Monday, October 31, 2016

"There is no adequate way in which we can express our gratitude to the men themselves"




1978 film "Capricorn One" DVD video:


Robert Caulfield: This coffee is horrible.

Judy: It's not that bad.

Robert Caulfield: It is. It's that bad.

Judy: Don't drink it.

Robert Caulfield: I'm always unwrapping things. I wake up and take the cellophane off the drinking glass. The soap's in a Holiday Inn wrapper. Even the toilet has a paper band on it with a nice little note from the hotel saying they put the band on the toilet for my protection. I'm always afraid that if I stay in bed too long the maid is going to walk in and put a paper band around me and the bedspread.

Judy: I don't mind.

Robert Caulfield: You wait. After a while, you won't know what city you're in. I defy anyone to tell me the difference between a Holiday Inn in Houston and the Holiday Inn in Cincinnati. The room's are the same. The music in the elevators is the same. Even the ladies with too much makeup in the coffee shop are the same. You never know where you are until after breakfast when you read the paper.

Judy: I don't mind it.

Robert Caulfield: Well, I don't mind it that much either, it's just that I would like it all to be with someone I cared for. Someone I could share it with.

Judy: Bullshit.

Robert Caulfield: You're so damn cynical.

Judy: I'm not cynical. It's just that your act could use a little polish.

Robert Caulfield: What do you mean by that?

Judy: Well, Liz Haller, for starters. Was it is the California primary? I believe you used the one about both of you being witnesses to the unfolding of history. You have to admit that is a little better than soap wrappers.

Robert Caulfield: You think all I want to do is jump you?

Judy: Yes.

Robert Caulfield: You wouldn't know sincerity if it ran over you.

Judy: Not if you were driving it.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3231054/taglines

IMDb


Risen (2016)

Taglines

Witness the manhunt that changed the course of human history










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077294/quotes

IMDb


Capricorn One (1977)

Quotes


Robert Caulfield: Mr Albaine, how much do you charge to dust a field?

Albain: Twenty five dollars.

Robert Caulfield: I'd like to hire your plane.

Albain: That'll be a hundred dollars.

Robert Caulfield: You said you charged twenty five?

Albain: Twenty five dollars to dust a field, but you ain't got no field because you ain't no farmer, which means you ain't poor and I think you're a pervert!










1978 film "Capricorn One" DVD video:


Kay Brubaker: What are you after?

Robert Caulfield: I'm taking a terrible risk telling you this. I don't think your husband is the kind of man who makes mistakes no matter how far away he may be. I think he was trying to tell you something.

Kay Brubaker: What?

Robert Caulfield: What did you do at Flat Rock?

Kay Brubaker: Nothing much. We came home after one day because Charles got sick.

Robert Caulfield: What'd you do that one day?

Kay Brubaker: I don't remember. We took a tour of the town they had those tours and I don't remember we took some home movies.

Robert Caulfield: Do you have them?

Kay Brubaker: Yes.

Robert Caulfield: May I see them?

Kay Brubaker: Yes. They were making a movie the day we were there. Bru got a big kick out of it. He never knew it took so much time to just do one simple scene. Charles loved that one. He wasn't in the greatest mood though. He didn't know it but he was sick. Bru was fascinated with the detail. He couldn't get over how something so fake could look so real. He kept on saying that with that kind of technology you could convince people of almost anything.










1978 film "Capricorn One" DVD video:

01:58:08


The President of the United States: Ladies and Gentleman. Mrs. Brubaker. Mrs. Willis. Mrs. Walker. My fellow Americans. I come here today to talk of unfinished hopes and of unfilled dreams.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 03:22 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 31 October 2016