Saturday, May 07, 2016

SimCity




http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/professor

Dictionary.com


professor

a teacher of the highest academic rank in a college or university, who has been awarded the title Professor in a particular branch of learning; a full professor

the principal lecturer or teacher in a field of learning at a university or college; a holder of a university chair










http://www.oocities.org/elzj78/bsgminiseries.html


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Miniseries (2003)


(Ragnar Anchorage - Adama and Leoben are in some sort of room with lots of pipes and steam. Leoben is extremely pale and sweaty now.)

Leoben: What is it about this place? What's it doing to me?

Adama: Must be your allergies.

Leoben: I don't have allergies.

Adama: I didn't think so. What you got are silica pathways to the brain, or whatever it is you call that thing you pretend to think with. It's decomposing as we speak.

Leoben: It's the storm, isn't it? It puts out something. Something you discovered has an effect on Cylon technology. That's it, isn't it? And this is a refuge, that's why you put a fleet out here. Last ditch effort to hide from the Cylon attack. Right, well, that's not enough Adama.










From 4/11/2006 to 4/25/2006 is 14 days

From 4/25/2006 to 5/9/2006 is 14 days










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 11:52 AM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Some other things I would really rather be doing right now.


Kerry Burgess wrote:
Some other things I would really rather be doing right now.

1. I miss playing SimCity 4 by Maxis. I love that game. I have been buying their product since the first version. I hope in SimCity 5 they bring back the terrain editor that allows adjustment on a tile-by-tile basis. That diametrical tool is interesting, but I prefer a finer control over the terrain because I can better sculpt lakes and beaches. I am also hoping they add to the next version the ability to drive through the city in the point of view of a person in the game. I think SimCopter did something like that but I never tried that game. Lately I've been thinking of a new way to lay out a city structure for one of the mega-sized plots. On one edge, maybe the longest, I'll lay down a zone of Industrial and let it run the whole lenght. I set the tax rates to the maximum for the two polluters so I only get High Tech companies. It doesn't bring in as much revenue as the heaviest polluter, but pollution is light and then I can put high-density residential next to it and have it reach a greater potential. I am also thinking more about those dual-lane city streets. I've tried using the highway structures through the city, but I don't see much value to it, unless I put down a lot of them and then they take up a lot of space that could be generating revenue. Typically, I put down 6x6 blocks of Tech Industry, hi-density residential, and high-density commerical, with two-lane streets around them. I always leave a 3-tile section empty and one corner of the 6x6 block for a bus station, a subway station, and a single tile park. What I'm thinking of doing is putting down the dual-lane road around every 2x2 block of those 6x6 blocks. I've looked at putting down the monorail but that just takes up too much space and I don't like the way it messes up the symmetry. It's too bad the track doesn't share space with a road, maybe only the dual-lane road, in that the track occupies the median. So anyway, I start at the edge and run tech all the way. Then I put down a 6x6 block of high-density residental, maybe with a dual-lane between them, not sure how the symmetry would work out yet. So, from the edge, I have a 6x6 strip of high-tech, then a 6x6 strip of high-density residential. Then I would allow for at least 4 empty tiles for hospitals, schools, etc. I may need to make it 6 tiles, but I'm not sure. Then I would put down another 6x6 strip of high-density residential and then a 6x6 strip of high-density commercial. The cool part about this is that I could then put down another 6x6 strip of high-density commercial and just sort of mirror the three previous sections. With this wide section of commerce, I would have space to put in the rewards elements so that they wouldn't have an adverse impact on my residential sections. I think high-tech industry is equivalent to residential in terms of nimby/yimby. I'm not sure how the dual-lane roads would work out as I am laying out the strips from left to right, but it would be simple to put them down while going up and down, probably with two 6x6 blocks between them. When I am getting the city started, I would put down a lot of the heavy polluters on the left hand side and run them up that side, while running my residential and commerce to the right and away from the pollution. After I raise the taxes to maximum, the polluters will stay in operation as long as something doesn't happen such as losing power and some kind of destruction.

2. I would much rather be playing Command And Conquer right now. I have been following that product since its first version too. They haven't made any real improvements in a long time, but they have a scenario/terrain editor that is useful. The AI is impossible to beat, for me at least, unless you get the right kind of terrain. Basically, if you have some kind of choke point, you can consolidate your forces and fight off the assaults.

3. I've got a lot of ideas I want to work on with ASP.Net that I can't do now. I can't do it for two big reasons. One, I have absolutely no control over who is monitoring my work. There are many reasons I don't like that. One, is that I don't like people looking over my shoulder as I am trying to work.

There's a bunch of other stuff I want to do now but those are the ones most on my mind at this moment.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 April 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 11:52 AM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Some other things I would really rather be doing right now.


Kerry Burgess wrote:
I actually may try creating 3 cities that feature mixed approaches to the dual-lane roads. In one city, I'll take my normal approach where I don't use them. In the second city, I'll use the mix I was thinking of yesterday. In the third city, I use the dual-lanes around every 6x6 block of high-density zones. I can't remember how the intersections work out though. I think they are like the 2 lanes, but can't remember for certain. I have also been wondering if I can boost the population of the mega-cities by changing my approach to the adjacent cities. Maybe if I configure the smaller adjacent cities so that they are light on residential but heavy on heavy industry, I will have sim residents that work in the adjacent cities but live in the mega-city.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 April 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 11:52 AM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Some other things I would really rather be doing right now.


The problem is that the high-density high-tech Industry doesn't seem to fill up the high-density Residential. I assume that I need a balance of I, C, R, in that I need a tile for each. Or for every tile of high-density I, I need a tile of high-density R. That doesn't seem to work for high-tech though, as it doesn't seem to employ that many people per tile.

Someone made a SimCity-equivalent for the moon that was really cool.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 April 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 10:26 AM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: cruel

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cruel

cruel

Disposed to inflict pain or suffering

These adjectives mean predisposed to inflict violence, pain, or hardship, or to find satisfaction in the suffering of others

lacking or showing kindness or compassion or mercy

[As they listened to Kerry starving, no one even made an attempt to stop it, such as throwing a can of food on his doorstep, slipping a dollar into his car, or even simple as simple as anonymously having a pizza delivered to his apartment instead they listened to him dying not unlike a dog lying in the ditch after being struck by a car and Kerry sits here hoping they would have to go to jail.]


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 20 February 2006 excerpt ends]











JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 2:46 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 2/21/06


Kerry Burgess wrote:
In addition to those song lyrics this morning, I do remember a scene from one of my dreams. I was in a house, I didn't recognize it but it was really fancy and I guess I didn't recognize it because I had never lived in any place like it, or something like that. I was moving across the floor passing a staircase and I had a blanket over me, with an opening at the front so I could see where I was going. As I was moving towards a hallway, a pair of feet appeared in front of me. I think it was my mother. I was trying to make it to the hallway because I was hunting a deer, which made no sense because I was inside, and the hallway gave me a perfect shot to a deer that was at the other end of the hallway. I don't remember what my mother said, if anything, but sometime around that point, I remember someone telling me I was clever. I don't remember anything else happening in the dream after that.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 February 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 2:46 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 2/21/06


Poor Tom; that eats the swimming frog, the toad,
the tadpole, the wall-newt and the water; that in
the fury of his heart, when the foul fiend rages,
eats cow-dung for sallets; swallows the old rat and
the ditch-dog; drinks the green mantle of the
standing pool; who is whipped from tithing to
tithing, and stock- punished, and imprisoned; who
hath had three suits to his back, six shirts to his
body, horse to ride, and weapon to wear;
But mice and rats, and such small deer,
Have been Tom's food for seven long year.
Beware my follower. Peace, Smulkin; peace, thou fiend!


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 February 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:33 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Battlestar Galactica


Kerry Burgess wrote:
[Seen a lot of familar stuff on BSG too. One of the most obvious references, to me I guess, considering when I walked into a retail store the other day the song playing reminded me that I am so vain to think the song was about me and then an employee asked me if I wanted to participate in a contest for homeowners and which I realized later was pretty funny, was about a reference to ddg-62 engines. The DDG-62 is the USS Fitzgerald. The Fitzgerald is named for a Navy Cross recipient whose first fleet assignment was the first USS Samuel B. Roberts.

The photo below from the USS Fitzgerald reminds me of just how big are those Harpoon missiles. We had those same missiles on the Wainwright although I didn't have any responsibilities with them. But I wonder often if you feel differently when a known weapon is coming at versus a missile that you don't know a lot about. If I could have chosen between having an Exocet shot at me or a Harpoon, I would have definitely chose the Exocet.]

http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/Assets/2006/Navy/DN-SD-06-03332.JPG
US Navy (USN) Sailors aboard the Arleigh Burke Class (flight I); Guided Missile Destroyer, USS Fitzgerald (DDG 62) inspect the aft MK 41 Vertical Launching System (VLS) for water to prevent electrical failure. The 8 McDonnell Douglas Harpoon (2 quad) missiles are visible in the foreground.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 April 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:33 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Battlestar Galactica


Kerry Burgess wrote:
[Somehow I still hope there is a point to all this, that they are not just trying to capitalize off my misery. The problem when you are fighting the bad guys, they feed off creating false hope and misery and I can only hope that is not what is happening to me.]

http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season2/galactica-209.htm
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
2X09 - FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX
Original Airdate (SciFi): 16-SEP-05
Tyrol: I gotta try, Colonel.
Tigh: What's the point?
Tyrol: Because that ship, the work, that's all I've got left. I don't have that, I--
Tigh: I almost forgot. I promised the XO of the Baah Pakal I'd help him out.
Tyrol: Sir?
Tigh: He's got some obsolete DDG-62 engines taking up space o¬n his flight deck.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 April 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:33 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Battlestar Galactica


Kerry Burgess wrote:
[I thought this was pretty funny. And very relevant.]

http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season2/galactica-207.htm
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
2X07 - HOME (2)
Original Airdate (SciFi): 26-AUG-05
Tyrol: How simple could it be? Okay. We're in the north-northwest continent, quadrant c, sector 2, which...
Racetrack: Oh, for frak's sake, let me see if I can make heads or tails of it.
Tyrol: Look, I marked the terrain as best I could but we're not... topography's for pansies anyways.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 April 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:33 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Battlestar Galactica


Kerry Burgess wrote:
http://www.fitzgerald.navy.mil/USS%20FITZGERALD%20DDG-62%20History.htm
Engineering
4 - General Electric LM2500 Gas Turbine Engines

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Electric_LM2500
The General Electric LM2500 industrial and marine turboshaft gas turbine is a derivative of GE Aircraft Engines' CF6-6 aircraft engine.

http://www.fitzgerald.navy.mil/LT%20Charles%20Fitzgerald%20%20Bio.htm
USS FITZGERALD is named in honor of Lieutenant William Charles Fitzgerald, USN, who was posthumously awarded the Navy Cross for extraordinary heroism on 7 August 1967 in Vietnam[...]As an enlisted sailor, Bill served in USS SAMUEL B. ROBERTS (DD 823).,


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 April 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:33 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Battlestar Galactica


Kerry Burgess wrote:
This connection to Battlestar Galactica reminds me of a time back in '99 when I told my mentor that I had gotten up early that morning because the SciFi channel was playing reruns of the original series. It was right around then, maybe a little later, that she said something about doing something so that her son wouldn't grow up to be like me. I wondered what the hell she meant by that.

BSG also shares a familar characteristic with the MK152 computer Tactical program, although I haven't discussed that with anyone. It was just a trivial feature though, to indicate that the tac program was running. I easily wrote my own routine in octal that performed the same function. I suspect the original programmers actually put that feature in the program, because they needed a visual indicator and that they were fans of the original BSG.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 April 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:33 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Battlestar Galactica


Kerry Burgess wrote:
She must have been referring to what those people were saying when I was at that house for the Superbowl party. I was out riding bicycles with one of the people at that party some time later that year and I was describing how my hobby as a kid was building model rockets and then I became a missile system computer technician. I was very annoying when one of the people there made some kind of comment comparing missiles to some kind of phallic symbol. I dismissed it as some kind of anti-military hippie talk. But it also reminded me of something that happened at another job I had in the early nineties. I didn't start figuring it out until I had quit that job and went elsewhere though. My manager at that job had turned out to be a closeted homosexual and I realized after I left that job that some people had been giving me clues about stuff he was saying about me. We had a support contract with a bank and I had a good rapport with all our customers. A lot of them even invited me along to group activities such as after work dinners, etc. I had been working there for 2 years before he had and I thought he was a real dirtbag. My future ex-wife, whom I had tried to break up with several always found a way to get me back. One time, she told me she had slept with this manager after I had broke up with her, another time she told me she had slept with my coworker, another time she told me she was pregnant, another time, after I finally got her out of my house despite threatening to call the police to have her removed while she kept unplugging the phone cord, she ran her car off into a ditch that night so I would let her stay the night at my house. I am either a loner because I attract these freaks or I attract these freaks because I am a loner. Or maybe both.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 April 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:33 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Battlestar Galactica


Kerry Burgess wrote:
When we were still working in SC, that manager and my peer were roommates. They invited me over a few times to their house. One night, I had drank a lot and they suggested I stay there instead of driving home. I felt kind of uncomfortable about the way my manager told me to sleep in his bed. He slept on the floor. I did feel uncomfortable the next morning when we were all eating breakfast. Something about the way they were exchanging glances. That managers initials were M-E-H.

My ex-wife called me again some months after our divorce was final. I asked her how she got my number. That would have been late 1995 or early '96. I have had absolutely no desire to see her again.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 April 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:33 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Battlestar Galactica


And all of this, this just makes it worse, whatever it is I am doing. I see it everywhere I go. In here in this madhouse, it just gets worse. Outside, I see it, everywhere, it just is lunacy.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 April 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.oocities.org/elzj78/bsgminiseries.html


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Miniseries (2003)


Leoben: They'll be in and out before they even get a headache.

Adama: Maybe. (He grabs Leoben, pushes him up against the wall.) But you, you won't find out, because you'll be dead in a few minutes. How does that make you feel? If you can feel.

Leoben: Oh, I can feel more than you could ever conceive of, Adama.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059309/quotes

IMDb


In Harm's Way (1965)

Quotes


Admiral Kimmel: It is my duty to inform you that you have been relieved of your command, pending the findings of a court of inquiry.

Captain Torrey: I don't understand, sir.

Admiral Kimmel: You weren't zig-zagging when you took the two torpedoes.










From 9/2/1945 ( Japan surrenders unconditionally to the United States of America during World War 2 ) To 11/11/1966 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the United States Navy officer and astronaut was United States Gemini 12 spacecraft United States Navy astronaut entering orbit of the planet Earth ) is 7740 days

7740 = 3870 + 3870

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/7/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in deep space of the solar system in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day was his first landing the Saturn moon Phoebe and the Saturn moon Phoebe territory belongs to my brother Thomas Reagan ) is 3870 days



































2016_Nk20_DSCN2388.jpg



































2016_Nk20_DSCN2390.jpg



































2016_Nk20_DSCN2391.jpg










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083929/quotes

IMDb


Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)

Quotes


Linda Barrett: Hi Brad, you know how cute I always thought you were.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045793/quotes

IMDb


From Here to Eternity (1953)

Quotes


Karen Holmes: That's what I like about you, Sergeant: you have confidence. It's also what I dislike about you.

Sergeant Milton Warden: It's not confidence, ma'am; it's honesty. I just hate to see a beautiful woman going all to waste.

Karen Holmes: Waste, did you say? There's a subject I might tell you something about. I know several kinds of waste, Sergeant. You're probably not even remotely aware of some of them. Would you like to hear? For instance, what about the house without a child? There's one sort for you. Then there's another... You're doing fine, Sergeant. My husband's off somewhere, and it's raining outside, and we're both drinking now. You've probably only got one thing wrong. The lady herself. The lady's not what she seems. She's a... washout, if you know what I mean... and I'm sure you know what I mean!

Sergeant Milton Warden: You going to cry?

Karen Holmes: Not if I can help it. What are you doing?

Sergeant Milton Warden: I'm leaving. Isn't that what you want?

Karen Holmes: I don't know, Sergeant. I don't know.



































2016_Nk20_DSCN2392.jpg



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 02:03 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 07 May 2016