Sunday, March 10, 2024

Today is 03/10/2024, Post #3





https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9154652/

IMDb

Daybreak

S1.E1

Josh vs. the Apocalypse: Part 1

Episode aired Oct 24, 2019

Sure, Los Angeles is now a post-apocalyptic wasteland, but it's not all bad. In fact, for C-student survivor Josh Wheeler, it's a big improvement.










daybreak_s1e1_netflix-00h-35m-23s
daybreak_s1e1_netflix-00h-35m-31s
daybreak_s1e1_netflix-00h-35m-30s
daybreak_s1e1_netflix-00h-35m-25s









From 3/29/1916 ( ) To 3/10/2024 ( Today , Sunday ) is 39428 days

39428 = 19714 + 19714

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/24/2019 ( ) is 19714 days










2024-03-10_1

https://papersofprinceton.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19160329-01.2.2&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-------









From 3/7/1986 ( ) To 3/10/2024 ( Today , Sunday ) is 13883 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/6/2003 ( ) is 13883 days










2024-03-10_2

https://papersofprinceton.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian20031106-01.2.8.1&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-------










1986-03-07_0-b










highlander-1986_01h-09m-14s
highlander-1986_01h-09m-28s
highlander-1986_01h-09m-51s









From 8/14/2017 ( ) To 3/10/2024 ( Today , Sunday ) is 2400 days

2400 = 1200 + 1200

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/14/1969 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Requiem for Methuselah" ) is 1200 days









by me, Kerry Burgess, August 14, 2017 12:01 am

Watching this now on Comcast On Demand and again for the first time in a very long the first thought that came to mind in the first few minutes was: what if my degree in the early 1990s really was from Princeton University. Thomas Reagan, a 1969 graduate of Princeton University, unpublished by anyone but me, as well as also a major movie studio executive and financial owner, made the arrangements for my studies there. My work in Columbia was as a professor in the second half of the 1990s.









From 2/14/1969 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Requiem for Methuselah" ) To 3/10/2024 ( Today , Sunday ) is 20113 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/26/2020 ( ) is 20113 days









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 1:00 AM November 26, 2020

Most of the details have faded now from my conscious mind

One scene that has stayed with me is a couple of people I spoke with

A young man and young woman were walking along

They were immortal, I learned

I pointed at nearby trees and quipped they were older than those trees









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lise_Meitner

Lise Meitner

From Wikipedia

Lise Meitner (born Elise Meitner, 7 November 1878 – 27 October 1968) was an Austrian-Swedish physicist who was one of those responsible for the discovery of the element protactinium and nuclear fission. While working on radioactivity at the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute of Chemistry in Berlin, she discovered the radioactive isotope protactinium-231 in 1917. In 1938, Meitner and her nephew, the physicist Otto Robert Frisch, discovered nuclear fission.









From 3/16/2021 ( ) To 3/10/2024 ( Today , Sunday ) is 1090 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/27/1968 ( biographical - Lise Meitner dead ) is 1090 days










2021-03-16_0-e









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me - H.V.O.M at 7:55 AM Monday, October 11, 2010

I was thinking extensively about that again last night.

The existence is okay for a while but then it becomes tormenting enough to look for a way back to the real world. There is always something important missing that eventually becomes unbearable.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: July 15, 2017 11:11 pm

The Leftovers - The Book of Nora - television series episode Season 3 Episode 8 - Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jun 04, 2017 on HBO (Comcast On Demand 15 July 2017)

Answers are elusive in the series finale.



Nora Durst: I knew there was a chance it would kill me, but I made my peace with that. And I said goodbye to my brother and I climbed right in.

Kevin Garvey: And then you changed your mind.

Nora Durst: No. I didn't change my mind. I went through. I was in the parking lot, naked curled up like a baby. It was the same parking lot I'd just been in, except there were no trucks no people, no nothing. It was cold, so I started to walk. I walked by empty houses abandoned buildings. And I found a store, so I went in and there were clothes there-- clothes hanging on racks-- so I got dressed and I got back to walking. I walked long enough to convince myself that I was the only thing alive in that place. And then night came, and I saw lights, so I went to them. It was a house, and there was a man and a women there. They were kind and they told me the man told me that seven years earlier, he was in a supermarket and every single person disappeared except for him. And the women told me that she lost her husband, her three daughters, and all eight of her grandchildren. And that's when I understood. Over here, we lost some of them. But over there, they lost all of us.



Nora Durst: They were happy. And I understood that here in this place, they were the lucky ones. In a world full of orphans, they still had each other. And I was a ghost. I was a ghost who had no place there. And that, Kevin, is when I changed my mind. The physicists who sent me through told me the first person to use the machine was the guy who invented it. His name was Dr. Van Eeghen. I'm pretty sure they were making fun of me, but they said when I went over that I should look him up, so I did. That took a long time, too. But I found him and I asked him to make another machine because he already knew how. And he asked me if I had come all that way, why in God's name did I wanna go back? And I told him it's because I didn't belong there. So, he built it. And I came back through. I came back here. Did I think about you? Did I wanna call you? Did I wanna be with you, Kevin? Of course I did. But so much time had passed. It was too late. And I knew that if I told you what happened that you would never believe me.

Kevin Garvey: I believe you.









by me, Kerry Burgess: 21 June 2015

She went before I did but I was already there.

I thought about that extensively. I think I wrote here before about how I tried to find again what I thought I wrote in my journal about it but could not find anything.

I had been there for months or longer. One day, I was passing through New York and I had the urge to drive through New York City. I was thinking that my mind was laboring with the notion I would be leaving there on that day going back to the real world and so I had taken out of my luggage my dress white US Navy uniform I was wearing that day months and months ago I found myself there in my new world. I had parked somewhere in the massive urban city and was walking along when I saw her there on the sidewalk, thinking she was a mannequin. I thought extensively of how only certain new vessels remained and I operated one US Navy ship to cross the Atlantic. We parted at a doorway after stating I would return to Charleston and I walked through a doorway before I even thought to say goodbye turning to find myself alone again.









The Leftovers (2014) s03e08

"The Book of Nora"

Nora Durst: And that's when I understood. Over here, we lost some of them. But over there, they lost all of us. So, I went and did what I came there to do. I went to find my kids. Planes don't really fly over there. They have enough resources, just not enough pilots. So, I found a boat that would take me. No boats go directly from Australia to New York, so it took me a long time to get there.









"The Book of Nora" - The Leftovers

Nora Durst: The physicists who sent me through told me the first person to use the machine was the guy who invented it. His name was Dr. Van Eeghen.



"The Book of Nora" - The Leftovers

Nora Durst: I'm pretty sure they were making fun of me, but they said when I went over that I should look him up, so I did. That took a long time, too. But I found him and I asked him to make another









by me, Kerry Burgess, 08/24/2022:

Annoyed, I have sometimes gone back and corrected obvious errors made by me in my past journal entries. Sometimes I have noted that it's corrected, many other times, I have not.

Lately, I have found myself reluctant to continue that practice for the specific reason that most are from Epoch 4 (currently Epoch 5.11) and since those from Epoch 4 were created by my hypothetical predecessor then I must assume the possibility of *deliberate* error

In this present day, I still find myself making simple errors (many others do that also, I have comforted myself by observing patterns by other people) and most errors by me are caused by two reasons: one, my creative mind. Two, I don't like proofreading until after making the actual post, otherwise I have to read it twice and that's tedious and I've been bored with this process for so many, many years. But must not let myself squander this opportunity!

Finally, I decided to just make the correction









corrected text, 08/24/2022: by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 7:55 AM Monday, October 11, 2010

Kerry Burgess, in the only time I know about, because he has not returned from his second trip, was in there for a time I later presumed, because of his astronomical readings in the sky, of which I assumed was accurate in this real world. He had no clocks so he spent almost all his time, which was probably more than fifty years, trying to find a way to measure time. There were no people in that world but sometimes he would see mannequins positioned around and sometimes those mannequins would be positioned around where he had been trying to measure time, such as by chiseling marks into rock, which the mannequins were then standing in front of and that [chronology activity site] had been sabotaged.









Evelyn-B_157 says to me: No! No, you're not getting out of here today, you dumbass!

Hope-J_164 says to me: She means it, dude.










157b-36-1__15148










DSC03397_ -1



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 9:01 PM Pacific-time USA Sunday 03/10/2024