Saturday, August 16, 2008

Apocalypse Now (1979)




I went back through U.S. Navy BUD/S again in 1978 even though I did not technically need to but I did need a record of U.S. Navy SEAL training and qualification that was not as critically classified as it was until now as my pre-1978 United States federal military record. So my pre-1978 militray record remained critically classified and I continued along a career path based on that critically classified United States federal military record but I also had a United States federal military career path and record that was not as critically classified but yet highly classified until now and until the past few years.





http://www.cswap.com/1979/Apocalypse_Now/cap/en/25fps/a/00_24

Apocalypse Now


:24:58
Like they said, he had
an impressive career,

:25:02
maybe too impressive.

:25:04
I mean perfect.

:25:06
He was being groomed

:25:08
for one of the top slots
in the corporation--

:25:13
general, chief of staff,
anything.

:25:15
In 1964, he returned from
a tour in Vietnam,

:25:20
and things
started to slip.

:25:22
His report to
the Joint Chiefs of Staff

:25:26
and Lyndon Johnson
was restricted.

:25:29
Seems they didn't dig
what he had to say.

:25:33
He made three requests
for transfer

:25:36
to airborne training,
Fort Benning, Georgia,

:25:39
and was finally accepted.

:25:44
Airborne.

:25:48
He was 38 years old.

:25:52
Why the fuck
would he do that?

:25:57
"1966,

:25:59
"joins Special Forces,










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077294/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Capricorn One (1978)


Walter Loughlin: Listen to me and listen good. I don't like you, Caulfield. You're ambitious. You think the way to get ahead is to come up with the scoop of the century. Woodward and Bernstein were good reporters, that's how they did it. Not by telling me they've located Patty Hearst three times like you did or that brilliant piece of investigative journalism you pulled off by finding an eye witness to the second gunman in the Kennedy assassination. The small fact that the man had been in a mental institution at the time never deterred you, not 'scoop' Caulfield. Now most reporters are like me. They are plodders. They spend a lot of their time checking little things... like *facts*. They cover mundane stories like wars and trials and hearings. You never seem to have enough time in your busy schedual to stoop so low as to cover a story. You occupy your time with tips from people who never existed. Driving your car into water and claiming it wasn't your fault. Getting shot at by unseen gunmen. Now I really hate to interrupt your meteoric career with something so plebian as a legitimate story.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Naval_Academy

United States Naval Academy

The United States Naval Academy is an undergraduate college in Annapolis, Maryland, United States that educates and commissions officers of the United States Navy and Marine Corps.


Midshipmen are not classified as freshmen, sophomores, junior, and seniors. Instead they are classified fourth class, third class, second class, and first class.

Fourth Class, the lowest rank of midshipmen structure are also knowns as "plebes," from the Latin "plebeian," the lowest class of Roman citizen. Because the first year at The Academy is one of transformation from a civilian into a future navy officer or Marine, they are forced to conform to a number of rules and regulations not placed on their seniors, the upper three classes of Midshipmen, and have additional tasks and responsibilities that will disappear upon their promotion to Midshipmen Third Class.










1978 - 1979

1979 - 1980

1980 - 1981

1981 - 1982










From 7/21/1969 ( I was Apollo 11 Eagle astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) to 5/1/1983 ( U.S. Navy SEAL Team designation ) is: 5032 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 12/11/1972 ( I was Apollo 17 Challenger astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) is: 5032 days


http://www.seal.navy.mil/seal/introduction.aspx

On 23 November 1943, the U. S. Marine landing on Tarawa Atoll emphasized the need for hydrographic reconnaissance and underwater demolition of obstacles prior to any amphibious landing.

After Tarawa, 30 officers and 150 enlisted men were moved to Waimanalo Amphibious Training Base to form the nucleus of a demolition training program. This group became Underwater Demolition Teams (UDT) ONE and TWO.


On May 1, 1983, all UDTs were redesignated as SEAL Teams or Swimmer Delivery Vehicle Teams (SDVT).










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underwater_Demolition_Team

Underwater Demolition Team

Underwater Demolition Teams (UDT) were a precursor to the current United States Navy SEALs.










From 7/20/1969 ( I was Apollo 11 Eagle astronaut landing on Earth's moon ) to 4/16/1987 ( The United States Special Operations Command ) is: 6479 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 11/28/1976 ( I launched from the Jupiter moon Callisto for Earth and home ) is: 6479 days



From 7/21/1969 ( I was Apollo 11 Eagle astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) to 4/16/1987 ( The United States Special Operations Command ) is: 6478 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 11/26/1976 ( my first landing Jupiter moon Callisto ) is: 6478 days


http://www.socom.mil/Releases/May/20thAnniv/USSOCOM%20celebrates%20its%2020th%20anniversary.pdf

USSOCOM celebrates its 20th anniversary

By Mike Bottoms, USSOCOM Public Affairs


The U.S. Special Operations Command was formed April 16, 1987, with responsibility to organize, train and equip U.S. Special Operations Forces from the Army, Navy and Air Force.










From 6/7/1976 ( my first landing Saturn moon Phoebe and the Saturn moon Phoebe territory belongs to me ) To 8/15/1979 ( premiere US film "Apocalypse Now" ) is 1164 days

1164 = 582 + 582

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) To 2/17/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy SEAL ) is 582 days



From 9/2/1965 ( my first day as university student at Princeton University where I earned Medical Doctor degree ) to 8/15/1979 ( premiere US film "Apocalypse Now" ) is: 5095 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 2/12/1973 ( Operation Homecoming begins and I was one of the C-141A pilots transporting home the American POW's ) is: 5095 days



From 11/8/1970 ( my first ascent to Mount Everest summit ) To 8/15/1979 ( premiere US film "Apocalypse Now" ) is 3202 days

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) To 4/21/1972 ( I was Apollo 16 Orion astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) is 3202 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078788/

Apocalypse Now (1979)

Release Date: 15 August 1979 (USA)


Martin Sheen ... Captain Benjamin L. Willard










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/31/07 7:35 AM

There were several images from what seemed to be dreams just before I woke up just now.

The primary element from one dream, that I wanted to note now, is about a thesis paper I wrote. I don't remember really any other detail about that paper but I think now that I am awake that it had something to do with the planet Mars. As I am awake, and I might have been thinking about this while asleep but I don't really remember that very well, I am thinking that I wrote a thesis paper on the colonization of the planet Mars and that paper is associated primarily with my juris doctor degree from University of Oxford.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/31/07 7:40 AM

Other thoughts I have suggest that people who knew me there at University of Oxford thought it was a waste of my ability to create such a thesis paper but then they did recognize the quality of my work on the topic and now they can appreciate why I chose that topic, probably by asking each other such questions as, "Who knew?"

There were 2 primary scenes to my dreams. The first seems to be linked to that thesis paper on the planet Mars but I am not certain why, other than the planet Mars was an element of that dream. All I remember now about that dream was that I seemed to have been watching a movie that had a plot element associated with the planet Mars and I was in a movie theatre, or so I assume I was in a theatre. The only part I can actually visualize is that I was standing in a grocery store and that part doesn't seem to reconcile with my conceptions about being in a movie theatre. I was standing in that grocery store and there were other people in there that I did not know and they are all too vague to recall any details about, other than I just know there were other people there. I was standing there in front of a shelf that had glass bottles of Coca Cola on the bottom shelf and I want to say I was there to buy a bottle of Coca Cola for me and my son but I don't recall ever seeing my son in that dream. As I was standing there, I can distinctly remember holding a bottle of Coca Cola and that the bottle was cold, which seems odd because the bottles look to be on an open shelf and I don't understand how they could have been refrigerated. But those bottles associate with the dream's element about the planet Mars in that it seems the store did something to associate that Coca Cola product with the movie about the planet Mars that was being shown in the theatre. I was standing there thinking that I really doubted the Coca Cola corporation would approve of their product being used in such a manner as it would probably have a negative impact on future sales of their product. I can remember that I bought a bottle that I think was the 12 ounce product and then a bottle of that smallest size, which I think was the 6.5 ounce bottle of Coca Cola. I can remember fairly well going to the counter to pay for the two bottles and I said something to the woman at the counter, in response to something she said that I don't really remember now, about how I was buying one of those bottles to keep and that I wasn't planning on drinking it.

The second dream I had just before waking up is a lot more vague now, but it might be linked somehow to that first part but I am not really certain how. It could just be that I was in the same location or close by but I can't think of any details that link the two, although I have some kind of vague sense of connection.

In that dream, I just remember that I was getting onto my motorcycle and I was wearing a blue poncho. There were a lot of other people around me but I cannot visualize any details about them other than just the sense that there were people around me. There is some kind of sense to that dream that I was going to pick up my girlfriend but I don't think that was Phoebe and I think that was before Phoebe and I became exclusive. I want to say this all was in 1975. An element of that dream seemed to have something to do with a football game on television. The game was going to be delayed for a while so I was leaving to go see my girlfriend and there are other details to it all that I cannot now remember.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/31/07 7:59 AM

That's all the reason for much of the plot element associated with Phoebe's character in the 1982 "Fast Times At Ridgemont High." It is about our exclusive relationship. That plot element there at the end might actually be about a girlfriend that broke up with me in 1975. Something like that. I don't think I had long-term plans for that other girlfriend anyway and Phoebe had long been the woman I wanted to marry. That could be the reason for that plot element. Something about how I could write anything about Phoebe's character because anythink I wrote for her character was testament itself about her importance to me. I would want to think about the future though in whatever I created for her. Something like that.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/09/08 6:03 AM

A very intense series of dreams I just suddenly awoke from, after I guess about 3 hours of fitful sleep.

Most of the details about that last dream are gone now and I was barely consciously aware of much of it as it was going on. I was flying in an F-14 Tomcat, it seems. A lot of detail but that I can't remember. It was long ago. A lot of dialog going on between me and another pilot over the radio. I was testing some kind of new missile system and there was something wrong. Something I don't remember. I can visualize something and a lot of it but it eludes articulation.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/09/08 7:14 AM

I haven't been able to fall back asleep.

There was a lot of detail in the dream that I was only vaguely aware of after waking up. I do recognize that I was thinking a lot in terms of three dimensions, as though I was thinking in terms of maneuvering to evade the other aircraft. I was calculating in my mind, on a three-dimensional scale, of the vectors I could take that would allow me to travel in a direction so that the other pilot would not know where I went to. I was thinking of all that in terms of 3 dimensions, would makes sense that we were flying.

There was also something about 'feet per second.' Something about the new missiles I was carrying on my F-14 Tomcat was a very heavy load and that was having a severe impact on the performance of my jet. I am not certain why that was relevant in the dream.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/12/08 8:03 AM

Just I woke up just now, I seemed to have been dreaming of a house in Charleston, SC. I seemed to have just bought the house and I was getting it ready for Phoebe's arrival. I was talking to her on the telephone and I was eagerly anticipating her arrival. I vaguely recall from the dream of showing her the house, which was very nice and I hoped she liked it. The house was downtown Charleston and I vaguely remember a lot of detail in the dream. It seemed that I had the whole summer off and she and I would spend that summer together in the house. It seems I was stationed there in Charleston at the USN base. There was a lot more to the dream that I don't remember now.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/14/08 1:19 AM

I also seemed to thinking of 1975 when Phoebe and I were together just before I left for my mission to divert the comet. These details were not so much what I would describe as a dream. Rather, it all just seems to be thoughts I was having before I woke up. I don't know why I think of that distinction.

So anyway, someone was either taking photos of us together with me in that bundling bag or video or both. I suggested that Phoebe put some kind of tag on me, for some reason I explained and cannot now remember. She made a paper heart, wrote her name on it, and pinned it to my bag.










From 2/6/1964 ( I was Innsbruck Olympics gold medalist again on this day ) to 12/1/1979 ( premiere UK film "Apocalypse Now" ) is 15 years, 9 months, 3 weeks, 4 days

'1-59-34' ( my birth date UK )


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078788/releaseinfo

Release dates for

Apocalypse Now (1979)

UK 1 December 1979










This reminds me of a series of thoughts and almost-visualizations I was having in my mind a while that still does not seem to be random flights of imagination. In those series of thoughts and imaginations, I was thinking of how my wife Phoebe was showing off to my grandmother a collection of art I had created for her over the years such as medallions and so on. In one case though I had given her the medal of a Navy Cross I had received during the Vietnam War and I created an elaborate cover story for explaining where I got that item and I never did tell her that the item was a Navy Cross medal and I am not certain if she ever figured that out. So anyway, the story was elaborate and I told her among the details that I was overseas sometime around the timeframe of 1970 or earlier or later and I got that item from a shoebox a woman gave that included some items such as a wristwatch and other items and that woman was named Charlie. My grandmother pondered that detail and never did elaborate on what that meant to her but they did talk a lot afterwards and I guess my grandmother was interested in all the other stories associated with the art I had created for my wife.





http://www.cswap.com/1979/Apocalypse_Now/cap/en/25fps/a/00_05

Apocalypse Now


:05:16
When I was here,
I wanted to be there.

:05:19
When I was there,

:05:21
All I could think of

:05:23
was getting
back into the jungle.

:05:28
I'm here a week now...

:05:33
waiting for a mission,

:05:36
getting softer.

:05:43
Every minute
I stay in this room,

:05:46
I get weaker.

:05:47
Every minute
Charlie squats in the bush,

:05:50
he gets stronger.

:05:56
Each time I looked around,

:05:57
the walls moved in
a little tighter.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eagles/thelongrun.html

EAGLES LYRICS

"The Long Run"


I used to hurry a lot, I used to worry a lot
I used to stay out till the break of day
Oh, that didn't get it,
It was high time I quit it
I just couldn't carry on that way
Oh, I did some damage, I know it's true
Didn't know I was so lonely , till I found you










From 7/23/1973 ( I passed the Multistate Bar Examination ) to 9/24/1979 ( Eagles album "The Long Run" ) is: 2254 days

From 11/19/1969 ( I was Apollo 12 Intrepid astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) to 1/21/1976 ( my first landing on planet Mars and my documented and lawful exclusive claim to the territory of planet Mars ) is: 2254 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Long_Run_%28album%29

The Long Run

Studio album by Eagles

Released September 24, 1979

The Long Run is the sixth studio album by Eagles


Track listing

1. "The Long Run"










http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/f/foreigner/dirty_white_boy.html

Foreigner - Dirty White Boy lyrics

Hey, baby, if you're feelin' down
I know what's good for you all day
Are you worried what your friends see
Will it ruin your reputation lovin' me

'cause I'm a dirty white boy
Yeah a dirty white boy
A dirty white boy

Don't drive no big black car
Don't like no hollywood movie star
You want me to be true to you
You don't give a damn what I do to you

I'm just a dirty white boy










From 12/24/1968 ( I was Apollo 8 astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) to 9/11/1979 ( Foreigner "Head Games" ) is: 3913 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 11/19/1969 ( I was Apollo 12 Intrepid astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) is: 3913 days



From 7/4/1976 ( I successfully diverted Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) to 9/11/1979 ( Foreigner "Head Games" ) is: 1164 days

1164 = 582 + 582

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 2/17/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy SEAL ) is: 582 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_Games

Released September 11, 1979

Head Games is the third album by American rock band Foreigner


Track listing

1. "Dirty White Boy"