Friday, December 13, 2019

Battle Beyond the Stars



https://twitter.com/ExpanseOnPrime/status/1205593234317152256

The Expanse

@ExpanseOnPrime

1:00 PM - 13 Dec 2019









the-expanse_season4-ep1-2019_00h-13m-32s.jpg



the-expanse_season4-ep1-2019_00h-13m-51s.jpg



the-expanse_season4-ep1-2019_00h-13m-52s.jpg








http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080421/releaseinfo

IMDb

Battle Beyond the Stars (1980)

Release Info

USA 8 September 1980 (New York City, New York)








https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willard_Libby

Willard Libby

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Willard Frank Libby (December 17, 1908 – September 8, 1980) was an American physical chemist noted for his role in the 1949 development of radiocarbon dating, a process which revolutionized archaeology and palaeontology. For his contributions to the team that developed this process, Libby was awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1960.








http://hvom.blogspot.com/2016/08/remarks-on-signing-organized-crime.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess

THURSDAY, AUGUST 25, 2016

Remarks on Signing the Organized Crime Control Act

Sport - Part 2

Thinking again overnight one detail became clearer in my mind about the year 1990.

My official records from the United States National Archives, they sent to me three years ago, documents when my separation leave began.

I wrote about how I couldn't recall the precise date I first started work at a civilian job in Greenville South Carolina.

A document from the United States Social Security Administration I received back in the year 2006 got me thinking about that. That document lists the civilian employers I had in the past and which included from the year 1990 up to Microsoft Corporation beginning December 1998.

So the detail that became clearer in my mind last night is consistent with my closer examination of the calendar of the year 1990.

The day 01 April 1990 was a Sunday.

So that must be the day I wrote about traveling with Jim Shea out to Seneca South Carolina for the very first service call of the contract my employer (according to my federal documents) had just taken over to service computer equipment for First Federal Savings and Loan in South Carolina.

That is consistent for two reasons.

One is because I remember a training period before the service contract began.

The other is because I recall the urgency needing me to be available to work with Jim Shea in the Greenville office.

The second point is reinforced by the facts I remember associated with meeting with Dan Benbow.

I found out I could interview for employment but I was needed there in Greenville as soon as possible. At the time I was still waiting in a temporary duty barracks as my honorable discharge from the United States Navy was being processed.

I can still recall going to the office and asking another Petty Officer who worked in the office if I could take the day off so I could go to Greenville for the employment interview. He said I could not take off and so I asked if I could use a leave day for that and that is what happened. I either recall now or I recall now that I once wrote that I traveled to Greenville for the Thursday interview with Dan Benbow, which the calendar says is 22 March 1990.

So since my separation leave began on Saturday then Friday must have been my last day and that must be the day I recall driving the rental car from Charleston South Carolina to Greenville.

I had to do that because my employer had an employee from Texas in town to train us (very lightly) on the equipment and I would have needed to be there on Monday. The following Sunday was the 1st of April.


- posted by Kerry Burgess 1:27 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 12/13/2019