Saturday, May 14, 2016

Phoebe. Damn. I have been awake a loonnnngggg time today.




The 1980s.

Listening now makes me - what - nostalgic? - for my recent sleeping dreams? And then later after a while of crafting this note I think specifically of my recent sleeping dreams and I think now of how those recent sleeping dreams have no

What? I think of how in my notes of the past decade I would break a sentence and I have given a lot of thought to how I would document my notes.

Well, now I resume this note as I began it, I guess more than an hour an hour. That sounds right.

Well, I would believe in the year 1984 - but Phil Collins?

Sure, dance clubs.

I resisted the pop music of that time and my choice of those years was my Copenhagen-fueled - because that was cool - country music.

But still, pretty girls were in the dance clubs and they always, as girls every where did, talked to me despite my US Navy haircut.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086859/releaseinfo

IMDb


Against All Odds (1984)

Release Info

USA 2 March 1984



http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/philcollins/againstalloddstakealookatmenow.html

AZ

PHIL COLLINS

"Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)"

How can I just let you walk away, just let you leave without a trace
When I stand here taking every breath with you, ooh
You're the only one who really knew me at all

How can you just walk away from me,
When all I can do is watch you leave
Cause we've shared the laughter and the pain and even shared the tears
You're the only one who really knew me at all

So take a look at me now, oh there's just an empty space
And there's nothing left here to remind me,
Just the memory of your face
Ooh take a look at me now, well there's just an empty space
And you coming back to me is against the odds and that's what I've got to face

I wish I could just make you turn around,
Turn around and see me cry
There's so much I need to say to you,
So many reasons why
You're the only one who really knew me at all

So take a look at me now, well there's just an empty space
And there's nothing left here to remind me, just the memory of your face
Now take a look at me now, cause there's just an empty space

But to wait for you, is all I can do and that's what I've got to face
Take a good look at me now, cause I'll still be standing here
And you coming back to me is against all odds
It's the chance I've gotta take

Take a look at me now










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049223/quotes

IMdb


Forbidden Planet (1956)

Quotes


Altaira: [swimming in a pool] Come on in.

Commander John J. Adams: I didn't bring my bathing suit.

Altaira: What's a bathing suit?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049223/quotes

IMdb


Forbidden Planet (1956)

Quotes


Commander John J. Adams: You still refuse to face the truth.

Dr. Edward Morbius: What truth?

Commander John J. Adams: Morbius, that thing out there - it's *you*.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049223/quotes

IMdb


Forbidden Planet (1956)

Quotes


Dr. Edward Morbius: My poor Krell. After a million years of shining sanity, they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

[pause]

Dr. Edward Morbius: Yes, young man, all very convincing, but for one obvious fallacy. The last Krell died 2,000 centuries ago.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/12/2006 3:35 PM


There is truly a “great lakes” of emotion stored in my mind associated with so much that is forgotten. I feel this great humor in my mind about that comment from Phoebe, I feel that if I remember, I will laugh and laugh and laugh, for days on end probably.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 12 October 2006 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 08:49 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 14 May 2016