Sunday, June 03, 2018

Skyline (2010)





https://www.facebook.com/kerry.burgess.790/posts/2089831931292065

Facebook

Kerry Burgess

Saturday, June 02, 2018 at 11:38 pm

I wonder when I actually watched for the first time that 2010 film?

If I recall correctly then I saw it the first time on hulu.com, back when they offered free movies.

Usually I will note in my journal when I watch for the first time a production, because there is something compelling about my personal activities, but sometimes I don't note the first time. But often I will make some note, just not that I'm watching it for the first time, but the first reference for the title is because I'm watching it for the first time.

I've thought about this title often in recent times.

Amazon.com had it listed for a price low enough I decided to purchase the video as well as its sequel, "Beyond Skyline", which I have never watched before and I am going to watch it and possibly soon in the early morning hours of Sunday or maybe not. I know that I am going to watch "Skyline" in the next hour or so.

I think about it often and often when I look out my window.

There are several references I made in my blog before "Skyline" was released that make me think about this film.

***
***
***
***
***
***

from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 06/27/08 10:44 PM
For the rest of my life, I will remember that chilly night a few years ago I sat in Gas Works Park and seeing the U.S. flag flying strongly in the wind atop one of the taller skyscrapers of the Seattle skyline. I looked it up one time and I think I decided that I was looking at the Columbia tower. I was sitting there on that bench on top of the highest point at Gas Works and I wrote something on the bench that I don't remember now and I feel annoyed that I cannot now remeber what it was. Something about "When will this be over?" or something similar to that. There was also something about the lighting of the city I could not articulate as I sat there shivering from the cold.

06/27/08 10:53 PM
When Does This End.

I think that was it. I would something write the intials as WDTE

***
***
***
***
***
***

Posted by H.V.O.M at 4:20 AM - Saturday, September 18, 2010

&&&
&&&

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1564585

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Skyline (2010)

Strange lights descend on the city of Los Angeles, drawing people outside like moths to a flame where an extraterrestrial force threatens to swallow the entire human population off the face of the Earth.

Country: USA

Release Date: 12 November 2010 (USA)










https://www.facebook.com/kerry.burgess.790/posts/2089855074623084

Facebook

Kerry Burgess

Sunday, June 03, 2018 at 01:03 am

What was that new segment on the news a few hours ago?

Bugs with Boss

Something like that.










https://www.facebook.com/kerry.burgess.790/posts/2089857094622882

Facebook


Kerry Burgess

Sunday, June 03, 2018 at 01:11 am

Skyline (2010)

Oliver: Come on, Boss. Let's let the girls get some sleep. You and I will keep watch.

Jerry: Both of us?

Oliver: They try that light stuff, we got each other's back.










Posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 11:45 PM Sunday, June 19, 2011


You're in my way out.





Sometime about 6 PM or 7 PM my time I was thinking again about that dream I wrote about that happened to me in early 2004. I have referenced it many times before now but what I have not indicated until now is that the person I referred to, the "guy that was on the same team as I" in the dream literally resembled a person I worked with at Microsoft up until the point I gave my notice to quit in late January 2004. He resembles one of the actors who was chopped up by the helicopter towards the ending of the 2007 film "28 Weeks Later." I saw a racketeering work that also had a look-alike of him but I can't recall that work now because I am half-drunk and I wish I had about a dozen more bottles of beer because a twelve-pack doesn't really cut it any more.

So anyway, I am probably forgetting some of the important details I wanted to note here. What I was thinking earlier this evening, about 6 PM or 7 PM my time, is that I was having dreams that are the result of the time traveler effect, or simply, that I am dreaming about the orders I was given in 1998 and that I was aware of even before that but only until the latter part of 1997 did I get confirmation that I would be the United States Marine who would be given the assignment.

As I was thinking earlier this evening, I am going to be standing on a hill north of downtown Seattle, sometime in the future from this present day, a hill I have identified as Queen Anne in Seattle Washington. As with the field reporter in that scene in the 8 December 2003 "Battlestar Galactica" television miniseries, I will stand there on that hill and outside and with cameras that I have set up, and I will stand there, in a point of view similar to the 2003 film "Paycheck" and I will stand there and I will describe to my microphone and the video cameras I have set up to create a three hundred sixty degree camera video presentation, that I hear the sonic booms of the MIRV's as they approach downtown Seattle a few miles in the distance and that I can see clearly from my vantage point that is about the same elevation as the top of the Seattle Space Needle, which is also in the camera view. I stand there waiting for the multiple impacts and I laugh over my radio circuit about how similar that is to the year 2005 when I am sitting in Gas Works Park. Before the strike, my orders over my radio circuit are to proceed to that high rise building and take down the United States flag and I have thought a lot about that during the day earlier today.

I also thought extensively about the point after I hear the sonic booms that signal the arrival of the nuclear bomb equipped MIRV's. What I wonder about is whether I continue to stare at the skyline of downtown Seattle and become afflicted with flash-blindness or if I cover my eyes at that point and then wait for the explosions, and with only a few seconds before the shockwave hits me, I uncover my eyes to witness the inferno of the nuclear bombs after they explode.

So as I was thinking today, back around 6 PM or 7 PM, the reason I saw that coworker and the reason why those people seem unconcerned, is because they are zombies. Zombies do not understand what nuclear bombs are.










Posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 7:47 PM Sunday, September 11, 2011


The cat. Why did the cat eagerly approach me today. I wonder why today. Why today. Damned if I can remember now what else I wanted to write about here. My mind is locked.

Oh, yeah. The cat. Maybe the cat is the lifeform I get to save from here. But how. I never leave here. I stay here and watch the United States of America federal military launch a salvo of ballistic missiles with atomic warheads over the downtown of Seattle Washington and my reconnaissance of that occurrence puts me 100% into the kill zone of that attack. So I've been thinking about that. I think about the other people around me at the time of that future attack. They are no different that the people of Hiroshima on 6 August 1945. They also had no conscious awareness of what was about to happen to them. Me, on the other hand, I have had years and decades to think about it. And not just about that probability or the possibility of that happening but about the absolute fact that I would stand there and see a thermonuclear bomb explode in front of me. The people of Hiroshima that were killed right away were the lucky ones of those people that their government failed. The unlucky one were the ones who were on the edge of the blast. The blast burns and the moderate exposures. I will be one of those people in Seattle Washington. So I have been thinking. I wondered how it is that I take back any kind of files with me and how it is possible I could even save that cat. My whole theory is based on the the theory that my physical body is somehow regenerated and I appear as a time traveler in another time period. I can only guess that I become for the first time a time traveler because of that event. But where does the regeneration begin and end? Are my clothes regenerated? If I am roasted by the thermonuclear blast, which happens regardless of my proximity to the bomb, then what about my physical person becomes regenerated?










Posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 11:30 PM Friday, September 07, 2007

&&&
&&&

http://www.online-literature.com/view.php/kinglear/23

Act 4. Scene VI

SCENE VI. Fields near Dover.

Enter GLOUCESTER, and EDGAR dressed like a peasant

GLOUCESTER

When shall we come to the top of that same hill?

EDGAR

You do climb up it now: look, how we labour.

GLOUCESTER

Methinks the ground is even.

EDGAR

Horrible steep.

Hark, do you hear the sea?

GLOUCESTER

No, truly.

EDGAR

Why, then, your other senses grow imperfect

By your eyes' anguish.

GLOUCESTER

So may it be, indeed:

Methinks thy voice is alter'd; and thou speak'st

In better phrase and matter than thou didst.

EDGAR

You're much deceived: in nothing am I changed

But in my garments.

GLOUCESTER

Methinks you're better spoken.

&&&
&&&

I sat in this location for hours and the map is a good illustration of why I was there. I had been expecting the Navy to meet with me at that location and I assume that is why the Momsen was there on my birthday but I wondered if they were only there to remind me that I wasn't forgotten while I continue my assignment or they were there because they were being obstructed by hostile forces from transporting me back to base.

Assuming this link will still work, as it recently stopped working, the illustration points out where I spent many hours sitting. If you trace back to the 3 unmistakable landmarks that are the antennas on one of the Seattle hills, then it is perfectly aligned with streets 3rd and Thomas. Those 3 towers are more distinctive to the Seattle skyline than is the Space Needle. I was also sitting there all that time in plain sight of the Seattle P-I news building.



http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=47.621323~-122.355133&style=h&lvl=16&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=3695542&rtp=null~null&sp=Polyline.ry4tdy4t3fkf_ry2x1j4t2wb5_Antenna____%230000FF_%23008000_2pt_Single_Solid_ry3vr94t34yv~Polyline.ry4s3h4t3p2z_ry2x0g4t2w9n_Antenna____%230000FF_%23008000_2pt_Single_Solid_ry3v224t3869~Polyline.ry4y8n4t37qg_ry2x354t2wbh_Antenna____%230000FF_%23008000_2pt_Single_Solid_ry3xpx4t3210~Point.ry348h4t2ync_3rd%20%26%20Thomas___~Point.ry2v2q4t311m_Seattle%20P-I___&encType=1










from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 02/07/09 8:42 AM
I hear all kinds of stuff but in retrospect I really don't understand it.

Or I do understand.

I don't know what I understand and what I don't understand.

02/07/09 8:44 AM
And so there has got to be a reason in itself just for that

02/07/09 9:08 AM
The dream where the telephone was broken and where I had been talking to Tom Hayes, for some reason, on that telephone

That was a dream where I looked outside the window but in a room I do not recognize from anywhere I have stayed in Seattle especially because Seattle was farther away from where I am now and the entire area of downtown Seattle was ablaze.

02/07/09 9:10 AM
That element of the dream had started when I saw 2 bright flashes of light reflecting off one of the walls in my room and I knew the flashes were from nuclear bombs exploding.

02/07/09 9:11 AM
I didn't record much detail in my journal about those fairly recent dreams and now I am trying to remember whether I am confusing two different dreams that involved me witnessing the nuclear explosions.

02/07/09 9:12 AM
I am confused because I now remember that scene in the dream where I slammed down the hood of that 1967 red Ford and I was running into the house and I was just going into the door of the house which seemed be a safe place to go just as fallout from an ash cloud from a nuclear explosion was drifting over me while I was outside.

I am confused because I am thinking that was the same house I saw the bright flashes reflecting off the walls but I don't remember a nuclear bomb exploding while I was outside. But I do think I was running inside that house because of a nuclear explosion.

So I don't know. Maybe there was a nuclear bomb that exploded before I got into the house and then two more after I got into the house or those are just two different dreams I am now trying to remember.

02/07/09 9:31 AM
That was a lot longer ago than I thought. Almost 5 months ago.

Actually, perhaps longer than that. I did not record these minor details about the dream until some time later.










from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 02/12/09 4:37 PM

the skyline of the city was a nuclear inferno but the grassy knoll in front of the window was still pristine green grass.










from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 05/04/09 11:14 PM
I had another dream about being in that house I owned in Greer, SC, and that dream seemed to be early into my sleep period. An odd observation about that dream is that I seemed to dream about that dream a one or two hours later or maybe slightly more later than that. It seems to have been several hours before I got up. In that later dream I seemed to be thinking over that first dream and then I was dreaming or thinking or both about this time right now as I write about both dreams. In that first dream I walked through that short hallway and into the master bedroom on the main level of the house that I was using as an office while my bedroom was in one of the bedrooms upstairs. So anyway I had just walked into that room and I was turned towards the door in that room that connects to the deck on that back of the house and then suddenly there was a very bright light. In the dream I knew that a nuclear bomb had just exploded and then I was face down on the floor with my face covered by my hands or pressed into my arms and I guess I was wearing only a pair of shorts and I was aware that the hair on my body was standing up as though I was receiving an electrical shock. I have thought several before this dream that for certain people in the proximity of a nuclear blast the only reaction their senses will register after the blast and depending on their distance from the blast will be a sense of electric shock. So I was there on the floor and I was thinking the flash should only last a second or two but after what seemed to be quite a few seconds I peeked out very slightly from the my body covering my eyes and I could still see there was a blinding white light flooding the area. I was also thinking during that time in the dream or I was thinking this later in that later dream that I could also hear a sound and I guess it was the sound of the bomb traveling through air. But I am not certain what that means other than the obvious of what I was thinking during the dream. So I was still there and I was wondering if I was going to die because the fire slowly roasted me alive and I was wondering if another bomb was going to drop directly on my location and incinerate me first. The dream seemed to have ended there. I have been thinking there was something else I was going to add to this but now I cannot remember what it was. I might remember in a few minutes if there was something. Something else I was thinking during that time in the dream.

05/04/09 11:27 PM
Oh yeah, now I remember. The dream did not seem to end there. The next series of scenes I remember were then of here in Seattle. For some reason, I was out on Aurora Blvd., or so it seemed based on the scenes I can still visualize to some degree and I seemed to be several miles north of downtown and I could see the Seattle skyline to the south. This first scene was in daytime and I could see there was a large fire to the west where Bellevue and Redmond would be but my sight was obscured by a large hill in that direction and the fire was beyond that hill. I was also aware that I had probably been exposed to ionizing radiation from the nuclear bomb blast and I did not know how much. At some point around that time I also seemed to note there was a large fire in the Seattle skyline but that is not a clear in my mind as the fire towards Bellevue and Redmond. That could just mean that I was looking directly at Seattle when that area was hit again. I don't know. Then the next scene I remember seemed to be night time and I was traveling with three other people but I cannot remember enough detail to articulate any of that. I vaguely recall some details that make me think we where along Aurora Avenue and near to Shoreline to the north. There was an area we walked to where someone had just dug several holes in the ground and the holes were freshly dug and I could see a shovel nearby and I think I took the shovel. I pondered over how the holes did not seem to be graves but I don't know what they were for. They could have been for small trees I guess but they were probably too close together. There was also a sense during the dream that I should know better than to take that shovel because I was a lawyer and I shouldn't just take it away from there. I think that was the last part of the dream. I don't think there was anything else after that point other than the next dream where I seemed to be thinking about that dream while in another dream and then dreaming of this time now where I am writing about those dreams.










from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 09/19/09 4:56 AM
Along with that constant zombie banter on the Metro buses going on around me I have noticed that the bus I was on seemed to have arrived probably no more than one minute after my connecting bus left which meant I had to wait almost the full 30 minutes before the next connecting bus arrived. I have probably been waiting longer for the bus to arrive than I have actually been riding on it and I would say that is a very accurate assessment.

09/19/09 12:10 PM
Spooky. At least it is to me, I guess. I looked through a window a few days ago and I thought to myself that it reminded me, in terms of the layout of the ground, of that dream I wrote about. I wrote of how I saw a very bright flash on the wall of my apartment through the window which was followed by another very bright light. I looked through the window and I could see a small hill directly outside my window that had green grass on it but in the distance was the skyline of Seattle and it was completely ablaze. I look at that map now and I note that the window I looked through a few days ago that reminded me of that dream looks out onto a neighborhood road labeled Shelton Court.

09/19/09 12:16 PM
Every since I made that first observation about the ground a few days ago I have wondered if the dream is therefore a vision of the future, which I still think it is. And so I wonder if that detail about the hill is a literal detail in a dream about the future and it represents where I be located when that future event happens.

But I have also been thinking it is some kind of symbolic detail that is associated with a literal vision of the future. The detail about the hill, I have thought, could mean a lot of different things. One is that it was there simply for me to understand that I would not be affected by the nuclear burst and that is why I could still see the green grass in front of me.

09/19/09 12:29 PM
The major problem with *me* talking about the future - especially in private as I am now - is that these loonies will work overtime to make fiction into reality.










https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1564585/quotes

IMDb


Skyline (2010)

Quotes


[the group watches the helicopter take off after landing soldiers on the roof of the building next door]

Candice: Where are they going?

Jarrod: [to Elaine] Those choppers are coming back for them. We have to go up to the roof and get rescued. We're gonna get out of here.

Elaine: What if they don't come back? Look what happened to all those planes! What good is it trying to get away in a helicopter? We'll never make it with those things in the air!

Jarrod: I don't care! We need to take a chance!

Oliver: A chance? They just nuked a city! And you want to wave hello?










From 6/1/1960 ( Dwight Eisenhower - Executive Order 10879—Establishing the White House Service Certificate and the White House Service Badge ) To 6/11/2005 ( for me personally as Kerry Burgess: Downtown Emergency Service Center - Seattle ) is 16446 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/12/2010 is 16446 days



From 4/6/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"The City on the Edge of Forever" ) To 11/12/2010 is 15926 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/10/2009 is 15926 days



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1564585/releaseinfo

IMDb

Skyline (2010)

Release Info

USA 12 November 2010










from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 06/10/09 9:39 PM
I could see very well in the dream that we were flying over some mountainous terrain and there was a Libyan military jet below me and to my right side. The dialog that I believe was from the RIO in the seat behind me was about that opposing fighter and the part that I remember the best is that he was saying the the pilot of that Libyan jet was wearing a mask. I could see the jet well enough to establish the make but I was far enough away that I could not see the pilot or even if he was wearing an oxygen mask. The first detail on that notion I remember either during the dream or after I have pondered over it is that my RIO was looking at him through binoculars. At some point afterwards the thought occurred to me that we had actually flown close enough to that Libyan aircraft that I could see visually unaided that he was wearing an oxygen mask. There was some other dialog from my RIO and I have pondered over whether he was also communicating with the Hawkeye or the carrier or both over the radio the details I was hearing from him. We were preparing to engage the Libyan fighter with the weapons on my aircraft and this part about the summary label for the project item reminds me of something my RIO was saying but I cannot remember precisely what he was saying. It was as though he was scheduling a task for our fire-control computer and I heard him define the text of the label for that task of firing at the opposing fighter. I feel certain that is not really how the fire-control system operates in an F-14 Tomcat but this was a notion similar to writing a message on the casing of a bomb just before it is dropped on a target.










http://www.startrek.com/database_article/city-on-the-edge-of-forever-the

STAR TREK


City on the Edge of Forever, The

Star Trek: The Original Series

Season: 1 Ep. 28

Air Date: 04/06/1967










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


KIRK: How are the stone knives and bearskins?

SPOCK: I may have found our focal point in time.

KIRK: You may also find you have a connection burning someplace.

SPOCK: Yes. I'm overloading those lines. I believe we'll have our answer on this screen.

KIRK: Good.

SPOCK: And, Captain, you may find this a bit distressing.

KIRK: Let's see what you have.

SPOCK: I've slowed down the recording we made from the time vortex.

KIRK: February 23rd, 1936. Six years from now. (reading below the headline FDR confers with slum area 'angel') The President and Edith Keeler conferred for some time today

(Then the whole thing goes up in flames.)

KIRK: How bad?

SPOCK: Bad enough.

KIRK: The President and Edith Keeler.

SPOCK: It would seem unlikely, Jim.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


GUARDIAN: A question. Since before your sun burned hot in space and before your race was born, I have awaited a question.

KIRK: What are you?

GUARDIAN: I am the Guardian of Forever.










http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/09/good-news-for-people-who-love-bad-news.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 05, 2014

"Good News For People Who Love Bad News"



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2012/07/time-traveler-effect-variables.html - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 7:52 PM Pacific Time USA Sunday 15 July 2012


My knowledge today + (My knowledge until EVENT time travel) = (My knowledge after EVENT time travel) + My knowledge gained post-event


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 15 July 2012 excerpt ends]

&&&
&&&

Skyline (2010)


Walt?
Walt?
Are you there?
What the hell are you?
Hiding.
I saw all these
People in the sky.
They pulled over.
Come on, get your car
and leave from Los Angeles.
Get down!
Close your blinds!
No!
Walt!

&&&
&&&

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1564585/releaseinfo

IMDb


Skyline (2010)

Release Info

USA 12 November 2010

&&&
&&&

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1564585/quotes

IMDb


Skyline (2010)

Quotes


[first lines]

Elaine: Oh, how's it morning already?

&&&
&&&

Project Gutenberg's The Time Machine, by H. G. (Herbert George) Wells


Title: The Time Machine

Author: H. G. (Herbert George) Wells


VI


'Necessarily my memory is vague. Great shapes like big machines rose out of the dimness, and cast grotesque black shadows, in which dim spectral Morlocks sheltered from the glare. The place, by the by, was very stuffy and oppressive, and the faint halitus of freshly shed blood was in the air. Some way down the central vista was a little table of white metal, laid with what seemed a meal. The Morlocks at any rate were carnivorous! Even at the time, I remember wondering what large animal could have survived to furnish the red joint I saw. It was all very indistinct: the heavy smell, the big unmeaning shapes, the obscene figures lurking in the shadows, and only waiting for the darkness to come at me again!

&&&
&&&

http://www.online-literature.com/bible/John/

THE LITERATURE NETWORK


Literature Network > The Holy Bible > John


John


5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life










https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1564585/quotes

IMDb


Skyline (2010)

Quotes


[last lines]

Elaine: Jarrod?










https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1564585/quotes

IMDb


Skyline (2010)

Quotes


Jarrod: I'm not kidding anymore, Oliver. You need to back off!

Oliver: You're in no condition to decide anything and who knows what side you're on?










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


McCoy leaps in through Singers Book Store window and starts shouting.)

MCCOY: Assassins! Murderers! Murderers! Assassins! You! What planet is this?












krem-news_06-02-2018_1.jpg

https://www.krem.com/video/news/headlines-on-demand/headlines-on-demand-6-pm-6-2-18/293-8148323










https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1564585/quotes

IMDb


Skyline (2010)

Quotes


Elaine: What... What is it?

Jarrod: They're not dead. They're just really, really pissed off.



- posted by Kerry Burgess 02:35 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 03 June 2018