Saturday, May 07, 2016

Well, there must be some kind of point to here, said Epic to Tragedy.




See, I remember creating this email. I have this vague sense in my mind of feeling pleased with myself about it.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2006 10:36 AM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: April 16, 1988

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d100:66:./temp/~bd4w0t::

S.J.RES.223

Title: A joint resolution to designate the period commencing on April 10, 1988, and ending on April 16, 1988, as "National Productivity Improvement Week.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 April 2006 excerpt ends]










From 4/16/2006 to 5/9/2006 is 23 days

From 5/9/2006 to 6/1/2006 is 23 days










http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1590206&page=1

abc NEWS


Perfect Gifts, According to Phoebe Cates

By ABC NEWS June 1, 2006


Many people may remember Phoebe Cates from 1980s films like "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" and "Gremlins."

More than two decades later, she has found her true calling in life and runs the Blue Tree, a gift boutique on New York City's Madison Avenue.

Cates, who is married to actor Kevin Kline and has two children, Owen and Greta, lives on New York City's Upper East Side. At her store, she is in her element, able to brainstorm and find the perfect, often-unexpected gift her patrons are seeking.

Cates has become well-known for her ability to select just the right gift for any recipient and now offers tips for "Good Morning America's" viewers.

Bring Some Happiness

According to Cates, gifts should be given out of a genuine desire to bring happiness and should benefit the recipient.

"Think about the recipient in a broader way," she said. "Don't push your own agenda. … Think about them. Too many people are buying gifts for themselves when they pick out a gift for a friend. And one way to do that is to focus on their habits."

For example, Cates said, if someone plays with his or her dog all the time, get the pair something they can enjoy together.

However, she said, it is also important to notice what people do not use.

"How about the last time you brought over a bottle of wine?" she said. "Is it still sitting up on the shelf the next time you went to the house? You probably shouldn't get them a bottle next time."

Other unique gifts can be found if people think creatively about where they shop. Many hidden jewels can be found in the kids' department, Cates said.

"You'd be surprised how inspired you'll be when you go into a different store than the one you normally go to for gifts," she said. "There is some really fun and great stuff in there. One really popular item for us this year was the Abe Lincoln talking doll, which was part of a presidential collection. It's meant to teach kids about history, but was a really popular gift among seniors."

Also Be Practical

Many people think gifts need to be luxurious and extravagant. Cates said practical gifts did just as well sometimes.

"Practical gifts are another great way to be thoughtful, and they work for anything from birthdays to dinner-party gifts," she said. "For a friend of mine who already has everything, I noticed she loves Sweet 'N Low. So I went to Costco and bought one [of] those jumbo containers of Sweet 'N Low, wrapped it up, and gave it to her. It was a huge hit."

Other practical gifts include dish towels or decorative vintage jars that can be used to store anything from pens to candy, Cates said.

For kids ages 2 to 18, Cates suggests the Buddha Board, which is about the size of a laptop and works like an Etch A Sketch with a paintbrush. She also suggested giving children toys they could look forward to.

"A tea set is good for a newborn girl," she said. "It is a gift that instantly makes the room a girl's room."

Another idea is a junior chef set, which Cates sells at her store. The toy vegetables are made of vinyl, and Cates said toddlers could play with them in the bath.

The chef set, Cates noted, "reminds them of this great gift, a whole big set they can play with when they get older."










http://www.oocities.org/elzj78/bsgminiseries.html


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Miniseries (2003)


Chief: Oh, Lieutenant? I don't know if you heard about Apollo, but...

Starbuck: Heard what?

(He looks down.)

Starbuck: Right. Any word on Sharon?

Chief: No, sir.

Cally: You okay, Chief? Chief?

Chief: Get back to work.



































2016_Nk20_DSCN2384.jpg



































2016_Nk20_DSCN2386.jpg



































2016_Nk20_DSCN2387.jpg










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 7:42 AM Tuesday, March 13, 2007


Pink Floyd

I’m not sure precisely what was my relationship with the band Pink Floyd. I have theories, but I have conflicting thoughts about the nature of my work with that band. One theory is that I wrote and composed all the music while the people known as Pink Floyd were actors I hired to perform the music in live concerts and to generally promote my work. But I am not sure. But yet, I feel there is something there that I can almost remember.

I sense connections to other bands, such as The Doors, which I have already described, as well as to Depeche Mode. I wonder a lot about Depeche Mode because of the CD’s I remember listening to during my artificial life. Why would I “remember” any of that? I "remember" that I listened to a dual-set of CD's from The Doors - "The Best Of The Doors" - as well as two CD's from Depeche Mode. I listened to those CD's over and over. Most nights, as I "remember" it, I sat there in my computer room playing a game on my Commodore computer named "Wasteland" while those CD's were playing.

In my artificial “memories,” I got out of the Navy in 1990 and moved to Greenville, South Carolina, where I got a job providing electronic and mechanical support to Automated Teller Machines for a bank named First Federal. I moved into my apartment there in Greenville and bought some new furnishings. I “remember” that I bought a Mitsubishi television and VCR that I liked a lot. I don’t know what happened to the VCR but I still had that television, along with the Philco television, until 2005. I also bought a Kenwood amplifier/tuner and multi-disc CD player that I was very happy with and I still had those also until 2005. So anyway, I moved into an apartment on a street named Wexford


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 March 2007 excerpt ends]










From 9/15/1949 ( premiere US film "The Cowboy and the Indians" ) To 7/19/1989 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush kills 111 passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 232 and destroys the United Airlines Flight 232 aircraft because I was a passenger of United Airlines Flight 232 as United States Navy Petty Officer Second Class Kerry Wayne Burgess and I was assigned to maintain custody of a non-violent offender military prisoner of the United States ) is 14552 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/5/2005 is 14552 days


[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-man-who-never-was.html ]


http://articles.latimes.com/2005/sep/06/nation/na-scotus6

Los Angeles Times


Roberts Tapped for Chief Justice

At 50, he could shape the court for decades. O'Connor's swing-vote seat must still be filled.

September 06, 2005 David G. Savage and Henry Weinstein Times Staff Writers

WASHINGTON — President Bush moved quickly Monday to replace the late William H. Rehnquist on the Supreme Court by nominating Rehnquist's onetime law clerk, Judge John G. Roberts Jr., to be the nation's 17th chief justice of the United States.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100405/quotes

IMDb


Pretty Woman (1990)

Quotes


Vivian: Are you sure you want me to stay the night? I mean, I could just pop ya real good and get outta here.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: -----Original Message-----

From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Saturday, February 4, 2006 1:55 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: stage of sleep

I wonder if I will ever get the chance to talk with her, to see if my imagination matches reality? Not to mention it is almost embarassing to be a homeless guy with a crush on a pretty woman I see on TV. What am I saying, 'almost'?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 February 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100405/quotes

IMDb


Pretty Woman (1990)

Quotes


Vivian: People put you down enough, you start to believe it.

Edward Lewis: I think you are a very bright, very special woman.

Vivian: The bad stuff is easier to believe. You ever notice that?










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=cast-away

Springfield! Springfield!


Cast Away (2000)


Brace forimpact!
[Creaking]
[Engine Roaring]
[ Groaning, Wheezing ]
Hello !










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0162222/quotes

IMDb


Cast Away (2000)

Quotes


Chuck Noland: Hello! Anybody?










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/G/Glory.html


Glory (1989)


You all right there, Captain?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: April 02 2011

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/02/11 3:40 AM
Okay, here I sit, waiting for something to happen.

I am listening to FM 102.5. What do I want to hear in the next ten minutes?

How about, Tom Petty. The first thing that comes it mind is "Free Falling."

How about that for a song request?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 02 April 2011 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 6:20 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Thursday 11 July 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/07/uss-wainwright-cg-28-mediterranean-1989.html


What I have been thinking lately is that my brother's wife (Why are you wearing the white dress uniform of an enlisted US Navy sailor, Thomas?) told me to play dumb when I returned to the real world. I am wondering if I posed for that photograph for a specific reason, since, presumably, I couldn't talk to anybody about anything.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 July 2013 excerpt ends]










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/5.03_%22Ascension%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


5.03 "Ascension"


CARTER
Next thing you know I'm waking up with Colonel O'Neill looking down at me.










http://www.e-reading.co.uk/bookreader.php/1016710/Clancy_-_Debt_Of_Honor.html


Debt Of Honor (1994)

Tom Clancy


Chapter 12.

Formalities


Admiral Dubro nodded agreement as he looked down at the Link-11 display in the carrier's Combat Information Center. It was relayed in from an E-2C Hawkeye surveillance aircraft. The circular formation was heading due south at a speed of eighteen knots. The carriers were surrounded by their goalkeeper force of missile-armed destroyers and cruisers, and there was also a screen of picket destroyers well in advance. All their radars were on, which was something new. The Indian ships were both advertising their presence and creating a "bubble" through which no one could pass without their knowledge.

"Looking for us, you suppose?" the Admiral asked.

"If nothing else, they can make us commit to one ops-area or another. We can be southwest of them or southeast, but if they keep coming this way, they split the difference pretty clean, sir."

Maybe they were just tired of being shadowed, Dubro thought. Understandable. They had a respectable fleet, manned with people who had to be well drilled in their duties after the last few months. They'd just topped off their bunkers again, and would have all the fuel they needed to do ... what?

"Intel?"

"Nothing on their intentions," Commander Harrison replied. "Their amphibs are still tied up. We don't have anything on that brigade J-2 was worried about. Bad weather for overheads the last few days."

"Damn those intel pukes," Dubro growled. CIA depended so much on satellite coverage that everyone pretended the cameras could see through clouds. All they had to do was put a few assets on the ground ... was he the only one who realized that?

The computer-generated display was on a flat glass plate, a new model just installed on the ship the previous year. Far more detailed than the earlier systems, it gave superb map and chart data on which ship and aircraft locations were electronically overlaid. The beauty of the system was that it showed what you knew in exquisite detail. The problem was that it didn't show anything else, and Dubro needed better data to make his decision.

"They've had a minimum of four aircraft up for the past eight hours, sweeping south. By their operating radius I would estimate that they're carrying air-to-air missiles and aux fuel tanks for max endurance. So call it a strong effort at forward reconnaissance. Their Harriers have that new Black Fox look-down radar, and the Hummers caught some sniffs of it. They're looking as far as they can, sir. I want permission to pull the Hummer south another hundred miles or so right now, and to have them go a little covert." By which he meant the surveillance aircraft would keep its radar on only some of the time, and would instead track the progress of the Indian fleet passively, from the Indians' own radar emissions.

"No." Admiral Dubro shook his head. "Let's play dumb and complacent for a while." He turned to check the status of his aircraft. He had ample combat power to deal with the threat, but that wasn't the issue.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=11299

The American Presidency Project

Dwight D. Eisenhower

XXXIV President of the United States: 1953-1961

322 - Text of the President's Message Relayed from the Atlas Satellite.


Note: This message was first received from the satellite "Score" at Cape Canaveral, Fla.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5562344/fullcredits

IMDb


The Americans (TV Series)

The Magic of David Copperfield V: The Statue of Liberty Disappears (2016)

Full Cast & Crew

Keri Russell ... Elizabeth Jennings










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-americans-2013/the-magic-of-david-copperfield-v-the-statue-of-liberty-disappears-3373374/

tv.com


The Americans Season 4 Episode 8

The Magic of David Copperfield V: The Statue of Liberty Disappears

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM May 04, 2016 on FX

AIRED: 5/4/16



http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-americans-2013&episode=s04e08

Springfield! Springfield!


The Americans

The Magic of David Copperfield V: The Statue of Liberty Disappears


Maurice is back on the bottle. So am I.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 2:28 AM Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2007/04/blue-dress.html


There is a track titled “Blue Dress” on the Depeche Mode “Violator,” and I noted earlier how the track “Personal Jesus,” which was released earlier as a single, forms a 0.59414 connection with my return to Earth on 4/14/77 after exploding the comet. That Depeche Mode album, “Violator,” with both of those tracks on it, released on 3/19/90, which was 3 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, 1 day, after 11/25/86. That day was when I think my family had a funeral service for me, as they were thinking I had been killed in Africa. I don’t think all of them even knew about Africa until recently, though. I think they are accustomed to me just disappearing for a while and they would have no idea whether I was dead or alive or even to wonder if I was dead or alive. I have symbolic “memories” that are very clear on that topic, as I can “remember” talking to Thedia on the phone after I moved to a town named Central and she had been wondering where I had been. I had moved to Memphis and I didn’t talk to any of them for a long time. That might represent the time I was missing in Africa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violator_%28album%29

Violator is Depeche Mode's seventh full-length album. It was released by Mute Records on March 19, 1990. The album is notable for propelling the band into stardom with the hits "Personal Jesus", which was actually released six months before Violator, and "Enjoy the Silence".


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 April 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-americans-2013&episode=s04e08

Springfield! Springfield!


The Americans

The Magic of David Copperfield V: The Statue of Liberty Disappears


I'll talk to Jack, okay? You don't have to do anything that you don't want to do.

Jack will tell us anything. He probably got all sorts of women doing all sorts of shit.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 2:28 AM Wednesday, April 18, 2007


Monica Lewinsky probably made that whole story up and I suggested to Bill Clinton that he play along until we could get the big picture of who was attacking him. I suspect that Lewinsky and Linda Tripp were partners in that operation, despite the appearance of conflict between them, which was part of the ruse.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 April 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-americans-2013&episode=s04e08

Springfield! Springfield!


The Americans

The Magic of David Copperfield V: The Statue of Liberty Disappears


Maybe he can't be turned, of course, or -- or maybe you've turned him already, but my instinct tells me you haven't. It's your operation, Stan. And screw the Deputy A.G. and screw your new boss and screw the Director if they're pressuring you



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:28 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 07 May 2016