Saturday, May 28, 2016

Stargate




I have been wondering again about the probability that the 1994 "Stargate" motion picture had the foresight to envision the 2009 television series "Stargate: Universe".

This note might be more comprehensive if I were to go through the trouble of inserting the DVD for that 1994 motion picture but screw it. Too much trouble.

I did find an image I captured for reference in another note here in my blog and I see in that image that only 7 "Chevrons" are visible.

As far as I know sitting here now the area under the walkway is never visible in that 1994 film.

So presumably, and established in images I found on the internet, the 8th "Chevron" and the 9th "Chevron" are hidden under the walkway. The walkway is a ramp-structure established in the 1994 film.

The "Stargate" creates a portal and the ramp is the structure the people walk on to travel through the "Stargate" portal.

The 1994 film "Stargate" clearly establishes why 7 "Chevrons" are required.

As I wrote here before, I know very little about the facts established by "Stargate SG-1". I remember the premiere episodes from the year 1997 and I don't recall any talk about 8th or 9th "Chevrons."

The first discussion I know of greater than 7 is the 2004 premiere of "Stargate Atlantis" which is focused on the 8th "Chevron".

The possibility of the 8th "Chevron" is plausible because it could have been hidden under the ramp.

The 2009 "Stargate: Universe" introduces (to me) the 9th "Chevron", also plausibly hidden under the ramp.

Studying the "Stargate" device I found an image of on the internet, which reveals the entire structure with the entire surface exposed I think to myself that the most plausible is a 10 "Chevron" device. That seems the most symmetric for anything above 7 and where 7 is already established.

And considering the "Stargate" appears perfectly circular then 9 and 10 are evenly divided into 360.

The "Stargate" movie and all the episodes I can think of establish that only the top chevron is important.

If I remember correctly then the rotating of the ring of symbols stops under the top "Chevron" which looks unique from the image I captured from the 1994 DVD. The "Chevron" at the top is different from the other chevrons and that makes sense considering the dialog established by "Dr. Jackson".

So the rotation stops and if the symbol is correct then one of the "Chevrons" lower on the ring does some kind of fancy Hollywood gadgetry and the process continues until all 7 symbols align and the portal opens for galactic travel.

Presumably, that production of "Stargate" is a work I created to represent my reality.

In my reality I have the capability of traveling easily throughout the universe and the reason I have that capability is because I am supposed to someday transport people away somewhere with that capability.

So I commissioned such work so that ideas here would not be totally unfamiliar to the people who are chosen to travel.

I'm thinking over this now because I wonder which parts of this work are based on reality and which parts are simply part of the story.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:59 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 28 May 2016