Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Wayward Pines




In all these years I have lived here in this location in Spokane Valley I have often heard in the quiet of late night a howling in the distance that I wondered if was the barking of coyotes.

I heard coyotes often enough to know their sound from when I was a youth in southwest Arkansas.

The sounds I have heard here all these years were always too faint though to make me feel certain that was the sound I was hearing. But even through yesterday I was certain those were coyotes I was hearing.

I tried imagining where they were slinking around at night and I thought about a large empty field about a mile away out on Sullivan Avenue just east of Conklin. I haven't owned an automobile in almost 12 years now so my knowledge of the terrain around here is mostly from "driving around" on Google Maps. Although I did live nearby here back in the summer of 2004 and I did drive around a lot in my Jeep Wrangler and I saw a lot of the terrain then. And now just looking out my window at the heavily forested area on the other side of Conklin and south of Sullivan would seem to be a refuge for those creatures.

The debate about the sound ended early this morning around 2 AM when they started up again. They sounded as close as the yards in front of the houses I can see across the fence from my apartment.

My guess is they were traveling along that alley with the high-voltage transmission lines.

But who knows with coyotes.

As long as they solve the yap dog problem then I can live peacefully with them. And there is some other squawking bastard driving me crazy that's got to go too. Yeah, I know you're listening. Goddamned vermin.

The noise was distinctive enough this morning around 2 AM I thought about getting out of bed and recording the audio with my camera because, there at 2 AM this morning, for the very first time since I've heard them, they were really close and really loud. But the hell with it, I thought, and quickly fell asleep for another restless night of lousy sleep.

And the most amazing recurring dream yet about hallways and corridors and passageways and elevators (vertical traveling vehicles) and even in that sleeping dream I talked to a person about what I have written here before about the consistent recurring elements of my sleeping dreams.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120591/quotes

IMDb


Armageddon (1998)

Quotes


Rockhound: Yeah, I remember this one. It's where the, uh, the coyote sat his ass down in a slingshot then he strapped himself to an Acme rocket. Is that - is that what we're doin' here?

Harry Stamper: [under his breath] Rockhound.

Rockhound: No, no, really, because it didn't work out too well for the coyote, Harry.

Harry Stamper: [talking over him] Hey, Rock. Knock it off.

Truman: Well, actually, we have a lot better rockets than the coyote.










http://www.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP016769470019&s=201605252100&sid=36009&sn=KAYUDT&st=201605252100&cn=103

excite tv


Wayward Pines (New)

103 KAYUDT: Wednesday, May 25 9:00 PM [ 9:00 PM Wednesday 25 May 2016 Pacific Time USA ]

Crime drama, Mystery

Enemy Lines

As the residents of Wayward Pines struggle against the rule of the First Generation, a new resident emerges from suspended animation to help preserve the endangered human race.

Cast: Jason Patric, Djimon Hounsou, Hope Davis, Tom Stevens, Nimrat Kaur, Josh Helman, Kacey Rohl Executive Producer(s): M. Night Shyamalan, Donald De Line, Chad Hodge, Ashwin Rajan

Original Air Date: May 25, 2016










http://www.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP016169800063&s=201605252100&sid=59814&sn=FXPHD&st=201605252155&cn=665

excite tv


The Americans (New)

665 FXPHD: Wednesday, May 25 9:55 PM [ 10:00 PM Wednesday 25 May 2016 Pacific Time USA ]

Drama

Dinner for Seven

Elizabeth finalizes the last steps of a personal mission.

Cast: Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys, Noah Emmerich, Holly Taylor, Keidrich Sellati, Annet Mahendru, Susan Misner, Alison Wright, Richard Thomas, Lev Gorn, Costa Ronin Executive Producer(s): Joe Weisberg, Joel Fields, Graham Yost, Justin Falvey, Darryl Frank

Original Air Date: May 25, 2016



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:20 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 25 May 2016