Saturday, March 02, 2024

Today is 03/02/2024






2024-03-01_bluetreeny_1

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3_Xof1srY7/?img_index=1









Space: Above And Beyond

"Stardust"

TV-series season 1 episode 20, 04/19/1996

US Marine Corps first lieutenant Cooper Hawkes: My question isn't really about the system. It's about you.

US Marine Corps Colonel Klingman: You got a problem with me?

Cooper Hawkes: Yeah.

Klingman: Sit down.

Cooper Hawkes: You won't be there. I mean, you yourself? You seem okay to me. You seem like you know what you're doing with this stuff. But a machine - all this? It can't feel what we do out there. When we're under enemy attack and it just becomes one big hairy fur ball and you don't know up from down and your heart's pounding because you're taking enemy fire from your 6:00 and 12:00 and you barely have time to think for yourself - somehow we all just know. We feel where each other are. And I'm there for them and they're for me.

Klingman: You're talking about situational awareness.

Cooper Hawkes: Yeah! And I don't see how you can have it sitting in a closet in the Saratoga. Now, I'm not trying to rag on you but have you ever had your wingman - a good buddy - blown out of the sky then have to drive on while g-forces are tearing you out of your seat?

Klingman: I'm an engineer, Lieutenant.

Cooper Hawkes: And then puke all over yourself when you came out of the roll?

Klingman: Yes, but not in an airplane.

Cooper Hawkes: Have you ever been shot at?

Klingman: No. I've never been in a dogfight. But why must I have taken a life in order for you to trust me? This machine - these wires - will save millions of lives. This plan - my idea - is my part to bring everyone home soon. Safe. And I would think you could believe in and trust someone who's working to be able to spend a night with you back home rather than going out to look up your name on some war memorial wall.









Idiocracy (2006)

Quotes

So you think you can escape again like you did last time?

No. They pretty much fixed that.

How?

They chained me to a big rock.









David Letterman - December 28, 1989

David Letterman: What's the worst gift this guy has given you?

Phoebe Cates: It turned out to be this enormous thing and when I took the sheet down, my friends in the room screamed, it was so, well, imposing.



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 2:53 PM Pacific-time USA Saturday 03/02/2024