Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Today is 03/13/2024, Post #2





by me, Kerry Burgess, 03/13/2024 9:56 PM

[echoing] [non-verbally, non-visually] MUST watch for first time and MUST be today , must watch today , must watch today










2024-03-13_1

https://papersofprinceton.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19340427-01.2.15&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-------









From 4/27/1934 ( ) To 3/13/2024 ( Today , Wednesday ) is 32828 days

32828 = 16414 + 16414

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/11/2010 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, referenced here ) is 16414 days









From 11/12/2023 ( ) To 3/13/2024 ( Today , Wednesday ) is 122 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/4/1966 ( ) is 122 days










2024-03-13_2

https://papersofprinceton.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19660304-01.2.2&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-------









excerpts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beacon_23

Beacon 23

From Wikipedia

Beacon 23 is an American science fiction psychological thriller series created by Zak Penn, based on the short story series of the same name by Hugh Howey.

the series premiered on MGM+ on November 12, 2023

The rocks cause Halan's PTSD hallucinations to worsen.










2023-11-12_3









https://www.amazon.com/Beacon-23-Complete-Hugh-Howey-ebook/dp/B0151HYRCS

amazon

Beacon 23: The Complete Novel

by Hugh Howey (Author) Format: Kindle Edition

Publication date September 6, 2015

[This work contains the five Beacon 23 stories, originally released in serialized form. The full novel costs 4 cents more than the set of five stories, but saves you 4 extra clicks of the mouse. I hope you enjoy.]

For centuries, men and women have manned lighthouses to ensure the safe passage of ships. It is a lonely job, and a thankless one for the most part. Until something goes wrong. Until a ship is in distress.

In the 23rd century, this job has moved into outer space. A network of beacons allows ships to travel across the Milky Way at many times the speed of light. These beacons are built to be robust. They never break down. They never fail.

At least, they aren't supposed to.










2023-11-12_1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Howard_Armstrong










2023-11-12_2










2023-11-12_4









From 3/31/1995 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Outer Limits"::"Valerie 23" ) To 11/12/2023 ( ) is 10453 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/16/1994 ( premiere USA film "Deconstructing Sarah" ) is 10453 days



From 12/6/1979 ( premiere USA film "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" ) To 11/12/2023 ( ) is 16047 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/9/2009 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Stargate: Universe"::"Air - Part 3" ) is 16047 days



From 12/26/1933 ( Edwin Armstrong awarded four United States patents for his invention of frequency modulation devices ) To 11/12/2023 ( ) is 32828 days

32828 = 16414 + 16414

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/11/2010 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, referenced here ) is 16414 days



From 10/1/1952 ( premiere USA TV series "Death Valley Days" ) To 10/11/2010 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, referenced here ) is 21194 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/12/2023 ( ) is 21194 days



From 10/28/2019 ( in France, debut of the streaming-video serial "War of the Worlds" ) To 11/12/2023 ( ) is 1476 days

1476 = 738 + 738

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/10/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) is 738 days



From 6/8/1993 ( commencement, Princeton University Class of 1993 ) To 11/12/2023 ( ) is 11114 days

11114 = 5557 + 5557

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/19/1981 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication {The "Not a Joke" edition}, Princeton University: Carol Akers - Princetonian NUCLEAR WASTE - PPL Chief Enrico Fermi Confers With DOE Officials After An Errant Wrench Demolished Princeton's Biggamak ) is 5557 days



From 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my US Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 11/12/2023 ( ) is 10554 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/25/1994 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Simpsons"::"Another Simpsons Clip Show" ) is 10554 days



From 6/29/1995 ( the Mir space station docking of the United States space shuttle Atlantis orbiter vehicle mission STS-71 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps commissioned-officer and United States STS-71 pilot astronaut and my 3rd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 11/12/2023 ( ) is 10363 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/18/1994 ( {puppet-in-chief} Bill Clinton, 42nd President of USA: Remarks at the Bosnian Federation Agreement Signing Ceremony ) is 10363 days



From 9/18/1947 ( Central Intelligence Agency of the United States of America begins active-duty ) To 11/12/2023 ( ) is 27814 days

27814 = 13907 + 13907

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/30/2003 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, the amateur-competitor number 332, I successfully completed the Seattle Marathon ) is 13907 days



From 9/18/1947 ( Central Intelligence Agency of the United States of America begins active-duty ) To 11/12/2023 ( ) is 27814 days

27814 = 13907 + 13907

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/30/2003 ( premiere USA TV "The Reagans" ) is 13907 days



From 7/25/1946 ( the United States Operation Crossroads - Bikini Atoll - 2nd of 2 atomic bomb detonations and underwater detonation code-name Baker ) To 11/12/2023 ( ) is 28234 days

28234 = 14117 + 14117

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/27/2004 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, the amateur-competitor number 878, I successfully completed the Ironman Coeur d'Alene triathlon ) is 14117 days



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13489644/

IMDb

Beacon 23

S1.E1

Corbenic

Episode aired Nov 12, 2023

Beacon 23 (2023)

On the outskirts of space, Beacon 23 is operated by one man, who helps ships navigate the hazards of space travel. But the job becomes complicated when an unexpected visitor exposes a dark secret hidden on the beacon.

Top cast

Stephan James as Halan

Lena Headey as Aster









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109585/releaseinfo/

IMDb

Deconstructing Sarah

Release info

United States June 16, 1994

Sarah's made partner in an ad agency. She has a secret, wild nightlife as Ruth. Despite a bartender's warning, she goes home with Kenny. He's possessive, nasty, and discovers Sarah's identity. A BFF tries to help.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0667998/

IMDb

The Outer Limits

S1.E2

Valerie 23

Episode aired Mar 31, 1995

Top cast

Sofia Shinas as Valerie

A disabled man is offered a prototype android companion in the form of the beautiful Valerie. But when he begins a romance with his physical therapist, his robot develops feelings of jealousy.









IMDb

The Outer Limits

Valerie 23

Quotes

The Control Voice: Poets argue that you are truly alive if you possess the ability to feel and love. Scientists on the other hand choose to define life in terms of proteins and carbon building blocks but what happens when these two beliefs come crashing together.









https://hvom.blogspot.com/2024/03/today-is-03072024.html

by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 4:24 PM

Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home

I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.

Thursday, March 07, 2024

Today is 03/07/2024

WarGames (1983)

Jennifer: What's so special about playing games with some machine?

David Lightman: Oh, no... No, it's not just some machine.









by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/08/2023 ~ 03:24 AM

I wrote once somewhere long ago that anything never alive can not ever be considered as 'dead'









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0946051/

IMDb

Death Valley Days

S1.E1

How Death Valley Got Its Name

Episode aired Oct 1, 1952

A group of wagons leave a wagon train to head due west from Salt Lake City. Soon they find themselves trapped in a hot arid desert with their food and water diminishing rapidly.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Valley

Death Valley

From Wikipedia

Death Valley is a desert valley in Eastern California, in the northern Mojave Desert, bordering the Great Basin Desert. It is thought to be the hottest place on Earth during summer.

Climate

Death Valley has a subtropical, hot desert climate, with long, extremely hot summers; short, warm winters; and little rainfall.

History

The valley received its English name in 1849 during the California Gold Rush. It was called Death Valley by prospectors and others who sought to cross the valley on their way to the gold fields, after 13 pioneers perished from one early expedition of wagon trains. During the 1850s, gold and silver were extracted in the valley. In the 1880s, borax was discovered and extracted by mule-drawn wagons.










sgu_101_1600
stargate-universe_season1-ep3_00h00m02s
2017_Nk20_DSCN0078 sgu
2016_Nk20_DSCN0610 sgu
2016_Nk20_DSCN0598 sgu









by me, Kerry Burgess, 08/24/2022:

Annoyed, I have sometimes gone back and corrected obvious errors made by me in my past journal entries. Sometimes I have noted that it's corrected, many other times, I have not.

Lately, I have found myself reluctant to continue that practice for the specific reason that most are from Epoch 4 (currently Epoch 5.11) and since those from Epoch 4 were created by my hypothetical predecessor then I must assume the possibility of *deliberate* error

In this present day, I still find myself making simple errors (many others do that also, I have comforted myself by observing patterns by other people) and most errors by me are caused by two reasons: one, my creative mind. Two, I don't like proofreading until after making the actual post, otherwise I have to read it twice and that's tedious and I've been bored with this process for so many, many years. But must not let myself squander this opportunity!

Finally, I decided to just make the correction









corrected text, 08/24/2022: by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 7:55 AM Monday, October 11, 2010

Kerry Burgess, in the only time I know about, because he has not returned from his second trip, was in there for a time I later presumed, because of his astronomical readings in the sky, of which I assumed was accurate in this real world. He had no clocks so he spent almost all his time, which was probably more than fifty years, trying to find a way to measure time. There were no people in that world but sometimes he would see mannequins positioned around and sometimes those mannequins would be positioned around where he had been trying to measure time, such as by chiseling marks into rock, which the mannequins were then standing in front of and that [chronology activity site] had been sabotaged.









Evelyn-B_157 says to me: No! No, you're not getting out of here today, you dumbass!

Hope-J_164 says to me: She means it, dude.










DSC03397_ -1









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me - H.V.O.M at 7:55 AM Monday, October 11, 2010

I was thinking extensively about that again last night.

The existence is okay for a while but then it becomes tormenting enough to look for a way back to the real world. There is always something important missing that eventually becomes unbearable.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: July 15, 2017 11:11 pm

The Leftovers - The Book of Nora - television series episode Season 3 Episode 8 - Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jun 04, 2017 on HBO (Comcast On Demand 15 July 2017)

Answers are elusive in the series finale.



Nora Durst: I knew there was a chance it would kill me, but I made my peace with that. And I said goodbye to my brother and I climbed right in.

Kevin Garvey: And then you changed your mind.

Nora Durst: No. I didn't change my mind. I went through. I was in the parking lot, naked curled up like a baby. It was the same parking lot I'd just been in, except there were no trucks no people, no nothing. It was cold, so I started to walk. I walked by empty houses abandoned buildings. And I found a store, so I went in and there were clothes there-- clothes hanging on racks-- so I got dressed and I got back to walking. I walked long enough to convince myself that I was the only thing alive in that place. And then night came, and I saw lights, so I went to them. It was a house, and there was a man and a women there. They were kind and they told me the man told me that seven years earlier, he was in a supermarket and every single person disappeared except for him. And the women told me that she lost her husband, her three daughters, and all eight of her grandchildren. And that's when I understood. Over here, we lost some of them. But over there, they lost all of us.



Nora Durst: They were happy. And I understood that here in this place, they were the lucky ones. In a world full of orphans, they still had each other. And I was a ghost. I was a ghost who had no place there. And that, Kevin, is when I changed my mind. The physicists who sent me through told me the first person to use the machine was the guy who invented it. His name was Dr. Van Eeghen. I'm pretty sure they were making fun of me, but they said when I went over that I should look him up, so I did. That took a long time, too. But I found him and I asked him to make another machine because he already knew how. And he asked me if I had come all that way, why in God's name did I wanna go back? And I told him it's because I didn't belong there. So, he built it. And I came back through. I came back here. Did I think about you? Did I wanna call you? Did I wanna be with you, Kevin? Of course I did. But so much time had passed. It was too late. And I knew that if I told you what happened that you would never believe me.

Kevin Garvey: I believe you.









The Leftovers (2014) s03e08

"The Book of Nora"

Nora Durst: And that's when I understood. Over here, we lost some of them. But over there, they lost all of us. So, I went and did what I came there to do. I went to find my kids. Planes don't really fly over there. They have enough resources, just not enough pilots. So, I found a boat that would take me. No boats go directly from Australia to New York, so it took me a long time to get there.









"The Book of Nora" - The Leftovers

Nora Durst: The physicists who sent me through told me the first person to use the machine was the guy who invented it. His name was Dr. Van Eeghen.



"The Book of Nora" - The Leftovers

Nora Durst: I'm pretty sure they were making fun of me, but they said when I went over that I should look him up, so I did. That took a long time, too. But I found him and I asked him to make another









by me, Kerry Burgess: 21 June 2015

She went before I did but I was already there.

I thought about that extensively. I think I wrote here before about how I tried to find again what I thought I wrote in my journal about it but could not find anything.

I had been there for months or longer. One day, I was passing through New York and I had the urge to drive through New York City. I was thinking that my mind was laboring with the notion I would be leaving there on that day going back to the real world and so I had taken out of my luggage my dress white US Navy uniform I was wearing that day months and months ago I found myself there in my new world. I had parked somewhere in the massive urban city and was walking along when I saw her there on the sidewalk, thinking she was a mannequin. I thought extensively of how only certain new vessels remained and I operated one US Navy ship to cross the Atlantic. We parted at a doorway after stating I would return to Charleston and I walked through a doorway before I even thought to say goodbye turning to find myself alone again.









https://www.poetry.com/poem/30347/evelyn-hope

Evelyn Hope

Robert Browning 1812 - 1889

I.

Beautiful Evelyn Hope is dead!
Sit and watch by her side an hour.
That is her book-shelf, this her bed;
She plucked that piece of geranium-flower,
Beginning to die too, in the glass;
Little has yet been changed, I think:
The shutters are shut, no light may pass
Save two long rays thro' the hinge's chink.

II.

Sixteen years old, when she died!
Perhaps she had scarcely heard my name;
It was not her time to love; beside,
Her life had many a hope and aim,
Duties enough and little cares,
And now was quiet, now astir,
Till God's hand beckoned unawares,---
And the sweet white brow is all of her.

III.

Is it too late then, Evelyn Hope?
What, your soul was pure and true,
The good stars met in your horoscope,
Made you of spirit, fire and dew---
And, just because I was thrice as old
And our paths in the world diverged so wide,
Each was nought to each, must I be told?
We were fellow mortals, nought beside?

IV.

No, indeed! for God above
Is great to grant, as mighty to make,
And creates the love to reward the love:
I claim you still, for my own love's sake!
Delayed it may be for more lives yet,
Through worlds I shall traverse, not a few:
Much is to learn, much to forget
Ere the time be come for taking you.

V.

But the time will come,---at last it will,
When, Evelyn Hope, what meant (I shall say)
In the lower earth, in the years long still,
That body and soul so pure and gay?
Why your hair was amber, I shall divine,
And your mouth of your own geranium's red---
And what you would do with me, in fine,
In the new life come in the old one's stead.

VI.

I have lived (I shall say) so much since then,
Given up myself so many times,
Gained me the gains of various men,
Ransacked the ages, spoiled the climes;
Yet one thing, one, in my soul's full scope,
Either I missed or itself missed me:
And I want and find you, Evelyn Hope!
What is the issue? let us see!

VII.

I loved you, Evelyn, all the while.
My heart seemed full as it could hold?
There was place and to spare for the frank young smile,
And the red young mouth, and the hair's young gold.
So, hush,---I will give you this leaf to keep:
See, I shut it inside the sweet cold hand!
There, that is our secret: go to sleep!
You will wake, and remember, and understand.










star-trek-the-motion-picture_01h51m13s










DSCN3734_-1









Stargate: Universe - Air - television series premiere episodes part 3 of 3 - Season 1 Episode 3 - Friday 09 October 2009

(from internet transcript)

EARTH. THE PENTAGON. Colonel David Telford is sitting in Doctor Lee's lab, meditating. Nearby is one of the communication stones resting on top of its control box. A woman in civilian clothing, Doctor Mehta, walks in and goes over to him just as he wakes up and tilts his head from side to side to work out the stiffness.

MEHTA: You've been sitting here since Rush made contact. Let somebody else take a shift.

TELFORD: I'm not leaving this chair. I've been on this project for the last six months and I'll be damned if I ...

(He trails off, looking vague and confused. He tilts his head again a few times.)

MEHTA: Colonel?

(To her eyes, Telford is still in the chair but he has been taken over by Colonel Young. He looks up at her for a moment, then looks down at his uniform and his hands. He lifts his head and looks at Telford's image on the computer screen in front of him.)

YOUNG: This-this is strange.

MEHTA: Doctor Rush, is that you?

YOUNG: No, it's Colonel Young. I need you to put me in a room with General O'Neill.

(He stands up slowly, adjusting to being in a fitter body than the one he left behind, then turns to the doctor.)

YOUNG: I'm gonna need you, too.

DESTINY. Colonel Telford, now in Young's body, is lying flat on his face on the floor as Lieutenant Tamara Johansen kneels over him. Nearby, two of the communication stones are on top of the control box.

JOHANSEN: Sir, I told you not to get up.

TELFORD (rolling painfully onto his back): What did he do to himself?

JOHANSEN: He's got cracked ribs, more bruises than I can count and a concussion that resulted in neurapraxia.

TELFORD: Well, that's just great!









Stargate: Universe - Air - television series premiere episodes part 3 of 3 - Season 1 Episode 3 - Friday 09 October 2009

(from internet transcript)

O'NEILL: So, how is it going out there, really?

YOUNG: I don't know what Rush has told you, but we may not have much time left. The ship's very old - it's falling apart.

O'NEILL: Fix it.

YOUNG: We're trying. Even if we can get the life support working, we don t have much food and water.

O'NEILL: Then go get some.

YOUNG: We're not supposed to be there, sir. These are the wrong people in the wrong place and, as a group, they're just not qualified.

O'NEILL: Oh, please! I wasn't qualified to lead that first team through the Stargate ...

YOUNG: I understand that, sir ...

O'NEILL: In the past dozen years or so, we've sent hundreds of teams through that thing.

(He thinks for a moment, then smiles ruefully.)

O'NEILL: I think the bottom line is: none of us are qualified.

YOUNG: I just think we're gonna get to a point very soon where everyone on board should get a chance to say goodbye.

O'NEILL (nodding): Understood.










star-trek-the-motion-picture_02h02m42s
star-trek-the-motion-picture_02h03m23s
star-trek-the-motion-picture_02h02m39s










war-of-the-worlds_season1-ep1-2020_00h-03m-55s
war-of-the-worlds_season1-ep1-2020_00h-04m-01s
war-of-the-worlds_season1-ep1-2020_00h-04m-06s
war-of-the-worlds_season1-ep1-2020_00h-04m-47s










beacon-23_s1e1-2023_00h-45m-37s
beacon-23_s1e1-2023_00h-45m-40s
beacon-23_s1e1-2023_00h-45m-43s
beacon-23_s1e1-2023_00h-46m-20s









10/09/09 12:17 AM

My purpose is not simply to just live as a replicant.

I am a replicant.

But my purpose is not simply to exist as replicant.

I am



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 10:26 PM Pacific-time USA Wednesday 03/13/2024