Sunday, December 08, 2019

The Man Who Never Was


Dang. Today would have been a good day to get out early for a bicycle ride.

The temperature registered on my patio didn't get much below 38 degrees Fahrenheit last night, which is well-above normal for here in this very mild start to this winter season in Spokane.

Back in Seattle, I would often ride my road bicycle without much concern in those sort of temperatures. Now in these days, after wasting a decade-and-a-half of almost every waking hour at this stupid desk, I don't quite have the nerve to get out there on those slippery surfaces with my hybrid-bicycle (mountain-bike, road-bicycle combination) tires. If I still had a mountain-bike then I might try it, the extra wide and heavy tires giving me more confidence crossing over those patches of wet pine needles and other hazards of autumn and winter.

For a long time now, a memory from my youth has often surfaced in my conscious mind, among others.

There was one time, perhaps around the year 1975, Thedia took me to the new DeQueen Lake spillway to fish, something I cannot recall her doing before with me.

We were sitting there at the spillway and - the way I remember it all - she must have seen the Park Ranger, or whatever law enforcement officer he was, moments after he saw her.

Because she threw her fishing pole in the water.

She didn't have a fishing license, I didn't need one.

The official didn't buy her story about not fishing, because he had seen her sitting there fishing without a fishing license, and he gave her a fine.

The way I remember it, I remember we got back to the trailer park and she was whining about it to a friend, that she was just trying to take her son fishing, and she gets a fine.

I have thought several times about that experience since it resurfaced in my conscious memory about two years ago. I remember I had just started getting outside more again and I was riding my old mountain-bicycle to Coeur d'Alene for the very first time since those Glorious 878 Days.

My presence that day wasn't about her "motherly concern" but was more about me, I have decided, being a "prop" for her, a term originating from theatrical property, an object used during a theatrical performance.

My guess is she got lured out there because *somebody* knows she's a Bad Person and she was being policed.

The bait was something about a potential new husband for her, is my guess.

In my experience, Thedia, and the vast majority of the people in this country the United States of America, are too lazy to ever be anything other than menial labor.

They bitch and whine and clap for Elizabeth Warren as she panders to them about the Wealthy People and they want everything simply handed to them without ever having to struggle and work for it.

Sure, Thedia and every other menial laborer such as Homer Burgess will tell you they have struggled and worked hard but they Just. Do. Not. Get. It.

They've had to work hard at a job that any monkey can be trained to do better.

So they just bitch and whine about how hard they have it.

Thedia's had since the year 2005 to start telling the truth. And she still is not. And I know she never will.

Why? Because she's too lazy.

The only time that matters is *now*. She's not telling the truth and whatever vindictive and maliciousness she has planned on this topic for the future is pointless now.

Another memory that's lingered in my mind is about the mid-1990s.

I've written in my journal several times over the years about these memories but today I'm taking a closer look at it, struggling to find the answer I need to get me out of here.

This is a lot of new work today so I'll probably come back to it later.

Ground-zero for these memories centers around Melissa's youngest daughter, Caitlin Walraven.

When I was growing up, Melissa was my sister. She's Thedia's daughter with Joseph Wayne Burgess. Bureaucrats of the United States will never hear any of my rational explanations about why they are not my biological relatives.

In my journal, I described how I remember traveling from my apartment in Charlotte, North Carolina, to Ashdown, Arkansas, for my high-school class reunion and our ten-year anniversary.

I remember I still owned my house in South Carolina in 1994. My job had transferred me to Charlotte and I had not yet sold my beloved house in Country Club Estates.

Why is this all important?

Seems important to me now, sitting here again another day at this stupid desk, but I find myself dwelling on trivial details about those experiences in 1994 and 1995.

Only today have I thought - for the first time I can recall - to review the code pattern.

Why was I there?

Two events occurred on the same day.

The day 08/24/1994 was Caitlin's birthday party.

The other event was my high-school class reunion, organized by Lesa Jewell Withem.

At the same time Caitlin's party was in the city park, nearby in the park was a gathering of people from my Class of 1984.

Later that night we gathered at the Junior High School for the high school Class of 1984 reunion. Then I rode to Texarkana with Chad Trammell and we drank a lot of beer at a country-music bar.

I can still remember riding in Chad's SUV with some other people as he drove us back the JHS to the parking lot. We were on Highway 71 approaching Ashdown from Texarkana and I suggested we get more beer and watch the sunrise. Nobody said anything in response and we continued on to the parking lot.

That would have been 08/25/1994.

Not sure if that's the day I left and drove back to Charlotte, NC. Could have been. I can remember driving back.

In 1994, I drove there in a rental car from Enterprise.

In 1995, for the same reason, to attend Caitlin's birthday party, I drove there and back in my white 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

One of the details of triviality that has lingered in my mind for a while now is about that day in 1995.

That is one of the very few times I can recall of me being in a photograph.

I had expected Melissa to send me copies of those photos but she didn't and I don't know what happened to them.

What seems IMPORTANT about all this is the lingering sense of uncertainty that was actually Thomas Reagan in the photos in August 1995.

Then I began feeling more certain that was NOT Thomas Reagan in those photos.

Rather, *he* was there in 1994. *I* was there in 1995.

The sense of certainty was that Thomas Reagan would not have allowed himself to be photographed.

So that's why that must have been *me* there in 1995.

Before I came to that conclusion, I had been certain that Thomas Reagan had been there to visit Ashdown *all* those times in the 1990s. And maybe that's true and maybe the *only* time I was actually there was on that occasion with the photograph in August 1995.

I associate that occasion of the photograph as being the time I drove there in my Jeep.

Back in the year 1994, that night at the junior high school, where Lesa had organized our class reunion, I can remember fellow alumna Ronnie Alexander expressed his disdain when I pulled a pack of Marlboro cigarettes from my shirt pocket.

Earlier that night, Michelle Center dragged me by hand back to Mrs. Wallace's English class, where we had sat across from each other. Mrs. Wallace. One day, she told the class about the results of a project she had assigned to us. It was some sort of open essay writing project. We could write about anything. She stood there in the class and told everybody about how all the girls (precisely how many I never found out) had written about *me*. My newest step-sister, newest in a long string of past failed marriages by Thedia, was in the same grade as I and she said that Mrs. Wallace told her class the same thing. *I* never made friends. The only people I think back now as my friends back then were the people who made an effort to be my friend. Same as back in DeQueen. How screwed up I must have seemed to those adults, being the new kid in town. I was there only because I was 14-years-old and Thedia had just married for the *fifth* time. And she had certainly *lied* to everybody about it and her past. Her previous divorce had been the worst yet. Now she's married a guy with a big mustache and comical haircut and short and pot-bellied and telling me that he got that far, being cheap labor at the Gravel Pit, and he only had a 4th grade education, and he's now put me in my place and my juvenile protestations against their incompetence. In my experience, she screws up *everything* she touches and she's too much of a dim-wit and whiner to ever learn from her mistakes.

And STILL, she won't stop lying.

My guess is she's sitting around somewhere whining - because of the pressure - about how nobody else is talking either. But it started with her. Where's that "motherly concern" now?

Trying to figure some vindictive method of reprisal is my guess.

When does *my* luck run out?










https://goo.gl/maps/Jky9iqnUW3WdfSr6A

Google Streetview

DeQueen Lake, DeQueen, Arkansas









DSCN3815.jpg, Kerry Burgess 02/06/2018 Coeur d'Alene



DSCN3816.jpg, Kerry Burgess 02/06/2018 Coeur d'Alene



DSCN3819.jpg, Kerry Burgess 02/06/2018 Coeur d'Alene



DSC03556.jpg, Kerry Burgess 02/06/2018 Coeur d'Alene



DSC03641.jpg, Kerry Burgess 02/06/2018 Spokane








From 9/11/2001 to 2/6/2004 ( as Kerry Burgess in excellent standing and 100% my own personal initiative my final day full-time employment Microsoft Corporation in Seattle beginning 12/07/1998 ) is 878 days








from my journal as Kerry Burgess

November 8, 2017

From 12/20/1994 to 3/1/2004 is 3359 days








http://www.tv.com/shows/the-twilight-zone/cavender-is-coming-12686/trivia/

tv.com

The Twilight Zone Season 3 Episode 36

Cavender is Coming

Aired May 25, 1962 on CBS

Quotes

Polk: Apprentice angel Cavender, it has come to our attention that you are the only angel of your class not to have won your wings. It is further occurred to our attention that you are a clod.








From 6/17/1983 ( premiere US film "Superman III" ) To 8/24/1994 ( ) is 4086 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/9/1977 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Six Million Dollar Man"::"Death Probe - Part 1" ) is 4086 days



From 10/18/1993 ( the launch of the US space shuttle Columbia orbiter vehicle mission STS-58 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-58 pilot astronaut and my 2nd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 8/24/1994 ( ) is 310 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/8/1966 ( premiere US TV series "Star Trek" ) is 310 days



From 5/12/1991 ( I was the winning race driver at the Formula One Monaco Grand Prix as the unpublished Formula One driver and the financial partner of McLaren Honda and the legitimate agent of Interpol ) To 8/24/1994 ( ) is 1200 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/14/1969 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Requiem for Methuselah" ) is 1200 days



From 5/25/1962 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Twilight Zone"::"Cavender is Coming" ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate ) is 10522 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/24/1994 ( ) is 10522 days



From 12/20/1946 ( premiere US film "Its a Wonderful Life" ) To 8/24/1994 ( ) is 17414 days

17414 = 8707 + 8707

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/4/1989 ( Newsweek: The Blue Planet - A Close Encounter with Neptune ) is 8707 days



From 9/7/1966 ( premiere US TV series "The Man Who Never Was" ) To 6/29/1995 ( the Mir space station docking of the United States space shuttle Atlantis orbiter vehicle mission STS-71 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-71 pilot astronaut and my 3rd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) is 10522 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/24/1994 ( ) is 10522 days



From 5/11/1961 ( John F. Kennedy - Executive Order 10940—Establishing the President's Committee on Juvenile Delinquency and Youth Crime ) To 3/2/1990 ( as Kerry Burgess my the official United States Navy documents includes: departing overseas from USS Wainwright CG 28 anchored in Monaco I returned to the continental United States and to Charleston South Carolina Naval Base for processing and honorable discharge from active duty United States Navy ) is 10522 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/24/1994 ( ) is 10522 days









newsweek-neptune-1989.jpg, from internet








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0702050/plotsummary

IMDb

The Six Million Dollar Man (TV Series)

Death Probe: Part 1 (1977)

Plot

A bizarre machine, designed for the supremely harsh conditions of the planet Venus, has crashed onto Earth and is running amok. The machine is a probe designed by the Soviet Union and Steve Austin is the only man who can stop it - but he must survive the machine's onslaught first.









STS-49_crew.jpg, from internet



STS-49_crew-crop.jpg, illustration by me, Kerry Burgess, from internet content



youtube_intel-6-reboost-1992_6.jpg, from internet



sts049-s-251.jpg, from internet



s49-91-029.jpg, from internet








http://www.tv.com/shows/the-man-who-never-was/one-plus-one-equals-one-331451/

tv.com

The Man Who Never Was Season 1 Episode 1

One Plus One Equals One

Aired Sep 07, 1966 on ABC

EPISODE SUMMARY

After witnessing the death of a lookalike, Peter Murphy takes on the dead man's life of international businessman, playboy...and spy.

CAST & CREW: STARS

Robert Lansing: Peter Murphy/Mark Wainwright

AIRED: 9/7/66








http://articles.latimes.com/1992-05-11/news/mn-1188_1_space-shuttle-endeavour

Los Angeles Times

Errant Satellite Twists Out of Shuttle's Grasp

May 11, 1992 ROBERT W. STEWART TIMES STAFF WRITER

HOUSTON — What had been a flawless maiden voyage for space shuttle Endeavour ran into serious trouble Sunday as astronauts attempting to snag a stranded $150-million communications satellite sent it spinning out of control.

"We've got to get away from this thing," Endeavour commander Daniel C. Brandenstein, 49, said








From 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates the United States Army veteran and the Harvard University graduate medical doctor and the world-famous actress and the wife of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 5/7/1992 ( the first launch of the United States space shuttle Endeavour orbiter vehicle mission STS-49 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-49 pilot astronaut and my 1st official United States of America National Aeronautics and Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) is 10523 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/25/1994 ( ) is 10523 days



From 2/14/1968 ( Margaret Melissa Burgess ) To 8/25/1994 ( ) is 9689 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/13/1992 ( the Intelsat 6 successful rescue during US space shuttle Endeavour orbiter vehicle mission STS-49 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-49 pilot astronaut and my 1st official United States of America National Aeronautics and Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) is 9689 days








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0702050/

IMDb

The Six Million Dollar Man (1974–1978)

Death Probe: Part 1

TV-PG 47min Action, Adventure, Crime Episode aired 9 January 1977

Season 4 Episode 13

Cast

Lee Majors ... Col. Steve Austin

Storyline

When an object tracks across the sky and lands in a remote area in Wyoming, Oscar and Steve arrive on the scene and find that a Russian space probe built to withstand the extreme Venus environment has crash landed on earth and is out of Soviet control. It's up to Steve to try to stop the probe from destroying a nearby town.

Release Date: 9 January 1977 (USA)









https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6b/Endeavour_silhouette_STS-130.jpg









shuttle landing giphy.gif, from internet








http://www.orlandosentinel.com/os-pictures-space-shuttle-atlantis-last-trip-20121102-photogallery.html

Orlando Sentinel

Pictures: Space shuttle Atlantis last trip

Red Huber, Orlando Sentinel

Space Shuttle Atlantis leaves at dawn Friday, November 2, 2012 on a slow trek to it's new home at Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex.









https://www.flickr.com/photos/nasahqphoto/8158299208/in/album-72157631910505025/



https://www.flickr.com/photos/nasahqphoto/8089420632/



https://www.flickr.com/photos/my_public_domain_photos/23751897718


- posted by Kerry Burgess 12:59 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 12/08/2019