Tuesday, June 19, 2018

12 Monkeys




I remember so clearly an extensive line of thought yesterday when I was bicycling to Coeur d'Alene.

An extensive line of thought that I remember my mind churning over as I pedaled into the Post Falls area.

At some point before that the line of thought formed in my mind about a medical doctor contacting me regarding my current mental condition.

All these years not one person has asked me anything even slightly intelligent about the stuff I describe publicly.

Yesterday my imagination conjured up that medical doctor contacting me and then arranging me to travel to an office where I was interviewed about my condition.

The medical doctor, a psychiatrist, I guess, spoke a series of words to me.

In that extensive line of thought, I heard those spoken words and then my immediately response was to begin speaking out loud the punch line to a joke.

Then I began to suddenly understand I was seeing a completely different person than the person I had been telling that joke to.

For me, the date had been March 17, 1994, I was imagining yesterday as I pedaled along, and then suddenly I found myself in the year 2018.

There's a lot more detail than I can articulate here in words so there's not much point in trying.

There was a sudden transformation. A transformation in my mind.

The Kerry Burgess I am today was gone. The person I became was from March 17, 1994.

I noticed my hands. I felt my face.

I told that doctor I was just talking to a different person.

The doctor asked me who that person was.

I responded he is a person we don't speak openly of.

We both agreed my name was Kerry Burgess.

I spoke something about a theory of compartmentalizing my mind because of the multiple lives I was required to live in my lawful and legitimate activities.

There was more dialog.

They kept me there in that facility for 3 days and then let me leave to come back to Spokane.

That was in New York City.

I called a person on the phone that only the version of Kerry Burgess of 1994 would know how to contact.

She and her husband met me in a restaurant before my flight left to Spokane, which I had been able to reschedule to about 11:30 PM that night.

Oh, yeah. She told me that speaking openly about him now was OK. Because of What I Had Done.

There's more after that.

What this makes me think of is thoughts I've had in the past that I don't think I have ever written about. I'm pretty sure I've never published anywhere those thoughts. Maybe I did but I don't know. One detail in that scene made me pause the video and make this note.

Those first 3 episodes of season 4 first broadcast on television last Friday, the 15th, but I didn't know anything about them and I didn't start watching them until today.

And consistently the thoughts in my mind are always - ALWAYS - that I am still here now because of a promise I made.












12-monkeys_season4-ep2_00h21m20s.jpg





12-monkeys_season4-ep2_00h22m29s.jpg










TV Show Episode Scripts > 12 Monkeys (2015) > Season 4 > Ouroboros

12 Monkeys (2015) s04e02 Episode Script

Ouroboros


Katarina Jones (Present-day): What the hell is wrong with you?





Katarina Jones (Present-day): You're telling me it's hard? Well, share the burden. You're telling me you lost hope? Borrow some of mine!

Katarina Jones (from the future): [ look of realization ]

Katarina Jones (Present-day): I'll be curious someday to know what just occurred to you.

Katarina Jones (from the future): Maybe there is a way. Maybe - You realize that you cannot remember this moment.

Katarina Jones (Present-day): Benzodiazepine and half a bottle of whiskey? By morning, you're a dream - a hallucination at best.



- posted by Kerry Burgess 1:14 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 19 June 2018