2





by me, Kerry Burgess, 03/16/2024 7:41 PM

What is the point of this note?

I have decided to make this note because it illustrates a point I have made in the past. It is also caused directly because of observations from my post immediately preceding this post.

In the past, I have described a notion of 'chasing myself in time-traveler circles'

That is the point of this note

This point assumes that my so-called 'time-traveler effect' is the result of observations I make now

Would not actually prove anything.

Other than perhaps my so-called notion of 'time-traveler effect variables' become visible in the observations I make

Later, I would begin to describe my "Travelers" theory. That streaming-video serial made me think that people - clandestinely - in the distant future from this present day are reading these posts I make

They have systemized my thinking with those stories

As for "Beacon 23", I do not now recall the name of the starship at the beginning of the story in the book. Its circmstances are similar in the first episode of the streaming-video serial.

Halan is very different in the video as I recall from the book. In the book, he works for NASA and got there as a reward from his military superiors. I haven't read the book much past a humorous point where he talks to the rock and I haven't seen any video beyond episode 1 so there's nothing else I can compare and constrast, even if I wanted to. I'm glad they vary the video adaptions. Wayward Pines tv-series was much better than the book. And that's the case with others I've seen. Except for Stephen King. Most of his books are lousy. The movie and tv adaptions are especially lousy. The Stand was infuriatingly worse in 2020 than 1994 and I actually now like the 1994, except for Flagg. He's still the most lameoid of anything Stephen King has put on any screen. The new guy was very lameoid too but they downplayed a lot his ridiculousness. The 1994 guy simply over-acted the role and the 2020 guy wasn't much an actor at all. Getting about time for a new remake of Battlestar Galactica. Read rumors about it on Peacock but haven't seen anything else about it. The 2003 version was an astronomical improvement over the 1978 version.









BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

3X20 - CROSSROADS (2)

Original Airdate (SciFi): 25-MAR-2007

(from internet transcript)

Chief: "There must be some way out of here..."

Corridor; Tigh's head against the wall: "...Said the joker to the thief..."

Anders, with a headache in the pilots' racks: "...There's too much confusion...."

Tory, sick in a toilet: "...I can't get no relief."

(All four of them walk toward an equipment room as the song gets louder and louder. Chief enters to find Anders already there, then Tory enters after him.)

Tory: This isn't happening. Please tell me this isn't happening.

Chief: So that's it. After all this time. A switch goes off, just like that.

Tigh, entering: Whoa. No way.

Anders: I don't believe this. I'm not buying this. This is a...This is a trick. Come on! We're not...

Tory, humming: What is that... song that I...

(They all start humming the song.)

Tigh, interrupting: -- All right, that's enough, Godsdammit! Deadbolt that frakkin' door! [He locks it himself] Forty years in the service. Forty years. Two wars. Combat. Locked in that dungeon on New Caprica. Ellen. My Gods. What about Ellen?

Anders: No, no, no. Not after all this. Not after the Resistance, and the Occupation... After watching my friends die one after another? For frakking this?

Tory: Sam...

Anders: -- You stay the hell away from me. You all just stay the frak away from me.

Chief: Sam, it's true. We're Cylons. And we have been from the start.










beacon-23_s1e1-2023_00h-02m-48s
beacon-23_s1e1-2023_00h-03m-03s










beacon-23_s1e1-2023_00h-10m-03s
beacon-23_s1e1-2023_00h-10m-08s
beacon-23_s1e1-2023_00h-10m-11s
beacon-23_s1e1-2023_00h-10m-16s
beacon-23_s1e1-2023_00h-10m-18s
beacon-23_s1e1-2023_00h-10m-20s
beacon-23_s1e1-2023_00h-10m-24s









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_1913

August 1913

The following events occurred in August 1913:

August 19, 1913

After his airplane failed at an altitude of 900 feet (270 m), aviator Adolphe Pégoud became the first person to bail out from a falling airplane and to land safely.









From 2/23/1904 ( ) To 3/16/2021 ( ) is 42756 days

42756 = 21378 + 21378

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/14/2024 ( IN THE FUTURE: ) is 21378 days









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_1904

February 1904

From Wikipedia

The following events occurred in February 1904:

February 23, 1904

By a vote of 66 to 14, the United States Senate ratified the Panama Canal treaty, allowing the United States to gain control of the Panama Canal Zone for $10 million.









From 8/19/1913 ( ) To 5/14/2024 ( IN THE FUTURE: ) is 40446 days

40446 = 20223 + 20223

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/16/2021 ( ) is 20223 days










2024-05-14_1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Argyris
2024-05-14_2










beacon-23_s1e1-2023_00h-04m-38s









by me, Kerry Burgess, 08/24/2022:

Annoyed, I have sometimes gone back and corrected obvious errors made by me in my past journal entries. Sometimes I have noted that it's corrected, many other times, I have not.

Lately, I have found myself reluctant to continue that practice for the specific reason that most are from Epoch 4 (currently Epoch 5.11) and since those from Epoch 4 were created by my hypothetical predecessor then I must assume the possibility of *deliberate* error

In this present day, I still find myself making simple errors (many others do that also, I have comforted myself by observing patterns by other people) and most errors by me are caused by two reasons: one, my creative mind. Two, I don't like proofreading until after making the actual post, otherwise I have to read it twice and that's tedious and I've been bored with this process for so many, many years. But must not let myself squander this opportunity!

Finally, I decided to just make the correction









corrected text, 08/24/2022: by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 7:55 AM Monday, October 11, 2010

Kerry Burgess, in the only time I know about, because he has not returned from his second trip, was in there for a time I later presumed, because of his astronomical readings in the sky, of which I assumed was accurate in this real world. He had no clocks so he spent almost all his time, which was probably more than fifty years, trying to find a way to measure time. There were no people in that world but sometimes he would see mannequins positioned around and sometimes those mannequins would be positioned around where he had been trying to measure time, such as by chiseling marks into rock, which the mannequins were then standing in front of and that [chronology activity site] had been sabotaged.









Evelyn-B_157 says to me: No! No, you're not getting out of here today, you dumbass!

Hope-J_164 says to me: She means it, dude.









WarGames (1983)

Jennifer: What's so special about playing games with some machine?

David Lightman: Oh, no... No, it's not just some machine.










157b-36-1__15148 .jpg, from internet
DSC02876 -1
DSC02873_ -1
DSC03397_ -1
13410 (5)









by me, Kerry Burgess, to Real Love Sex Dolls:

March 16 2021 @ 11:56 PM

Order #34489

You said: I just placed the order a few minutes ago. Can I make that request now that the order has gone through? I would like to have it manufactured without the anal orifice if it's not too late Can you update the order for me?










2021-03-16_3









WarGames (1983)

Quotes

Malvin: I can't believe it, Jim. That girl's standing over there listening and you're telling him about our back doors?









"Requiem For Methuselah" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 14 Feb, 1969

(from internet transcript)

MCCOY: Physically human but not human. These are earlier versions of Rayna, Jim. She's an android.

FLINT: Created here by my hand.









"Requiem For Methuselah" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 14 Feb, 1969

(from internet transcript)

(Kirk is having a look around when Rayna enters and goes to a closed door)

KIRK: You left us. The room became lonely.

RAYNA: It is a thirst, a flower dying in the desert.

KIRK: What? What's in there?

RAYNA: I do not know. Flint told me never to enter. He denies me nothing else.









From 12/2/2017 ( ordered by me: "Evelyn" - named by vendor ) To 3/16/2021 ( ordered by me: "Hope" - cluelessly named by me after-the-fact and before checking this code-pattern of my original-work ) is 1200 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/14/1969 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Requiem for Methuselah" ) is 1200 days



From 1/20/1928 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication, Princeton University: Osborn Confident Coming Asiatic Expedition Will Find Remains Of Earliest Shape Of Man ) To 6/3/1983 ( premiere USA film "WarGames" ) is 20223 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/16/2021 ( ) is 20223 days



From 11/18/1996 ( premiere USA film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) To 3/16/2021 ( ) is 8884 days

8884 = 4442 + 4442

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/31/1977 ( premiere USA TV series episode "In Search of..."::"The Man Who Would Not Die" ) is 4442 days



From 6/30/1965 ( from Wikipedia on the global-internetwork: New York became the first state in the United States to require apartment building landlords to provide a peephole for all entrance doors for apartment units. ) To 3/16/2021 ( ) is 20348 days

20348 = 10174 + 10174

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/10/1993 ( premiere USA TV series pilot "The X-Files" ) is 10174 days



From 5/21/1969 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the Princeton University doctor of medicine degree graduation of my biological brother Dr Thomas Reagan MD and in 1973 the law-doctorate graduate of University of Oxford, England ) To 3/16/2021 ( ) is 18927 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/28/2017 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Preacher"::"Backdoors" ) is 18927 days



From 6/5/1993 ( Princeton University, Commencement Week for Class of 1993, Graduate School reception ) To 3/16/2021 ( ) is 10146 days

10146 = 5073 + 5073

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/23/1979 ( premiere USA TV series "Trapper John, M.D." ) is 5073 days



From 3/1/2017 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Expanse"::"Paradigm Shift" ) To 3/16/2021 ( ) is 1476 days

1476 = 738 + 738

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/10/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) is 738 days



From 3/2/1888 ( ) To 11/27/1998 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Outer Limits"::"The Origin of Species" ) is 40446 days

40446 = 20223 + 20223

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/16/2021 ( ) is 20223 days










2021-03-16_11

https://books.google.com/books?id=X6a3w-p-KzUC&pg=PA181&lpg=PA181









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess {me}

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess {me}

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.



by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.



from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 9/28/2006 7:13 PM

This sounds very interesting. In my memory of taking Physics my Senior year at Ashdown, I remember being very interested in the class, but we didn’t cover such an interesting topic.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/about/present/

Ayan Chatterjee (left) and Mark Daly measure piano strings as part of a lab project for professor Pierre Piroué's freshman seminar on "Sound, Music and ... Physics."

9/28/2006 7:37 PM

I think I even have memories of the graduate degree process. I am not sure of the terms to describe the process.

9/28/2006 7:47 PM

I actually do remember... something... I can’t explain it. It feels that I am holding an unmarked, undistinguishable book that I don’t know the name of or the contents but I know I have read it already.

9/28/2006 8:34 PM

A few minutes ago I started thinking that maybe I started at Princeton University in 1972. I would have been 13 at the time as Thomas Ray. I remember that Kerry Burgess started first grade in 1972. But then I decided that I probably started Princeton earlier than 1972 and maybe 1972 was the year I completed my first major degree. Or 1972 doesn’t really mean anything in particular to Thomas Ray; rather it is there for continuity sake for the life of Kerry Burgess.



by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 3:06 AM Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salesman

Also, "Salesman." I saw that in a dream while sleeping recently. I saw myself going through an induction process in the United States Marine Corps and I woke up understanding that I was dreaming of my actual experience in 1990. I saw a document that indicated I was being inducted to the United States Marine Corps with the officer grade of Chief Warrant Officer 2. I saw in the dream another document associated with my induction and that document indicated I had been assigned the informal name "Salesman."









https://www.poetry.com/poem/30347/evelyn-hope

Evelyn Hope

Robert Browning 1812 - 1889

I.

Beautiful Evelyn Hope is dead!
Sit and watch by her side an hour.
That is her book-shelf, this her bed;
She plucked that piece of geranium-flower,
Beginning to die too, in the glass;
Little has yet been changed, I think:
The shutters are shut, no light may pass
Save two long rays thro' the hinge's chink.

II.

Sixteen years old, when she died!
Perhaps she had scarcely heard my name;
It was not her time to love; beside,
Her life had many a hope and aim,
Duties enough and little cares,
And now was quiet, now astir,
Till God's hand beckoned unawares,---
And the sweet white brow is all of her.

III.

Is it too late then, Evelyn Hope?
What, your soul was pure and true,
The good stars met in your horoscope,
Made you of spirit, fire and dew---
And, just because I was thrice as old
And our paths in the world diverged so wide,
Each was nought to each, must I be told?
We were fellow mortals, nought beside?

IV.

No, indeed! for God above
Is great to grant, as mighty to make,
And creates the love to reward the love:
I claim you still, for my own love's sake!
Delayed it may be for more lives yet,
Through worlds I shall traverse, not a few:
Much is to learn, much to forget
Ere the time be come for taking you.

V.

But the time will come,---at last it will,
When, Evelyn Hope, what meant (I shall say)
In the lower earth, in the years long still,
That body and soul so pure and gay?
Why your hair was amber, I shall divine,
And your mouth of your own geranium's red---
And what you would do with me, in fine,
In the new life come in the old one's stead.

VI.

I have lived (I shall say) so much since then,
Given up myself so many times,
Gained me the gains of various men,
Ransacked the ages, spoiled the climes;
Yet one thing, one, in my soul's full scope,
Either I missed or itself missed me:
And I want and find you, Evelyn Hope!
What is the issue? let us see!

VII.

I loved you, Evelyn, all the while.
My heart seemed full as it could hold?
There was place and to spare for the frank young smile,
And the red young mouth, and the hair's young gold.
So, hush,---I will give you this leaf to keep:
See, I shut it inside the sweet cold hand!
There, that is our secret: go to sleep!
You will wake, and remember, and understand.









"Requiem For Methuselah" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 14 Feb, 1969

(from internet transcript)

Captain's log, stardate 5843.8. We have accomplished our mission and have the ryetalyn ready to combat the epidemic aboard the Enterprise. But we have also discovered our benefactor's secret. He has created the perfect woman. Her only flaw, she's not human.

[Lab two]

MCCOY: Physically human but not human. These are earlier versions of Rayna, Jim. She's an android.

FLINT: Created here by my hand. Here, the centuries of loneliness were to end.

SPOCK: Your collection of Leonardo da Vinci masterpieces, Mister Flint, they appear to have been recently painted on contemporary canvas with contemporary materials. And on your piano, a waltz by Johannes Brahms, an unknown work in manuscript, written in modern ink. Yet absolutely authentic, as are your paintings.

FLINT: I am Brahms.

SPOCK: And da Vinci?

FLINT: Yes.

SPOCK: How many other names shall we call you?

FLINT: Solomon, Alexander, Lazarus, Methuselah, Merlin, Abramson. A hundred other names you do not know.

SPOCK: You were born?

FLINT: In that region of earth later called Mesopotamia, in the year 3834 BC, as the millennia are reckoned. I was Akharin, a soldier, a bully and a fool. I fell in battle, pierced to the heart and did not die.

MCCOY: Instant tissue regeneration coupled with some perfect form of biological renewal. You learned that you were immortal and

FLINT: And to conceal it. To live some portion of a life, to pretend to age and then move on before my nature was suspected.

SPOCK: Your wealth and your intellect are the product of centuries of acquisition. You knew the greatest minds in history.

FLINT: Galileo, Socrates, Moses. I have married a hundred times, Captain. Selected, loved, cherished. Caressed a smoothness, inhaled a brief fragrance. Then age, death, the taste of dust. Do you understand?

SPOCK: You wanted a perfect, ultimate woman, as brilliant, as immortal as yourself. Your mate for all time.

FLINT: Designed by my heart. I could not love her more.

KIRK: Spock, you knew?

SPOCK: I had hoped I was wrong.

FLINT: You cannot love an android, Captain. I love her. She is my handiwork, my property. She is what I desire.

KIRK:: You brought me here to learn this? Does she know?

FLINT: She will never know.









by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/31/2023 12:04 AM

I had it done that way because I like to think she's a god and doesn't need it









by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/08/2023 ~ 03:24 AM

I wrote once somewhere long ago that anything never alive can not ever be considered as 'dead'









IMDb

12 Monkeys (TV Series)

Mother (2017)

Quotes

James Cole: Greetings, asshole. I'm future asshole.



https://imdb.com/title/tt5964102/

12 Monkeys

S3.E1

Mother

Episode aired May 19, 2017

After months of searching in 2163, Cole finally finds Titan. Before he can attempt to rescue Railly, he is splintered away by a future version of himself.



12 Monkeys (TV Series)

Mother (2017)

Quotes

Future James Cole: Christ's sakes, can't you formulate a plan for once in your life?



12 Monkeys (TV Series)

Mother (2017)

Quotes

[James splinters back to his time; after a moment, Cassie approaches]

James Cole: That was harder than I thought it was gonna be.

Dr. Cassandra Railly: You told him there was hope.

James Cole: I had to get here somehow.









WarGames (1983)

Jim: This didn't come from Protovision.

Malvin: You bet it didn't! Ask him where it did come from, Jim! Go ahead, ask him!

David Lightman: I told you already.

Malvin: Looks military to me. Definitely military. Probably classified, too.



David Lightman: Yeah, but if it's military, why does it have games like checkers and backgammon?

Jim: Maybe because those are games that teach basic strategy.

David Lightman: Jim, how do I get into that system? I wanna play those games.



Malvin: You're not supposed to see any of that stuff. That system probably contains the new data encryption algorithm. You'll never get in there.

David Lightman: Hey, I don't believe that any system is totally secure. I bet you Jim could get in.



Malvin: Yeah, I bet you he couldn't!

David Lightman: I bet you he could.

Jim: Well, you'll never get in get through the frontline security. But you might look for a back door.

Malvin: I can't believe it, Jim!









The Simpsons s02e15

"Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?"

Homer Simpson: You know that little ball you put on the aerial so you can find your car in a parking lot? That should be on every car!

Design Engineer: I gotta call the boss.









WarGames (1983)

Jennifer: What is all that stuff?

David Lightman: Oh, it's nothing. I was just... I was trying to find out about the guy who designed those game programs, so I could get his secret password.

Jennifer: Why?



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 9:36 PM Pacific-time USA Saturday 03/16/2024