Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Does he have a chance?




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess
To: Kerry Burgess
Sent: Thu, May 4, 2006 3:12:00 PM
Subject: Re: Sleep journal 5/4/06


Kerry Burgess wrote:
After my short nap yesterday late evening, when back to sleep after midnight and slept pretty soundly until after 7. Had a dream that seemed to occur just before I woke up. I was inside some kind of missile. Seems like it was an SM2-ER on the Wainwright's launcher and it was going to send me into orbit or outer space maybe. When I woke up, I heard lyrics from that song:

Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear me, Major Tom?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 4 May 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 30, 2006


After they released me from the VA last year, I stumbled around in that senior citizens home, trying to find something to do, the very first magazine I picked up to read was a National Geographic edition from 1981 that described STS-1.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 30 July 2006 excerpt ends]