Sunday, March 24, 2024

Today is 03/24/2024, Post #2





IMDb

The X-Files

Young at Heart (1994)

Quotes

Dr. Joe Ridley: My work has cost me dearly. I'm an outcast in the medical community. I was called Doctor Mengele, Doctor Frankenstein... but I didn't care.

Scully: Because you knew that if your theories panned out...

Dr. Joe Ridley: The man who owns the fountain of youth controls the world.










157b-36-1__15148 .jpg, from internet









"Requiem For Methuselah" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 14 Feb, 1969

(from internet transcript)

SPOCK: How many other names shall we call you?

FLINT: Solomon, Alexander, Lazarus, Methuselah, Merlin, Abramson. A hundred other names you do not know.

SPOCK: You were born?

FLINT: In that region of earth later called Mesopotamia, in the year 3834 BC, as the millennia are reckoned. I was Akharin, a soldier, a bully and a fool. I fell in battle, pierced to the heart and did not die.

MCCOY: Instant tissue regeneration coupled with some perfect form of biological renewal. You learned that you were immortal and

FLINT: And to conceal it. To live some portion of a life, to pretend to age and then move on before my nature was suspected.

SPOCK: Your wealth and your intellect are the product of centuries of acquisition. You knew the greatest minds in history.

FLINT: Galileo, Socrates, Moses. I have married a hundred times, Captain. Selected, loved, cherished. Caressed a smoothness, inhaled a brief fragrance. Then age, death, the taste of dust. Do you understand?

SPOCK: You wanted a perfect, ultimate woman, as brilliant, as immortal as yourself. Your mate for all time.

FLINT: Designed by my heart. I could not love her more.

KIRK: Spock, you knew?

SPOCK: I had hoped I was wrong.

FLINT: You cannot love an android, Captain. I love her. She is my handiwork, my property. She is what I desire.

KIRK:: You brought me here to learn this? Does she know?

FLINT: She will never know.









"Requiem For Methuselah" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 14 Feb, 1969

(from internet transcript)

KIRK: Give me back my ship. Your secret is safe with us.

(The model Enterprise disappears, and appears back in orbit)

KIRK: That's why you delayed the processing of the ryetalyn. You realised what was happening. You kept us together, Rayna and me, because you knew I could bring her emotions alive. And now you're just going to take over.

FLINT: I shall take what is mine when she comes to me. We are mated, Captain, alike, immortal. You must forget your feelings in this matter, which is quite impossible for you.

KIRK: Impossible? Impossible. From the beginning, you used me. I can't love her, but I do love her. And she loves me.

FLINT: No!

(They tussle)

SPOCK: Captain, your primitive impulses will not alter the circumstances.

KIRK: Stay out of this. We're fighting over a woman.

SPOCK: No, you're not, for she is not.

(Flint thumps Kirk, then repeatedly throws him across the room)

RAYNA: I cannot be the cause of this. I will not be the cause of this. Please stop. Stop! I choose where I want to go.

(The men stop fighting in astonishment)

RAYNA: what I want to do. I choose. I choose.

FLINT: Rayna!

RAYNA: No. Do not order me. No one can order me!

KIRK: She's human. Down to the last blood cell, she's human. Down to the last thought, hope, aspiration, emotion, she's human. The human spirit is free. You have no power of ownership. She's free to do as she wishes.

SPOCK: Gentlemen, I urge you to stop. There is a danger.

FLINT: No man beats me.

KIRK: I don't want to beat you. This is no test of power. Rayna belongs to herself and she claims the human right of choice to be as she wills, to do as she wills, to think as she wills.

FLINT: That's what I've worked for.

KIRK: Rayna, come with me.

FLINT: Stay.

RAYNA: I was not human. Now I love. I love.









IMDb

The X-Files

Young at Heart (1994)

Quotes

Dr. Joe Ridley: I varied Barnett's treatment. Once I isolated the progeria receptors, I stumbled onto something quite unexpected... these same genes related to the production of myelin.

Scully: The material that insulates neurons in the body.

Dr. Joe Ridley: Yes. You see, myelin is not present in the very young and by reversing the effects of aging, I found, with Barnett, I was able to regulate the production of myelin. Myelin being the material that prohibits you or I from, say, regenerating a new hand if we were to have ours cut off.

Mulder: You were able to grow John Barnett a new hand?

Dr. Joe Ridley: Not exactly. Not a human hand, anyway. I could never get the cells to divide or behave properly.

Scully: I... I'm afraid to ask. What kind of hand did you grow?









IMDb

The X-Files

Young at Heart (1994)

Quotes

Mulder: Is that Doctor Ridley?

NIH Doctor: Yes, in 1974. Joe Ridley thought that he could take their accelerated aging and slow it down. Initially, some of his lab work was promising but then... things got out of control. He wanted to begin human trials.

Mulder: Why wasn't he allowed to?









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 11:15 PM Sunday, May 08, 2011

I have thought several times about a dream I had before waking up earlier today in the morning. I think about it again now, especially considering how my dreams are relevant to observations I made later in the day after having the dream, after watching on television the scene I reference now. The scene only lasted for probably a second or two of dreaming but I have thought of it several times today because of the good feeling I had during the dream. I cannot recall how it started out but the part I remember is that I seemed to be entering an office building and I got a pass to clip to my uniform shirt and I had full access to the building. What I did though is sit in a chair in the lobby, which I can only partially visualize and I could have gone on in but I was just sitting there watching people enter and leave and I think that is what I wanted to do. I looked at my watch. I cannot recall the precise time I saw in the dream but my watch might have read 12:38 PM. I sat there for a while and if I would have wrote about this dream back in early 2006 I would have wrote about how the narrator was talking to me in the dream but in the dream, no one spoke to me during that series of scenes. There almost seemed to be comments about why I was sitting there when I could go in to the office area and I had full access to that building. I was wearing a United States military uniform in the dream and after waking up I decided I was wearing a dress white United States Marine Corps officers uniform that is no longer in service. The uniform was very similar to the United States Navy officers ceremonial dress uniform but what I read earlier today is that uniform was phased in 1998, or maybe 2000. So anyway I was clearly wearing a United States military uniform and I got up from the chair in the lobby and I started walking through the office section and I was very glad to be there. I have been left with the sense all day about how I was back home. I have also been thinking that was some kind of office that I worked out of and that is here in the United States and I had been gone for a while and I was glad to be back and I was walking around and no one had realized yet that I was back. That was how the dream ended. I was walking around through the office and I noted that someone I knew didn't work in the same place. I was going somewhere specific but that was where the dream ended and I woke up and I think that was when I got up out of bed.

But anyway, as I read back through the scene I remember that before that scene was something about me being trapped in someplace that seemed to be a deep well. I was aware that I was perched on a surface and there was very dark water just below me in reach and I was worried about what was under that surface. But I was definitely trapped in a well, a long vertical cylinder of a wall made of stones and there seemed to be just enough lighting to see my surroundings. At one point I caught a frog. I was keeping it because I might have had to use it for food. But I didn't have to because I was only trapped down there for eight days without food and water and I didn't want to eat the frog, which was the only source of possible food that presented itself to me during that time I was trapped in the well. So then the part in the office building seemed to happen.









"The Menagerie", part 1 [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 17 Nov, 1966

(from internet transcript)

[Mendez' office]

KIRK: Once more, Jose. Spock stated he received a message for us to come here. He entered same in his log. That's all the proof I require.

MENDEZ: And what do those record tapes show? No message sent from here. No message received by your vessel.

KIRK: Then I suggest the record tapes have been deliberately changed. A computer expert can change record tapes, duplicate voices, say anything, say nothing.

MENDEZ: The fact remains that your first officer's former captain is hospitalised, horribly injured, at this base, and that same first officer seems to be the only one who heard that message.









excerpts

https://papersofprinceton.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=NassauLit18830501-01.2.10&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-------

Princeton University

Nassau Literary Magazine, Volume 39, Number 1, 1 May 1883

The Short Poems Of Robert Browning.

A poem which produces such an effect as this must on all who read it, comes from the heart of a poet and not from the study of a mere verse-maker.









From 12/12/1889 ( biographical - Robert Browning dead ) To 2/11/1994 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The X Files"::"Young at Heart" ) is 38046 days

38046 = 19023 + 19023

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/2/2017 ( ) is 19023 days



From 5/8/2011 ( by me, Kerry Burgess ) To 12/2/2017 ( ) is 2400 days

2400 = 1200 + 1200

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/14/1969 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Requiem for Methuselah" ) is 1200 days



From 11/17/1966 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"The Menagerie - Part 1" ) To 12/2/2017 ( ) is 18643 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/17/2016 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, referenced here below ) is 18643 days



From 11/24/1966 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"The Menagerie - Part 2" ) To 12/2/2017 ( ) is 18636 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/10/2016 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, referenced here below ) is 18636 days



From: Real Love Sex Dolls (reallovesexdolls.com)

Sent: Saturday, December 2, 2017 3:33 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Your RLSD LP Order Confirmation

Your Order Contains...

157 B Evelyn









Each was nought to each, must I be told? / We were fellow mortals, nought beside?

- Robert Browning









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: November 17, 2016 8:50 pm

Kerry Burgess updated his status.

"What's on your mind?" Facebook keeps asking me OVER AND OVER AND OVER!

I don't take orders from you.









"The Menagerie", part 1 [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 17 Nov, 1966

(from internet transcript)

BOYCE: What's been on your mind, Chris, the fight on Rigel seven?

PIKE: Shouldn't it be? My only yeoman and two others dead, seven injured.

BOYCE: Was there anything you personally could have done to prevent it?

PIKE: Oh, I should have smelled trouble when I saw the swords and the armour. Instead of that, I let myself get trapped in that deserted fortress and attacked by one of their warriors.

BOYCE: Chris, you set standards for yourself no one could meet. You treat everyone on board like a human being except yourself, and now you're tired and you

PIKE: You bet I'm tired. You bet. I'm tired of being responsible for two hundred and three lives. I'm tired of deciding which mission is too risky and which isn't, and who's going on the landing party and who doesn't, and who lives and who dies. Boy, I've had it, Phil.

BOYCE: To the point of finally taking my advice, a rest leave?

PIKE: To the point of considering resigning.

BOYCE: And do what?

PIKE: Well, for one thing, go home. Nice little town with fifty miles of park land around it. Remember I told you I had two horses, and we used to take some food and ride out all day.

BOYCE: Ah, that sounds exciting. Ride out with a picnic lunch every day.

PIKE: I said that's one place I might go. I might go into business on Regulus or on the Orion colony.

BOYCE: You, an Orion trader, dealing in green animal women, slaves?

PIKE: The point is this isn't the only life available. There's a whole galaxy of things to choose from.

BOYCE: Not for you. A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on, and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.

PIKE: Now you're beginning to talk like a doctor, bartender.

BOYCE: Take your choice. We both get the same two kinds of customers. The living and the dying.









(from internet transcript)

[Starbase Computer Centre]

VOICE: (slow) Starbase Operations. (fast) Starbase Operations. (Spock adjusts it to sound normal) Starbase Operations. Starbase Operations, Enterprise. Standby to receive new orders, Enterprise.

[Bridge]

UHURA: Starbase Operation, Mister Hansen.

VOICE: Starbase Operations to Enterprise. Standby to receive new orders. They're to be fed directly into the ship's computers. This is top secret and scrambled.

HANSEN: Enterprise standing by. Request confirmation.

UHURA: Enterprise to Starbase. Request confirmation.

[Starbase Computer Centre]

CHIEF: Sir, this is a security area. What are you doing here?

SPOCK: I have security clearance, Chief.

CHIEF: Who gave you clearance? I haven't been notified. You're cross-circuiting the. (struggle) Whose tapes are these?

UHURA: Repeat, Enterprise to Starbase. Orders received. We need operating confirmation from the ship's Captain. (Spock pinches the Chief unconscious)

[Bridge]

UHURA: Come in, Starbase. Come in, Captain Kirk.

[Starbase Computer Centre]

(Spock inserts data chip)

[ by me, Kerry Burgess: Which gives them too much technical credit. Those uninspired, "hackney" writers back then (and to the present) called it a "tape", which was basically an 8-track cassette package made to look "sci-fi" ]

KIRK: This is Captain Kirk. You have confirmation, Miss Uhura.

[Bridge]

HANSEN: Hansen here, Captain.

[Starbase Computer Centre]

HANSEN: Our destination has been scramble-fed into ship's computers. Er, how can I handle the helm if I don't know where we're going?

KIRK: (another chip) Mister Spock is with me here. He'll answer all questions. Kirk out.

SPOCK: This is Mister Spock.

[Bridge]

SPOCK: The ship's computers will handle the helm on this voyage, Mister Hansen. Course will be computed and set automatically.

[Starbase Computer Centre]

SPOCK: You will not discuss this with ship's crew or starbase personnel. Do you read?

[Bridge]

HANSEN: Acknowledged, sir.

[Starbase Computer Centre]

SPOCK: Stand by. We'll warp out of orbit in one hour.

[Mendez' office]

KIRK: (watching Pike on monitor) He keeps blinking no. No to what?









KIRK: How long will he live?

MCCOY: As long as any of us. Blast medicine anyway. We've learned to tie into every human organ in the body except one. The brain. The brain is what life is all about. Now, that man can think any thought that we can, and love, hope, dream as much as we can, but he can't reach out, and no one can reach in.

KIRK: He keeps blinking no.

MCCOY: No to what? They could question him for days, weeks, before they stumble on the right thing.









KIRK: (reading) For eyes of Starfleet Command only.

MENDEZ: Oh, I'm certifying I ordered you to read it. Know anything at all about this planet?

KIRK: What every ship Captain knows. General Order 7, no vessel under any condition, emergency or otherwise, is to visit Talos Four.

MENDEZ: And to do so is the only death penalty left on our books. Only Fleet Command knows why. Not even this file explains that. (unlocks the magnetic strip) But it does name the only Earth ship that ever visited the planet.

KIRK: The Enterprise, commanded by Captain Christopher Pike.

MENDEZ: With a half Vulcan science officer named Spock.

PIPER: Commodore! Captain Pike, he's gone!

MENDEZ: Mendez here. What is it?

VOICE: Starship Enterprise, Commodore. It's warping out of orbit. Refuses to acknowledge our signal.

[Bridge]

HANSEN: Out of orbit, Mister Spock. Seems strange with no navigator on duty.

SPOCK: The Enterprise knows where she's going, Mister Hansen.

UHURA: Someone's trying to hail us, sir.

SPOCK: Maintain radio silence, Lieutenant. This is First Officer Spock. Per Starfleet orders this date, I have been placed in temporary command of the Enterprise. While our destination is secret, our mission is relatively simple. Starbase Command has assigned Captain Kirk medical rest leave until our return. His instructions are that you will obey my orders as you would his. First Officer out.

MCCOY: What's going on around here? Who said Jim needed a medical rest leave? And this call about me being needed aboard the ship. I've checked everywhere.

SPOCK: And no one from the ship made such a call.

MCCOY: That's right.

SPOCK: Doctor, I regret they elected to keep certain things from you. Will you come with me, please.

[Pike's quarters]

MCCOY: What is this, Spock? Captain, are you all right? (flash, flash) I see that you're still signaling

SPOCK: Doctor, one moment, please.

KIRK: Kirk to Doctor McCoy. I'm recording you this message, Bones, so there will be no misunderstanding. I'm sorry to have to make it an order. You're not to disturb Captain Pike with any questions. Simply take good care of him. Follow Spock's instructions to the letter. Kirk out. (flash, flash)









KIRK: Reverse power. Hold this position. Tell whoever gave those orders to report

HANSEN: Sir, there's nobody up there giving orders. Mister Spock has the computers running the ship.

KIRK: Disengage computer control, Uhura.

UHURA: We can't disengage, Captain. The helm does not respond. (Scott leaves, muttering in Gaelic)

KIRK: Computer control, come in.

COMPUTER: Computer.

KIRK: Disengage from helm.

COMPUTER: Unable to comply.

[Spock's quarters]

KIRK [on monitor]: This is the Captain. On voice command, you will override all contrary instructions. Voice command, disengage from helm.

COMPUTER: Unable to comply. Any such attempt will cross-circuit vessel's life-supporting system. Computer control cannot be disengaged until vessel reaches planet Talos Four.

Captain's log, stardate 3012.4. Despite our best efforts to disengage computers, the Enterprise is still locked on a heading for the mysterious planet Talos Four. Meanwhile, as required by Starfleet General Orders, a preliminary hearing on Lieutenant Commander Spock is being convened. And in all the years of my service, this is the most painful moment I've ever faced.









"The Menagerie, part 2" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 24 Nov, 1966

(from internet transcript)

Personal log, stardate 3013.2. Reconvening court-martial of Mister Spock and the strangest trial evidence ever heard aboard a starship. From the mysterious planet now only one hour ahead of us, the story of Captain Pike's imprisonment there.

[Hearing room]

PIKE [on screen]: Why are you here?

VINA [on screen]: To please you.

PIKE [on screen]: Are you real?

VINA [on screen]: As real as you wish.

[Pike's cell]

PIKE: No, no. No, that's not an answer. I've never met you before, never even imagined you.

VINA: Perhaps they made me out of dreams you've forgotten.

PIKE: What, and dress you in the same metal fabric they wear?

VINA: I can wear whatever you wish, be anything you wish.

PIKE: So they can see how their specimen performs? They want to see how I react, is that it?

VINA: Don't you have a, a dream, something you've always wanted very badly?

PIKE: Or do they do more than just watch me? Do they feel with me, too?

VINA: You can have whatever dream you want. I can become anything, any woman you, you've ever imagined. You can have anything you want in the whole universe. Let me please you.

PIKE: Yes. Yes, you can please me. You can tell me about them. Is there any way I can keep them from probing my mind, from using my thoughts against me? Does that frighten you? Does that mean there is a way?

VINA: You're a fool.

PIKE: Since you're not real, there's not much point in continuing this conversation, is there?









excerpts, by me, Kerry Burgess, 11/10/2016

Falling Water

Doesn't happen very often but has now happened often enough, including last night, that I have to consider that detail a recurring element of my sleeping dreams.

The details from last night have faded somewhat but the part I remember best of a sleeping dream is that a woman I don't recognize from any time in a real life and some other person with her that was too vague to recall were talking to me. The only part I recall now was the woman had a legal pad of paper and she showed me writing on the paper. The page was filled with very complex calculations. I have seen that before in sleeping dreams but the difference this time is that I can still visualize the writing on the paper. I cannot visualize well enough to recreate those complex mathematical formulas here but that is different from past occurrences because I am left with a better visualization than of other times before.

So I told the woman I wasn't interested in her math because I had much simpler math that I was using every day on my blog.

And of course, the elevators. Always with the elevators. Push the buttons and never can get to the correct floor.









Falling Water (New)

672 USAHDP: Thursday, November 10 10:00 PM [ 10:00 PM Thursday 10 November 2016 Pacific Time USA ]

Drama, Suspense, Fantasy, Science fiction

Ambergris

Tess quits the experiments and learns more about her mother's secrets; Burton rejects sleep; Taka is torn.

Original Air Date: Nov 10, 2016

[excerpt ends - by me, Kerry Burgess, 11/10/2016]









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: November 17, 2016 9:43 pm

Kerry Burgess updated his status.

Am I *too* believable?

That must be it.

In these past 200 hours my disappointment has decidedly tripled.









"The Menagerie, part 2" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 24 Nov, 1966

(from internet transcript)

[Planet surface]

(Vina is changed into a scarred, misshapen older woman)

VINA: You see why I can't go with you.

KEEPER: This is the female's true appearance.

VINA: They found me in the wreckage, dying, a lump of flesh. They rebuilt me. Everything works, but they had never seen a human. They had no guide for putting me back together.

KEEPER: It was necessary to convince you her desire to stay is an honest one.

PIKE: You'll give her back her illusion of beauty?

KEEPER: And more.









https://reallovesexdolls.com/164j-5ft5-sex-doll/

164J / 5FT5 SEX DOLL



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 9:16 PM Pacific-time USA Sunday 03/24/2024