Monday, December 02, 2019

Clydesdale




astronaut-2019_00h-46m-16s.jpg








Kerry Burgess, September 20, 2017 11:27 am

Kerry Burgess updated his status.

Today meets the point I am officially half-way towards my goal of returning to my body weight of the same I was on 27 June 2004 which was the last time I successfully completed an Ironman triathlon.

I don't recall my precise body weight on 27 June 2004 but I know that the Ironman Coeur d'Alene organizers still had me in their so-called "Clydesdale" category. That category is for male contestants who weigh in at over 200 pounds body weight. I can remember in the hours before the race began and my race against the 17 hour clock I was wondering if I would still be in that category.

As my '878' finisher photo attests, I had - without prodding by any person and on my own personal initiative and in protest (as proved by my '878' photo) - quit working at Microsoft Corporation near Seattle a few months earlier and, along with my $80,000 per year salary and brokerage accounts and many other perks of employment, I lost all that free Coca-Cola that Microsoft provides at work. So I was wondering if I was still going to weigh in over 200 pounds on race day. I did weigh on race day over 200 pounds but just barely. Can't recall the precise number but I would have to guess now it was between 200 and 205.

I can't believe how much weight I've lost so far in the past few weeks. I'm not even trying that hard.

The stationary bike seems to produce the best results. After the acrid wildfire smoke cleared from the skies recently I went out walking more but that didn't seem, so far, to produce much result, at least not the sort of daily result I get from the stationary bike. I drink literally a gallon of distilled water each day so I know the loss is not from dehydration.

I haven't been trying that hard but the stationary bike can be really excruciating. The only thing that makes it bearable 6 days per week is having the television in front of me to watch and to distract me for a few minutes at a time.

With winter fast approaching here in Snow-can I know that is going to be my only outlet for the next 6 months although I anticipate meeting my goal well before that much time has passed. Most of the - or all of the sidewalks I have enjoyed the past month will soon be ankle deep or more of snow and plowed snow and road grit and deicer. The city says the sidewalks are supposed to be cleared but I don't see that very often even in the places with the obvious traffic of other footprints in the accumulated snow.

Obviously something (else) very amazing happened to me after the year 2004.

Perhaps that part of my mind locked away and hiding will be able to relate more to my present self if I meet my goal.

What will I think. Who will I be.









fitbit_kerry-burgess_11-17-2017_1.jpg








https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/executive-order-11358-inspection-income-excess-profits-estate-and-gift-tax-returns-the

The American Presidency Project

LYNDON B. JOHNSON

36th President of the United States: 1963 ‐ 1969

Executive Order 11358—Inspection of Income, Excess-Profits, Estate, and Gift Tax Returns by the Committee on Un-American Activities, House of Representatives

June 06, 1967

By virtue of the authority vested in me by section 55(a) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1939, as amended (53 Stat. 29, 54 Stat. 1008; 26 U.S.C. (1952 Ed.) 55 (a)), and by section 6103(a) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, as amended (68A Stat. 753; 26 U.S.C. 6103 (a)), it is hereby ordered that any income, excess-profits, estate, or gift tax return for the years 1948 to 1967, inclusive, shall, during the Ninetieth Congress, be open to inspection by the Committee on Un-American Activities, House of Representatives, or any duly authorized subcommittee thereof, for the purpose of carrying on those investigations of subversive and un-American activities and propaganda authorized by clause 18 of Rule XI of the Rules of the House of Representatives, agreed to January 10, 1967. Such inspection shall be in accordance and upon compliance with the rules and regulations prescribed by the Secretary of the Treasury in Treasury Decisions 6132 and 6133, relating to the inspection of returns by committees of the Congress approved by the President on May 3, 1955.

This order shall be effective upon its filing for publication in the Federal Register.

LYNDON B. JOHNSON

The White House

June 6, 1967

NOTE: Executive Order 11358 was not made public in the form of a White House press release.

Lyndon B. Johnson, Executive Order 11358—Inspection of Income, Excess-Profits, Estate, and Gift Tax Returns by the Committee on Un-American Activities, House of Representatives Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/306402



- posted by Kerry Burgess 06:36 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 12/02/2019